Destination Wedding Studio Reviews

138 | Key West, FL

138 Reviews for Destination Wedding Studio

Paige · Married on 10/05/2014

Peggy was an outstanding wedding planner. Being a destination wedding, it was difficult to envision how our venue would look on the day of our wedding. Peggy understood our concerns and worked hard to calm our worries. She was extremely flexible and receptive to our many ideas for the wedding and we could not imagine our wedding turning out as perfect as it did without all of her help. Thanks for everything Peggy!!!!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Dan · Married on 10/05/2014

Peggy did a wonderful job for our daughter's wedding it was absolutely fabulous and could not of asked for anything more

Sent on 10/12/2014

Gale · Married on 07/26/2014

Peggy was absolutely fabulous! Our daughter was married in Key West over the summer. The problems that we faced were that the bride was in London, the groom was a German living in Birmingham, UK, and we (mother and father of the bride) were in Texas. So.....this was definitely a real destination wedding with folks coming from different continents.

Peggy and I went over wedding details by telephone and email. She walked us through so many details and brought our attention to item that we hadn't even thought of. Our daughter and future husband a well as her future in laws and friends of the groom came in from Germany and stayed in Key Largo the week before the wedding. Peggy met us in Key Largo and we went over all of the last minute details and she made us feel relaxed. Peggy was on site by 11 am on the day of the wedding and oversaw and helped with the cocktail and dinner set up at the hotel. She also helped corral our guests onto the trolley to and from the church.

We loved Peggy and her calm personality and it not only helped but actually took all of our jitters away. I recommend anyone thinking of using Peggy - Destination Wedding Studio - to definitely use her.

Sent on 09/17/2014

I worked with Peggy @ Destination Wedding Studios for our July 2014 Wedding in the FL Keys. She was fantastic to work with, very outgoing, friendly and organized. She did the wedding planning and worked with all the local vendors - absolutely no problems and everything turned out so beautiful. Peggy also officiated the ceremony - she allowed me to put together my own ceremony (because i have experience with them and it was very important to me) and did a great job! The day of the wedding we did walk through of the ceremony, she went out of her way to make sure the bridal party knew what they were doing and stayed afterwards for a few to watch pictures and say hi to our guests. Working with Destination Studios was a great experience for me and I would recommend them to anyone doing a destination wedding in FL.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Cannot sing enough praises for Peggy and her team. Peggy took my vision and ran with it, you made our dream a reality.
    My husband and I wanted a wedding in the Florida Keys but were a bit apprehensive about planning such an important event remotely. I have to say that Peggy and her team put us at ease from the very begining of the planning process until the final goodbyes at our post wedding brunch. We were able to spend the weekend connecting with our friends and felt comfortable that the wedding team would take care of all of the details.
    Thank you Thank you to Peggy and Team for creating memories of a lifetime for me, my husband and our family.
    Sarah and Robert

Sent on 07/29/2014

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2014

Peggy made not just our Day but our whole week an amazing dream that led to our union and to the best memories ever. Since we live overseas (Germany), we asked Peggy to organize the complete week for our little group of 13 people. The journey was: 2 days in Miami, 2 days in Islamorada where we got married and 3 days in Key West. And Peggy took care of everything! And in an amazing way! All hotel, restaurant, activities, breakfast recommendations and travel arrangements. And of course the wedding day! Peggy surpassed, on that day our dreams totally, I would not change a thing, she made everything real and even more than the best dreams we had ever made! She advised getting married at the Cheeca Lodge on Islamorada on the way to Key West which was THE best idea and she organized there the most private and exclusive wedding ever: the set up, the scenery, the location (on the beach, private, away from anybody, with the ceremony and the dinner in the sand), the officiant, the very special Reverend Eddie, the amazing Kim and the Glam Squad who did an amazing job with us in the afternoon getting us all ready with fun and a lot of sincerity, the photographer, the steel drummer, the dinner, the cake, the flowers and table decoration.... All of it. This was private, sincere, real, exclusive. It was very special to be there the whole week, and to be able to totally let go the full organization to Peggy's experimented hands so we could enjoy every day and every moment. She was there the whole time, led us through it. I recommend Peggy to anybody who wants something real, not artificial, and who is ready for an amazing journey that will be way better and way more overwhelming that you could ever imagine. I love you Peggy! Stay who you are!

Sent on 06/27/2014

matthew · Married on 05/27/2014

Destination Wedding Studios organised our wedding for us in the Florida Keys. Our wedding planner was Peggy and she was fantastic. We live in the UK and the level of service we were given was amazing. Nothing we asked was too big or too small and communication was great. I would highly recommend using Destination Wedding Studio's.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Peggy is delightful to work with and a real pro! She handled every last detail of my daughters wedding allowing me to really enjoy the day.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Kelley · Married on 05/17/2014

My husband and I recently got married, and hired Peggy to assist us in planning and day of coordination. She was absolutely amazing and constantly went above and beyond. No little detail went missed. Peggy was extremely organized and dealt seamlessly with our vendors. In addition to this, Peggy's creative skill set is really what set her apart from other planners. She had such amazing and unique creative ideas. She was able to take the vision I had for my wedding and bring it to life in ways I could not have imagined! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for full service or even day of coordination. Brides, if you are even considering hiring a planner, do it! Bringing Peggy on to help us with our wedding was the best decision we made!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Amy · Married on 05/03/2014

Peggy is an absolutely amazing wedding planner. My husband Ben and I live in Chicago so it was importan that we had someone in Florida to manage every detail of our wedding. She did a wonderful job of making sure that all of our worries and concerns were taken care of at Hawk's Cay Resort when we could not be there to take care of things ourselves. We highly recommend Peggy as she went above and beyond to calm our nerves and make our wedding a beautiful success. We were very demanding as far as some of the specific things we wanted to incorporate into our wedding and she happily took care of everything while remaining amazingly patients. Also, she has a great eye for decorating and all of the advice she gave us was spot on for colors, arranging tables, etc. We are so thankful that Peggy was our wedding planner and are so grateful !

Sent on 09/07/2014

Peggy and the team at The Destination Wedding Studio were the absolute best! My husband and I were extremely nervous and reluctant to have a destination wedding at Hawks Cay in Duck Key, but the finished result was perfect. Needless to say everything was terrific better then we had expected thanks to Mrs. Peggy. She was our "day of coordinator" but she went above and beyond and walked us through absolutely everything. We are both from NY and not knowing anything about Duck Key/vendors, Peggy was extremely helpful every step of the way. All her preferred vendors that we hired for our event were professional, and they delivered what was contracted of them. No complaints! Not to mention the endless calls (at least 30 in a 3 month span) she was always there to pick up the phone and answer all our questions and/or concerns. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED! Thanks again Peggy for such a warm heart and an incredible wedding you made happen.

Sent on 07/04/2014

Jennifer · Married on 03/21/2014

Our wedding planner Peggy Russell was fantastic! We had never been to the resort at which we were having our wedding and so we were a bit nervous about what to expect. She was very reassuring throughout the process and gave us her honest feedback and suggestions which I came to trust in very much. She sent us pictures of our ceremony and reception sites so we could get a visual of the space to help ease our minds. She was also very much on top of things, always following up with me as well as the other vendors we were booking. I really couldn't have asked for a more wonderful experience with Peggy and her team. We highly recommend!

Sent on 04/01/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 02/18/2014

Peggy and her staff with the Destination Wedding Studios were absolutely wonderful!! Peggy made things absolutely flawless for our special romantic wedding on my husband's Birthday!! Our trip was relaxing and perfect as she handled every last detail beautifully and professionally! Thank you for making it so memorable!

Dr. and Mrs. John Oldham

Sent on 03/07/2014

Ashley · Married on 01/25/2014

Wow - where to begin. Peggy, is, in a word, AWESOME. From the first time I spoke with her approximately 15 months prior to our wedding, I felt comfortable with and felt like I knew her. She was always responsive and easy to work with, and I became more and more impressed with her the closer we got to the wedding and the more I worked with her. Her decor suggestions were amazing, her vendor suggestions were perfect, and together, I really felt like we built the wedding of our dreams at Hawks Cay. Peggy was organized, and I know worked her tail off day-of getting everything together so I could relax and enjoy the day as well. She's more like an aunt or a good friend than a wedding planner! Our ceremony was beautiful, and when I walked into our cocktail hour/reception space, my jaw just dropped because it was so amazing - all of our guests said it was perfect, and several commented it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever been to - including their own! Peggy took care of so many details, and I really felt went above and beyond to ensure we had our perfect day. There are really no words to describe how fabulous she is. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend her - Peggy, we <3 you!!!!

Sent on 01/29/2014

Cheryl · Married on 12/21/2013

Peggy our wedding planner was amazing from start to finish. She went above and beyond what we had contracted her for. On her own time she met me on various occasions near my home to help us plan the wedding. She had great ideas that I would never have thought of. When we sent her pictures of our, my daughter and I, wedding vision she was able to come up with ways to make it happen! For the 15 months that we worked with her we were always very happy with everything and everyone that she recommended.
    As the wedding was a destination wedding Peggy also stayed at the hotel for the weekend so she could over see everything. this reducing any stress that we had. When we walked into the outdoor pool area at Hawks Cay, Marathon Florida, for the reception we couldn't believed that it looked exactly as we had envisioned it and Peggy deserved most of the credit for this. I can't think of anything else to say other than we love her, she is the best. Thanks Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio!

Sent on 01/17/2014

Peggy Russell of Destination Wedding Studios was fantastic! She has a wonderful vision and guided me to make my day better than I ever imagined. Peggy is very positive, professional, kind and accommodating. She had wonderful connections in the wedding industry and had many creative ideas that made my day unique. Peggy felt like a family member at my wedding. I would 100% recommend Peggy to any bride out there considering hiring a wedding planner. Thank you Peggy! We all miss you!

Sent on 02/08/2014

Alexandra · Married on 09/14/2013

Peggy was absolutely wonderful to work with for my wedding and I’m 100% confident that my wedding would not have been as magical if it had not been for Peggy as everything ran 110% smoothly – my husband and I were able to completely enjoy our wedding without having to worry about a single thing. We were married at the Biltmore Hotel in Miami in September of 2013 and we used Peggy’s services as a “Day of Coordinator” however she went above and beyond by making sure we were on track every step of the way.

I found Peggy through a friend of mine who highly recommended her and I’m so glad I followed her advice. Peggy was always professional, accessible, and helpful. If there was anything that did not go accordingly at the wedding, I didn’t have any idea since I know Peggy handled everything flawlessly. She was open to ideas, very patient and always calm under any circumstance. I highly recommend using Peggy’s services – she is fantastic

Sent on 11/11/2013

Adam & Suellen · Married on 09/01/2013

Peggy and the DWS team were absolutely outstanding to work with throughout the planning and execution of our wedding. As an organizer, Peggy is the consummate professional – responsive, thoughtful and easy to work with. We planned our wedding quickly – in less than 3 months – and remotely. Peggy listened to us first, then offered her experience and expertise on which choices would be best for our ideas. It worked out beautifully and was executed flawlessly. Peggy has built great relationships with all of the vendors we worked with as well as the venue and they were clearly one team working for us to make our wedding day the best it could be. Our entire wedding weekend was completely stress-free because we knew that Peggy and her team were taking care of everything. Our guests and our parents even commented on how smoothly things went and how involved Peggy was in the smallest details. We would highly recommend Peggy's services to anyone planning a wedding in South Florida and the Keys.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Julie · Married on 08/31/2013

Peggy was amazing! She was knowledgeable, responsive, pleasant to work with, and meticulous as to every detail of our wedding. Our wedding was in the Keys and we are from Jacksonville, which I thought would make planning difficult, but Peggy handled everything professionally and thought of every last detail.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Laurenmarie · Married on 08/10/2013

I found Peggy at destination wedding studio after conducting an extensive search online for 'the best wedding planner in Key West' ... and that is exactly what she was. I had an awful experience with a vender for my wedding in Key West (at the time I did not have a wedding planner). Exactly 5 months before the wedding ... after the save the dates had already gone out ... our vender called and informed us that a 'bigger wedding' had been scheduled for the same day and cancelled our wedding reservations. That is when I did my research and found Peggy. She was absolutely amazing. My entire family (including my Husband) fell in love with her. She recommended a new vender after our horrible experience...and everything went off without even a little hiccup. Our wedding day was almost destroyed -- until Peggy came into our lives and made it absolutely perfect. Her set up and the decorations she recommended were absolutely gorgeous. I cannot say enough about Peggy because without her our wedding would have been an absolute disaster. But instead she made it be the best, most beautiful day of our lives. Maybe I am biased because it was our wedding...but I have heard it from many of the 43 guests that attended as well...it was the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to...and I owe it all to Peggy at Destination Wedding Studio. I would HIGHLY recommend her and her services to anyone planning on having a destination wedding.

Sent on 08/29/2013
  • Abbey

Abbey · Married on 08/08/2013

Peggy at Destination Wedding Studio is fabulous! We met her while signing our venue contract (she happened to be working a wedding later that day and was able to stop by), and we knew that she would help us create the magical day that we were envisioning. We used her Lady In Waiting package, where you can use her as much or as little as you'd like, and we couldn't be happier. We spoke on the phone and emailed often, and she had us fill out "homework" about ourselves, our vision for our wedding, and send her some pictures of both us and any inspirations, and she took it from there, while continually checking in the ensure that we were all on the same page. I had purchased lanterns for my centerpieces, but as we moved along in the planning process, Peggy mentioned that from what she was hearing from me about my vision for the reception, that the lanterns by themselves would not have enough presence, and asked for permission to captain the reception decor. I gave her permission and she got together with the florist and they took it from there. There were times along the way that I was a little nervous, because Peggy had a creative vision in mind that I was having trouble envisioning without seeing it, but she assured me that she was following MY vision, and she was correct! When my husband and I walked into the ballroom for the reception for the first time, I was literally speechless. Peggy had heard and realized my vision even more than I had. I could not have dreamed for a more beautiful ballroom, and it featured everything I had wanted and more.

Another example is that during the reception, our guests didn't realize that we wanted them to sign a coffee table book as our guest book, and when Peggy realized it, she took it around to each table and had them sign it. If you want someone who will genuinely take your vision and make your wedding yours, Peggy is for you.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Cheryl · Married on 06/14/2013

Peggy and her team were absolutely wonderful. Her responsiveness, suggestions and caring personality truly made a huge difference in the entire planning process and more importantly on the big day. All we had to do was show up, Destination Weddings took care of all the details so we got to enjoy every moment of the special day. Thanks Peggy!

Sent on 07/25/2013

Joseph · Married on 06/02/2013

My Wife and I reviewed a variety of Internet sites and interviewed about four wedding planners. Minutes into the conversation with Peggy from Destination Wedding Studios my Wife and I knew she was going to be our wedding planner. Peggy was sincere, creative, and patient; just the kind of person an anxiety riddled couple needed to get us through the months of planning. She gave us confidence that her services were legitimate, and that our wedding would be wonderful.

We arrived in Key West 2 days before the wedding and the weather was beautiful. The plan was to have a beach wedding then take our guests back to a large house we rented for an outdoor reception. The weather forecast foretold that the first named tropical storm of the year: Tropical Storm Andrea was to hit on the day of our wedding. Potential for Bridezilla to emerge: Maximum.

Peggy highly recommended Catered Affairs of Key West. The caterer generously offered up their La Trattoria Oceanside location which was a beautiful restaurant that overlooked the ocean. Skip ahead: the space the beautiful, the ceremony was WAY better inside in the air condition overlooking the beach (without getting sand in places better not named), and the food was perfect. While we couldn't have the beach wedding we dreamed of, in retrospect the evening couldn't have turned out any better.

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studios were everything we could have asked for and more, and worth every penny. She performed our wedding ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful. She averted several crises and for that we owe her our sincerest gratitude. Most importantly Peggy's services allowed my bride to not worry about anything, which in turn led her to beam that beautiful smile of hers which made me know I made the best decision of my life.

Sent on 06/22/2013

Robert · Married on 06/01/2013

I cant imagine what the planning would have been like without Peggy. She made the planning enjoyable, responded quickly, and had a great deal of knowledge. Working with her was a pleasure!

Sent on 08/01/2013

We could not have ask for a better wedding planner. Peggy Russell was absolutely amazing in every sense of the word. We were more than satisfied with everything. She took our ideas and dreams and brought them to life with a beautiful ceremony and reception. We definitely recommend Peggy for anyone's destination wedding.

Sent on 06/16/2013