30 Reviews for Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist

Fake Lashes (5)
Consultations (3)
Airbrush Makeup (2)
Textured Styling (1)

Doranna and her team were fantastic from the very beginning. The booking process was easy and any questions that I had were replied to quickly.

On the day itself Doranna made me feel very welcome. My bridal hair and make up, bridesmaids hair and make up and mother of the Groom hair and make up was was outstanding. Everyone commented on how beautiful we all looked. Highly recommended to anyone thinking of booking Doranna. Thank you once again!

Profile Picture Vicki, 5/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Words can't describe how happy we were with Doranna and her staff. They are so professional, talented and take a personal interest in making sure that you are completely happy. Plus they are so a lot of fun. So positive and supportive. We all felt so special during Hair and Make up on my Daughters wedding day. They are amazing.

Profile Picture Debra, 5/10/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

I got married in Playa del Carmen on March 16th, 2018. My hotel did not allow outside vendors in so I had to find a local hair salon to make me look beautiful on my wedding day. I was so worried being that I was traveling from New Jersey for my destination wedding and had to base my decision solely on photos. Im so HAPPYI booked with Doranna and her team. My girls (12 of us total) and I looked SPECTACULAR on my wedding day. She was so accommodating and knew immediately the look and feel that I was going for. She kept to her schedule, made us look great, and had plenty of laughs together that helped ease my wedding jitters. I would recommend her to ANYONE that is looking for a fantastic hair stylist, especially if you are traveling from far away and worry too much like me! Book with her! You'll be in great hands!

Doranna, I cant thank you enough! xoxoxoxo!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Doranna was the hair stylist for my bridesmaids and the mother of the bride and groom for my wedding day in Playa del Carmen, on 31st January 2018. Doranna and her team were a dream to work with. Incredibly professional, attentive and responsive. I felt totally relaxed and confident that Doranna would provide the best possible service, and she did! Everyone was delighted with their hair and she was also a lovely person to have in the room while we were all getting ready for the wedding. I highly recommend Doranna and her team. Thank you Doranna!

Profile Picture Rhian, 1/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I have no words to talk about Doranna, all I could have ever asked for and more! I was so worried about my wedding look, it was so important to me to feel perfect and she made it possible. All the experience with her was great! Since the first time I asked for information, her team was amazing detailing on all my answers. Always available to talk and to get everything as I asked. She was so focused on the details, and she captured perfectly the idea I had in mind. She made recommendations, which now I am trilled to have listed to. She is an expert at weddings, and all the details she recommended were the perfect final touch. My friends (a large group) also asked for makeup and hair, it's always so hard to make everyone happy and she did!! (Her and her amazing team) All of them were so happy! I received tons of good comments. And on the wedding day she made me feel so relaxed, calmed and happy. She guard all the details even for the photo session. My hair and make up were intact all thought the party, we even ended dancing in the rain! And I still looked amazing! I could not have made a better decision and could no recommend her more! Thanks Doranna you were such an important part on making this the best day of my life!

Photos
Profile Picture Daniela, 1/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

We were 5 to get are hair and makeup done for my wedding in Playa Del Carmen. I found Doranna surfing the web and Facebook!! VERY happy with my choice! She is carring, has alot of experience and executes exactly what we ask! Loved her and her makeup artist! I would choose her again without a doubt!!! Thank you again!

Photo for Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist Review - Mother daughter
Photo for Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist Review - Bridesmaids
Photo for Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist Review - Mother,Daughter, Granddaughter
Photo for Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist Review
Photo for Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist Review - Flower Girl hair!
Profile Picture Tara, 1/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Doranna did my hair and makeup for my beach wedding at rosewood Mayakoba. They are not kidding about the humidity, and there's no way I would have been able to do it myself. She did an amazing hairstyle that still showed off my long hair but kept it out of my face despite all of the wind. My curls lasted 2 days! She showed up early is very prepared. Even did a last minute flower girl hair styling with the crown.
Her partner, cris, did my makeup. I was more nervous having someone new do my makeup, but she did it exactly how I like. Highly recommend doranna!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/11/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Hair, Makeup

Doranna and her crew were amazing! She went above and beyond my expectations. The day of my wedding I felt the prettiest I have ever felt, my husband even geared up seeing me walk down the isle! He kissed me and kept repeating how beautiful I looked! Thank you Dorrana, you are the best!!

Profile Picture Patricia , 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had a wonderful experience with Doranna. The work she does is truly a work of art. My hair was gorgeous and my makeup stayed the entire night. I was very pleased

Profile Picture Leticia, 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I used Doranna for my hair and makeup for my wedding and she is absolutely AMAZING!!! I was so worried about booking a hair stylist that I had never met, but she made me feel at ease right away!! Her work speaks for itself and she loves what she does. She was very efficient and organized, listened to what I wanted, and gave great suggestions to make everything look even better! My hair and make up came out absolutely gorgeous and I received so many compliments!! I would recommend her to anyone who wants to look fabulous on their wedding day!

Profile Picture Christina, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

I loved working with Doranna before my wedding day for a trial and the day of the wedding as well! She was so easy to work with and has a talent to know what works and what does not. I sent her pictures with what I had in mind and she outdid even that! I was exactly what I wanted to be on my wedding day because of her. Also my hair and makeup did not fall out or come off even the slightest and it was a hot, humid day. My bridesmaids' and mother in law's makeup and hair was beautiful as well and was all very well done and stayed in place. I could not have been happier!

Doranna is very talented and easy to work with. She makes getting hair and makeup done enjoyable and she is also very quick! I had a great experience with her and would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture Nida, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

Doranna was amazing from start to finish! I was really nervous about trying to find someone in a different country to do my hair and makeup for my destination ceremony. After researching and reading a LOT of reviews I decided to book hair and makeup with Doranna. She was very prompt in responding to my emails and communicated well. She asked for pictures of what I wanted my hair and makeup to look like so that she could have it on file. I could not find a picture of exactly what I had envisioned so on the ceremony day we pulled up the pictures I had sent and she listened to how I wanted to look. We did not do a trial run so I was a little nervous about how it would turn out. It turned out that I had nothing to worry about because Doranna did an amazing job! My hair and makeup turned out exactly how I imagined it!
Not only does she have great skill, but she is also very warm and personable. I am so happy I found her to do my hair and makeup for my special day. I highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Doranna was recommended by my Weddingplanner for our symbolic ceremony in Riviera Maya. It was the first time for me that I had professional make up, and of course I was very excited. Doranna did both, my hair and make-up. Although we had plenty of time, she came even half an hour earlier to discuss the styles.

As I was a bit nervous, she gave me immediately confidence through her warm and open-minded personality - it was a super relayed atmosphere. While doing make-up and hair we had a really nice conversation and after a short while it felt like I was taking with a good friend of mine.

She created for me the styles I liked but also followed her own inspiration, which I found really professional. The colour for my lips, cute pink, I would have never chosen, but she did for me and it looked awesome. The whole look was amazing - I have never been that beautiful and still I am looking at the photos and can't believe how pretty I can be.

It might not surprise you that I highly recommend her! It is not only her professional work I admired, but also the attention to me as a women, bride and customer before and after (!) this big day. Also her assistant, Crystal, did an incredible job, answered all questions I had and helped me with everything I came up with.

Thumbs up!! Don't look further, you won't find a better stylist than Doranna!

Profile Picture Margarita, 2/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

This was one of the biggest decisions for me, whether to just book at the resort or to find an alternative vendor.
I had 6 ladies plus my mother and my self. So it was all on me to make the decision for everyone, and I am so thankful I did.
I did my research, read reviews and looked around, I contacted a few other artists other than Doranna.
But it was the constant reassurance that she would be able to make my BIG DAY perfect.
Crystal was awesome answering all my emails with no delay (ever). Any questions I had they were always on the ball.
Doranna even emailed and contacted me a few times throughout the process to make sure I had no doubt.

On the BIG DAY Doranna and her team came to the resort and made all my wishes and dreams come true.
All of my ladies looked absolutely stunning as well as my mother and myself. I felt so beautiful that day, My makeup was exactly what I asked for and my hair was incredible. I will cherish those moments for all of my days. It was a truly amazing experience working with you and your team. Thank you again and let's hope we can do it again in another 5 years. :D xoxxo Mrs. Carly Hart

Profile Picture Carly, 1/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

This January I travelled to Mexico for my best friend’s wedding. I was her maid of honour. Carly is a beautiful individual who always seeks to have a unique experience. Doranna your service and presence on Carly and Scott’s day exceeded all my expectations. I loved meeting you, your bright, kind and sweet personality made working with you an absolute pleasure! Your creative talent and abilities meant that all the ladies in the bridal party looked and felt our best. We are a fun group of ladies who have very different styles and preferences. You were able to capture each of our style preferences to help us feel beautiful on this day. I look back on this experience with heartfelt joy. Thank you for a WONDERFUL experience!

FUTURE BRIDES: If you are considering Doranna for your very special day, know that if you choose Doranna she will bring your vision for this very special day to life, her skills and abilities are amazing. She will exceed your expectations. Doranna will not disappoint!

Profile Picture J, 1/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

We got married at the moon palace in cancun. Some of you know the resort hair/makeup is overpriced and sub-par at best. When planning our wedding from Calgary Alberta Canada my hair and makeup wasn't something I wanted to put into jeporday. I did contact a few vendors until I found Doranna and her team. Her prices are awesome and they are amazing! I sent ideas of what I wanted, and its exactly what I got, even better! The communication was unbelievable. They always were in contact with me and if I had any questions they were available all the time. I cant praise Doranna enough and would recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing artist, perfection, compassion and the BEST you will find in mexico. She truly made me look romantic and elegant, my husband balled seeing me for the first time! Thank you so very much for making my dreams come true.
-Kristin Miles

Profile Picture Kristin, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Dress & Attire, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

If I could put Dorana in my suitcase and bring her back to NY, I would have! She is an artist to say the least. I got married on December 03, 2016 at Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa and I hired her services to do my hair and to make me look fabulous. She exceeded my expectations! I wanted to look regal, mature and sexy at the same time and she definitely pulled that off. My hair also stayed put for the entire ceremony and reception, which were both outdoors. I brought down hair extensions to give my hair more volume and Dorana was able to use them and was actually happy to see the extensions. She works fast and does a very neat, smooth (no flyways) job. Dorana also styled my mom's hair, which looked beautiful. My mom was very pleased with the finished product. Dorana's team worked well with my bridesmaids. My bridesmaids were all excited to get their hair done. They loved it from beginning to end.

My hair trial was the day before the wedding. I was a little nervous that doing this the day before the wedding, we may not find a style i loved. I was wrong, thank God. I showed Dorana a few pictures of hairstyles i liked and she put her own spin on it and it looked fabulous. This day also was my rehearsal dinner, so she was able to do a simpler style for this and everyone complimented me!

In addition to being a talented hair stylist, Dorana has such a pleasant personality. She has a very sweet disposition and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone she comes in contact with loves her.

Dorana, I will look you up for my 5th Wedding Anniversay! Ren and I want to come back to Mexico to celebrate!

Fiona S

Profile Picture Fiona, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

I was really nervous about hiring someone in Playa Del Carmen without meeting them in person or having a trial with them months before the wedding, but Doranna’s portfolio and reviews were impressive. It was also great to find someone that did both hair and makeup. Through our email communication I could tell she was professional and her replies were always prompt.
But meeting her in person was even better than I expected. She has such a sweet personality and made me feel very SPECIAL and comfortable on my wedding day. Her hands are magical because curls in my hair don’t usually last too long and this day they were intact throughout the night and into the next morning. I can write 10 pages of how wonderful she is but what I really want to say is that thanks to her she made me feel the way I wanted to feel that day: a beautiful bride! My friends, and most importantly my husband had many compliments and couldn’t stop talking about how great my hair and makeup looked. I can tell from her work and attention to detail that she is passionate about her job and her priority is to make sure you are a HAPPY bride, needless to say I WAS!

Profile Picture Adriana, 11/14/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup

Doranna was really kind and nice to my family and I. I really loved her work, she listened to me and perfectly got what I wanted, she is patient and organized with time. Also, when I was getting ready the time was pleasant with her. She has magic hands, she made me look like a Princess!!!! My hair stayed perfectly the whole wedding !!!! I totally recommend her, she is the best!

Profile Picture Tere, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I would highly recommend Doranna to everyone. I fell in love with Doranna from the first day I met her at my hair trial. She was so accommodating, professional and not to mention super sweet! She was so patient and willing to stay with me until we got the look absolutely perfect. She even did an hairstyle for me right before she left, so I could enjoy a date night with my husband. Thank you Doranna for being so sweet and making me and my bridesmaids look extra special on my day :)

Profile Picture Shelby, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Doranna gave me exactly what I envisioned for my wedding hair! She is very kind and easy to work with and a good listener. She put up with my perfectionist tendencies with ease! Would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture Allison, 5/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

I loved working with Doranna. She was very professional and helped me put together a great prep timeline the morning of my wedding. The morning of the wedding, she arrived right on time and with a smile. This was so important to keeping my nerves at bay!

Doranna did the hair for my 4 bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-laws. Not only was this a big group, but we also all had very different hair: (including Latin-curly, Short-thin, African American natural hair, and Straight-thin hair) She handled every challenge perfectly, planned how to achieve each person's desired hairstyle and made my family and friends' hair look fantastic! You're in good hands with Doranna!

Profile Picture Ruth, 2/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Doranna was amazing... I had so many problems getting in touch with other hairstylists in Playa Del Carmen being in Toronto (Canada), no one would reply back to me or it would be weeks between correspondence. I contacted Doranna and she was prompt, attentive and very professional with her communication.
I had my hair done, two of my bridesmaids and mother of the bride. Everyone's hair was beautiful and stayed in place from morning until the evening. My mom loved her's so much she kept hairstyle in for the next day. Doranna was so accommodating since our hotel was extremely strict with bringing vendors on site and arranged for an alternative location for our hair appointments.
I definitely recommend Doranna. If you want a stylist and artist who is creative, professional, reliable and compassionate book with her for your wedding ASAP.

Profile Picture Jeannine, 11/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I want to thank Doranna for making me feel like a complete PRINCESS on my wedding day. As my wedding was planned with less than 2 months, I didn’t have time to look on hair and makeup examples.. plus.. I thought.. even if I like a makeup or hair on certain model… it might not look the same with my face and hair type. Doranna arrived punctually (is hard to get it in Mexico). I wanted a more “Natural” look for my makeup, but at the same time, I wanted to look unique. For my hair I wanted an up do. I told Doranna my ideas, she saw my wedding dress and started working. I have to say that I also love the way she made me feel when I was explaining her what I wanted. She is so knowledgeable, warm and joyful to be around!! Just what I needed before I was about to say I DO. She just made my mom and me feel calmed, loved and happy.
She worked on my hair and makeup as she was a true magician. When she finished, I looked absolutely STUNNING. The best moment by far was seeing my husband’s hands on his mouth when he saw me for the first time followed by a huge smile and sparkling eyes saying “WOW!! YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS” Definitely priceless. We had the wedding at 3pm and then the reception until 6:30pm. Even it was a very hot and humid day, I knew I would be fine because she ensures to use the best products that will last forever! What I also loved is that my hair looked AND felt completely natural, it lasted until 2 am when the wedding was over.
I can imagine that for the brides who live abroad and don’t have a “test hair and makeup day” that can get a little worrying on their destination wedding at Riviera Maya, but you have my word that Doranna will be your ANGEL on your special day. You can have the most stunning dress, but remember that your hair and makeup are also ESSENTIAL. My advice on all the future brides that will tie the knot here in Riviera Maya is to stop looking around and call Doranna!!! Gracias de Corazon por todo, siempre estare muy agradecida!

Profile Picture Blanca, 9/18/14, 1 Review