Destination Wedding Studio Reviews

Destination Wedding Studio 7
  • Nicole

Nicole · Getting married on 03/14/2020

Mother of the bride

When my niece got married a couple of years ago, Peggy was a life saver. I won’t go into details, but there was a hurricane that year and we didn’t know if we would be able to get into Key West, but Peggy had it all under control. So When my daughter got engaged, Peggy was the first contact I made and that was the best thing I could have done. She is amazing! She guided us every step of the way. She really listens to your dream and makes it happen. Any time my daughter or I would feel stressed, Peggy, with all her experience and love for what she does, always knew exactly what to say or do to calm us down. The day of the wedding, when we finally saw the finished product, we were amazed at how absolutely perfectly she made my daughter and son in law’s vision come to life. It was everything they had imagined and more!! She is truly the best!!! Trust me, I could never have done this without her.

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Denise

Denise Gross · Married on 08/11/2019

Amazing!!!

Peggy Russell was my day of wedding planner at Hawks Cay. But she went above and beyond. She ended up being my florist and designed my table scape. I had a florist but last minute had to cut my budget and Peggy stepped in and did it better than I could have imagined. The flowers were exquisite. She also was the officiant for the ceremony and everything she said was perfect for our relationship and the type of ceremony we had envisioned. Destination weddings is a great choice for a wedding planner.

Sent on 10/18/2019
    Destination Wedding Studio 15
    Destination Wedding Studio 16
  • · Married on 05/27/2019

Spectacular

Amazing service and spectacular design. My wedding was better than I imagined because of the work and the vendors that Destination Wedding Studios put into making it happen! photo credits to: Bob and Mariela care @ care studios.

Sent on 10/18/2019
    Destination Wedding Studio 17

Adrian · Married on 05/14/2019

Peggy is The Boss!

Having Peggy on board simplifies absolutely everything. She helped us put together a dreamlike wedding.

She gives her 100% , truly cares about details and makes sure all is executed perfectly.

Sent on 06/08/2019

Nicole Barreto · Married on 05/10/2019

The best ever!

There are not enough words to describe how amazing working with Peggy from Destination Wedding Studio was. My experience was better than I could ever imagine. Peggy made exactly what we wanted come to life in the most perfect way. Anytime I met with her and spoke with her she has this way of calming every single one of your nerves and made me feel like I had absolutely nothing to worry about. She made my wedding experience and my wedding day a pure fairytale dream! I am so going to miss working with her, she truly makes you feel like your part of her family! I love you Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio! Thank you for making my dream come true!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Lindsey · Married on 04/27/2019

The best!!

When I arrived at our wedding venue I was absolutely amazed. Peggy really does take your vision and goes above and beyond. I did the "lady in waiting" package and it was perfect for me. For the design, I had a good idea of what I wanted, but Peggy really brought it to life and knew all the best vendors to work with. I spent so many nights talking with her on the phone looking through plates, linens and florals. She has such a great eye and would recommend things that I wouldn't have thought of. She is also so positive and so nice to work with. A week before our wedding it was looking like a huge storm was going to come in. Our wedding was supposed to be completely outside and I immediately started to panic, but Peggy stayed so calm and started planning the rain back up. It ended up being perfect weather, but im sure if it rained she still would have found a way to make it beautiful. Peggy is the absolute best in Key West and she will make your wedding your dream day. (photography by Care Studios)

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Destination Wedding Studio 18
    Destination Wedding Studio 19
    Destination Wedding Studio 20

Laura · Married on 04/07/2019

The Best IN KW

Peggy is the best wedding planner out there. She goes above and beyond to help you and meet your needs. She took care of things on the wedding day that I didn't even know about until afterwards. She gives great guidance, has a good relationship with the local vendors, and is honest. She is trustworthy and cares about her clients.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Natalie · Married on 02/17/2019

Above and Beyond!

I can't rave enough about Peggy, Chuck, and Alex! We only had the day of package but I felt confident with the big day with Peggy's helpful advice. Her wisdom made everything go so effortlessly I was truly blown away with how carefree I felt the day of. Planning a destination wedding is no easy feat but their whole team is really there for you every step of the way.

Sent on 02/26/2019
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 01/05/2019

Wedding of my Dreams

Peggy and her team made my dream come to life on my wedding day/weekend! I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding especially in Key West she knew the vendors well and had great recommendations. I also would recommend the couples visit Key West a couple months before the wedding to go over last things such as food tasting and venue/decoration set-up it makes things less stressful and more enjoyable being able to visit each vendor and meet with Peggy and her team. My wedding day was everything I could dream of and more and I could not have done it without Peggy at Destination Studio!!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Kristina,
    your vision and creative heart was our inspiration!!! Your dress was to die for and your New Orleans 2nd line was the icing on the cake!!
  • Ileana

Ileana · Married on 11/17/2018

Peggy & Chuck are THE BEST!

We were so happy to have gotten to work with Peggy and Chuck. Peggy made sure to be on top of every detail of our wedding and worked with our budget. Chuck was our officiant and I can't rave enough about the beauty of the ceremony he performed. It was very windy that day and I ended up having to take my veil off in the middle of the ceremony. I had no place to put it so Chuck immediately took it and held it for me until the end of the ceremony. Peggy called me the day after the wedding to get a quick assessment from me and I thought that was very telling of the type of people we were working with. They had our backs and we felt they genuinely cared. Thank you both!

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 10/21/2018

Wedding of my dreams

Peggy and her team truly out did themselves. As a hospitality professional, I have worked with many wedding planners in my years. Peggy, from day one, was the most professional, attentive, supportive and creative of them all. So I just knew I had to have her for myself one day. Honestly, I did not stress once while knowing she in charge and THE DAY went off without a single hitch. If you want to have a stress free and gorgeous wedding, she is your gal! We love her so much, she is part of our family!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Roxanne Rao · Married on 09/29/2018

The wedding is phenomenal

I truly can't say enough wonderful things about Peggy and the entire team at Destination Wedding Studio. Choosing Destination Wedding Studio and working with Peggy was the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding planning & preparation process.
    Peggy was on top of everything, creative, artistic, communicative, kind, knowledgeable, professional and flexible. From our first call, she took the time to get to know us and understood the vision of what we wanted for our most important day of life. She helped us with vendor selections, communicated with all the vendors, handled all the details, and went through the arrangements many times before the wedding day to make sure everything sounded good to me. On the day of the event, Peggy was present and active, we didn't have to worry about a single thing. Everything was taken care of, smooth and seamless, and we just enjoyed our big day with our guests.
    I also have to give a shout out to Peggy and the florist Duarte Floral Design for the stunning wedding decor. They turned my abstract ideas into reality, and it was more beautiful than I could ever imagine!
    We felt so lucky to have Peggy. She made us stay positive, organized and relaxed. The guests all said it was a big success and the most beautiful wedding they'd attended.
    Thank you Peggy and the whole Destination team! We highly recommend Destination Wedding Studio to all the future brides and grooms who would like a wedding at Key West.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Ahhhhh Roxanne...
    Thank you so much for these kind words. What an honor it was to be a part of your 'oh so' special day. It was exquisite. Sending so much love and gratitude! Peggy and the team at DWS
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/12/2018

Peggy and her team are a true DREAM, as well as wedding savers! My husband and I were supposed to wed in 2017, but due to Hurricane Irma we were forced to post pone. Originally, we worked with another planning team and switched to Peggy and DWS because of the poor service we received initially. Oh my gosh, it was the BEST decision we could have made! Peggy will make sure that your day goes by flawlessly, from coordinating rentals (picking them up for you even!), finding vendors for you, making sure you get a good deal, you name it! She does it, and all with a smile. She was more than just a wedding planner to us, she made sure that our voices were heard and that our day truly reflected who we are as a couple. Do not look around at any other planners in the area! Trust me, I started with another and was so happy that I ended up with the DWS team. Book them now!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Malissa · Married on 04/14/2018

Peggy was my wedding planner for my wedding! She did an awesome job at creating the wedding of my dreams! , and made me feel absolutely relaxed on the most important day of my life! She became a friend and not just a planner to me. She took time to get to know me. I’m so grateful for her talent! Honestly she was such a huge part of making my day come together seemlessly!

Sent on 09/27/2018
    Destination Wedding Studio 21
    Destination Wedding Studio 22

Malissa...
    Your wedding was such a dream come true! Thank you for trusting me and my team to help you along the way. Sending you guys so much love! xoxoxoxoxo

Alyssa · Married on 04/07/2018

My dream wedding and my dream planning experience! I owe the most amazing weekend of my life to Peggy from DWS. from Texas and my now husband (whoop!) is from the U.K. but we live and were planning our Key West wedding from Australia (Perth, which couldn't be farther). I actually don't know where to begin with my overwhelming praise to give to Peggy. I guess to start I kept thinking if she could just do what she did for other people, for me, I'd be happy. '
    I booked Peggy for full planning as planning from that far was going to be super hard. As well as everyone I know assumed I'd be the biggest bridezilla (thanks for the confidence fam). Let me just say - she is worth every cent, penny and dollar. I was the most relaxed bride (from start to finish) because of her. First, she made planning effortless. When we made a trip to Key West 6 months before the wedding to vacay and plan. She booked all of our wedding appointments for us. She gave us insight to the BEST vendors in the area - couldn't be happier with every single one.
    When I said I'd be happy with the other weddings she has styled - I was totally wrong. Peggy is more than "cookie cutter" she is an artist and creator. She made MY wedding dreams come true and made everything so personal and brought a perfect vision to life!
    Most importantly I couldn't have been more relaxed on our big day knowing Peggy was there. She had proved to me over and over to really trust her and I knew no matter what happened (as in my dress train turned black during my first look, hours before my ceremony) everything was going to be perfect. And it was - I couldn't have cared less for anything that went wrong (which is inevitable). I owe it to Peggy. No one ever called me bridezilla. I thought about nothing on our day but marrying the man of my dreams and having the BEST time with family and friends. She made magic that night and everyone could feel it. Thank you Peggy, for the most Magical night of our lives. - A&B Simmons

Sent on 04/17/2018
    Destination Wedding Studio 23
    Destination Wedding Studio 24
    Destination Wedding Studio 25
    Destination Wedding Studio 26

Stephanie · Married on 02/08/2018

Peggy saved my sanity and wedding after having to change my original ceremony/reception location due to Irma. She talked me through all of my concerns and questions until we found another location that we were sure would be equivalent to our original choice. She is excellent at communicating and following every intimate detail of how you are wanting your day to go. She helped to turn my dreams into a reality while still keeping everything within our budget. From the bottom of my heart Peggy, thank you for all of your hard work and taking the stress out of the planning process and day for me.

Sent on 02/16/2018

Leesa · Married on 02/03/2018

Destination Wedding Studio was a dream to work with!
    My daughter Julia had a clear vision of how she wanted her Islamorada beach wedding to look and feel.
    Peggy not only brought this vision to life, she offered design and styling ideas which truly made the setting exceptional. From the smallest decorating detail, to the ingenious floor plan design, the wedding was flawless. Peggy has the eye of an artist, the organization skills of mastermind, and a warm hearted, calm nature that made it all seem so easy. I cannot recommend Destination Wedding Planning highly enough!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Leesa,
    This is one of the nicest reviews we've ever received. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are were such a joy to work with. Here's to a lifetime of love and adventure for Julia and Shane! All our love, the DWS Team
  • Laurie

Laurie · Married on 12/10/2017

Peggy is just AMAZING!!!

Do not get married without Peggy and her team!!! She was an instrumental part of our special day last December and it would not have been the same without her. We were married at Smathees Beach and had our intimate wedding reception at a cute B&B in Key West, Peggy and her design team created all the decor and beautiful flower arrangements to go with our theme, it was better than I could have ever imagined! She was our wedding officiant and we cherish how sweet and thoughtful our ceremony was, our guests were just awed by the ceremony itself! And, Peggy did a great job of organizing and coordinating everything, I had absolutely no stress the entire weekend because we knew we were in great hands!!! The best thing Peggy did, help keep me calm during a hurricane that came though a few months prior. She is just a wonderful, caring, amazing person, and her entire team is creative, thoughtful, and always willing to go above and beyond.

Sent on 10/27/2018
    Destination Wedding Studio 27
    Destination Wedding Studio 28
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 11/29/2017

When we decided to get married in Key West, it was very important to find the right partner as our wedding planner to bring the best styling, decor and design vision available to the mix -- not simply someone who would look for my direction and then implement, which I think is pretty easy to find amongst the many planners in Key West, but rather someone who could take our vision, theme and desires and turn it into something better than we could even imagine. In Peggy Russell and DWS, we found such a partner. Not only was Peggy spot on with every vendor she recommended (and they all love working with her, which helps immensely in bringing together an incredible day/event), but she also delivered the most gorgeous wedding we could have imagined. People often say - "something always goes wrong with a wedding" -- well, I can honestly say that not only did nothing go wrong, but it was better and more seamless than expected. The working collaboration in the months leading up to the event were a great balance of give and take -- one of my favorite working sessions was with Peggy and the florist (Duarte) and they so impressed me with their creativity and style; I knew at that moment that they were experts in their craft. On the day of, we were able to soak in every second of our celebration -- to enjoy every detail, ever beautiful flower and detail on our incredible dinner table, dancing with our guests and watching everyone be delighted and charmed with the design elements and overall feel, while not having to sweat the details because Peggy and her assistant were on top of everything. I can't say enough about how great this partnership was -- when you see the pictures of how gorgeous her decor and design has been for weddings, know that she will do that for you and more in line with your own inspiration and style.

Thank you Peggy!!! You're the best.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Maria · Married on 11/18/2017

Peggy Russell with her team (Destination Wedding Studio) was my wedding planner for my wedding in Islamorada, FL on 11/18/17. My wedding was a weekend event. It started Friday with a welcome dinner, Saturday church wedding and reception, and Sunday farewell brunch. Peggy and her team helped me coordinate and plan all of these events. We started planning everything in July of 2017 so we only had 5 months to put everything together. I most say that Peggy was amazing throughout the whole process. She helped me find vendors for everything I wanted, she didn't push anyone on me so I felt comfortable following her advice since I felt she had my best interest at heart. She then helped put together the whole timeline for the 3 days and make sure all the little details (and there are a million of them) were all taken care off. She also helped deal with my fiance (now husband) who was being a complete groom-zilla. She knew everyone and every place in the Keys which was super helpful because she was able to ask for favors or give recommendations for everything we needed. At the end I had my fairy tale wedding, I seriously couldn't have asked for a better wedding and a big part of it was all due to Peggy's work. In conclusion, I highly recommend her services, she is super competent, professional and cares so much about her brides. She told me many times that she loves all her brides and her main job is "watching over their heart" and that is completely true since it showed with all her work and dedication.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Christina · Married on 11/18/2017

Nov 18th, 2017 - Jersey Bride - Key West Wedding

I honestly don't know where to start. The whole wedding process can be a bit stressful however everything pulled together perfectly and I know it was because I hired the right wedding planner. Prior to talking with Peggy (Destination Wedding Studios) I made a few other phone calls but was constantly rushed off the phone. What a relief when I finally got Peggy on the phone. Our initial conversation was about 30 minutes talking about ideas and options, going through photos and discussing my vision. She completely understood what I wanted and my goodness, she pulled it together perfectly. Her design was exactly what I dreamed about and more.

A quick note to a new bride. No matter who you hire as your planner you will have to contact different vendors (DJ, photographer, hair and make-up) and find who works best with you. Peggy does provide a vendor list however take the time to research. Once you hire everyone Peggy will take over. She will set timelines with everyone and will communicate with everyone for the big day. Your only job will be to show up at the wedding. This was such a relief because once I arrived in Key West I did not want to do anything except enjoy my vacation and my wedding weekend. In terms of your wedding design please let her do her thing. I promise you wont be disappointed. She picked out the most beautiful chargers and linens and design elements. Everyone at my wedding said it looked like a pintrest wedding. Peggy also hooked me up with a fantastic florist (Monika with Duarte Floral Design) who I highly recommend. Peggy and Monika worked simultaneously together designing hanging structures, center pieces, lanterns.

Even with the stress of Hurricane Irma we pulled through and that weekend was the best weekend of my life. I am so grateful for Peggy and her team - xox Penny :) for making my entire weekend a weekend to remember. I can't believe it's over.

Sent on 12/05/2017
    Destination Wedding Studio 33
    Destination Wedding Studio 34
    Destination Wedding Studio 35

Laura · Married on 10/17/2017

It is as simple as this...Peggy is worth her weight in gold, diamonds, platinum...you name it! There is nothing easy about planning a wedding, however when doing it thousands of miles away from the intended venue there can be a few spanners in the works to keep you on your toes. The biggest of these spanners being hurricane Irma. Myself and my now husband, Andy, had always planned to get hitched in the Florida Keys. A slight snag in our planning was that we live in Northern Ireland. This meant finding the perfect wedding planner was always a necessity, and no-one was recommended as highly as Peggy Russell. Her sense of style, vision and simply her personable nature made everything easy and straightforward. From our first conversation Peggy made me feel at ease and I knew we were in a very capable pair of hands. Everything was running smoothly, until 4 weeks prior to the wedding Irma devastated our venue and suddenly we had 50+ people flying from the UK/Ireland with no wedding to attend. Peggy to the rescue! With the help of the staff at our original venue (Hawk's Cay Resort) a new location was found and sussed out by Peggy within days. When it looked like we would have to abandon our wedding in paradise, Peggy was always at the end of a phone or email offering support and reassurance. She turned everything around within 48 hours, having met with the event staff at the new venue (Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne - who I also could not praise enough) and found new vendors. At the outset Peggy promised me my 'dream wedding' and despite everything, she MORE THAN DELIVERED! If you are looking for a wedding planner, then I suggest look no further. Peggy is dynamic, creative, professional and all round fabulous.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Laura, Laura, Laura... this is the sweetest review! Oh, what a whirlwind it was but in the end, a most wondrous and absolutely memorable night. Big squeeze and deep deep gratitude for your words.

Meghan · Married on 10/07/2017

Peggy went above and beyond her role as our Day-Of Coordinator. We began weekly phone calls to discuss details and the timeline about 2 months before the big day.

Hurricane Irma hit Key West less than a month before our wedding and for a couple weeks we didn't know if we would be able to pull it off. Peggy was absolutely amazing in calming my nerves, easing my stress, and even found us a Plan B venue just in case.

Luckily we were able to get married in Key West and Peggy totally brought my wedding day vision to life! She is so talented, kind, organized, creative and has the biggest heart. We can't thank Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio enough for making everything so perfect!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Meghan thanks for this review. Your wedding was perfect and thank you for trusting us on what will arguably be one of the most memorable days of your life. Big squeeze, Peggy and the Team
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/21/2017

Destination Wedding Studio made this once in a lifetime experience so incredibly special for my husband, myself, and every single one of our guests!

Let’s see…Where do I even begin?! My husband and I have been in awe over how incredible our wedding day was because of Peggy at Destination Wedding Studio! I have heard from so many of our guests how beautiful the wedding was, how impressed they were, and that not one detail went untouched.

Peggy has been so wonderful from the very start of us contacting each other! She put up with countless questions, emails, calls, and texts and I can’t thank her enough for her kindness and patience. She caught my vision and guided me to the absolute perfect wedding day.

Originally my husband and I were to be married on September 21, 2017, but mother nature had other plans for us! About two weeks prior to our wedding Hurricane Irma hit the Keys. I was devastated, but could not have been in better hands than Peggy's. She contacted me before, during and after the hurricane, all while evacuating and not knowing what was left of her home and business. Peggy has been there to help see us through every step of the way! I don’t know how to express her how much her patience, understanding, guidance, and support has meant to us over the past two years! I remember going and back and forth with her a million times after Hurricane Irma trying to decide just what to do. Peggy knew my vision and helped guide me to make the perfect decision to make my wedding day even more incredible than I could have ever imagined!

On October 28, 2018, I remember my dad and I walking out to start our walk down the aisle. The door opened cueing us to begin and I looked out over the ceremony and it was more than I could have ever imagined! I was stunned! I could not have dreamt up a more beautiful wedding! The arch standing so eloquently overlooking Hawks Cay Channel, the placement of the signage, the flowers, the anchors, and everything was just perfect! I remember looking over at the reception area while we were walking down the steps and seeing the slate blue linens flowing in the breeze, the centerpieces were so unique and different than what I imagined in the best way! I had this overwhelming feeling of calmness when I stepped out and saw all of this because after over two years of Peggy and me planning, the time had FINALLY come and my vision (so much better than my vision) had come to life!

Peggy truly made this once in a lifetime experience so incredibly special for my husband, myself, and every single one of our guests!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Jess · Married on 08/26/2017

I will go ahead and echo everyone who has reviewed Peggy and her team at Destination Wedding Studio, they made our day simply amazing! I am a CONTROL freak, and super anal retentive so I can tell you she is quite adept at dealing with multiple personalities and she has an amazingly calming presence!

Planning a destination wedding can be tough, and Peggy was able to outline every detail prior to for us to make sure all of our i's were dotted and our t's were crossed. She does a majority of the weddings at Hawk's Cay so we felt at ease with how well they knew the staff and the property as well.

I had a general idea of what I wanted, but Peggy was able to reign in all the images I had in my head to create an extremely classy design! She has the vision you need whether you want to retain some or most of the creative control or you would like her to take care of it completely! She was also AMAZING at helping me work within my decorating budget.

We had some very minor issues pop up during the event and they were able to handle them without us even realizing it was happening! On top of that they took care of our family as if they were their own! Can't say enough about Peggy and her husband, such amazing people with the biggest hearts!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Thank you for the sweet review. It was such an honor to be a part of your most beautiful day. Deep deep gratitude, the DWS team