Elope Asheville Reviews

26 | Asheville, NC

26 Reviews for Elope Asheville

Joshua Marsh · Getting married on 02/02/2022

A simple, yet beautiful ceremony

We decided that a big wedding was not something we were interested in pursuing and wanted a more intimate experience. We had considered a simple courthouse ceremony back home in Ohio and then honeymoon in Asheville. We had our heart set on getting married on Wednesday 2/26 for many reasons and our local county only performed ceremonies on Thursdays...go figure. We decided to look beyond our home town and searched for how to get married in Asheville. Elope Asheville popped up and captured our interest. We were surprised that something like this existed and we contacted them immediately. It turns out, they handle everything...the officiant, pictures, the setting, flowers (if you want them), and will even provide witnesses if it is just the two of you. The only things we had to do was get ourselves to Asheville, get our marriage license, and show up on time.

We decided to get married in Pack Square Park in the morning. It was a beautiful ceremony and John Paul did a wonderful job officiating. We had decided to use traditional vows and what John Paul used were words that could not have described our love and devotion any better than had we written them ourselves.

During the ceremony, their Photographer, Ben, was barely noticeable and took beautiful photos of the us exchanging vows. After the ceremony, Ben took several pictures of us in the park. He was very energetic and did a great job capturing this special moment. He even talked us into posing for a few of those corny wedding shots.

I would highly encourage anyone considering eloping to Asheville or if you are local and looking or simple, yet beautiful wedding experience, to give these folks a chance. They were very easy to work with, their communication was great, and everything went just as we had planned.

Sent on 02/27/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda Steiner · Getting married on 04/04/2020

I couldn’t be happier

From start to finish elope Asheville was a wonderful experience. They were responsive and attentive to detail. The pictures were breathtaking and it was fun! The experience was genuinely better than I could have planned. We are delighted and would highly recommend anyone use this company.

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Hessler · Married on 01/12/2020

Best decision we made.

I cannot say enough good things about thins team! From the planning process and quick replies to literally making this the easiest and laid back experience. We said our vows at our favorite brewery Wicked Weed with JP. Ben took a ton of pictures during the ceremony and after! They were both great to spend time with and made us feel right at home. Thank you so so much for a great stress free time! If you are thinking about eloping this is the place to do it! Contact the team and you wont be sorry!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Ciera Bowling · Married on 01/09/2020

These people are amazing!!

Let me start by saying these people are AMAZING!! From start to finish they held my hand along the way of the treacherous task of being a bride! I stared by emailing John Paul (who officiated our wedding) when I first got engaged. Because we're from Florida we had NO IDEA who we should choose for our vendors. They recommended a great hair/make-up artist, a violinist, venues, etc! I ended up going with literally ALL recommendations and was so pleased that I did!! John Paul did a fantastic job (didn't mess up not one time :D) and he truly made us feel comfortable. THE PHOTOGRAPHY IS AMAZING!!!!! So, we stayed at a bed and breakfast and Amanda came to take some photos of me getting ready before the ceremony. She was so kind and patient with my awkward poses (lol!) Her fiance, Ben is also a photographer for Elope Asheville, and while Amanda took photos of myself, he took photos of the groom and family at the venue. This was so convenient because, of course, it took me awhile to get ready! I loved that he used that time so wisely. Now, the results of the photos were incredible. The mountains alone looked fantastic; but the editing, the creative photo ideas - more than I could have ever asked for. I am so happy I choose Elope Asheville for one of the most important days of our lives. We have such fond memories to look back on for many years to come. Thank you all so much for everything that you did for us!!!!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Tia

Tia · Married on 06/24/2019

Elope Asheville is the way to go!

Elope Asheville created such a pleasant experience for me and my wife. We wanted a personal, intimate wedding far away from the piled on stress that would have came from getting married where we live. We decided we wanted to elope and I came across Elope Asheville on Google. The website is what mainly caught my eye so I sent them an email late that night and by the next morning, I got a response. Since that first initial email to the day before our wedding date (June 24th) they were wonderful at communication. I had to have sent them at least 30 emails from our first encounter and they responded to every single one of them. They are very friendly and very professional. On the day of our wedding, we met with Jon Paul and Ben and had a great experience. Both of them were hilarious and eased any nerves that we had. We haven't received any pictures yet but i'm sure they will be gorgeous. I highly recommend Elope Asheville!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Allyson

Allyson Watson · Married on 06/14/2019

Stress-Free and Delightfully Easy Process

Elope Asheville was so simple to work with and had quick follow up on our questions in planning our elopement. We had not been to Asheville before our wedding and I was so grateful for their local insights on the best spots, a plan for where to meet day of, and their help in planning a short and intimate ceremony for my husband and I. Our entire intent in eloping was to eliminate stress and planning and working with Elope Asheville absolutely accomplished both. I was a bit apprehensive about how photos would work out for us as we had not done an engagement session earlier and had never taken professional photos together before this day. I’m so grateful for how easy it was to be ourselves while working with Amanda, she really made it easy for us (very natural and comfortable) and I’m so looking forward to seeing our photos. Thank you for helping us plan our perfect day.

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 04/20/2019

We loved Elope Asheville!

This was everything I wanted for my wedding, and more! Amanda answered every question I had and then some. She was so flexible and accommodating, she made planning my wedding in 6 weeks a breeze! Ben, our photographer, was phenomenal. He has a great eye for photos and was truly great to work with. We highly recommend Elope Asheville and wish we could get married again, just so we could work with these wonderful people.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Katelynn · Married on 10/06/2018

We loved our ceremony at the Vineyard. Beautiful scenery. Elope Asheville was always available for questions and very easy going. Made planning our elopement easy and stress free.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Elope Asheville's reply:

Thank you so much Katelynn, it was truly our pleasure!!

Heidi · Married on 09/07/2018

Our wedding day was truly something out of a fairy tale, thanks to everyone at Elope Asheville!!
    I knew that I always wanted a nontraditional wedding and they delivered EXACTLY what my husband and I were dreaming of!
    From the first moment I inquired through the website, Cassie was on top of every question and concern I had. She made the planning part a cinch.
    On the day of the ceremony, we did not know what to expect and we NEVER dreamed that everything would go so effortlessly.
    Ben and Jon-Paul are AMAZING!! Ben made us feel like family from the moment he met us in the parking lot. He made me feel so calm and excited about what was in store.
    The entire walk up to the spot where we were married, was so much fun. I actually even felt like a kid again, climbing into a tree to get a picture in my wedding gown.
    As soon as we got to the spot where we were to be married, we both were overtaking by the sheer beauty and almost a feeling like we were in heaven.
    Jon-Paul delivered the most touching and personal ceremony for us. And we even got to laugh a bit, thanks to the flies that accompanied us for our ceremony. HAHA!
    Ben was the best photographer we could've asked for. He made us feel so comfortable and made us laugh the entire time!
    I could not have asked for anything more for our wedding day! Ben and Jon-Paul made the day so special and we will FOREVER be grateful to them for that!
    I HIGHLY recommend Elope Asheville to anyone that is willing to take a risk and to make their special day ALL ABOUT THEM!
    We are so thankful for the experience and we look forward to being able to take our son back to the spot that Mommy and Daddy got married, for the rest of his life.
    CHEERS!!
    -Heidi Huskey Mann

Sent on 09/11/2018

Kim · Married on 06/16/2018

The entire team at elope Asheville were totally in tuned with what I wanted out of my wedding! It was absolutely perfect and I cannot thank them enough for making our day exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Pam · Married on 04/21/2018

Wonderful, stress free experience. Beautiful venue. Flowers were amazing. The service was spot on with what we asked for. Everyone was super friendly, easy to deal with and timely in responding. Can not say enough good things about this group!

Sent on 04/25/2018

MARTINA · Married on 02/23/2018

Our wedding with Elope Asheville was so much more than we could have imagined! Amanda, our photographer, and Paul, our officiant, were incredible to work with. They both exuded confidence and professionalism while making the experience fun and relaxing for us. My husband and I are very laid back, while still being a bit traditional. Although it was just the team at Elope and the two of us, it was a very memorable ceremony and wonderful memory that we’ll both cherish. Our ceremony was brief, but we never felt rushed or hurried. Paul wrote a beautiful ceremony that incorporated our personal vows and Amanda made us feel special with her attention to detail and friendly manner. We couldn't have asked for a better elopement experience. Elope Asheville would be perfect for anyone wanting to get married in the Asheville area. Even coming from Durham, I felt confident that everything would work out splendidly with all of them taking care of us.

Sent on 03/17/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/04/2017

What an amazing experience. Weather was not on our side for our original ceremony location (Craggy Pinnacle), but Elope Asheville came through with a last minute indoor venue at Addison Farms. The weather cleared up enough to have our ceremony outside and have photos taken (which are amazing, by the way). We 1000% recommend Elope Asheville. They are so fun, very professional, and make it so stress-free. If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing. Thank you, Elope Asheville, for an incredible wedding day for Matt and I.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Elope Asheville's reply:

You guys are the best! Congratulations again!!!

Christina · Married on 10/20/2017

We loved working with Elope Asheville! It was easy and relaxed from the beginning. Which is exactly what we wanted out of an elopement.
    I had wanted one thing, while my partner wanted something else. So I called and talked with Amanda about what we each personally wanted. While my partner was all about getting married in a brewery, I did not want to stand in a dining room type area with everyone looking at me. Amanda was honest about what it is normally like and worked with us to give me a private garden wedding plus a tour of breweries afterwards.
    Going into the planning, we only had a few things actually in mind. Tattooed rings and as short of a ceremony as possible. Being out of town, we asked for a recommendation for a tattoo parlor. We hadn’t been sure when the tattoos would happen exactly but after talking out our plan we decided to do it during our 4 hours with the driver. The last request we had was to not use the terms husband and wife, but life partners. And the ceremony turned out beautiful!
    The day turned out perfect, relaxed, and fun, just as we had wanted! If you want to read more about our day, you can read my blog: cmtallman.com/posts/e-day

Sent on 12/05/2017

Cassandra · Married on 07/18/2017

Elope Asheville is amazing!! Our photographer Amanda captured the most beautiful moments between my husband and I and was super friendly and easy to work with. I contact Amanda several times throughout the wedding planning period and she responded, friendly and promptly, to me each and every time! Paul (who married us) couldn't have prepared a better ceremony! All in all the ceremony and photography were beautiful, special, and exactly what we were looking for. Thank you guys so much for making our day perfect!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Kathleen · Married on 05/20/2017

Jon Paul and Amanda were amazing! We chose the romantic garden setting and could not be more pleased. They did a wonderful job and I will always have these sweet memories of our wonderful wedding ceremony! PERFECT!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Avery · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and I live on the coast and we were looking for a private ceremony somewhere beautiful and Elope Asheville helped us have just that! Knowing nothing about Asheville or the mountains in general, Elope Asheville allowed us to have the most perfect day.

Jon-Paul and Amanda were very helpful throughout the whole process. We communicated through email and they were very thorough and timely in their replies to my many questions. We chose to have our ceremony at Olivette. The place is absolutely breathtaking! River, mountains, what more could you ask for! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Rachael · Married on 04/29/2017

When our officiant flaked on us the day before our wedding (yes, you read that correctly) Jon-Paul was able in for us, making it to our rehearsal just three hours later, and performing our wedding the next day, exactly to our specifications. We didn't use Elope Asheville for anything else, just his officiating services, but we couldn't be more pleased. Not having an officiant is a HUGE deal because we didn't want to have spent all of our time planning a wedding for our marriage to it even be legal at the end of the day. Big thanks to Jon-Paul for being so professional and stepping in so last minute!!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Kelly · Married on 03/26/2016

If you want a simple elopement where you get to choose the location of your ceremony anywhere within the downtown Asheville area, Jon Paul and Amanda are highly recommended. They both worked with us in choosing a beautiful location and they were fun, yet professional to work with. Amanda, the photographer, shoots a wide variety of poses to choose from during and after the ceremony. I am looking forward to seeing the downloads which should be available via email in the next two weeks.

Sent on 03/31/2016

Katrina · Married on 07/18/2015

When we decided we wanted a small, private ceremony, I started looking in to ways to elope near our hometown in Western, NC. Upon an internet search, I found Elope Asheville and emailed them. They soon returned my email with a phone call to plan out when we wanted the ceremony, where (they have many different locations they can work with or you can pick your own!) and what we wanted included. Their prices are super reasonable and they will work with their base plans to find an option you love. When we had the wedding, John-Paul and Amanda (the photographer) were so sweet and made our wedding day special. We were supposed to keep it under a certain number of guests, but ended up going over. We just had to pay a small additional fee (very reasonable)! The ease of the whole transaction was fabulous and we got tons of compliments from all our guests! If you want a small wedding, or you want to elope consider Elope Asheville! They are the best!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Amber Yancey · Married on

Married on Oct 15, 2019

So satisfied with our pick for wedding planning! Literately, we just had to show up! Jeremy and I want to thank you for bringing such a special day for us together! We never could thank you enough! God bless you!!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Stefanie · Married on 05/27/2017

Elope Asheville was my dream come true! Since this was not the first marriage for either of us, we didn’t want any of the fuss of a “wedding”, but the thought of starting our life together at the courthouse was a little....depressing. I found Elope Asheville and booked our wedding ceremony less than a month before the exact date we hoped to marry - on SATURDAY of Memorial Day Weekend! Elope Asheville made the process of getting married simple and fun! From the first communication via email, to the moment they arrived at the pretty little vineyard on top of the mountain, to hanging out and tasting wine afterwards while wrapping up the business of getting married…FUN. Exactly how it should be. I could not have asked for a better experience to marry my love, my soulmate - no fuss, all about us. I have already told so many people that THIS is the way to get married! Thank you Elope Asheville!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2017

We absolutely loved the experience and have remarked many times since that we wouldn't have done it any other way. The elope Asheville team was super accommodating and fulfilled our strange and last minute request. Amanda was very responsive and after receiving the photos I was blown away by the quality and skill of the photographers as they managed to capture the love and happiness we felt that day but couldn't seem to say without crying.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Paige · Married on 06/10/2017

The team with elope asheville are incredible. We wanted a quiet ceremony for just to two of us outside of a courthouse and that was exactly what we got! We had to last minute reschedule and we were quickly able to find a time and date that worked for everyone. Jon-Paul was so easy going and wonderful, he was helpful in calming our nerves and had a beautiful ceremony put together. Everything we could've asked for was done for us and we were thoroughly impressed with the care and detail that we were given. Ben and Amanda are wonderful, and made us feel so welcome and right at home. I couldn't have asked to share our day with a better team. Thank you all so much for making our day perfect!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Kamlae · Married on 10/27/2016

1.2
      1.0
      0.5

I found the website, spoke with "Jon-Paul" and he answered all my questions at first, was attentive, worked with me.. then i paid the deposit and communication stopped. When you book the ask you to fill out a questionnaire, what you would like for your wedding. They lost the first two and ignored the third. I expressed from day one that the one thing i truly care about is a private first look between my husband and I on our wedding day.
    Leading up to the big day, lack of communication was A+ on their part. No returned calls or emails finalizing our day. On the day of, Amanda the photographer had Dave set up at the ceremony (against what had been discussed), there were chairs (which were not suppose to be there and there was not even ENOUGH chairs if i had wanted them)
    So as I am walking I am super panic that he will see me, my mom goes and gets her and I re-explain what i had asked all along. Amanda obliges and we get our private first look. Immediately after the ceremony her boyfriend breaks down everything and everyone was feeling rushed. The thing that got me the most is that she admitted to not reading my questionnaire about what we want or didnt want. She completely ignored our wishes and admitted it. Thats the whole reason they have them!

They were nice, there is the only pro I can give them.
    Please do not waste your money/time or energy. They seem great on paper but its just paper.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Elope Asheville's reply:

I'm sorry to hear you are still unsatisfied with our services. We did everything possible to accommodate you but I fear that a lot was lost in translation as we were trying to do our best with your late arrival and our allotted time at the venue. We knew you wanted a first look, the only misunderstanding was that you didn't want the first look in the wedding circle, but at a separate location. The questionnaire is used to build your personalized ceremony, with you using your own officiant this wasn't meant to be returned to us. Checking back at your photos I see that all of your guests are seated in chairs so I am not sure what your chair reference is addressing. All in all we worked very hard for you, your wedding and photos were beautiful, and we hope that your memories from the day are as well. If there is anything else you need from us please don't hesitate to reach out at info@elope-asheville.com