Elegant Affairs Event Design and Coordination Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Katherine
    Katherine P. Married on 06/18/2022

Lisa - planner

Lisa was so great to work with! She made the whole process so simple and fun for us. The day of was completely stress free for us and that’s all thanks to Lisa’s amazing organization, attention to detail, and strong relationships with the other vendors. She had such great ideas to help us save time and money which was greatly appreciated. Hiring Lisa was the best thing we did for our wedding!
  • Yvette
    Yvette A. Married on 06/04/2022

100/10 highly recommend!

Lisa was very professional and exceeded our expectations by gracefully conducting our wedding day with flow and ease. On a day that seems chaotic with heightened emotions and complex family dynamics- she was calm, cool and collected. She was so helpful before hand with coordinating with the venue and our vendors and making sure we had everything we needed. We highly recommend her to any couple looking for a wedding planner.
    Stephanie C. Married on 05/28/2022

Amazing and perfect

She truely is amazing!!!! She makes your life 1000x easier and stress free.
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
    Sandy K. Married on 04/09/2022

Delivered the best of Paso Robles

Lisa did an amazing job of curating an entire weekend of great experiences from dinner in a wine cave to the Sensorio light fields to great wine tastings, delicious catering, a top notch jazz band, a photographer, florist, equipment rentals and brunch. She helped make my 60th birthday an incredibly wonderful time from start to finish! Not easy with a party full of picky New Yorkers but everything was just perfect!
    Allyson Married on 11/20/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I wish I could give Lisa more stars! This was a destination wedding so most of the consulting was done via email and text! My parents met and chose Lisa for me as my busy nursing student schedule made it so hard for me to go to Paso Robles and meet with my vendors. My mom knew that Lisa was the fit for me and when we finally met a month before the wedding - it was just perfect! My mom was right on target! Lisa has such a calming effect and does go above and beyond to make sure that everything was in place and on point. We forgot to order some items from the rental company and Lisa noticed the items were missing and updated our order! She kept in touch with all the vendors and made sure that everyone knew what time to arrive, the wine and food tasting at our venue was coordinated and we never missed a beat! Lisa gave us great suggestions and even offered names of other vendors she had worked with in the past. She was very familiar with the venue and made sure that everything was delivered on time and was ready to go when we arrived! She finalized the wedding welcome bags and delivered them to every hotel that we had guests at! The day of; my parents and I were relaxed and didn't have a care in the world, all thanks to Lisa! Please choose Lisa; especially if you are planning a BIG event! She will make sure that it is spectacular! Thank you so very much again for making my day so memorable!
  • Kameron
    Kameron B. Married on 10/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Lisa perfects your Big Day to a T!!!

I worked with Lisa for the entire year leading up to our wedding. We are from out of town so she assisted on recommending local vendors, speaking to them on my behalf, reviewing contracts, and providing advice and insight on past experiences. She was always easy to get a hold of and quick to respond. She ran through our rehearsal and was so patient and detailed with our bridal party and everyone's questions. We passed over all of our wedding details we had brought from home and let her know the vision. On the wedding day, she brought it to life and it was better than I could have ever imagined. The details were placed perfectly and the flow of everything was so seamless. I was able to relax and enjoy our big day as she set up our vendors, got band aids when my shoes started to fail me, get last minute items we left in our getting ready room, and delegate tasks to ensure the evening continued perfectly. We had a catering issue that I had no idea about until the next day because Lisa takes initiative to solve problems quickly. I could not imagine planning our wedding without Lisa. She is such a wealth I knowledge and I trust her so much. I am so appreciative of everything she did for us and we will never be able to thank her enough! Everyone planning a wedding NEEDS Lisa!!!
    Jordan B. Married on 09/17/2021

Incredible Experience

Lisa was incredible! The power was out at my reception and Lisa was able to find a gas-powered stove within a matter of hours so that dinner could go on! She used her incredible judgement and did not tell me so that I could enjoy my day! She also set up a wine stomping station day of when I asked for it last second! It was absolutely magical and handled flawlessly! I am unbelievably grateful!
    Travis Married on 05/30/2021

Our perfect day with Elegant Affairs

We had a beautiful and perfect wedding day, and cannot thank Lisa and Elegant Affairs enough. They deserve so much credit, and we are so thankful for all of the hard work. Due to a Covid delay, we worked with Lisa for over 2 years on planning and organizing a dream destination wedding, postponing that wedding, and planning and organizing all over again. Through the entire process, Lisa was available to answer all of our questions and assist with all of our needs and requests. She made the process of having a destination flow smoothly, even with the hiccup of a global pandemic. I cannot imagine trying to pull off the wedding without her.

She was always helpful, and always guided us in the right direction while also taking into consideration our special requests and details. She was able to combine both and create a perfect day. As the wedding day drew nearer, details and plans started to seamlessly come together. We were truly thankful for this, as it allowed us to enjoy our time with family and friends rather than panic over last minute changes and details.

On the wedding day everything we had anticipated went according to plan (or at least we think so. If it did not, she took care of it without us ever knowing or realizing which we greatly appreciated). The wedding weekend from rehearsal to the ceremony to the reception flowed smoothly, was organized, and detail oriented. All of the help from Elegant Affairs was not taken for granted and did not go unnoticed. This even continued after the wedding as the things we left at the venue were all carefully taken care of, boxed up, and ready for pickup the next morning without us asking.

If you are planning a Central Coast or Paso Robles wedding, I recommend Lisa and Elegant Affairs without reservation. Because of her hard work, we were able to truly enjoy each other on our wedding day, as well as our closest family and friends, without the stress and frustration sometimes experienced by others. I am confident in saying that you will not regret utilizing Elegant Affairs for your perfect wedding day.
    Holly B. Married on 05/08/2021

Went Above And Beyond

Hands down the best decision we made with regards to vendor hires. We will admit that we were a little skeptical at first as to whether or not we really needed a wedding coordinator, thinking it would be better to save that money and do it ourselves. In hindsight, we definitely could NOT have done this without Lisa. She was truly incredible in every way, from helping provide amazing vendor recommendations (we say we had the vendor dream team at our wedding, and this was truly all thanks to her suggestions), to pointing out things to be aware of, to helping budget, plan, and coordinate. She answered all our questions and made everything seamless -- especially when we had to move our wedding due to Covid. We know that was unexpected and a huge undertaking but Lisa made it look easy. And our wedding itself was also a bit complicated as we were getting married at one vineyard and then moving the entire party to a second venue. There were issues with the heat in August, the wind, and moving people up and down a hill by tractor, etc. We know additional issues came up but Lisa handled them in such a way that we never were impacted. She went above and beyond, and did so with such a positive, happy and fun demeanor. And the wedding itself went off perfectly -- we didn't have to worry about anything thanks to her. Again, this was the best money we could have spent. You will not regret hiring her to guide your big day and we are sure, like us, will be repeatedly uttering the phrase, "Thank God for Lisa."
    Elle H. Married on 04/24/2021

Great experience!

Lisa was great and really thought of the small details that made our day so special. Day of was no stress for us and that was really important to me. She was fantastic in the whole planning part and definitely made me feel at ease several times when I went into mini panic attack mode!
    Jacob Married on 06/28/2020

Present and Precise

Lisa Karcher was everywhere at our wedding, ensuring a positive and seamless experience. Her flexility on the wedding day and ability to get things and people moving was extremely helpful for us.
    Brianna Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing! Highly recommend

Lisa did such a fantastic job at my wedding! I used to cater weddings for years and have seen my fare share of coordinators. Hands down Lisa is the BEST!! My day ran soo incredibly smoothly and I was completely oblivious to any hiccup (there were only a few). My wedding turned out better then what I expected and I owe most of that to Lisa!
    Jennie Married on 11/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Lisa was absolutely amazing in creating our perfect day!

Lisa was amazing from the very beginning of the planning process all the way up to event itself. She is so friendly and easy to talk to. I am super indecisive and she put me at ease on everything. We are 3 hours away from our wedding location. Lisa has such good insight to the area and had the perfect suggestions when it came to choosing vendors. The wedding day itself was beyond anything I could've imagined. The whole day went so smooth and stress free. We were able to be in the moment and enjoy our day. She is the best, can't thank her enough! :)
    Samar Married on 10/12/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Book Lisa you won’t be disappointed

We interviewed about 5 coordinators before hiring Lisa. Everyone told us we needed someone and to be honest I wasn’t that sure going into it how useful one would be, I now stand corrected! We hired Lisa as a “day of” but she started helping us from day 1 of hiring her, with vendor recommendations, ideas about flow, timeline etc. She also helped us with rentals which was a HUGE help. Though Lisa may not have responded immediately in those earlier days of planning she would always get back to my questions and if I needed something quickly a text or call would get responded to ASAP.

As it got closer Lisa stayed on top of those final details and dealt with a lot of my last minute stress. We live out of town so she did things like let me ship things to her, she dropped off sprinkles at the donut shop for me and helped me find alternatives for my dream sweetheart table. She was always honest with me about when she didn’t think something made sense or went with my vision but she wasn’t pushy or not accommodating.

The day before the wedding I had (more) sweetheart table drama and Lisa immediately found me a solution and made me aware of the problem. The day of the rehearsal I did a quick 5 minute walk through of my decor and how I wanted certain things.

The day of the wedding I got to the venue ready for pictures an hour before guests were meant to arrive and everything was PERFECT! It was all set up and she totally got my vision and executed on it.

During the event she was so sweet and helpful. Making sure we always had something to eat or drink, helping me with my dress and veil etc. once the wedding ended she and her team took care of everything and we were able to leave to our after party.

When I went back the next day everything was boxed and put in a corner for me ready to take home,

Lisa really cares about her clients and it shows in the quality of work. We were soo happy with her work and know she fixed so many things that day we had no idea were even an issue because her focus was on making sure we had a great time. If you are looking for a planner or coordinator you won’t regret hiring Lisa.
  • Jenna
    Jenna D. Married on 09/14/2019

Fantastic Wedding Planner!

When I was researching wedding vendors I came across Lisa's information. I had calls with other wedding planners and just wasn't "meshing" with them. They seemed to try to upsell me, tell me about things that I wasn't envisioning, etc. I had a call with Lisa and immediately knew she was my girl :) She was always VERY responsive and helpful and I truly couldn't have done it without her. Her team was so nice and handled last min requests without breaking a sweat. I truly can't recommend her enough!
    Debbie L. Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing wedding planner!

We planned a destination wedding for our daughter in under three months! Both her father and I and the bride and groom lived 2 - 4 hours away. We were extremely happy with all her recommended venders. Lisa was very responsive to us and easy to communicate with. She easily juggled questions from all of us and always had good solutions. Lisa was a pleasure to work with on the rehearsal day, wedding day and during the entire planning process!
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn Married on 06/08/2019

BEST wedding coordinator in Paso Robles

We can’t say enough amazing things about Lisa Karcher and her team at Elegant Affairs. To be honest, when we started I didn’t think I needed a coordinator since I have planned lots events for work previously, but our venue required we have at least a day-of person so we found Lisa. But boy were we wrong and are still gushing about how lost we would have been without her! We got married earlier this month in Paso Robles but were planning the wedding while living in Washington, DC. Being so far away had a number of challenges, but Lisa helped take so much stress out of the process. We hired her for the day-of coordinator but she worked with us throughout our 11 month engagement, especially the last 2 months leading up to the event. When I wasn’t sure where to even begin with rentals, she called and already had been in touch with a company and had a quote for us within a couple days. She helped us develop a timeline that ensured the whole event ran smoothly and she worked with the rest of our vendor team to make sure all kinks were worked out ahead of time. While all of this was so helpful, she went above and beyond to help us avoid disaster when I realized 2 weeks before the wedding we had had a miscommunication with our caterer and we hadn’t secured any desserts. Within 24 hours she had worked everything out with the caterer to make sure we had plenty for all of our guests and they were a huge hit. My husband and I, along with both of our families were more than thrilled with the work Lisa did for our special day. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a coordinator in the area.
  • Grace
    Grace B. Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing service!

My daughter and I hired Lisa due to the fact our venue required a wedding planner. I personally have a lot of experience with party planning and was not sure what value a planner would truly bring to us! I can say I was wrong!
    Lisa came referred to me by my long time hair stylist. Lisa started to prove her value immediately by reviewing contracts and providing recommendations for other vendors.
    Even though Lisa had not done an event at our venue she familiarized herself with the venue and staff immediately. She also provided us with the Theaisle.com wedding planning software which was invaluable in keeping us on track with everything including the guest list and the budget as well as timelines.
    Lisa’s true value was for the weekend of the wedding. She did an awesome job in a relaxed non controlling way for both the rehearsal dinner as well as the preparation for the wedding including set up, monitoring the day of preparation as we got ready, worked seamlessly with the photographers, caters, florist, bartenders and venue managers and anyone else involved.
    She was always behind the scenes with her team making sure everything went according to plan. We did not have even one hiccup for a wedding of 385 people. The best part is that my husband, myself and our daughter and her new husband got to fully be in the moment and did not have to deal with all of the little details that make a wedding day great! We highly recommend Lisa for anyone looking for a wedding or part planner!
    Kambree B. Married on 06/01/2019

Lisa is awesome!

I didn't think that I needed a wedding planner's help, but I was SO wrong. While my fiancé and I did a lot of the planning and decision-making ourselves, Lisa stepped in at all of the right times to help with contracts, timlines, orders and so much more! She is a sweetheart and worked so hard to make our day perfect. Would definitely recommend her and her team!
  • Audrey
    Audrey D. Married on 04/17/2019

Elegance & Excellence

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Lisa from Elegant Affairs on 8/3/19. She organized a BEAUTIFUL (large) wedding on the beach of Cayucos with precision and class. Everything from communication to execution was flawless. The ceremony was personal and sweet and the reception was buzzing with good vibes. I highly recommend Lisa and her team! She can definitely help make your dream wedding a reality!
    Brittany Married on 11/03/2018

Look no further!

All I can say is that I can’t even imagine what my wedding day would have been like without Lisa. She was absolutely wonderful and I didn’t have to worry about a thing on the wedding day. We hired her as our day of coordinator, but she did so much more than just day-of. She responded to emails throughout our entire wedding planning process, she took initiative to get the rental orders going, and was great in organizing a pre-wedding walkthough at the venue to discuss how we wanted everything set up and to create the day of timeline. Lisa brought my wedding visions to life and I couldn’t be happier with how the day turned out. If you are looking for a wedding coordinator, look no further. Lisa is fantastic and I highly recommend her!
  • Alicia
    Alicia Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful Execution

Lisa was an amazing coordinator to work with. She actively listens to your ideas and finds ways to make them come to fruition. She provided great suggestions (due to her experience) when we needed some additional assistance on our vision. She was really understanding if we felt a vendor was not suited for our needs and immediately found an alternative for us. She was well organized and kept us on top of all our to-do items through the entire process. The day of the event she was CLUTCH! Everything went smoothly and it was a beautiful day for us. We could not have asked for anything better ...Thank you Lisa!
    Mikey Married on 09/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Hiring Lisa as our day-of coordinator was easily the best decision we made in planning our wedding. You may think you don’t need one, but it makes things soooo much easier and smoother. She really starts out months in advance by helping answer any questions that come up and keeping everything on track. We met up and walked her through what we were envisioning and then she really made it happen. On the day of your wedding there are about a million tiny decisions to make and things to take care of, but Lisa handles all of it. We checked on her a few times as we were getting ready and she was just super on top of everything! I don’t know how all of it would have gotten done without her. She also made some beautiful signs and provided some decorations as well that really tied everything together.

Most importantly for us, she made us feel at ease and rest assured during the day so we could enjoy time with our friends and family. She also made sure we ate dinner and ordered/picked up our Taco Bell delivery at the end of the night : )
    Brandy Married on 09/15/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lisa was AMAZING! She made our day flow beautifully and we couldn't have done it without her. Maybe we could, but who would want to? She had everything ready to go the moment we needed it and I didn't have to worry about a thing! Even the couple of things I did check in on she was already on top of and I should have known that; of course she was! She was professional, kind, and so easy to work with. As a bride, I wasn't bothered with any questions and she made my vision come true! She made my wedding day the most wonderful occasion and everything turned out better than I could have ever imagined thanks to her! I cannot recommend her more highly, and my husband and I agree she was a must-have. Thank you Lisa!
    Kati Married on 07/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Best decision we made was hiring Lisa as our day of coordinator! She thought of every little detail and kept the day running smoothly. Even when little hiccups happened throughout the day she was very flexible and made everything work! Our caterer even complimented her and said that she was the best in her business that he had ever worked with. She puts her focus on the bride and groom and makes sure their vision comes true and that they are having the best day ever!
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message