22 Reviews for EJP Events

Cultural (1)
Non-Religious (1)
Religious (1)
21 EJP Events Reviews

I spoke to 2 vendors before finding EJP Events. I spoke to Emee over the phone initially and then in person and decided on "day-of" service. She is by far, the most professional and responsive vendor I had throughout the whole process. EJP also provided a web-platform to upload documents like contracts and receipts and correspond (similar to email/ social media posting). EJP also provided a dated check-list that helped me stay independent with my planning and when I did have a question or concern-- Emee was right there, same-day, with an answer or advice. Our wedding day was flawless, and I mean FLAWLESS! I did exactly what EJP recommended last two weeks-- any vendor or "drama" that came to me, I forwarded to EJP via phone/ text/ email, and the concern was handled by EJP. The day of the wedding I was 100% stress free, I actually spent most of the day relaxing. We left the next morning for our honeymoon and she continued to close-out the event without a hitch. I would go as far as paying for EJP services as a gift for someone if given the chance, it made that big of a difference.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/13/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Emee at EJP Events made our wedding planning process fun and easy. She has extensive experience with vendors, scheduling, narrowing down options, traditions, setup, even wrangling the wedding party! I never felt lost or confused along the way with her guidance and communication. She and Katherine orchestrated our wedding day like an elegant ballet so that magically all we had to do was show up and enjoy ourselves. I would definitely recommend EJP Events for wedding coordination.

Profile Picture Cassie, 4/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I would absolutely recommend this company. Emee and her able assistant Katherine were so helpful , so awesome, so calm. My daughter and I and her father had such fun planning the wedding along with our wonderful son in law no small part due to having Emee and her team. The first time I met with Emee, we said, absolutely can't do this without her. At all times, she was positive, reassuring and helpful with her recommending vendors, suggesting ideas that worked, to providing the tea lights we forgot for the candles at the church. At the reception, to know we could enjoy the music and the whole event without worrying about the favors, the voodoo donuts, the who and what and when . And at the end of the evening, to walk out of the venue with everything packed and ready to go in our car. What a gift! We enthusiastically recommend EJP

Profile Picture Dru, 12/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Thank you so much for being my right arm in the planning of my daughter's wedding. Your presence made it possible for me to forget about the details and enjoy the day.

Profile Picture User7719718, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Very helpful and made the event go smoothly. Excellent job!

Profile Picture Allison, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

EJP is a fantastic company that did wonders for our wedding. We made the decision to hire a coordinator pretty late in the planning process - about a month before the wedding date - and in that short time, EJP seemingly did a million things to make everything run smoothly and let us just enjoy the wedding.

Among the many services EJP provided were:
-Created a master plan document with detailed timelines, vendor contact information, and instructions
-Coordinated with all of our other vendors and smoothed out any issues
-Dealt with a misinformed audio vendor who thought we had hired them (could've been stressful, but Katherine took care of the whole thing)
-Worked with the venue to make ensure proper set-up of chairs, tables, etc.
-Brought us a snack before the ceremony
-Led the rehearsal
-Provided general advise and showed amazing patience as we asked ten thousand questions about various wedding minutiae.

The people at EJP know the wedding industry backwards and forwards. For example, when my wife had a dress emergency just days before the wedding, they knew the perfect seamstress who could come to the rescue. Whatever bumps in the road your wedding plans might hit, EJP will be there to fix them.

Profile Picture S, 8/14/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Emee and her team are amazing! They are professional, responsive, creative, and wedding life savers! The first thing on the wedding list was to find a coordinator and Emee was the first choice out of 4 interviews and countless reviews of other coordinators. She had a very calm and collected demeanor while also being enthusiastic and provided a lot of ideas that fit within our budget. Emee also acted as a mediator between the differing ideas my husband and I had, in a very compassionate way. We really wanted a coordinator that would take care of the craziness that can happen behind the scenes so that my husband and I, as well as our family members, wouldn't have to worry about it. Intuitively, I knew there were things that Emee was probably saving from fires that I didn't have to deal with, and that was a God send. She even moved twinkle lights from another area to cover a window and it became a very cute back drop. It was obvious that she has a lot of experiences with planning events and is able to think outside of the box and be quick in action. She really worked with our budget and helped to create something that was unique to us. A lot of the vendors we used were through her suggestions and those turned out fantastic as well. We are overwhelmed with joy at how amazing our wedding turned out and reflected us as a couple, and Emee and her team were key components to making that possible.

Profile Picture Christina, 7/23/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Cultural, Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Guest List, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I was asked to help coordinate a wedding and reception just a mere 2 months before the actual wedding date. As I live in Southern California and the wedding was in Oregon, I searched Yelp and came across EJP Events that seemed to have some outstanding ratings. I soon found out that these ratings were well deserved. I contacted EJP and Emee got back to me within a day or so. She quickly put my mind at ease by letting me know that she could handle the wedding within the allotted time and quickly set out to find out what exactly I was looking for. I gave her a brief rundown on my thoughts for the event and she took over from there. With just a couple of e-mails and a phone call or two, we showed up in Oregon on the wedding date and everything was EXACTLY as we wanted it. Although we already had the venue for the wedding, Emee put together a fabulous caterer that served excellent food, a baker that created a best cake I have ever seen, along with cookies, cakepops and cupcakes for a sweets table, delivered a photo booth that was a real hit, brought in one of the best string quartets I've ever heard, arranged for flowers, hired a DJ, set up limousine transportation, handled all the table decorations according to our colors.... the amount of "stuff" she did to make this day fabulous is endless. I could not be more impressed with the work that EJP and Emee did for us....even if we'd given her a year's notice I could not have asked for more. Thank you, Emee, for making this one of the nicest weddings I have ever been to (and I heard this same sentiment from the wedding party and the guests at the event). You rocked this one and I could not be more thankful for your time and effort to make this day wonderful!!!

Profile Picture Kim, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I decided to hire Emee 7 months before my wedding date after meeting with 2 other wedding coordinators in Portland, OR. With a shorter runway than most and the added complexity of planning my wedding from Boston, MA, I knew I needed someone who was reliable, responsive, and considerate of my ideas. After meeting with her, I knew she embodied all 3! Additionally, Emee had great packages and several a la carte options to fit any kind of budget. I chose the month of service given my budget and I found that package to be super beneficial. Where Emee and her team shined was honestly the week and day of the wedding. While I made most of the decisions with back and forth consultations by phone and email, vendor selection with her provided recommendations, what I couldn't have done without was the extensive knowledge and experience that Emee brought to the table. She made sure we didn't forget a thing! And trust me--there IS something you didn't think of! I highly recommend Emee for your wedding planning needs!

Profile Picture Diana, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Emee and her team were amazing to work with for our wedding planning! She was prompt in returning emails and phone calls, had great ideas for venues, vendors, and design, and was very organized. The day of the wedding went extremely smoothly thanks to her team! I had a couple frustrations along the way with things not going as I had hoped (venue availability, weather, etc), and Emee was always ready with a plan B and plan C, and was very positive and reassuring. I would absolutely recommend EJP events to anyone planning a wedding!

Profile Picture User5575764, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Emee and her team were incredible, silent assassins at their finest. I opted for the "day of" service since I really just needed help at the end, paying vendors, set up and the overall orchestration of the day. Emee was able to wrangle our family using stern, but likeable demeanor. I can't imagine how stressful the day would have been without their help. My husband and I were married at The Hotel DeLuxe on 9/5/15. We returned home from our 1-year anniversary trip to find a card from EJP, congratulating us on our first year of marriage. Class act all the way around, hire them.

Profile Picture Shelly, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Emee and EJP Events are a must if you want a wedding that is as imaginative and fun as every last pin on your Pinterest board. I was planning an out of town ceremony/reception with lots of quirky details and Emee and her team are absolutely the reason my mom and I were able to pull everything off. From the funfetti wedding cakes to the shotski guest book to the fact that gold glitter was one of the wedding colors, Emee was there to make every wish a reality (while staying within budget).

I really appreciated Emee's attention to detail, calming approach and thoroughness. We absolutely could not have pulled this wedding off without her. When I dreamt of my wedding day I truly could not have pictured everything coming together as beautifully as it did, and it was all because of Emee's careful and flexible orchestration of the planning and execution process.

Profile Picture Kat, 6/28/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Emee and her team were great to work with. They helped us out with day-of coordination when I contacted them about a month before our wedding. On the day of, they made sure everything ran smooth, and offered priceless suggestions about decor and the flow of the event, because I really had no idea what I was doing. I can't even picture what the day would have been without them. I might be lucky, as I don't know if this is a normal part of their services, but Katherine had experience with flower arrangement, and she and Marisol busted out the most amazing bouquets with flowers we had bought at the farmer's market that morning. I am sure every bride will understand how amazing that was!! Thanks, guys!

Profile Picture User4116283, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I interviewed and hired Emee at EJP Events approximately 8 weeks before my wedding. I was interested in a small simple wedding of app. 30 people. Emee and her team provided excellent support before the wedding by supplying vendor options for me to interview and hire, excellent communications throughout reminding me of deadlines, payments and overall progress on our very tight timeframe. On the day of the wedding, Emee was one of the first people to arrive and I knew that I would not have to concern myself with any of the details of the day. Her calm demeanor and smiling face added to the joy of my special day. I highly recommend her services.

Profile Picture Marci, 11/23/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We had a pre-planning session with Emee and she gave us all the right vendors, ideas and concepts we needed for a Portland wedding. She is in the "know" and is a great resource for whatever day you're trying to plan for.

Profile Picture Dani, 10/2/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Emee was a dream! We have a "divided" family on the groom's side and she navigated those trecherous waters with grace. She added so much to the wedding - bring out things we hadn't thought of, keeping everyone on track and guiding us through the day of the wedding. She met with us at our convenience, helped everyone to relax and was so professional. Couldn't have done it without her. She was wonderful!

Profile Picture Christopher, 8/20/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We were so satisfied with ejp events. they really went above and beyond for us. we had several bridal party members who had left photo id at the hotel and couldn’t order drinks and Lauren went back to the hotel to get them. They really helped the day go so smoothly and perfectly! I had many comments from guests who noticed how amazing and helpful they were.

Profile Picture Tova, 3/20/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I am so glad I chose EJP Events to plan my wedding! I decided to hire EJP Events six weeks before the wedding and even with this short notice they were able to pull it off. They are professional and really know what they are doing, I would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding. My planner Emee was dedicated and dependable and sincerely cared about the final results. Through all the craziness of planning a wedding she was able to keep my mind at ease as she had everything taken care of! When the final day arrived my husband and I were able to enjoy the day and didn't have to worry about anything, making it a more than memorable experience! Our family and friends are still talking about how awesome our wedding was, one of the best they have been to ; ) Thanks EJP!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/15/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My advice to anyone who wants to enjoy their wedding day....HIRE A WEDDING COORDINATOR. If you want the best, hire EJP Events.

I am a project manager who is detail oriented and all to familiar with how to coordinate events, so I wanted to plan most of the wedding myself. However, I did not want ANY responsibilities the day of my wedding...I just wanted to have a good time. So, I hired Emee for "day of" coordination services, which means she starts planning with you 2 months ahead of the wedding and then swoops in to pull it all together on the actual wedding day.

Emee was very calm, organized and professional from the get go, which is why we hired her. She knows the business like the back of her hand and brought up details that I never even thought of. On the wedding day, everything ran smoothly, Emee was calm and collected as always, and we had an incredible event. All I had to do was enjoy this special day with friends and family. EJP handled the rest.

Profile Picture Erin, 6/27/09, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Emee was fantastic! She really got the ball rolling, wasn't ever pushy when it came time to do things before or during the wedding. She participated in EVERYTHING talked with all our vendors, asked just about every question she could, set things up, very punctual and professional. A few of my friends have hired her as well and every wedding she's involved in is equisite! HIRE HER!!!

Profile Picture teila, 5/30/08, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Emee is highly recommended - not only does she have a wealth of experience, but she has incredible taste. Additionally, she is willing and open to working with either traditional or alternative weddings. I did a lot of things myself, and although she offered sage advice (do you really want to spend that much time making your own invitations?), she was also supportive when I chose to do my own thing.

Profile Picture Laura, 11/18/06, 2 Reviews