Devoted To You Reviews

Devoted To You 6
Devoted To You 7
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/28/2019

Melissa is an fantastic and will execute your day flawlessly!

Melissa and her team are absolute rockstars. We used Devoted to You Events for our wedding in May and settled on the Day of Coordination package. Our venue would have to be flipped during cocktail hour and that wasn't something I wanted us or our family and friends to do. I had heard wonderful things about Melissa and after meeting her, knew that she would great to work.

The day of coordination really kicks into gear around a month out. Melissa scheduled a walk through with us and the venue and let me tell you, she is SO on the ball. My fiance and I left that meeting and his mom turned to us and said "Thank god you hired her. She's amazing." That is when we realized it wasn't just about the flip, a coordinator helps you with so much more. Melissa put together a timeline for us, ran our rehearsal, coordinated drop off and delivery with all of the vendors, helped us with our first look, set up our ceremony, made sure the night ran flawlessly, and cleaned up personal items at the end of the night. When our florist didn't have candle stick covers, Melissa kindly asked another florist if we could borrow theirs. When the second bus didn't show up on time, Melissa fixed the issue immediately. I am probably missing 100 other things she took care of behind the scenes. These are all things we would have had to take care of or ask our close friends and family to help with. I can truly say that the month leading up to our wedding was stress free and thank Melissa and her team for that.

If it wasn't for the flip, we may not have considered a coordinator so quickly, but my advice to any bride is to go for it. We trusted Melissa and her team with everything and that allowed us and our guests to enjoy every moment of the day. We believe some of the best money spent on our wedding was on Devoted to You Events because Melissa made the day fun, was organized, and gave us peace of mind throughout the process.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Leeanne · Married on 05/25/2019

Morgan = my fairy godmother

We hosted our wedding of approx. 225 at a full service hotel. To be honest I was skeptical that we needed an outside coordinator to help us. In the months leading up however things began piling up and my groom became extremely anxious. From the first consultation call with Morgan and Melissa I knew we were making the right decision. Morgan was assigned to be our wedding coordinator. I’m not exaggerating when I say she was like a fairy godmother. From little details, and vendor communication to family drama. She handled it ALL. She came to every meeting and was always available. Her organization and professionalism was second to none. I had zero stress and was really able to enjoy the months leading up to my wedding. The day of she and her assistant took care of all the coordination of the outside vendors. Also small unexpected things ie half the groomsman forgot the handkerchief for the pockets of their suits. She quickly and seamlessly came up with a solution. I forgot a bag for the money dance she had one on hand. She handled transportation of the gifts etc. These are just a few examples. I had the most amazing wedding day and Devoted to You is a major reason why. I can’t thank them enough.

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Devoted To You 19
    Devoted To You 20
    Devoted To You 21

anne · Married on 07/06/2018

Melissa helped plan our wedding a years ago. what an amazing job she did! I can't tell you about how much stress it took of me as a bride and consquently my fiance (now husband) at the time. She was willing to work with our budget. She offered advice that would allow us to stay true to the decor we had in mind but not go way over budget. I, like many other brides thought that I could handle everything myself but in the end it was so reassuring to know that I would not have to leave the little details to myself or other relatives to complete moments before the wedding. After recently attending a close relative's wedding that had mother of the bride coordinating everything, the importance of a great evet planner becomes even more salient.
    It was hands down THE best decision to go with Melissa. so if you're that bride, googling and trying to complete all these pinterest projects on your own, I would highly recommend Devoted to you! You will not be disappointed. In the end, what I loved best about working with Melissa, is that she allowed my husband and I to be in the moment, to enjoy our wedding day without worrying about details on the day of.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Meghan · Married on 12/02/2017

When we started planning our wedding I, like so many other people, wanted to most of the coordinating and organizing on my own. At first it was no big deal, send some emails, sign some contracts, taste some cake. And then six months out I realized that my to do list and my email inbox were getting very lengthy and planning didn't seem so fun anymore. In ran Melissa like a 9th inning relief pitcher and everything came together. Melissa is a gem to work with. She's understanding, easy to talk to, low stress, and tons of fun. She knows the industry here in Pittsburgh like the back of her hand and has good rapport with every vendor she's worked with. We booked Devoted To You for month-of services and I feel like it was worth every penny and much, much more. Not only did Melissa take care of confirming all of the vendors, the venue walk through, the rehearsal, and the flow of the wedding day, but she goes above and beyond to make sure you don't have to worry about anything. At the end of the night I was helping Morgan (one of the girls on Melissa's team) load up our car with centerpieces and cake and she literally snatched the stuff out of my hand and told me to go relax because she could handle it! I was floored by their professionalism and attention to detail. For those on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, I truly believe my husband and I were able to enjoy the day, our family and friends, and each other because we could place full trust in Melissa and her team.

Sent on 12/30/2017

kelley · Married on 11/04/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Melissa and her team. I used Melissa's 'month of coordination' package for my venue that did not provide a coordinator, which began with meetings and phone calls in the months before my wedding to ensure every detail was perfect. Melissa exceeded every expectation I had and I am confident that I would not have had such a perfect day without her help. I would recommend Melissa and Devoted to You Events to anyone considering hiring a wedding coordinator, she is the BEST!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Erin · Married on 06/10/2017

From the beginning, Melissa was wonderful to work with. She is super organized, and it was great to have someone who knew all the right questions to ask when we were meeting with vendors. We were planning a wedding from out of town, and she was very flexible in working around our schedule and making the most of each of our visits. She helped us to find some wonderful vendors to work with, who we wouldn't have found on our own. Leading up to the event, it was so much less stressful, knowing that she would be there and that we could trust her to handle anything that would come up. She definitely surpassed all of our expectations!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Kathy · Married on 05/13/2017

If your looking for a wedding coordinator that will make your planning stress free and your big day a wonderful success...look no further than Devoted to You! Melissa was fantastic, we couldn't have pulled it off without her!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/22/2016

We hired Melissa of Devoted to You for day of coordination of our October wedding at J Verno Studios. If you're on the fence about hiring a wedding coordinator like we were, trust us, if you don't have Melissa, you'll wish you did. It was such a relief the week of the wedding to be able to show up and leave, just like one of our guests. Melissa was ultra organized. She was responsive to phone calls and emails and so, so supportive. Despite just having her for coordination on the day of our event, Melissa handled details for months prior. She helped us to make a timeline and distributed it to all of our other vendors. She met with us for a final walkthrough of our venue with our caterer and was able to any questions that we had.

At the rehearsal, Melissa was able to walk through the entire ceremony with our officiant and brought up any questions to details that we hadn't even thought about. On the day of the event, she and her wonderful assistant, Morgan, showed up early to the venue to set up our ceremony space and coordinate all vendor deliveries and setup. By the afternoon, Melissa came to our hotel to help with coordinating our first look. Due to rain, our outdoor photos were put on hold and Melissa was ready to call everyone to let them know the new plans. Without her, we would have been running around trying to communicate the changes. During the ceremony and reception, every detail was taken care of and both Melissa and Morgan catered to my husband and I for any needs that we may have had. From straightening the train of my dress to keeping the night on our timeline, Melissa and Morgan took care of everything.

The best part of having Melissa was being able to leave our reception venue without having to clean up ANYTHING. We were able to pick up everything the next day, neatly packed and ready to take home.

Again, if you're on the fence about a wedding planner, Melissa will take care of you! She's the best!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Devoted To You's reply:

Rachel you are so sweet!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review. It means the world and is very much appreciated!!

Katie · Married on 10/15/2016

I wasn't sure what to expect with a "month of" wedding coordinator, but I'm so glad that I had one and that it was Melissa. She handle so much of the "behind the scenes" action and handled last-minute changes like a complete professional (like wanting longer linens after seeing the short one at the rehearsal). She was a quiet presence on game-day, but was ready to respond to any issues/questions that came up. I really appreciated how she coordinated with our vendors for the time-line and set-up/tear-down activities, and gave us ideas for wedding that I never would've thought of. She also recommended vendors (photographer and officiant), both of which turned out great! I would highly recommend Melissa and Devoted to You.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Devoted To You's reply:

Thanks Katie!! You and Adam (and your mom) were so sweet to work with! Thanks so much for your kind words.

Abbie · Married on 09/10/2016

Melissa and Stacey were amazing to work with. Even though I had a coordinator with the space I rented out for the ceremony and reception at the Carnegie Museum of Art in Oakland, I still went ahead and hired Melissa and Stacey to make sure all of my small details came together, in addition to the big stuff. We met several times and went through check lists each time. Some of the items, I had never even thought of. They helped me with ideas, but most importantly they helped create a day of timeline that was the reason my day went so smoothly. Melissa had THREE weddings the day of my wedding and she still made time to stop at the house my bridesmaids and I were getting ready at. Stacey came too and made sure we were running on time. Talk about going above and beyond. During the wedding day, I only had one person to answer to, Stacey, and she took care of EVERYTHING. I knew I didn't have to worry about a thing because I was in good hands. I would recommend Devoted To You to every bride in Pittsburgh as a must-have to your wedding budget. Thank you Melissa & Stacey!<3

Sent on 11/08/2016

Devoted To You's reply:

Abbie, thank you so much!! I'm so happy that you were happy with everything. Stacey and I loved being a part of your day and helping you along the way.
  • RJ

Robert · Married on 09/03/2016

Neither of us have very much experience with weddings and we aren't originally from Pittsburgh, so having a wedding planner was really important to us. I can't say enough good things about our experience with Melissa. She is extremely knowledgeable, creative and has relationships with some of the absolute best vendors in this region. She was extremely responsive and answered our many questions thoroughly and quickly. I honestly think of her as a friend now and I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a professional wedding planner. Melissa and her team at Devoted To You Events are simply THE best :)

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Devoted To You 22

Devoted To You's reply:

Awe you guys are the BEST!!! Thank you so much for all your kind words!

Rachael · Married on 08/27/2016

All I can say is incredible! Melissa was everything we needed when planning our wedding. My husband and I live in North Carolina so planning our wedding to take place in Pennsylvania with family was a bit of a daunting endeavor before we hired Melissa. I cannot possibly imagine having our wedding without her! She maintained perfect communication with us and kept our wants and needs for our ceremony and reception at the forefront! She was such a blessing! She coordinated with all of our vendors so the process was smooth and stress-free for us. If you are looking for someone who truly cares, works to see that your vision comes true, and can somehow even relieves all of your wedding anxiety, hire Melissa. You absolutely won't regret it for a second. And did I mention that she does all of this with a smile on her face?! She's amazing!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Devoted To You's reply:

Thanks so much Rachael!! I enjoyed every minute of planning with and was so happy and excited to be a part of your day. I loved being able to help bring your vision together. Thanks for trusting me to do that and for such sweet and kind words.

Jenna · Married on 07/09/2016

I couldn't have better things to say about working with Devoted To You. Melissa and her assistant Morgan are the best, and we could not have pulled off the wedding of our DREAMS without these 2! Melissa is extremely attentive, present, organized, and easy to work with. Most of all, every time I spoke to Melissa leading up to the wedding and every step of the way on the day of the wedding (hotel, first look, church, reception) Melissa was there to alleviate any stress! I could not speak more highly of her, and we simply could not have done it without her!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Devoted To You's reply:

Thank you so much Jenna!! You're sweet words mean the world! I'm so glad you were happy with everything.

Amber Lynn · Married on 07/09/2016

Most amazing wedding planners ever!! I could never have done it without these amazing ladies! Melissa was there for every tiny question and helped me through every mini-crisis that arose! Stacey made me feel relaxed the entire "day of," even coming to my hotel room to help out and make sure everything moved along. These ladies are absolutely amazing and my day was gorgeous beyond belief! They made an empty warehouse look absolutely breath taking! Highly, highly recommend making your budget work to include these rockstar wedding planners!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Rebecca · Married on 06/25/2016

Initially, I hadn't planned on hiring a wedding planner, but as I realized all that needed done, I became more and more overwhelmed. That's when I found Melissa! She not only helped me achieve the wedding of my dreams, but made me enjoy the process as well. Any time I had a question or problem, she said she would take care of it and found the perfect answer or solution. What I loved most about Melissa, though, was that she never tried to force an idea or opinion. Instead, she was concerned only with helping me figure out exactly what I wanted and how to get it. She worked so well with all of my other vendors and kept in contact with them for the month leading up to our wedding. I truly could not have done it without her!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Danielle · Married on 06/18/2016

Simply one word can describe Melissa and her wedding planning, DEVOTED!!! Melissa is a amazing woman who will devote all her time and energy to making your wedding day everything you envisioned. She makes all the planning fun and easy, creating a dream wedding within your budget. Even months before my wedding, she was there every step of the way, always reachable and willing to help, even when I just needed someone to listen about my bridesmaid drama. The night before she made sure all my decor was in order and even took care of the final details so that my bridesmaids and I wouldn't have to do it. The day of was a dream, I didn't have to worry about a thing. I didn't have one stressful moment because I knew Melissa would make sure it worked out. If you are contemplating a wedding planner I highly recommend Melissa and Devoted to You!! She is devoted to you from the beginning and she will make you feel special and treats you like the princess bride you are. Thank you so much Melissa, honestly you are wedding miracle worker.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Tayler · Married on 06/11/2016

We weren't certain that we wanted or needed a wedding planner... but in hindsight, we absolutely couldn't have pulled everything off without Melissa. My biggest piece of advice to those unsure about hiring a wedding planner... You don't know, what you don't know! But that's why Melissa is so awesome. She has SO much experience and wisdom to share, all of which is truly invaluable. We committed to the month-of package and would have done it again in a heartbeat! (Or maybe secured her for more time and help ;) ) We planned our wedding from three separate states... and after every conversation with her, any anxiety and stress we had was gone. She answered questions, solved problems, coordinated vendors, and executed our vision. A wedding coordinator becomes your biggest advocate and right-hand person. You want someone that is experienced and savvy, but also someone with great interpersonal skills! (As they will be working closely with all of your vendors and representing you in the process). Melissa is all of that and more. She is professional, trustworthy, organized, and a great listener. Her main mission is to make your day the way YOU want it, and you can bet it will be perfect if you hire Melissa.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Karen · Married on 06/10/2016

Best wedding planner ever! You can't go wrong in choosing Devoted to You in planning your wedding. Melissa is very highly motivated to make every wish the bride and groom has come to fruition. Melissa and her staff went over and above to make it a day they will cherish forever. . Working in a budget is not a problem for her. Her network of vendors is fabulous. Her experience and the experience of her staff is priceless. We found Melissa to be very attentive to all our needs. She is creative, always looking to improve her craft and has an amazing attention to detail. Melissa and her staff attended to all our needs the day of the wedding and everything ran smoothly. We were so lucky to had found her. I would highly recommend Devoted To You !!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Alexa · Married on 05/21/2016

Melissa was thoughtful, professional, and an absolute pleasure/angel to work with. She made my wedding day a breeze for me and my mom and we couldn't be more thankful.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Devoted To You's reply:

Thanks so much Alexa! I'm so happy I was there so that you could relax and enjoy the day! And that you're mom could too :)

Angie · Married on 05/14/2016

Melissa and our day of coordinator, Kristen, were amazing. Our wedding was perfect and went off without a hitch thanks to them. Couldn't recommend them more highly.

Sent on 05/28/2016

Devoted To You's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Angie! I'm so happy that you were able to enjoy your day. We were glad to be there for you!

sara · Married on 10/17/2015

I'm still beaming from the incredible day that was my wedding- and Melissa was hugely instrumental in not only making sure the events went off without a hitch, but seeing to it that every last detail was exactly how I had dreamed it would be! Her enthusiasm and professionalism is top notch- she makes you feel like you're the only bride she's working with and that your big day is just as important to her as it is to you. Being able to trust that things would come together meant I was able to focus on what was truly important. Don't stress about a thing, get Melissa on your team!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Brittney & Elena · Married on 10/04/2015

We cannot emphasize enough how thankful we were to have Melissa as our month of and day of coordinator for our wedding. She is an absolute delight to work with. Her professionalism is second to none. She was attentive, and it was so wonderful to have a professional to talk with and run ideas by. Melissa made our dream wedding come to life. I am still so in awe of how seamlessly and wonderful the planning of our wedding and the actual day went. We have Melissa to thank for that. We highly recommend her services!

Sent on 02/15/2016

Alicia · Married on 09/12/2015

Melissa Crawford was an absolutely amazing coordinator for our wedding. She totally surpassed any expectation we could have ever had and only made our wedding prep and day of experience flawless and easy for us. She was a fantastic partner through the entire process and we recommend her to anyone who is planning a special event! Thank you Melissa!!! Xox

Sent on 09/13/2015

Devoted To You's reply:

Thanks Alicia! And you are so welcome! I enjoyed every moment of working with you and wish you and Daniel so much love and happiness in the future! Love you!

Melissa was extremely prompt and helpful throughout the wedding process. She created Google docs that kept everything organized in the weeks leading up to the wedding. In the venue walk-through, she demonstrated that she was very aware of what would be taking place and offered suggestions that I found helpful and streamlined the day itself. She clearly has a lot of experience to back up her work. Although Melissa was not able to attend my event, she organized to have another event coordinator oversee the event; this coordinator was present at the walkthrough and had all the documents prepared by Melissa. The day itself went smooth as could be and was wrinkle-free! It was also stress free knowing that I had Melissa's coordination to rely on. Would definitely recommend to friends, family, or anyone looking for an organized, responsible, and responsive day-of-coordinator!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Devoted To You's reply:

Thanks so much Anne! I'm glad everything for your day went smooth and I'm so happy to hear that Stacey executed everything we talked about perfectly!

We used Melissa for her "day of" services and are so glad that we did!! She is efficient, professional, experienced, and reliable. Her ability to guide us through details we'd never even considered was invaluable and sound judgement in execution and last minute items left me - the bride - without a worry in the world come wedding day. So lucky she was available! Our guests are still buzzing about the event.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Devoted To You's reply:

Thanks Alli! I'm so glad everything turned out so well for you and that you were happy with everything. I appreciate your kind words!