117 Reviews for Destination Wedding Studio

Full Planning (3)
Timelines (3)
Religious (1)
117 Destination Wedding Studio Reviews

Peggy and her team are a true DREAM, as well as wedding savers! My husband and I were supposed to wed in 2017, but due to Hurricane Irma we were forced to post pone. Originally, we worked with another planning team and switched to Peggy and DWS because of the poor service we received initially. Oh my gosh, it was the BEST decision we could have made! Peggy will make sure that your day goes by flawlessly, from coordinating rentals (picking them up for you even!), finding vendors for you, making sure you get a good deal, you name it! She does it, and all with a smile. She was more than just a wedding planner to us, she made sure that our voices were heard and that our day truly reflected who we are as a couple. Do not look around at any other planners in the area! Trust me, I started with another and was so happy that I ended up with the DWS team. Book them now!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Religious

Peggy saved my sanity and wedding after having to change my original ceremony/reception location due to Irma. She talked me through all of my concerns and questions until we found another location that we were sure would be equivalent to our original choice. She is excellent at communicating and following every intimate detail of how you are wanting your day to go. She helped to turn my dreams into a reality while still keeping everything within our budget. From the bottom of my heart Peggy, thank you for all of your hard work and taking the stress out of the planning process and day for me.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 2/8/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, Referrals, Destination

Destination Wedding Studio was a dream to work with!
My daughter Julia had a clear vision of how she wanted her Islamorada beach wedding to look and feel.
Peggy not only brought this vision to life, she offered design and styling ideas which truly made the setting exceptional. From the smallest decorating detail, to the ingenious floor plan design, the wedding was flawless. Peggy has the eye of an artist, the organization skills of mastermind, and a warm hearted, calm nature that made it all seem so easy. I cannot recommend Destination Wedding Planning highly enough!

Profile Picture Leesa, 2/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

When we decided to get married in Key West, it was very important to find the right partner as our wedding planner to bring the best styling, decor and design vision available to the mix -- not simply someone who would look for my direction and then implement, which I think is pretty easy to find amongst the many planners in Key West, but rather someone who could take our vision, theme and desires and turn it into something better than we could even imagine. In Peggy Russell and DWS, we found such a partner. Not only was Peggy spot on with every vendor she recommended (and they all love working with her, which helps immensely in bringing together an incredible day/event), but she also delivered the most gorgeous wedding we could have imagined. People often say - "something always goes wrong with a wedding" -- well, I can honestly say that not only did nothing go wrong, but it was better and more seamless than expected. The working collaboration in the months leading up to the event were a great balance of give and take -- one of my favorite working sessions was with Peggy and the florist (Duarte) and they so impressed me with their creativity and style; I knew at that moment that they were experts in their craft. On the day of, we were able to soak in every second of our celebration -- to enjoy every detail, ever beautiful flower and detail on our incredible dinner table, dancing with our guests and watching everyone be delighted and charmed with the design elements and overall feel, while not having to sweat the details because Peggy and her assistant were on top of everything. I can't say enough about how great this partnership was -- when you see the pictures of how gorgeous her decor and design has been for weddings, know that she will do that for you and more in line with your own inspiration and style.

Thank you Peggy!!! You're the best.

Profile Picture Zoe, 11/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Peggy Russell with her team (Destination Wedding Studio) was my wedding planner for my wedding in Islamorada, FL on 11/18/17. My wedding was a weekend event. It started Friday with a welcome dinner, Saturday church wedding and reception, and Sunday farewell brunch. Peggy and her team helped me coordinate and plan all of these events. We started planning everything in July of 2017 so we only had 5 months to put everything together. I most say that Peggy was amazing throughout the whole process. She helped me find vendors for everything I wanted, she didn't push anyone on me so I felt comfortable following her advice since I felt she had my best interest at heart. She then helped put together the whole timeline for the 3 days and make sure all the little details (and there are a million of them) were all taken care off. She also helped deal with my fiance (now husband) who was being a complete groom-zilla. She knew everyone and every place in the Keys which was super helpful because she was able to ask for favors or give recommendations for everything we needed. At the end I had my fairy tale wedding, I seriously couldn't have asked for a better wedding and a big part of it was all due to Peggy's work. In conclusion, I highly recommend her services, she is super competent, professional and cares so much about her brides. She told me many times that she loves all her brides and her main job is "watching over their heart" and that is completely true since it showed with all her work and dedication.

Profile Picture Maria, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews

Nov 18th, 2017 - Jersey Bride - Key West Wedding

I honestly don't know where to start. The whole wedding process can be a bit stressful however everything pulled together perfectly and I know it was because I hired the right wedding planner. Prior to talking with Peggy (Destination Wedding Studios) I made a few other phone calls but was constantly rushed off the phone. What a relief when I finally got Peggy on the phone. Our initial conversation was about 30 minutes talking about ideas and options, going through photos and discussing my vision. She completely understood what I wanted and my goodness, she pulled it together perfectly. Her design was exactly what I dreamed about and more.

A quick note to a new bride. No matter who you hire as your planner you will have to contact different vendors (DJ, photographer, hair and make-up) and find who works best with you. Peggy does provide a vendor list however take the time to research. Once you hire everyone Peggy will take over. She will set timelines with everyone and will communicate with everyone for the big day. Your only job will be to show up at the wedding. This was such a relief because once I arrived in Key West I did not want to do anything except enjoy my vacation and my wedding weekend. In terms of your wedding design please let her do her thing. I promise you wont be disappointed. She picked out the most beautiful chargers and linens and design elements. Everyone at my wedding said it looked like a pintrest wedding. Peggy also hooked me up with a fantastic florist (Monika with Duarte Floral Design) who I highly recommend. Peggy and Monika worked simultaneously together designing hanging structures, center pieces, lanterns.

Even with the stress of Hurricane Irma we pulled through and that weekend was the best weekend of my life. I am so grateful for Peggy and her team - xox Penny :) for making my entire weekend a weekend to remember. I can't believe it's over.

Photo
Profile Picture Christina, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

It is as simple as this...Peggy is worth her weight in gold, diamonds, platinum...you name it! There is nothing easy about planning a wedding, however when doing it thousands of miles away from the intended venue there can be a few spanners in the works to keep you on your toes. The biggest of these spanners being hurricane Irma. Myself and my now husband, Andy, had always planned to get hitched in the Florida Keys. A slight snag in our planning was that we live in Northern Ireland. This meant finding the perfect wedding planner was always a necessity, and no-one was recommended as highly as Peggy Russell. Her sense of style, vision and simply her personable nature made everything easy and straightforward. From our first conversation Peggy made me feel at ease and I knew we were in a very capable pair of hands. Everything was running smoothly, until 4 weeks prior to the wedding Irma devastated our venue and suddenly we had 50+ people flying from the UK/Ireland with no wedding to attend. Peggy to the rescue! With the help of the staff at our original venue (Hawk's Cay Resort) a new location was found and sussed out by Peggy within days. When it looked like we would have to abandon our wedding in paradise, Peggy was always at the end of a phone or email offering support and reassurance. She turned everything around within 48 hours, having met with the event staff at the new venue (Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne - who I also could not praise enough) and found new vendors. At the outset Peggy promised me my 'dream wedding' and despite everything, she MORE THAN DELIVERED! If you are looking for a wedding planner, then I suggest look no further. Peggy is dynamic, creative, professional and all round fabulous.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Peggy went above and beyond her role as our Day-Of Coordinator. We began weekly phone calls to discuss details and the timeline about 2 months before the big day.

Hurricane Irma hit Key West less than a month before our wedding and for a couple weeks we didn't know if we would be able to pull it off. Peggy was absolutely amazing in calming my nerves, easing my stress, and even found us a Plan B venue just in case.

Luckily we were able to get married in Key West and Peggy totally brought my wedding day vision to life! She is so talented, kind, organized, creative and has the biggest heart. We can't thank Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio enough for making everything so perfect!

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I will go ahead and echo everyone who has reviewed Peggy and her team at Destination Wedding Studio, they made our day simply amazing! I am a CONTROL freak, and super anal retentive so I can tell you she is quite adept at dealing with multiple personalities and she has an amazingly calming presence!

Planning a destination wedding can be tough, and Peggy was able to outline every detail prior to for us to make sure all of our i's were dotted and our t's were crossed. She does a majority of the weddings at Hawk's Cay so we felt at ease with how well they knew the staff and the property as well.

I had a general idea of what I wanted, but Peggy was able to reign in all the images I had in my head to create an extremely classy design! She has the vision you need whether you want to retain some or most of the creative control or you would like her to take care of it completely! She was also AMAZING at helping me work within my decorating budget.

We had some very minor issues pop up during the event and they were able to handle them without us even realizing it was happening! On top of that they took care of our family as if they were their own! Can't say enough about Peggy and her husband, such amazing people with the biggest hearts!

Profile Picture Jess, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Destination Weddings was an amazing event planning organization to work with. They brought our wedding vision to a reality and it was such a joy to work with Peggy Russell. She knows how to get things done, is flexible, reliable and a true joy to work with. It was a phenomenal experience.

Profile Picture Amy, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding was perfect thanks to Peggy Russell of Destination Wedding Studio.
We had the most beautiful wedding. Peggy is very professional, kind and lovely to work with. Peggy took the time to learn our story, which made us feel blessed.
We wanted only the best and the wedding planning and design far exceeded our expectations. Being perfectionists we knew planning our wedding would be a difficult task but Peggy was very accommodating and worked with us down to the finest detail all from the other side of the world. Peggy brought our dream wedding to life and words can’t express how perfect everything was. Peggy gave great advice and everyone who attended was extremely impressed with the result. The organization was impeccable and made our special day so relaxing, it was a dream come true. Peggy and her team made our wedding magical.

Profile Picture Gabriela, 5/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

There aren't enough words to express my gratitude and happiness for all of the work done by Peggy at Destination Wedding Studio. I referred to her as my "superhero" because that's exactly what she is...she can do it all! I planned my Key West wedding almost solely via the internet as my husband and I live in London. I picked the "lady in waiting" package, which was perfect for me because I liked being as involved as possible but also needed a lot of advice having 1) never done this before! and 2) being so far from Key West, I appreciated having someone be my "boots on the ground". Peggy was always available, whether by email or phone, and somehow was always awake when I needed her! The time difference was no issue and she was always there for a (very) early morning call if I needed to talk something through. She is extremely creative, kind and an amazing sounding board. I imagine at times she felt like my therapist (wedding planning was more hectic than I thought!), but she was always happy to help and extremely reassuring. Peggy also has great relationships with all of the local vendors, so definitely take her advice on who is right for you. When she says "they are the best", they truly are! The day of the wedding was more than a dream come true. It was better than anything my husband and I could've imagined. I definitely think it's worth having Peggy help with decor, especially if you're like me and not 100% sure what you wanted (I only had a basic vision). The decor was absolutely stunning and executed perfectly. All of my guests raved that it was the most amazing wedding they had been to...and I can't thank Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio team enough for it! Absolutely magical...THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Kate, 5/7/17, 13 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Referrals

I will be echoing everyone else's sentiments here and say that Peggy and her team are fantastic. Peggy's design sense is unparalleled and her ability to understand my vision at the very beginning meant that every detail was executed to a tee. More importantly, she has a "can do" attitude that put me at ease and made the planning process much more pleasant. The DWS team made my wedding come to life in ways I could have never imagined and I can honestly say that they were invaluable to my sanity and enjoyment the day of. I highly recommend Peggy and her team, they were hands down the best investment I made!!

Profile Picture Laurie, 4/29/17, 1 Review

Profile Picture Laurie, 4/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Destination, Ceremony, Reception

We first met Peggy as a planner for our intimate wedding package at Hawks Cay Resort in November 2016. She was so caring and responsive and planned everything so nicely that we hired her for our "bigger" reception in April 2017 in Hemingway Home.
And I must say Peggy is a true artist, she has exquisite taste and she did the most beautiful and tasteful decorations I've ever seen. My husband is from the hospitality industry himself, so he had very high standards in table settings, but he was so happy with what she did, and our guests were amazed and everyone took pictures of the table and floral arrangements! We both were so pleased working with her, she is almost like an auntie or a close relative that takes such a great care of you and she definitely became someone very meaningful to us throughout the process. She also helped us to pick perfect vendors, we were satisfied with everyone.
Highly recommend Peggy for weddings in Keys, which she is extremely knowledgeable about.

Profile Picture Barbara, 4/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

From the moment we found our venue to the day of our beautiful wedding, Peggy from Destination Wedding Studio was with us every step of the way. As a bride who didn’t necessarily know all the details that I wanted and also didn’t have a specific “vision” in mind, Peggy was able to make me feel at ease and bring together the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen (I may be biased but our guests thought so too!). Every detail was perfection and meaningful to us as a couple which was something that was very important to us. Our intimate beach reception looked like something straight from a magazine and it was more than I could have ever hoped for.

Every vendor we chose during the process had the same response: “I love working with Peggy” and my husband and I were able to see that the way that everyone came together and worked so seamlessly the day of the wedding. The week before the wedding all vendors were contacted by Peggy with timelines and locations and I did not once have to think about whether someone would be there , who was meeting them or what location they were going to be in. As a bride it was the least stressful experience I could have imagined.

I can not recommend Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio team highly enough. Their mission statement “we will watch over your heart” could not be truer. I am so thankful I trusted Peggy with our “heart” to bring together the gorgeous beach wedding of our dreams.

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Coming from Maryland I knew that I would need a wedding planner to help with my wedding in the Florida Keys. I am so happy and grateful that I came across Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio! I never had much of a vision for my wedding day, and Peggy did an incredible job of turning my vague ideas into an amazingly beautiful wedding. Despite the fact that I gave her very little direction, my wedding ended up looking like something from Pinterest or a bridal magazine! Not to mention, there was very little stress and effort on my part. I kept wondering what I was doing wrong- shouldn't I be feeling more stress?? Peggy was always accessible to me via phone and email, despite my odd work hours. Peggy took great care of us, and all I had to do on the day of was show up to my wedding on time. No worrying about vendors, flowers, or anything else. Everything went flawlessly and my guests were in awe by the wedding table. I can tell that Peggy treats each wedding as if it were her own family's! Truly my only regret is not getting in touch with her before I spent hours and hours searching for the right venue in Florida. I really cannot say enough about Peggy and would encourage anyone who is planning a wedding in the Florida Keys to use her services.

Profile Picture Heather, 2/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio were great! From the first time I met Peggy, she understood our vision completely; it was meant to be. Her architectural background really makes her special, as she understands the space, has great taste, and a keen eye. We mostly worked over the phone and via e-mail and everything still turned out perfectly. The wedding turned out amazing, and everyone is still talking about it months later!

Profile Picture User7931253, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

As the mother of the bride, I was blown away by Peggy's professionalism and thoroughness. She was calming and assured me that she was going to handle everything. I was able to enjoy my daughter's wedding and know that all the details were taken care of.

Profile Picture June, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We chose Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio because when I called around to talk to wedding planners, Peggy was the only one who immediately started helping me, without the promise that I would be using her. The other recommended wedding planners gave me their prices and would not answer any questions when I was feeling most anxious about my wedding which I was trying to plan in a mere three months. Peggy is very creative and an incredibly flexible. She has great ideas and good suggestions for vendors. I chose the "day of" package but Peggy spent countless hours communicating with me via email and phone calls before the big day (I think she prefers phone calls) . I didn't have to worry about anything on the big day, as Peggy had it all under control and I had developed a trusting relationship with her by that time. My only regret is not inquiring more about her "design package", as I have seen beautiful pictures of the weddings that she has designed (florals, table settings, etc.), and I was really stressing about designing my own florals and table arrangements without any experience! Even though I didn't have her design my wedding, she did help to adjust the flowers as needed for the reception, which was above and beyond! Thank you Peggy!

Profile Picture Brooke, 8/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Peggy is wonderful. I felt like part of her family. I was able to relax and enjoy my day.

Profile Picture Robbin, 7/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Peggy and her team did an awesome job as our wedding planner, everything went off without a hitch. I would advise anyone that is having a wedding in the keys to hire this vendor for all your wedding planning, you wont be sorry. The destination team takes all the stress out of the wedding day and gives you and your family the flexibility and time to enjoy all the wedding bliss!

Profile Picture karen, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Peggy Russell and the Destination Wedding Studio team made our wedding day more magical than we ever dreamed. Peggy was amazing from the very first phone call and responded to my inquiry immediately. We were looking to keep our wedding intimate, simple, and within budget. Other than that, I wasn't too concerned with details like the color of the chargers or the exact flower type in my bouquet or style of chair cover we used. I had seen some of Peggy's work online and just by talking to her and hearing about her background in design, I knew she could take my (somewhat vague) vision and make it happen. She asked for some of my wedding inspiration, so I sent her pictures of my dress, screen shots from Pinterest and Etsy - a total of about 8 pictures. From that point, I TRUSTED Peggy to make all design choices. She chose the florist and rental company and worked with them to make my vision happen. When I arrived at the Hemingway Home on my wedding day the setting literally took my breath away. It was perfect. Right down to the last detail. She is a true artist. And allowing Peggy the artistic freedom to make design choices, allowed me to focus on and enjoy my engagement rather than become stressed with small details. I would highly recommend Peggy and the DWS team to anyone looking to get married in the Keys.

Profile Picture Kristie, 6/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I don't even know where to begin. Working with Peggy and the team was such an amazing experience. We were taken through every step with such care and detail making our big day such a stress free event!

You will have a consultation with Peggy to start things off. She has a whole check list of items that you probably didn't think of and makes sure that you get exactly what you want. We selected the day of package which is not just day of and it was perfect for us.

The week before the wedding, Peggy was always able to be reached and was very involved. I felt so taken care of and stress free that I almost felt like I was doing something wrong lol

I would highly recommend this service to any bride coming from out of town. They know every resort and vendor and will make great recommendations for you. We can't thank you guys enough!

Profile Picture Kait, 6/18/16, 14 Reviews