Details and Lace, LLC Reviews

13 | Charlottesville, VA

13 Reviews for Details and Lace, LLC

• Joshua

Joshua Keller · Married on 10/12/2019

12/10 Highly recommend. Melanie is a wedding Superwoman!

We cannot say enough good things about Melanie. Her attention to detail and her genuine care and concern about our wedding really meant the world to us. She was so fantastic throughout this process and really made everything about our experience a total dream come true! Her response to emails and phone calls was prompt, and she made is feel like she was genuinely invested in our wedding day! Her ability to remember things is unsurpassed; her kindness and warm smile was contagious and her enthusiasm made us feel like our wedding wasn't just another job for her. Because of her we were able to relax and give her our trust to handle our day-which went flawlessly thanks to her. Melanie is an absolute rockstar and we highly recommend her to handle all of your wedding needs! She's the best!

Sent on 02/23/2020
  • kkemom

Patti Higgins · Married on 09/21/2019

The MVP of the wedding!

Melanie is an absolute treasure! As the mother of the bride, and admittedly somewhat of a control freak, I had to have someone I trusted implicitly to handle all of the details. Melanie took the time to understand exactly the vision my daughter had in mind and what mattered most to all of us, and she just ran with it. Every little detail was handled, and anything that came up during the course of the day she took care of--little things that went awry were taken care of so quickly and efficiently that we didn't even know they happened. From the ceremony and reception layout and decor, to the introductions, to the music and timing of speeches and dances, as well as everything in between, Melanie took care of everything precisely the way we wanted. She's a complete pro. Without a doubt Melanie was the best money we spent on the entire day. Couldn't recommend her any more highly! I'd give her six stars if I could. :)

Sent on 11/04/2019

Patti,
    Thank you so much! Your review made me smile. You and the entire family were a pleasure to work with. Erin and Dan are an adorable couple and I so enjoyed being a part of their special day. I wish you all the best and hope you stay in touch!
    ~ Melanie
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 08/17/2019

Day of coordinator

My wedding day would have been much different without Melanie. She took all of the stress that relates to a wedding away the entire day. I was able to sit back and truly enjoy my day to the fullest. We have 3 kids so it made the day even more hectic and she rolled with it all. Even when my sweet 3 year old asked her to take a picture with her in the photobooth she did, and my daughter absolutely loved it. There were a few glitches in the day, non of which were Melanie's fault, and I never knew. I cannot urge you enough to reach out to Melanie for your wedding, there is no way you will regret it. Thank you so, so much for everything over the last year and a half leading up to the wedding. You were simply delightful!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Alyssa · Married on 07/13/2019

We Recommend This Wedding Planner!

Hiring Melanie Scott at Details and Lace LLC as a month of wedding planner was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Melanie works hard and is detail-oriented. She responded to inquiries in a timely manner. She sought to make our wedding day what we wanted it to be, while giving us helpful information and advice. We do not live near Charlottesville, and we had to plan our wedding from hundreds of miles away. It was comforting to have someone in Charlottesville who could be our eyes and ears in advance of the big day. On the wedding day, there were unanticipated delays. Melanie made sure to adjust the timeline accordingly and kept everyone on the same page. Having Melanie there allowed the bride and groom and their families to really enjoy the day without being stressed. We highly recommend Melanie!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 06/22/2019

Best decision I made was to hire Details and Lace!

The best decision I made through my entire wedding was hiring Details and Lace! Melanie, the owner, had software we used to help coordinate all the venders. Melanie was the contact person the day of and had extra supplies when the florist forgot the boutonnière pins. Before the wedding we had issues with our venue, and Melanie stepped in to help resolve some of the issues. I cannot recommend Melanie highly enough. Hiring Melanie will be a great decision and help alleviate stress on your wedding day!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Jill Stephens · Married on 06/15/2019

Highly recommend as a day-of coordinator!

Melanie made sure everything ran smoothly on our wedding day and that we felt prepared and supported in the months leading up to it. She has a calm, professional demeanor that is invaluable for big events. She gave us lots of great tips and advice on timing and logistics that we might not have known to consider, but she was primarily focused on executing our vision for the day. Pricing was reasonable, especially considering all the work and effort she puts in. We had a great experience with Melanie and highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Sandi Mrochinski · Married on 01/23/2019

Wonderful experience working with this event coordinator

So happy with our daughter and now son-in- laws decision to have Melanie as the coordinator for their July 2019 wedding. Melanie was so helpful in many ways prior to the wedding day from phone calls, emails, meeting with us and great advice. We had a shorter timeframe to plan, and she made it all go smoothly and efficiently, and calmed some nerves along the way. She listens to what is important to you, and was there each time I was concerned about something or had a question. As a Mother of the Bride that was such a relief having her by my daughters side. I highly recommend this organized, energetic, happy lady for any of your wedding event planning.

Sent on 08/30/2019

Details and Lace, LLC's reply:

It was a pleasure to be a part of A & S's wedding day. We enjoyed getting to know you, your family and the entire wedding party. It was a beautiful day!

Catherine · Married on 01/20/2019

Best Decision I Made Wedding Planning

Melanie was a true life-saver throughout our wedding planning process and the wedding weekend. Melanie is funny, easy-going, genuine and a pleasure to work with, while also being able to make sure things get done, things keep moving, and everybody stays on the ball. By the end of wedding planning, getting the day to occur involves coordinating dozens of people and even the most versatile bride is going to need some help to make sure everything happens according to plan. Hire Melanie and you won't have to worry---everything will be perfect! I mean it wholeheartedly when I say that hiring her was the single best wedding planning decision I made. She streamlined everything, she was incredibly focused on detail and organization, and she made sure the weekend happened as seamlessly as possible so we could focus on the fun. Even if you're detail-oriented and adept at multi-tasking, you will not regret enlisting Melanie's help because her experience, demeanor, professionalism, and ability to anticipate every possible scenario and how to fix it is truly invaluable when the big day actually arises. Obviously wedding planning is about balancing costs and expectations and desires, but truly the best money that we spent on our wedding was hiring Melanie (and my now-husband, his family, our bridal party, and my parents wholeheartedly agree).

Sent on 03/07/2019

Catherine,

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was truly my pleasure to be a part of your special day. You and Garrett are such a beautiful and amazing couple! Wishing you all the best for a very happy, healthy future! ~ Melanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing Day of Coordinator

We loved Melanie! Our day really came together because Melanie is not only organized but attentive to our needs. She made sure we were fed and happy the entire reception. She also knows how to make any situation a little more light-hearted. We thoroughly enjoyed working with Melanie. Our guests even commented on how great she was! Would highly recommend you book Melanie!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Details and Lace, LLC's reply:

Thank you Stephanie for your kind wordsI I absolutely loved being a part of your and Brian’s special day! I wish you both many happy adventures!

Emily · Married on 09/29/2018

Melanie was the best decision we made! I was planning my wedding from afar but she was always willing to talk on the phone and kept meticulous notes about all the details discussed. She maintained the perfect ratio of stern and sweet throughout the entire day. From getting to the venue extra early to make sure things were on schedule to shoving a cheese cube and water in my face during photos, Melanie was absolutely perfect. I simply could not have done it without her and cannot express how wonderful she is. She worked far beyond what was expected from her rate and was exceedingly professional throughout the entire process. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Anne · Married on 04/22/2018

Melanie was terrific! She met with us early on to assess where we were in planning, shared an on-line tool that was helpful, and was magnificent the day of the wedding. She stayed in contact via text, emails and calls, reassuring us as stress levels rose. We had to move the wedding indoors at the last minute and she did a wonderful job of taking care of decor, coordinating the venue and DJ and catered to our every need at the wedding and reception. I highly recommend Melanie and thank her for making our daughter's wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Breanna · Married on 04/08/2018

Melanie was an absolute blessing to my husband and me as our day-of coordinator!! She went above and beyond in everything from the very beginning. Her attention to detail, prompt responses to questions, and calming personality truly help get the job done. Melanie is extremely cool and collected under pressure (when things try to go wrong, she is right there making sure everything runs smoothly), and she is firm when necessary. She advocated for us to our vendors as we planned the final details, making sure we felt comfortable with every decision.

For example, on the day of our rehearsal, Melanie recognized there was an issue with the rental company's delivery time and placement of the ceremony arbor. She stayed late that evening (in the snow and wind) to make calls, draw a diagram, place markers in the ground, and ensure that the venue and the rental company were on the same page as we were with every detail of the ceremony setup. All-in-all, she gave my husband and me the mountain backdrop she knew we desired for our big day. :)

And during our formal pictures after the ceremony, she even covered me with her sweater to keep my shoulders warm in the cool weather.

We are so grateful to Melanie for the ways she cared for us throughout the process, making sure that our day could truly be about us and our new marriage. She serves with grace and patience, and never overlooks any detail.

Sent on 06/06/2018
  • Abbey

Abbey Mrochinski · Married on 07/26/2019

Wonderful experience! Hoping our paths cross again in the near future!!

Working with Melanie made our wedding planning experience and the celebration the day of even more special! She is kind-hearted, supportive, detail-oriented, friendly, and she absolutely genuinely loves her job and the couples and families she works with-- that is SO evident!! Melanie made sure our day ran smoothly from start to finish, and that my family members and I had plenty of help/time with her prior to the wedding to ask questions (from the time we hied her 4-5 mo. in advance all the way to the day of) and hash out details. She had great insight and organization/planning skills, but also was sure to focus on making the day exactly what my husband and I wanted it to be and helping our vision become a reality! I also loved having access to the Aisle Planer software through her. I think that you get much more than what you pay for if you choose to work with Melanie. She is now like a family friend more than just someone we hired to provide us a service, and for that we are so grateful. :) Thank you, Melanie, for absolutely everything!!! We love you!!

Sent on 09/16/2019