Double Decker Bus Company Reviews

19 Reviews for Double Decker Bus Company

1 User photo

Double Decker Bus Company 1

Katie · Married on 04/25/2018

This is a truly unique and fun way to celebrate on your wedding day. We loved our tour on the strip and tourist spots with Elvis as our host!! This was the fun event that all our guest loved after the ceremony and before the meal. Mike was a pleasure to work with and he made sure everything went smoothly.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Megan · Married on 04/14/2018

Excellent time driving down the Strip with the wedding guests and the bride and groom on the upper deck. We had booked the Double Decker to drive a wedding party down the Strip to a reception. It was wonderful. On time. Clean. Shout out to Rocco who kept our guests with adult beverages at all times. A big thank you to Mike, who drove the bus, and even came in on his day off so we could get the beverages on the bus. It was perfect! Thank you!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Courtney · Married on 05/13/2017

Our guests thoroughly enjoyed our bus ride along the strip. Mike (driver) and Rocco (beer slinger and vegas history buff) took amazing care of our friends and family. They picked us up after our rehearsal dinner at the Cosmopolitan, and we drove to the SLS to pick up more friends and family. Joining us was Roland August, a fabulous Elvis impersonator. He sang all of the hits, and had our group singing along. He had several female family members swooning for Elvis!

Working with them was extremely convenient – we dropped off beer and wine a few days before the event, and they took care of putting them on ice and distributing them to our guests on the ride. Communication and arranging logistics with Mike was always prompt and thoughtful.

The whole evening was a hoot. We had a wide range of ages, and everyone had an outstanding time. Thank you Mike for putting together a night that was a highlight of our wedding weekend!

Sent on 06/10/2017

LUZ · Married on 05/17/2013

This was sooo much fun! We did this as a meet and greet the night before our wedding. It really broke the ice. We had ages ranging from 6 to 83 and everyone had a blast going up and down the strip mingling laughing even waving thier hands in the air! We had music from an Ipod and drinks. This made it even more fun. We went over to the welcome sign and took pictures. Priceless! We all had "team bride" and "team groom shirts" which made the whole thing even cuter. Everyone had a great time. The driver and guide were very friendly and funny. Very affordable and fun way to see the sights.

Sent on 06/02/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/28/2013

The Double Decker Bus was such a great experience! I originally booked the bus for two hours from 9 pm to 11 pm, after dinner at Firefly and made sure to include a stop at the Las Vegas Welcome Sign so our guests would be able to take some photos. Our driver, Doris, was really great - so personable and considerate especially of me and my gown and making sure I got up and down the stairs and that I didn't get the skirt snagged on anything and was totally flexible when we wanted to change our stops a little. The guide for my bus was actually an Elvis impersonator, which was a total surprise as I hadn't booked one. Technically he wasn't supposed to sing, but he did sing a couple of songs for tips and he was actually fantastic!! I wish I'd gotten his name! It was a great little bonus and I think really added something special to the tour. Many of our guests commented to me after how great they thought he was. I would highly recommend adding an impersonator to your tour if you have the budget.

Sent on 04/25/2013
  • Mrs. DeJesus

Karen · Married on 10/12/2012

Our guest had a blast on the double decker bus, we got some amazing pictures because we had our photographer Joey Allen with us during our 3 hour ride. Took a strip tour, and went down to freemont to see the light show! Super affordable and lots of fun! Got pictures taken at the las vegas sign too!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Allysa · Married on 09/14/2012

This was the best part of our wedding. We had the bus for 3 hours, and if I could have afforded it I would have had it for 4. It was a great time, Greg was the one on the bus with us and he was Johnny on it getting us drinks. They were super accommodating to us and went with the craziness of our party. The driver was awesome, it was safe and seriously a blast! I love that you can take your own iPod and play your own music. My wedding guests are STILL talking about how fun it was!!!

Sent on 10/02/2012

L · Married on 05/10/2012

Our reception ended at 10:00pm, which for Las Vegas is quite early. I was trying to decide what we could do with 45 people... After seeing tours of Vegas on double decker busses, i decided to google them to rent and BAM: Double Decker Bus Company! All of our guest thought it was so cool. Even my brother who never has an opinion on anything told me this was a great idea. We had them pick us up outside the hotel at 10:30 and drop us off by 12:30. The driver got us to the freemont street light show at 11:00 too, then proceeded to drive us up the strip to see all the lights and casinos. They allow you to drink on the bus, so the party got to keep going after the reception!!! HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Sent on 05/13/2012

Amy · Married on 01/21/2012

We had a blast elvis(steve conolly) was so much fun!!! We will never forget that part of our wedding. Michael was easy to work with...and it turned out great!!!

Sent on 02/06/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2011

We got so many compliments on the guided tour. Everyone enjoyed the bus and got great photos. It was nice to see everyone before the wedding and have some fun. Light Show at Fremont was playing when we went past so the driver stopped for a few minutes and let us watch. Well worth the money!!

Sent on 06/18/2011

Marie · Married on 01/24/2015

I booked the bus for 2 hours to pick us up at Aria and take us to the sign for photos and then cruise the strip until it was time to drop us off at Cosmo for dinner. I didn't read the email properly where it said that drinks needed to be dropped off by 5 pm the day before. Mike was gracious enough to work with us and came a few minutes early to load the drinks we had to keep in a cooler. The only issue was, for our favors I made hangover kits in take out containers and tied mini bottles of vodka to the handle and mike wasn't going to let anyone with the bottles on the bus, but eventually let everyone put their favors or bottle in a box so we started about 15 minutes late after all the confusion. (I knew we couldn't drink hard liquor on the bus, but I wasn't aware that it couldn't be there all together.)

Mike was nice and professional and just went with it. We had to make a last minute bathroom break for some of the guests and it wasn't even an issue. For the size of the bus (can hold like 70 people) the price was great and everyone loved playing tourist (we're locals so that doesn't happen often). The bus is definitely an old school open top double decker from England it is shows it's age, but I thought it was awesome and vintage! Overall it was fun and we got some amazing pictures and he dropped us off just in time for dinner.

Sent on 01/27/2015

Amber · Married on 11/17/2017

Quick to respond, answered any questions we had. Were prompt on arrival to venue location. We booked the bus to transport guests from the Flamingo to the Golden Nugget. Mike and Rocco were courteous, professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. Took us to the Vegas sign so we could get a group photo. Let us plug in our phone to play our own "Vegas" playlist. Besides my wedding, the bus was the absolute highlight of our wedding day. 100% recommend! Thanks DDB!

Sent on 07/18/2018
    Double Decker Bus Company 2

Laura · Married on 10/10/2012

This was one of my favorite things we did. At first, my guests didn’t really understand what we were doing and I think a lot of them were considering not going. We had dropped off beer, water, and wine the day before. The bus was on time and had everything iced down. I was under the impression that they were providing cups, but they didn’t have any, so we stopped at the store and got some. Not a huge deal, and it was something I should have confirmed with them the day before. Anyway, we started off at the Flamingo and went the back way to the Las Vegas sign. For a Friday night, there was hardly anyone there. Everyone on the bus that wanted to was able to get their picture in front of the sign. We then went up the strip from Mandalay Bay all the way past the Stratosphere and into down town. We parked right off Fremont street and got to see the Fremont St Experience. We hung out there for about 45 mins. Everyone had a blast. We rode all the way back up the strip and got off. The driver even let the boys run the cooler upstairs to unload the leftover alcohol, even though our time was up. Overall, all of our guests really enjoyed the bus and had great time.

Sent on 12/18/2012

Tia · Married on 03/03/2012

Double Decker Bus Company was great! We reserved one of their buses for our wedding transportation for all 57 our our guests. Everything went exactly how we had asked and they even allowed us to make an unscheduled stop for a restroom break and more drinks (since we ran out way fast than expected).

Sent on 03/10/2012

Maria · Married on 09/09/2011

We booked a double decker bus to transport about 40 of our wedding guests and ourselves from the church to our reception venue via a 2 hour ride up the Strip. Judy was quick to respond to phone calls and emails and listened to our ideas about the route and helped plan everything out. We were able to stop by the Las Vegas sign and the Bellagio conservatory for photos and made it to the reception site on time. Everyone had fun on the trip; we were able to drop off beverages the week before and they had them in the cooler ready for our passengers. For once, I felt like a tourist in the town I have lived for several years, and it was so much fun!

Sent on 12/14/2011

Kim · Married on 04/19/2012

We found the Double Decker Bus Company because we were trying to figure out how to transport all of our guests from our ceremony at Mandalay Bay to Battista's Hole in the Wall for dinner and back. We ended up getting so much more than we were originally looking for - the double decker bus was the highlight of everyone's night! They mentioned when we made our reservation that they had coolers available, and if we would drop off our drinks the day before with a couple bucks for ice, they would have everything chilled and waiting for us on the bus when they picked us up. Their lot wasn't too close to the strip and was a little tricky to find, so you'll definitely need a rental car or cab to drop stuff off in advance. We stopped at the Las Vegas sign for pictures on the way to the restaurant and took a tour of the strip on the way back. They even got us to Freemont Street just as the light show was starting, so we were all able to get off the bus for a few minutes to watch the show. The double decker bus made it possible for our wedding guests, many who were in Vegas for the first time, to see the whole strip at night plus all the fun of Freemont St.

Sent on 04/05/2013
  • Anastasia

Anastasia · Married on 05/28/2011

3.0

We rented the DD bus to take us and our 60+ guests from our ceremony at Caesars to our reception at Maggiano's. The DD bus was so much fun! It was very windy on top but we still loved it and I think most of our guests did too. Most of our guests purchased drinks in one of the Caesars palace bars/lounges while we were taking photos in the chapel, and enjoyed them on the bus. It took half an hour to go from CP to Maggiano’s because traffic was so bad, so I’m glad we didn’t plan a strip tour or anything, just pick up and drop off. A couple guests that missed the bus from CP and walked to Maggiano’s actually beat us there! We really should have rented the DD bus for a return trip from Maggiano’s to our hotel though, but we had no idea the taxi line at the Wynn would be as long as it was that night and it was probably faster for guests to walk if they could. It was expensive (minimum 2 hour rental even though we only need it for 40 min) but worth it. The DD bus was on time, clean, comfortable (at least up top) and so much fun! I would definitely recommend it to anyone needing to transport a large group on the strip!

Sent on 06/14/2011

We used the double decker bus tour as a "welcoming" event for our wedding guests. When booking there was some confusion about the maximum capacity, but we were able to sort that out. Our guests had a great time and the driver was very accommodating of our rowdy bunch. It was a fun way for all of our guests to get to tour the strip and not have to walk it.

Sent on 10/14/2015
  • Eric

Eric · Married on 04/04/2015

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

When they first picked us up, mike was very nice and accommodating.

We noticed right away it wasn't the bus pictured, but it was quaint and clean, so we went with it. Plus we didn't have much choice. He drove safely and we didn't feel bad.

I was the photographer, and I got up to take a few photos of our wedding guests. She was so rude! She started yelling at me to put my butt in the seat, and if we violate the contract she's going to toss us out! It was a complete over reaction.

Being a professional myself, I nodded and sat down. Later, she would find ways to yell at us and make us feel uncomfortable if we mutter as much as a peep. She was dressed in sweatpants with holes in it and a dirty oversized sweatshirt.

Mike was really fantastic, but there was no truth in advertising. That girl was atrocious and the bride was nearly in tears after seeing her day ruined by an angry lady at the front yelling at all of her dearest friends and family.

Sent on 04/07/2015