DoubleTree Hotel Virginia Beach Reviews

5 Reviews for DoubleTree Hotel Virginia Beach

• Jaime

Jaime Q. · Married on 08/10/2019

Very accomodating!

We had a smallish wedding at this venue--50 to 55 people with two different rooms. We used one for the ceremony and one for the reception. There is no way that you could get the quality of services at such an affordable price anywhere else. Jackie, the coordinator and Mark made our day very special. Jackie worked with us every step of the way--even scheduling two menu tastings to ensure we got exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend this venue to others.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Monisha · Married on 04/02/2017

I will always recommend this hotel they were absolutely amazing to me new husband and my family and friends they exceeded my expectations and went above beyond to make my stay and my wedding day very special they took care of every small detail I felt appreciated for my business and I was treated like I was VIP I will forever recommend this hotel!!!!!!!

Sent on 04/04/2017
  • BetterThisTime

Anna · Married on 12/17/2016

3.5

First I have to give praises to the caterer. One of the best things about booking with the DoubleTree is they give you a suggested menu, but you can customize it as desired. We ended up giving them 3 Portuguese recipes (that the chief never prepared before) and he nailed it! Everyone LOVED the food, and it was so special to include Portuguese touches.

They also provided a lot for us. They can provide table numbers if you like, and parts of the centerpieces. And they are just very willing to work with you.
    That's probably my favorite thing about the DoubleTree. They are just so flexible and willing to accommodate you as best they can.
    "We can do that for you," is the response I always received.
    Jackie was wonderful. She is the contact person and is just super sweet.
    For the most part, it wasn't difficult to get a response, but every once in a while I did have to send a reminder email, however she would respond immediately when I sent those.
    I was happy with the presidential suite (which is a complimentary upgrade if the room is available).
    It was very spacious and perfect for a getting ready area.
    I can't say enough good things. Thank you for making everything easy!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Bethany · Married on 04/07/2018

3.0

Good experience

Great hotel for a wedding. Overall good experience.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Katherine · Married on 01/12/2013

3.5

As a caterer the DoubleTree was amazing. The food was wonderful and everyone at my wedding enjoyed it. They even made two vegetarian dishes at the last minute for two of my guests.

As a venue, they were both great and average. The staff the day of was really on point, and took care of everything I discussed with them. They even reset thing that we had put on the tables when they altered the linens, and lit the candles on the tables without me asking.

Thee average part of it was that sometimes it was hard to get in contact with the person I was to deal with, and in my time working with them I had to deal with three separate people as they kept leaving the job. Also, the building/rooms are not spectacular. Their presidential suite doesn't even have a whirlpool tub.

Sent on 01/16/2013