58 Reviews for Distinctive Italy Weddings

Budget Analysis (3)
Religious (3)
Non-Religious (1)
58 Distinctive Italy Weddings Reviews

I worked with Rosanna from Distinctive Italy Wedding from the very beginning and she was wonderful throughout the entire process! She was always quick to respond and provided me with detailed packages meeting my requests from the beginning, even when I kept changing my mind. She was patient and continued to provide me with additional packages and was courteous. I highly recommend Distinctive Italy Wedding to help plan your destination wedding in Italy.

Profile Picture Cyndi, 8/30/18, 1 Review

Dear Junko,

We can’t thank you enough, our wedding day was perfect, we couldn't have asked for anything more!

From the beginning you made everything so easy for us and answered all our questions so promptly, I couldn’t believe it!
Paola, our wedding coordinator, was fantastic! She was so kind and helpful, we were able to not stress about anything on our wedding.
I didn't know what to expect from my hair and make-up since I didn’t do a trial run but both were such professionals, it was exactly what I was hoping for.

The flowers... Wow! When I saw my bouquet I fell in love with it! It was so beautiful I couldn’t stop staring at it! The boutonnière was made to match my bouquet and was Perfect.
We ordered a flower arch and matching rose petals for the aisle. The arch exceeded my expectations and was Gorgeous! The florists did an amazing job.
The venue at the Giardini Principessa in Ravello was perfect for the two of us. What a spectacular view! The view from the garden was breathtaking. The town itself is very quaint and romantic I’m so happy with our decision to get married there.
We chose a classical Guitarist to play at the ceremony and requested if he could play a special song for us. He did a perfect job! It gave me goosebumps walking down to meet my future husband while he played our special song for us!
Our photographer rocked! We felt so lucky to have gotten Domenico for our photographer. He made us so comfortable and captured exactly the artistic photos we were looking for.
After the ceremony we had our dinner together at the Belmond Caruso Restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was impeccable. We had the restaurant make us a small wedding cake. It was Beautiful and delicious!
We had such a great wedding day and want to say thank you for everything! We left Italy with huge smiles on our faces and are still smiling!
We highly recommend DIW!

Natasa & Chris

Profile Picture Natasa, 6/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I can’t even begin to put into words the absolute professionalism and class Distinctive Weddings showed over the 2 years planning our destination wedding. They made every detail we imagined come to life perfectly. I was in absolute awe and so were our guests. They Skyped, emailed, called and did everything they could to accommodate our every request. I can’t recommend them more from venue selection to on the day organization. Thank you, thank you for making our wedding week perfect in every way!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Stefania and Simona of Distinctive Italy weddings could not have been more wonderful! Stefania helped me prepare every last detail leading up to the day while Simona kept everything organized on our special day. They were always easy to communicate with and I always felt like my little wedding was a priority! Our wedding was truly BEYOND anything we could have ever dreamed of. All of our guests said the wedding was “hands down, the best wedding they had ever been to!” Thank you ladies. We are forever grateful for the beautiful day you created for us!

Profile Picture Hillary, 5/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Rosanna, Sarah, and Angela were amazing. Their responsiveness and willingness to help was incredible, and I can't imagine doing the wedding without them. Everything from coordinating the plan, recommending vendors and photographers, and assistance with the consulate appointments was top notch, professional, and so helpful.

Profile Picture Quinn, 10/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Thank you to DIW and our wonderful wedding planner, Sarah Bongini, for bringing our dream Tuscan wedding to life! With her fantastic organizational skills and creativity Sarah helped us plan an intimate, 30 person wedding in Tuscany in just 8 short months. Needless to say, the outcome and services exceeded our expectations. From the small details to the big last minute changes, Sarah and DWI always made themselves available to accommodated our requests with upmost professionalism. All vendors that were suggested to us by Sara were of quality and very professional. We communicated at least once per week via email or Skype. In the weeks closer to the wedding, Sarah made sure to speak with us daily or as needed for last minute decisions.

Again, HUGE thank you to Sarah and her team at DIW for putting together the most elegant, fun, and intimate wedding weekend together at such a marvelous venue in the most beautiful place in the world!

Profile Picture Elina, 9/16/17, 1 Review

Dear Raffaela,
We had the most amazing weekend, our wedding was simply magical!! It's hard to explain the nerves and the constant wonder of how the day will come together when you hand the most important day of our lives to someone else. All we can say is that we had no reason to stress you were fantastic and we could not have been in better hands. Everything turned out better than we could of have hoped for and it was like being in a fairytale. Throughout the weekend we were asked how we found this hidden gem and heard people saying it was like something from a magazine. They were blown away by the beauty of the venue.
The food was delicious, the cake was incredible and the saxophonist was truly wonderful!!
The flowers and centrepieces were stunning and more beautiful than imagined.
We often told you how much the music meant to us and worried about the dj, there was no need as the party was great and our friends and family danced all night. The next day we all sat together laughing about each other's dance moves. My father said that he didn't want the night to end - which is a rare thing!! I do not think there are words to express how truly grateful we are for having you as our wedding planner, choosing distinctive italy weddings was the first step towards our incredible day!! A massive thank you to your team and all who helped on the day including your assistant, who was also complimented by many.
We would also like to say thank you to you Rosanna as you were the first person we spoke with and made us feel important from the start. The whole experience was incredible. Every member of the DIW team that we met was friendly, attentive and professional thank you for making our wedding day everything we dreamed of and more. We shall not hesitate to recommend you all. From the bottom of our hearts one last massive thank you Raffaela, both our families send their utmost gratitude.
A great big hug and lots of love from the both of us too Gabriella and Paolo xx

Profile Picture Gabriella , 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Italy has always been my dream wedding destination since I was a little girl. 10 years ago I visited Capri and fell in love (right before I met my now husband). The second Walter proposed I knew exactly what I wanted and you ladies made it happen. Words can't even thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

Rosanna- thank you for the initial responses and inquires regarding our proposals as well as following along our journey the entire year! You helped Walter and I choose right away the exact location and made us feel comfortable from the start.

Stefania- the minute we started planning , I knew you had it all together. I was nervous at first because normally I'm always in control of everything. You quickly settled my nerves and took over, smooth sailing! Honestly, everyone says how stressful it is to plan your wedding and all, but you couldn't have made it any easier than you already did.

Thank you for the constant back and forth, checking with vendors and especially the day of! You made sure everything was perfect! You got my vision (aka Pinterest board) and made it even better than I could have imagined. Everything that day was just perfect - the weather, the food, venue, transportation, DJ, photographer, videographer, flowers and last but not least, your precision of timing for everything! We were so on schedule from everything you told me that was going to happen, happened that time!

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for truly making our dreams come true. Our guests were in complete shock of how beautiful everything was. They keep saying how it was the best wedding they have ever been too!

Gina & Walter

Xoxox!!

Profile Picture Gina, 7/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding was way better than we could have ever dreamed and none of it would have been possible without DIW expert advice and endless efforts (and patience). L'Andana was denifitely the best place in the entire world we could possible have our wedding. It was even prettier than the pictures DIW showed. We wanted something really specifc, and we are so thankful Sarah and Rosanna understood the spirit of where we would like to celebrate our weekend and were able to convert it into the perfect venue. Their wedding planning services are spotless and remarkable throughout the months- they were tireless and definitely the perfect planners for us. Always so kind and understanding with our crazy schedule and senseles requests, going out of your way so many times to make us happy. We appreciate so much all they've done for us! Oh and they have my mother's total approval as a wedding planner and mother of the bride. She loved everything and said she wouldn't have done a better job herself!

Profile Picture Marcella, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had the most fantastic wedding day! Everything that was arranged was absolutely perfect!

Distinctive Italy made the whole process so easy and their was never any stressful moments for us. You did absolutely everything that we asked for and made us so happy. We have given you 5 stars for everything as you provided a fabulous service.

I found the hairdresser and make up artist really lovely people and they made me and my bridesmaids feel really relaxed. They listened to what we wanted and we all felt so special with our hair and make up done. Our hair and make up looked lovely throughout the whole wedding and we all felt amazing.

We found Villa Eva a truly special venue, it looked so pretty with all the flowers and the way the tables were set up so nicely. The staff were superb and really made our guests feel special. They were all very attentive. Anna was excellent throughout the entire day and was so helpful. Our parents, family and friends were totally blown away by the venue and the way that Anna led the day and evening.

All of the food was really delicious and every person enjoyed every single course and said they had never eaten so much lovely food. The wedding cake was everyone's favourite cake. It looked and tasted amazing!

Ravello was the perfect location for our family and friends. As its very small you couldn't go far without seeing some of the wedding party and it made everyone really mingle well a few days before the wedding. Everyone found the views absolutely breathtaking. All the hotels are great and there are some delicious restaurants. We had quite a lot of children attending the wedding and their parents felt that Ravello was so safe and really great for their children to run around.

Profile Picture Heidi, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We really enjoyed working with DIW and our wedding planner, Raffaela Cian, was a great fit for us; being very organised and experienced. She was not daunted by the type of event we wanted to hold (a large wedding with a big focus on fun!) and the quality of the vendors we were introduced to was, in every instance, 5*.

Whilst response times were probably a little slower than we would have ideally liked in the beginning (which I do understand was due to the wedding being some months away and also, things just work very differently in Italy to the UK!), Raffaela was very available to us in the weeks and days leading up to the wedding and answered all of my small (but important to me!), queries without hesitation and with a lot of patience - thank you Raffaela!

We would recommend DIW and Raffaela in particular to anyone planning an Italian wedding and in fact, we already have done!

Raffaela was particularly good at being realistic with us - if something was a possibility she would let us know and if not, she would tell us straight away so we didn't waste time and energy thinking about it - I valued this highly! Similarly, I really appreciated being able to speak to the owner of DIW, Rosanna, directly when Raffaela was away, regarding vendor options to get her genuine opinion, straight talking is very important to me!

The team on the day were also excellent - Antonella and Raffaela in particular did a fantastic job making sure everything was running smoothly and I really felt that they both genuinely cared about the success of our event. My husband thanked Raffaela in his speech and that was truly meant. We also loved celebrating with the DIW team at the post-dinner party, it was great to see the result of all our hard work.

Profile Picture Victoria, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

DIW were amazing. Easy to talk to. Organised through every step of our wedding journey which resulted in a perfect day and the best day of our lives! Can't thank you guys enough.
Brett & Vicky

Profile Picture Vicky, 5/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

You guys took all of the stress out of the wedding for us and held our hands through every step. We knew the day would be amazing but we didn't realise it would be mind blowing!!!! Thank you so much for everything, we would highly recommend you to anybody looking to use your services.

Profile Picture Brett, 5/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

A huge thank you for all your hard work as our wedding planner. You were excellent throughout!

Our wedding day was so special and beautiful - we enjoyed every minute of it, as did all the guests.

The Pre-Wedding Party at Cantina Follie went really well – everyone really enjoyed the food and the wines. Joost and his team were excellent.

Villa Cipressi - Excellent – from the staff to the food to the back-drop – we cannot fault this venue.
David the manager was very friendly and easy to work with, also very calm and collected.
The food – everyone loved the food, it was delicious – an excellent and plentiful aperitivo buffet, and the multi-course dinner was fantastic. Wine – this was also very high quality, and everyone enjoyed it a lot.
We loved the ceremony location, in a very nice shaded area right by the lake.

On-Site Co-ordinator: Angela was super – very calm and collected, as well as being friendly. Everything ran very smoothly. Angela did a great job at translating during the ceremony and injected a sense of light-heartedness to the proceedings which we really appreciated.

Suppliers:
Hair: Pamela was great, very patient and excellent at up-dos. She was very calm, professional and friendly – I was very pleased with my hair.
Makeup: Again, Veronica was great. I loved my wedding makeup, it was exactly what I had asked for, classic and natural yet still polished.
Flowers: Beautiful flowers. I loved my bouquet, which also had a wonderful scent from the freesias. It was a bit of a shame that none of the agapanthus had opened before the wedding, but it didn’t detract from the overall look.
Musicians: Wow - excellent. They really enhanced the overall feel and emotion of the wedding.
Photographer: Dani and Stefano were both first-class – very good at knowing where the best spots to take photos were, also very calm and friendly.
Boat Ride: This was great fun, everyone really enjoyed the boat ride.
Favours: Looked great and were delicious.

Profile Picture Helen, 5/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Gavin and I live in South America and we chose to get married in Florence, Italy as we love the place. DIW made it really easy for us to plan the wedding day even with being so far away.
Our wedding planner Sarah Bongini in particular was excellent. She was very professional, always quick to respond and provided detailed information on any questions and or services requested.
We had an amazing time and all of our 90 guests from all over the world really enjoyed the wedding event as well. It was a huge success.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Stefania was INCREDIBLE! Her patience, and willingness to say YES To make all our dreams come true is priceless. There literally was nothing she couldn't make happen. She is easy to work with, replies quickly to your email and is on the ball in terms of her to-do list. It took all the stress out of our big day considering we lived in London and were planning an Italian wedding, she had her finger on the pulse and we really felt comfortable and relaxed that she had everything covered. The venue was flexible and professional in their approach with vendors and accommodating our last minute menu tasting request. We had 100 guests, 9 of which were children, and Stefania made it all look like it came together so effortlessly. I would recommend Distinctive Italy Weddings to anyone! They made our special day just perfect and we cannot thank you enough for your committment and dedication for the 12 months we worked together. Thank you! xo

Profile Picture Janelle, 9/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

It was an absolute pleasure working with Stefania and the DIW team during the last year. They were invaluable in coordinating all the services for our amazing castle wedding in Tuscany, providing advice and guidance when needed, and making sure the day unfolded without a hitch. We were incredibly pleased with how everything turned out, as well as with all the vendors that we worked with for the big day. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend DIW to any could planning a wedding in Italy, and if it's your cup of tea- Castello di Vincigliata was a dream venue and I highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Rey , 9/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We found Distinctive Italy Weddings through a google search, and when we think back of the day we believe we were very lucky to have landed on their site and without knowing it at the time, we were in the safest hands that could be. Throughout 6 months of planning, we felt we were taking a leap of faith, not having met our planner in person and managing everything by correspondence. Despite that, their management and organization during the planning time was always reassuring. They had a large choice of vendors for most services, and for the ones they chose themselves, they proved to be the absolute best. The florist, the caterer, the hairdresser, I cannot write enough or explain enough how amazing their team was and how perfect everything turned out to be. During the wedding, I got tears in my eyes every time I looked at my planner, Raffaela. I couldn’t believe how she had managed to put all that together, with such beauty and perfection, with us being miles away from her and simply coordinating by correspondence. She planned our wedding with so much care, so much detail, and so much perfection. Raffaela and her team, Stephania, and the rest of the crew, came together and prepared a wonderful event, one that my guests called the wedding of the Century.. and for my husband and I, she is in fact the planner of the Century. We will always look back to this day and have her to thank for making it an incredibly remarkable and unforgettable celebration of our love. We have so much gratitude to her and the Distinctive Italy Weddings team. Planning a destination wedding carries its own risks and adventures. With Distinctive Italy Weddings, you are sure to be working with people who know what they are doing, have the right connections and network of vendors, are professionals, experts and most importantly work with sincerity and enthusiasm, just what you need when planning your wedding!

Profile Picture Lena, 7/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We cannot speak highly enough about DIW, everyone we dealt with from first point of contact was superb. We received top notch service from venue sourcing right the way through to the wedding day itself and even since.
Our planner Raffaela helped us budget for our big day and get everything we could for our money.
They also put together an amazing welcome dinner the night before the wedding and this was almost as important as the day itself. What a great way to kick off the weekend!
Our wedding day was everything we dreamed it could be and without them it simply would not have happened, we only wish we could have it all over again!
5/5 for:
Venue sourcing
Budget planning
Welcome dinner organisation
Sourcing caterers, flowers, lighting/equipment photographers, videographers, paperwork/translations, musicians for the service etc
Coordination of the day

Nick & Poppy

Profile Picture Nick, 6/25/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

As a former fighter pilot, I have high expectations. DIW exceeded them! It is difficult to trust someone overseas coordinating your important day; however, the DIW staff assured us they would and could deliver. On our wedding day, all of their help conducted themselves with the highest level of respect and professionalism. All of them are highly experienced and catered to our changes and needs prior to our ceremony. If you are planning an overseas wedding and worried about whether DIW is worth the time and the money, stop worrying. Everything unfolded as promised and all of it was done by professionals that take pride in their workmanship. I can't thank the DIW team enough on making our wedding perfect.

Profile Picture Andrew, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Distinctive Italy knows their stuff. They are honest and helpful and I don't know what we would have done without their help! I HIGHLY recommend their company. There was zero stress and everything fell into place perfectly!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, Destination, Ceremony

Book DIW, they helped us so much and took all the stress out of planning our wedding, We could not have done it without them. Our wedding was amazing.

Profile Picture Emma, 6/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception

If you would like an expert wedding planner who can provide the perfect destination wedding and ensure peace of mind, don't hesitate to engage Distinctive Italy Weddings (DIW)!

Our DIW planner, Bonnie Bates, created what for us was one of the happiest days of our lives. Her patience, sense of humor, and good advice made the whole planning process so enjoyable and stress-free. That is no small feat, given that we live in Colorado! I consider myself lucky that we were paired wth her! Our wedding at Villa Tantafera was absolutely perfect in every way! From the setting overlooking Florence, to the villa itself, to the many wonderful people who worked so hard to make our day perfect – there wasn’t a single thing we’d change.

My husband told me when we left Florence, "Whatever we paid, it wasn’t enough!” This remark comes from a man who is very careful with his finances, and it serves as the best endorsement regarding DIW and the wonderful vendors with whom they work. We, and all of our guests, were so very appreciative of Bonnie and the rest of her team. It was all so special – gorgeous floral arrangements and bouquets, great DJ and music, delicious food and cocktails served by elegant and gracious staff, wonderfully patient (and fun!) photographers and videographer – that I am still pinching myself that it was real and that it was OUR wedding day. Starting the day after our wedding and even now that we are back in the US, so many of our guests have told us that our wedding was the most beautiful one they’ve ever attended. Thank you so much!!!

We are already planning to return for our fifth anniversary, and most of our friends who stayed at the villa plan to join us again!

Grazie!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination

Distinctive Italy Weddings was the best choice we made for our wedding day. I will start from the beginning; my now husband and I did a lot of “homework” before deciding on a company to use for one of the most important days of our lives. We talked to several companies and no company compared to DIW. Rosanna and Stefania were amazing to work with, very quick to respond (considering the time change) and always happy to help. We had the most incredible day because of them.
The planning was very easy and once we got to Venice and the big day arrived, everything was perfect and smooth. Stefania was early and ready to help us in whatever way possible. DIW’s recommendations for vendors were also outstanding. Yasmin Sanchez did my hair and makeup (with no trial run) better than I could have ever imagined and her attention to detail is incredible. We are a very “cheesy couple” and they both helped us stay separate (in the same suite) without seeing one another before the ceremony. Stefania exchanged our letters and Luca, our amazing photographer, made sure to capture each special moment of us getting ready, reading our letters and making sure that every special detail was on film.
Of course when you get married in Venice, you have to head to San Marco square for photos and a gondola ride and DIW made that happen without a single flaw. Everything about our day was perfect. Everyone we worked with was remarkable and we highly would recommend all of them to anyone who ever wanted to get married in Italy.
We would love to answer any questions that anyone has about our experience with DIW about our wedding planning and experience.

Profile Picture Angela, 5/20/16, 2 Reviews