Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

95 Reviews for Desserts By Dana

Pastries (1)
Tastings (1)
Diabetic (1)
Lactose Free (1)

We came in with an unusual cake topper and a very general idea of what we wanted for the cake and he hit a Homerun! All our guests raved about the cake, how it looked as well as how it tasted! I'd include a picture of the cake but I don't want anyone to steal our idea.

Profile Picture Rebecca , 5/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Diabetic, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands

First, the flavor is wonderful - even after we've been eating the top layer for a week. Dana worked with us on the cake design, giving us a layer for the groom and a layer for the bride (who doesn't like sweets), and he did a fantastic job. Everyone told us the cake was tasty! I liked being able to sit down with Dana, show him pictures, get his thoughts, and know we were going to come away with a great cake. A very good experience.

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/14/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

We were so happy with the way our cake turned out! Wish i had a picture to post right now. It was beautiful and delicious. We had lemon raspberry for one layer and chocolate mint for the other.

Profile Picture Jenni, 11/25/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We are so happy with worked with Dana for our wedding cake and dessert bar. When we got to the reception we saw how beautiful the cake looked, and we were in awe. Dana and his team handled all our requests and modifications without a problem. Our cake wasn't simply beautiful and perfectly designed...it was also...DELICIOUS :) We are still getting compliments on Dana's cake and all the yummy treats he made for our dessert bar. We will go back to Dana for all out future cake and dessert needs!

Profile Picture Nichole, 9/1/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

From the first time we met Dana we knew we wanted to book him for our wedding cake. He did a great job with the design and the cake tastes so good!!! We even had a dessert table display and his team did the set up and break down.

Profile Picture Marline, 7/27/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Dessert Buffet
4.2

Desserts by Dana did my wedding cake through my package with Bella Vita Cavaliers Country Club. The cake was delicious and very beautiful! I was very pleased with their staff and professionalism. I was a little disappointed because a feature that we discussed during the consultation was later decided that it couldn't be done, but they helped us come up with a good solution. Their cake stand was also beautiful! Definitely be very specific as to what you want from them. They can be a little hard to get ahold of, including not answering the phones, not returning messages, but when you do get ahold of them, they are very helpful.

Profile Picture Christie, 7/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Tastings, Private Tastings

We scheduled a meeting with Dana discuss weddings cake details. Dana is very nice and really knows what he's doing. On the day of the wedding my looked beautiful and was delicious. Would definitely recommend this bakery for any event.

Profile Picture Nicole , 7/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands

My husband and I were so lucky to win the $1,000 wedding cake at the Dover Bridal Expo May, 2016. Our cake tasting was such an enjoyable experience! The cake was amazing and after we got cupcakes. Our Wedding was June 10, 2017 and our cake was better than I would have ever imagined. Everyone loved the cake! Afterwards we weren't told what to do with the Cake holder and they were nice enough to go pick it up for us! I would recommend them to anyone! Can't wait to use them fore future occasions.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

They were so wonderful to work with, the tasting was great and they were so helpful when we decided to do individual personal desserts for our guests rather than an entire cake. The pricing was fantastic and of course their desserts are to die for, they are so helpful and I appreciated all the personal help and they layout was great. All of our guests loved the individual desserts so that everyone's needs were met.

Profile Picture User6583002, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Dessert Buffet, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Desserts by Dana was one of the cake vendors we were able to select for our wedding package with the White Clay Creek country club and we couldn't be happier with our decision to use them! We had a cake tasting that went great and we met with the owner Dana which we appreciated that personal touch! We were also excited to learn that this was a black owned business as we always try to support other black business owners. We had an amaretto flavored cake with white chocolate icing and omg it was sooooo delicious!! It had fondant and normally I don't eat fondant but the way he made it you could eat it since it wasn't hard or plastic tasting. I found a pic of a cake I loved on Pinterest and he was able to recreate it exactly! All of my guests raved about the cake even my aunt who has worked on bakeries for over 30 years. I surprised my sister with her own vegan chocolate cake also made by Dana and it was so delicious! I couldn't believe it was vegan. I highly recommend this baker!!

Profile Picture Anna, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was perfect! We went into our tasting and consultation with only a slight idea of what we wanted, and our consultant was able to help us narrow it down and decide on cupcakes with a personal one-tier to cut into, complete with scrollwork, beading, and fondant lettering to make it our own. We were able to choose 4 cupcake flavors (we went with lemon, marble, almond, and red velvet - all got great reviews by our guests), and we chose chocolate cake with tiramisu filling for our personal tier which tasted amazing.

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Cupcakes

Desserts by Dana created a beautiful cake for my wedding! It was exactly as I imagined!! The cake tasted wonderful (almond with Bavarian cream)! Dana and his team were very easy to work with and very helpful!! Would use again!

Profile Picture User7487994, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our Tiffany Blue themed cake was the talk of the wedding! It was picture perfect.

Profile Picture Christina, 9/30/16, 3 Reviews
3.0

Please make sure that you verify your design order prior to your wedding day. Although our wedding cake tasted good, it was not designed in the way that me and my now husband designed our wedding cake to be. Desserts By Dana staff went with our florist's design rather than listening to me upon verification of my wedding cake design, and designing the cake how me and my husband dreamed of our wedding cake to be designed. For any future important events will result in me and my family and friends thinking twice before considering to use this bakery again.

Profile Picture J, 9/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Desserts by Dana did our wedding cake as well as my Grooms cake. Both absolutely delicious and Beautiful I loved the detail on both especially my husbands Grooms cake. He is a volunteer firefighter and I asked the bakery if they could do a hose/fire helmet as the cake with my husbands fire company info on it and it turned out amazing! Everyone loved it including my husband! Thank you so much for the beautiful cakes!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
3.2

I didn't give Desserts by Dana five stars mostly because of their service. The cake itself was fine. It looked pretty similar to what we asked him to do, and it tasted fine too. Actually, our guests probably liked it a lot because there was none left for us. My only complaint is with the service which was pretty bad. The person who contacted us via email was courteous, but the woman who directed the tasting was really rude. If I were to pick a bad memory in the whole process it would be this tasting. I asked her if there was a way of making the cake less sweet, but her answer was "It is what it is. The cake is what it is. The filling is what it is." She just kept repeating that in the most annoying way possible. I can understand that they won't customize their recipes, but she could have said the exact same thing in a better way. If the cake wasn't a part of the deal we made with the wedding venue, we would have gone elsewhere. In the future, I won't buy their product.

Profile Picture Isabel, 9/11/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Our wedding care turned out beautiful!! It was exactly what I asked for and more. And it tasted more amazing than what we remembered at the tasting. All of our guests loved it. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Bekki, 8/7/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings
4.1

I had a shortened timeline to prepare for the wedding, so I did not entertain a tasting. I used Desserts by Dana because it was a vendor listed on our venue's site. I must confess that it appears as though they could use some help with their telephone service. The lines seemed too busy and the person answering, although pleasant, appeared too rushed. Our cake was beautiful but the cake itself was a disappointment, it was just ok, a little dry. I was hoping for a sumptuous, moist cake.

Profile Picture judy, 7/10/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup

Deserts by Dana was absolutely fabulous to work with! They designed the exact cake we had envisioned. They were so easy to work with and helped me combined two cakes I liked into the cake I wanted! Our guests raved about the cake as well, so delicious!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 7/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

From the get to go, the team at Desserts by Dana were very flexible and excited about making our cake for our wedding! They worked with us and came up with an amazing cake design! Very simple yet classy! We got so many compliments from our guests on the beautiful cake and how amazing all of the flavors tasted! I literally have never had better italian buttercream in my life!!!!

Profile Picture Jessica , 6/17/16, 4 Reviews
4.2

My wedding cake tasted amazing however the layout of the flowers weren't exactly as the picture I submitted at the tasting.

Profile Picture Ingrid, 5/26/16, 8 Reviews
3.6

We used Desserts by Dana for a groom's cake and wedding cake. They were the preferred vendor who worked with our venue. The wedding cake came out nicely, and the groom's cake was magnificent! We got a lot of compliments on how the groom's cake looked and how the wedding cake tasted. There were a couple of problems with communication and payment though. There was one time when they said I didn't give them certain information or payment, but I did. I was able to speak to someone within the next few days, and had proof, and they were able to correct it.

Profile Picture User4675667, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake

Dana and his staff made the process for choosing a cake so simple. One less thing we had to stress about for our wedding. The tasting/meeting was perfect, and painted a good picture of what we would be receiving. The cake was so much better than we ever expected!!! Comments from guests were that it was the best tasting cake they ever had. Great work Dana, and please thank your staff for us!!! Top notch vendor!!!

Profile Picture Adam, 5/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Desserts by Dana was wonderful! They were part of my wedding package so I did not shop around much for a baker. But I am so glad! The cake tasting was so enjoyable and meeting with the designer was so much fun! They were able to take pictures that I found on pinterest and create a design from multiple images that I liked. They had many different flavors available between cakes and fillings that the combinations were endless! We chose the pink champagne cake with buttercream filling and red velvet cake with caramel chocolate mousse. It was delicious and beautiful! Exactly what I wanted! I also rented a cake stand from them that I saw when I went in for the cake tasting and it just added that extra touch of elegance. I would highly recommend desserts by Dana!!

Profile Picture Kristen , 4/30/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

From the minute that we sat down to order a wedding cake, to the moment when we got to taste this delicious creation, it was nothing but sheer delight!!! The cookies n cream batter with butter cream icing was AMAZING!!! We were sad when the cake ran out and almost tempted to eat the top layer that's saved til the first year anniversary. We will tell everyone about our experience at this wonderful bakery. Beautifully decorated and they totally captured the theme of the wedding!!
Mrs. J. Glass