Elite DJ Squad Reviews

7 | San Antonio, TX

7 Reviews for Elite DJ Squad

Angelia · Married on 03/10/2018

My new husband and I had DJ Bama providing the soundtrack to our night, and he did not disappoint! Everyone at our wedding reception had a wonderful time dancing their night away thanks to him! Thank y’all so much for helping give us great memories.

Sent on 03/12/2018
  • Bria

Bria · Married on 04/22/2017

I hired Elite DJ Squad to be the entertainment for my wedding. When I first met up with them, they were very personable and were very determined to meet all of my wants and needs. They made sure to get a playlist from me of all the songs that I absolutely needed and added some of their own to fit my preferences. On the day off my wedding the arrived early to set up with sound check so everything would proceed with no issues. During the event they connected with the crowd and they were the life of the party. Guests were on the dance floor all night. They took song requests with no issues. When it's was time for the last song of the night people were begging for more. These two gentlemen are great!!!! I definitely recommend them for your next event!!!

Sent on 08/03/2017
  • Kirsty

Kirsty · Married on 03/18/2018

Elite DJ Squad did a great job with the music for my small wedding. I was pretty picky about the songs playing during the ceremony and they were more than happy to take my Spotify playlists as a baseline. Patrick was really responsive to all my questions. The DJ did a great job during the dancing portion of the night and read the room really well; playing a good mix of songs that the younger crowd would like, the older crowd would like and good all around crowd pleasers. I requested some very specific songs to be played and each one got it’s time to shine plus some great songs I hadn’t heard of before that I ended up loving! The price was really reasonable and when I had a venue change that was farther away, it was no issue at all. I wasn’t able to provide much direction while I was getting ready and the DJ just came in, set up and got ready to play the music.

Sent on 04/04/2018

Christina · Married on 12/22/2018

Great deal and wonderful to work with

I hired Elite DJ Squad for my recent wedding and definitely would recommend them. The pricing they offer is completely fair and working with DJ Stash was smooth. He met all of our requirements and even put together a special Father/daughter mix for us!! Overall, I am happy I booked Elite DJ Squad--if you're looking for friendly DJs who can bring life to your party and at a fair price this is the one for you!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Elite DJ Squad's reply:

Christina, thank you so much for having me for your special day. I really appreciate the kind words and wish you and your new husband much happiness

Shannon Snavely · Married on 06/16/2019

3.4

Pros and cons

I am on the fence about this DJ company. The main guy (DJ Stash aka Patrick) was very responsive and professional. However, we were not impressed with the DJ we were given. He was not very responsive until 3 days before the wedding and I had to say something to Patrick. Also, one of our biggest complaints, was the fact the he never provided a microphone for the officiant. It was outside and NOONE could hear our ceremony. It was stated several times through emails and also on the phone that we needed this! No one stated that this would not be provided! The DJ was not very enthusiastic. He was definitely just there to play the music and lacked enthusiasm. He never once sounded excited to be there or tried getting the guests out onto the dance floor. Although our disappointment with our DJ, the company itself seems to run pretty smooth though.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Hey Shannon,

Thank you for leaving us the feedback. I have spoken with the DJ and we will be sending you an email to ask more in-depth questions. Also, we are updating our process to ask if you need a lapel mic vs. a wireless handheld mic. I also reinforced to him and the other DJs about being prompt in responding to clients.

Devynn · Married on 06/02/2018

2.2
      2.0
      3.0

We didn’t have a wedding coordinator so that may have played a part in the issues but we gave specific instructions on the order of the music and they were not followed. The bridal party walked down to the brides song and then the bride walked down in silence half way before the DJ played her song a second time. The DJ was very nice and respectful however he could use a bit more training. When asked to make announcements he was very quiet and didn’t engage with the crowds. When the garter toss was going on and no one was on the dance floor, the groom had to tell the DJ to encourage the male guests to come out. It would be wise to converse with the wedding coordinator or whoever is in charge of the event rather than only going off the emailed song list so nothing is lost in translation. With a bit more training he would be a great DJ.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Hey Devynn,

Let me first apologize with some of the difficulties that came up from your wedding. I have spoken with the DJ and shared your feedback. We will take this to improve our process and have our DJ's call the clients beforehand to ensure that all the written details are correct.

Kristen Santos · Married on 03/23/2019

1.8

Ruined Our Day

DO NOT BOOK! Literally ruined every moment where songs were needed. We were handed off last minute to a DJ we hadn't had the opportunity to meet or discuss anything with, the person who had been our main point of contact for the last 6 months, never once mentioned this could potentially happen. We were under the impression the entire 6 months they would be our DJ the day of the event. We found out less than a week before our wedding that this wouldn't be the case by another person and our main contact didn't even communicate this change. We had to reach out to him for clarification on this. Literally all the things went wrong: 1. The song my husband walked down to did not start until he was halfway down the isle. 2. The song I walked down the isle to kept playing after I was already standing at the ceremony spot for a very awkward 30 seconds until he had to be told to cut the music by the maid of honor. 3. Our song we walked back down to did not start until we had already walked down the isle. Completely ruining that exciting moment after being pronounced. 4. We waited a solid 5 minutes to be introduced while standing in front of all our guests. 5. My father-daughter song went almost two minutes longer than it should have and had to be told to cut the song multiple times when it ran over. 6. Their was random "elevator" music being played during cocktail hour - when we had built our own specific playlist to be played during this time. All in all - everything went as bad as it could have. I could not be more disappointed in the entire experience.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Elite DJ Squad's reply:

Kristen, first and foremost we sincerely apologize for what happened on one of the most special days of your life. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to communicate with you privately, hear your frustrations and to provide you with a full refund for your experience.  We take pride in being able to create an unforgettable experience for all of our clients and take full responsibility for all that transpired.

Your experience is not what we want for any of our guests so as a result, we have taken the following actions to ensure that we can create a premium experience to complement our customer's events.

1) Ensuring that our customers and DJs are completely aligned leading up to the event so there is no confusion on which team member will host your event. 2) Ensuring that I am readily available should there be any concerns. 3) Implementing training for new and existing DJs on our team to ensure that everyone will uphold the same level of professionalism and customer satisfaction.

This incident is entirely unacceptable, and for that reason, we have decided to part ways with that DJ as he did not reflect our brand's core value and beliefs.

Again, we know these things cannot undo what's already been done, but we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that another situation like this will not occur. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there are any concerns or issues we have not had the opportunity to address.

-CEO of Elite DJ Squad, Kre Gordon