Destination Wedding Studio Reviews

122 Reviews for Destination Wedding Studio

122 Destination Wedding Studio Reviews

Anna · Married on 10/21/2018

Wedding of my dreams

Peggy and her team truly out did themselves. As a hospitality professional, I have worked with many wedding planners in my years. Peggy, from day one, was the most professional, attentive, supportive and creative of them all. So I just knew I had to have her for myself one day. Honestly, I did not stress once while knowing she in charge and THE DAY went off without a single hitch. If you want to have a stress free and gorgeous wedding, she is your gal! We love her so much, she is part of our family!

Roxanne · Married on 09/29/2018

The wedding is phenomenal

I truly can't say enough wonderful things about Peggy and the entire team at Destination Wedding Studio. Choosing Destination Wedding Studio and working with Peggy was the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding planning & preparation process.
    Peggy was on top of everything, creative, artistic, communicative, kind, knowledgeable, professional and flexible. From our first call, she took the time to get to know us and understood the vision of what we wanted for our most important day of life. She helped us with vendor selections, communicated with all the vendors, handled all the details, and went through the arrangements many times before the wedding day to make sure everything sounded good to me. On the day of the event, Peggy was present and active, we didn't have to worry about a single thing. Everything was taken care of, smooth and seamless, and we just enjoyed our big day with our guests.
    I also have to give a shout out to Peggy and the florist Duarte Floral Design for the stunning wedding decor. They turned my abstract ideas into reality, and it was more beautiful than I could ever imagine!
    We felt so lucky to have Peggy. She made us stay positive, organized and relaxed. The guests all said it was a big success and the most beautiful wedding they'd attended.
    Thank you Peggy and the whole Destination team! We highly recommend Destination Wedding Studio to all the future brides and grooms who would like a wedding at Key West.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Ahhhhh Roxanne... Thank you so much for these kind words. What an honor it was to be a part of your 'oh so' special day. It was exquisite. Sending so much love and gratitude! Peggy and the team at DWS

Christina · Married on 05/12/2018

Peggy and her team are a true DREAM, as well as wedding savers! My husband and I were supposed to wed in 2017, but due to Hurricane Irma we were forced to post pone. Originally, we worked with another planning team and switched to Peggy and DWS because of the poor service we received initially. Oh my gosh, it was the BEST decision we could have made! Peggy will make sure that your day goes by flawlessly, from coordinating rentals (picking them up for you even!), finding vendors for you, making sure you get a good deal, you name it! She does it, and all with a smile. She was more than just a wedding planner to us, she made sure that our voices were heard and that our day truly reflected who we are as a couple. Do not look around at any other planners in the area! Trust me, I started with another and was so happy that I ended up with the DWS team. Book them now!

Malissa · Married on 04/14/2018

Peggy was my wedding planner for my wedding! She did an awesome job at creating the wedding of my dreams! , and made me feel absolutely relaxed on the most important day of my life! She became a friend and not just a planner to me. She took time to get to know me. I’m so grateful for her talent! Honestly she was such a huge part of making my day come together seemlessly!

Destination Wedding Studio 5
    Destination Wedding Studio 6

Stephanie · Married on 02/08/2018

Peggy saved my sanity and wedding after having to change my original ceremony/reception location due to Irma. She talked me through all of my concerns and questions until we found another location that we were sure would be equivalent to our original choice. She is excellent at communicating and following every intimate detail of how you are wanting your day to go. She helped to turn my dreams into a reality while still keeping everything within our budget. From the bottom of my heart Peggy, thank you for all of your hard work and taking the stress out of the planning process and day for me.

Leesa · Married on 02/03/2018

Destination Wedding Studio was a dream to work with!
    My daughter Julia had a clear vision of how she wanted her Islamorada beach wedding to look and feel.
    Peggy not only brought this vision to life, she offered design and styling ideas which truly made the setting exceptional. From the smallest decorating detail, to the ingenious floor plan design, the wedding was flawless. Peggy has the eye of an artist, the organization skills of mastermind, and a warm hearted, calm nature that made it all seem so easy. I cannot recommend Destination Wedding Planning highly enough!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Leesa, This is one of the nicest reviews we've ever received. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are were such a joy to work with. Here's to a lifetime of love and adventure for Julia and Shane! All our love, the DWS Team
  • Laurie

Laurie · Married on 12/10/2017

Peggy is just AMAZING!!!

Do not get married without Peggy and her team!!! She was an instrumental part of our special day last December and it would not have been the same without her. We were married at Smathees Beach and had our intimate wedding reception at a cute B&B in Key West, Peggy and her design team created all the decor and beautiful flower arrangements to go with our theme, it was better than I could have ever imagined! She was our wedding officiant and we cherish how sweet and thoughtful our ceremony was, our guests were just awed by the ceremony itself! And, Peggy did a great job of organizing and coordinating everything, I had absolutely no stress the entire weekend because we knew we were in great hands!!! The best thing Peggy did, help keep me calm during a hurricane that came though a few months prior. She is just a wonderful, caring, amazing person, and her entire team is creative, thoughtful, and always willing to go above and beyond.

Destination Wedding Studio 7
    Destination Wedding Studio 8
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 11/29/2017

When we decided to get married in Key West, it was very important to find the right partner as our wedding planner to bring the best styling, decor and design vision available to the mix -- not simply someone who would look for my direction and then implement, which I think is pretty easy to find amongst the many planners in Key West, but rather someone who could take our vision, theme and desires and turn it into something better than we could even imagine. In Peggy Russell and DWS, we found such a partner. Not only was Peggy spot on with every vendor she recommended (and they all love working with her, which helps immensely in bringing together an incredible day/event), but she also delivered the most gorgeous wedding we could have imagined. People often say - "something always goes wrong with a wedding" -- well, I can honestly say that not only did nothing go wrong, but it was better and more seamless than expected. The working collaboration in the months leading up to the event were a great balance of give and take -- one of my favorite working sessions was with Peggy and the florist (Duarte) and they so impressed me with their creativity and style; I knew at that moment that they were experts in their craft. On the day of, we were able to soak in every second of our celebration -- to enjoy every detail, ever beautiful flower and detail on our incredible dinner table, dancing with our guests and watching everyone be delighted and charmed with the design elements and overall feel, while not having to sweat the details because Peggy and her assistant were on top of everything. I can't say enough about how great this partnership was -- when you see the pictures of how gorgeous her decor and design has been for weddings, know that she will do that for you and more in line with your own inspiration and style.

Thank you Peggy!!! You're the best.

Maria · Married on 11/18/2017

Peggy Russell with her team (Destination Wedding Studio) was my wedding planner for my wedding in Islamorada, FL on 11/18/17. My wedding was a weekend event. It started Friday with a welcome dinner, Saturday church wedding and reception, and Sunday farewell brunch. Peggy and her team helped me coordinate and plan all of these events. We started planning everything in July of 2017 so we only had 5 months to put everything together. I most say that Peggy was amazing throughout the whole process. She helped me find vendors for everything I wanted, she didn't push anyone on me so I felt comfortable following her advice since I felt she had my best interest at heart. She then helped put together the whole timeline for the 3 days and make sure all the little details (and there are a million of them) were all taken care off. She also helped deal with my fiance (now husband) who was being a complete groom-zilla. She knew everyone and every place in the Keys which was super helpful because she was able to ask for favors or give recommendations for everything we needed. At the end I had my fairy tale wedding, I seriously couldn't have asked for a better wedding and a big part of it was all due to Peggy's work. In conclusion, I highly recommend her services, she is super competent, professional and cares so much about her brides. She told me many times that she loves all her brides and her main job is "watching over their heart" and that is completely true since it showed with all her work and dedication.

Christina · Married on 11/18/2017

Nov 18th, 2017 - Jersey Bride - Key West Wedding

I honestly don't know where to start. The whole wedding process can be a bit stressful however everything pulled together perfectly and I know it was because I hired the right wedding planner. Prior to talking with Peggy (Destination Wedding Studios) I made a few other phone calls but was constantly rushed off the phone. What a relief when I finally got Peggy on the phone. Our initial conversation was about 30 minutes talking about ideas and options, going through photos and discussing my vision. She completely understood what I wanted and my goodness, she pulled it together perfectly. Her design was exactly what I dreamed about and more.

A quick note to a new bride. No matter who you hire as your planner you will have to contact different vendors (DJ, photographer, hair and make-up) and find who works best with you. Peggy does provide a vendor list however take the time to research. Once you hire everyone Peggy will take over. She will set timelines with everyone and will communicate with everyone for the big day. Your only job will be to show up at the wedding. This was such a relief because once I arrived in Key West I did not want to do anything except enjoy my vacation and my wedding weekend. In terms of your wedding design please let her do her thing. I promise you wont be disappointed. She picked out the most beautiful chargers and linens and design elements. Everyone at my wedding said it looked like a pintrest wedding. Peggy also hooked me up with a fantastic florist (Monika with Duarte Floral Design) who I highly recommend. Peggy and Monika worked simultaneously together designing hanging structures, center pieces, lanterns.

Even with the stress of Hurricane Irma we pulled through and that weekend was the best weekend of my life. I am so grateful for Peggy and her team - xox Penny :) for making my entire weekend a weekend to remember. I can't believe it's over.

Destination Wedding Studio 9
    Destination Wedding Studio 10
    Destination Wedding Studio 11
    Destination Wedding Studio 12
    Destination Wedding Studio 13
    Destination Wedding Studio 14
    Destination Wedding Studio 15

Laura · Married on 10/17/2017

It is as simple as this...Peggy is worth her weight in gold, diamonds, platinum...you name it! There is nothing easy about planning a wedding, however when doing it thousands of miles away from the intended venue there can be a few spanners in the works to keep you on your toes. The biggest of these spanners being hurricane Irma. Myself and my now husband, Andy, had always planned to get hitched in the Florida Keys. A slight snag in our planning was that we live in Northern Ireland. This meant finding the perfect wedding planner was always a necessity, and no-one was recommended as highly as Peggy Russell. Her sense of style, vision and simply her personable nature made everything easy and straightforward. From our first conversation Peggy made me feel at ease and I knew we were in a very capable pair of hands. Everything was running smoothly, until 4 weeks prior to the wedding Irma devastated our venue and suddenly we had 50+ people flying from the UK/Ireland with no wedding to attend. Peggy to the rescue! With the help of the staff at our original venue (Hawk's Cay Resort) a new location was found and sussed out by Peggy within days. When it looked like we would have to abandon our wedding in paradise, Peggy was always at the end of a phone or email offering support and reassurance. She turned everything around within 48 hours, having met with the event staff at the new venue (Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne - who I also could not praise enough) and found new vendors. At the outset Peggy promised me my 'dream wedding' and despite everything, she MORE THAN DELIVERED! If you are looking for a wedding planner, then I suggest look no further. Peggy is dynamic, creative, professional and all round fabulous.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Laura, Laura, Laura... this is the sweetest review! Oh, what a whirlwind it was but in the end, a most wondrous and absolutely memorable night. Big squeeze and deep deep gratitude for your words.

Meghan · Married on 10/07/2017

Peggy went above and beyond her role as our Day-Of Coordinator. We began weekly phone calls to discuss details and the timeline about 2 months before the big day.

Hurricane Irma hit Key West less than a month before our wedding and for a couple weeks we didn't know if we would be able to pull it off. Peggy was absolutely amazing in calming my nerves, easing my stress, and even found us a Plan B venue just in case.

Luckily we were able to get married in Key West and Peggy totally brought my wedding day vision to life! She is so talented, kind, organized, creative and has the biggest heart. We can't thank Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio enough for making everything so perfect!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Meghan thanks for this review. Your wedding was perfect and thank you for trusting us on what will arguably be one of the most memorable days of your life. Big squeeze, Peggy and the Team
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/21/2017

Destination Wedding Studio made this once in a lifetime experience so incredibly special for my husband, myself, and every single one of our guests!

Let’s see…Where do I even begin?! My husband and I have been in awe over how incredible our wedding day was because of Peggy at Destination Wedding Studio! I have heard from so many of our guests how beautiful the wedding was, how impressed they were, and that not one detail went untouched.

Peggy has been so wonderful from the very start of us contacting each other! She put up with countless questions, emails, calls, and texts and I can’t thank her enough for her kindness and patience. She caught my vision and guided me to the absolute perfect wedding day.

Originally my husband and I were to be married on September 21, 2017, but mother nature had other plans for us! About two weeks prior to our wedding Hurricane Irma hit the Keys. I was devastated, but could not have been in better hands than Peggy's. She contacted me before, during and after the hurricane, all while evacuating and not knowing what was left of her home and business. Peggy has been there to help see us through every step of the way! I don’t know how to express her how much her patience, understanding, guidance, and support has meant to us over the past two years! I remember going and back and forth with her a million times after Hurricane Irma trying to decide just what to do. Peggy knew my vision and helped guide me to make the perfect decision to make my wedding day even more incredible than I could have ever imagined!

On October 28, 2018, I remember my dad and I walking out to start our walk down the aisle. The door opened cueing us to begin and I looked out over the ceremony and it was more than I could have ever imagined! I was stunned! I could not have dreamt up a more beautiful wedding! The arch standing so eloquently overlooking Hawks Cay Channel, the placement of the signage, the flowers, the anchors, and everything was just perfect! I remember looking over at the reception area while we were walking down the steps and seeing the slate blue linens flowing in the breeze, the centerpieces were so unique and different than what I imagined in the best way! I had this overwhelming feeling of calmness when I stepped out and saw all of this because after over two years of Peggy and me planning, the time had FINALLY come and my vision (so much better than my vision) had come to life!

Peggy truly made this once in a lifetime experience so incredibly special for my husband, myself, and every single one of our guests!

Jess · Married on 08/26/2017

I will go ahead and echo everyone who has reviewed Peggy and her team at Destination Wedding Studio, they made our day simply amazing! I am a CONTROL freak, and super anal retentive so I can tell you she is quite adept at dealing with multiple personalities and she has an amazingly calming presence!

Planning a destination wedding can be tough, and Peggy was able to outline every detail prior to for us to make sure all of our i's were dotted and our t's were crossed. She does a majority of the weddings at Hawk's Cay so we felt at ease with how well they knew the staff and the property as well.

I had a general idea of what I wanted, but Peggy was able to reign in all the images I had in my head to create an extremely classy design! She has the vision you need whether you want to retain some or most of the creative control or you would like her to take care of it completely! She was also AMAZING at helping me work within my decorating budget.

We had some very minor issues pop up during the event and they were able to handle them without us even realizing it was happening! On top of that they took care of our family as if they were their own! Can't say enough about Peggy and her husband, such amazing people with the biggest hearts!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Thank you for the sweet review. It was such an honor to be a part of your most beautiful day. Deep deep gratitude, the DWS team

Amy · Married on 06/10/2017

Destination Weddings was an amazing event planning organization to work with. They brought our wedding vision to a reality and it was such a joy to work with Peggy Russell. She knows how to get things done, is flexible, reliable and a true joy to work with. It was a phenomenal experience.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Thank you Amy! Such sweet words! Sending you all so so so very much love and happiness.

Gabriela · Married on 05/17/2017

Our wedding was perfect thanks to Peggy Russell of Destination Wedding Studio.
    We had the most beautiful wedding. Peggy is very professional, kind and lovely to work with. Peggy took the time to learn our story, which made us feel blessed.
    We wanted only the best and the wedding planning and design far exceeded our expectations. Being perfectionists we knew planning our wedding would be a difficult task but Peggy was very accommodating and worked with us down to the finest detail all from the other side of the world. Peggy brought our dream wedding to life and words can’t express how perfect everything was. Peggy gave great advice and everyone who attended was extremely impressed with the result. The organization was impeccable and made our special day so relaxing, it was a dream come true. Peggy and her team made our wedding magical.

Sent on 06/02/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Gabriela, This is such a sweet review! Thank you thank you from the bottom of our hearts for allowing us to be a part of your big day. Wishing you and James so so very much love! Peggy and the DWS Team

Kate · Married on 05/07/2017

There aren't enough words to express my gratitude and happiness for all of the work done by Peggy at Destination Wedding Studio. I referred to her as my "superhero" because that's exactly what she is...she can do it all! I planned my Key West wedding almost solely via the internet as my husband and I live in London. I picked the "lady in waiting" package, which was perfect for me because I liked being as involved as possible but also needed a lot of advice having 1) never done this before! and 2) being so far from Key West, I appreciated having someone be my "boots on the ground". Peggy was always available, whether by email or phone, and somehow was always awake when I needed her! The time difference was no issue and she was always there for a (very) early morning call if I needed to talk something through. She is extremely creative, kind and an amazing sounding board. I imagine at times she felt like my therapist (wedding planning was more hectic than I thought!), but she was always happy to help and extremely reassuring. Peggy also has great relationships with all of the local vendors, so definitely take her advice on who is right for you. When she says "they are the best", they truly are! The day of the wedding was more than a dream come true. It was better than anything my husband and I could've imagined. I definitely think it's worth having Peggy help with decor, especially if you're like me and not 100% sure what you wanted (I only had a basic vision). The decor was absolutely stunning and executed perfectly. All of my guests raved that it was the most amazing wedding they had been to...and I can't thank Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio team enough for it! Absolutely magical...THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Kate, Somehow I'm just reading this now. SO honored! Thank you for the glowing review. All my love, Peggy

Laurie · Married on 04/29/2017

I will be echoing everyone else's sentiments here and say that Peggy and her team are fantastic. Peggy's design sense is unparalleled and her ability to understand my vision at the very beginning meant that every detail was executed to a tee. More importantly, she has a "can do" attitude that put me at ease and made the planning process much more pleasant. The DWS team made my wedding come to life in ways I could have never imagined and I can honestly say that they were invaluable to my sanity and enjoyment the day of. I highly recommend Peggy and her team, they were hands down the best investment I made!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Laurie, What a beautiful review! Thank you so much! And thank you for trusting us on what will inevitably be one of your life's most memorable days. Sending lots of love and gratitude, Peggy

Laurie · Married on 04/28/2017

Barbara · Married on 04/02/2017

We first met Peggy as a planner for our intimate wedding package at Hawks Cay Resort in November 2016. She was so caring and responsive and planned everything so nicely that we hired her for our "bigger" reception in April 2017 in Hemingway Home.
    And I must say Peggy is a true artist, she has exquisite taste and she did the most beautiful and tasteful decorations I've ever seen. My husband is from the hospitality industry himself, so he had very high standards in table settings, but he was so happy with what she did, and our guests were amazed and everyone took pictures of the table and floral arrangements! We both were so pleased working with her, she is almost like an auntie or a close relative that takes such a great care of you and she definitely became someone very meaningful to us throughout the process. She also helped us to pick perfect vendors, we were satisfied with everyone.
    Highly recommend Peggy for weddings in Keys, which she is extremely knowledgeable about.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Barbara and Pallava, So much gratitude for this review and it was my pleasure! Wishing you a lifetime of love, beauty, creativity, friends, laughter, and everything in between. Peggy

Amanda · Married on 03/11/2017

From the moment we found our venue to the day of our beautiful wedding, Peggy from Destination Wedding Studio was with us every step of the way. As a bride who didn’t necessarily know all the details that I wanted and also didn’t have a specific “vision” in mind, Peggy was able to make me feel at ease and bring together the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen (I may be biased but our guests thought so too!). Every detail was perfection and meaningful to us as a couple which was something that was very important to us. Our intimate beach reception looked like something straight from a magazine and it was more than I could have ever hoped for.

Every vendor we chose during the process had the same response: “I love working with Peggy” and my husband and I were able to see that the way that everyone came together and worked so seamlessly the day of the wedding. The week before the wedding all vendors were contacted by Peggy with timelines and locations and I did not once have to think about whether someone would be there , who was meeting them or what location they were going to be in. As a bride it was the least stressful experience I could have imagined.

I can not recommend Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio team highly enough. Their mission statement “we will watch over your heart” could not be truer. I am so thankful I trusted Peggy with our “heart” to bring together the gorgeous beach wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 03/16/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

What a most heartfelt review Amanda. Deep deep gratitude for your trusting in us. It was such a joy to be a part of your big day!

Heather · Married on 02/26/2017

Coming from Maryland I knew that I would need a wedding planner to help with my wedding in the Florida Keys. I am so happy and grateful that I came across Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio! I never had much of a vision for my wedding day, and Peggy did an incredible job of turning my vague ideas into an amazingly beautiful wedding. Despite the fact that I gave her very little direction, my wedding ended up looking like something from Pinterest or a bridal magazine! Not to mention, there was very little stress and effort on my part. I kept wondering what I was doing wrong- shouldn't I be feeling more stress?? Peggy was always accessible to me via phone and email, despite my odd work hours. Peggy took great care of us, and all I had to do on the day of was show up to my wedding on time. No worrying about vendors, flowers, or anything else. Everything went flawlessly and my guests were in awe by the wedding table. I can tell that Peggy treats each wedding as if it were her own family's! Truly my only regret is not getting in touch with her before I spent hours and hours searching for the right venue in Florida. I really cannot say enough about Peggy and would encourage anyone who is planning a wedding in the Florida Keys to use her services.

• User7931253 · 1+ year ago

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio were great! From the first time I met Peggy, she understood our vision completely; it was meant to be. Her architectural background really makes her special, as she understands the space, has great taste, and a keen eye. We mostly worked over the phone and via e-mail and everything still turned out perfectly. The wedding turned out amazing, and everyone is still talking about it months later!

Sent on 03/20/2017

what a sweet sweet review! thank you so much! <3 <3 <3

June · Married on 11/12/2016

As the mother of the bride, I was blown away by Peggy's professionalism and thoroughness. She was calming and assured me that she was going to handle everything. I was able to enjoy my daughter's wedding and know that all the details were taken care of.