Dellwood Country Club Reviews

38 | Saint Paul, MN

38 Reviews for Dellwood Country Club

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Briana · Married on 09/01/2018

Dellwood Country Club was the perfect place to have our wedding. We wanted an outdoor ceremony, but we also wanted to have a beautiful rain contingency plan. Dellwood fit the bill with their gorgeous reception room and floor-to-ceiling fireplace. We were blessed with sunshine, but we still got to enjoy the room during the reception! Bry was wonderfully responsive to emails, making everything as low-stress as possible! Highly recommend this wedding venue and Bry as the wedding coordinator

Sent on 09/13/2018

Becca · Married on 02/09/2018

Dellwood is an amazing venue. I would highly recommend it. We had so many compliments on how gorgeous the venue was and how amazing the food tasted. Bry does an excellent job. She is very responsive and is on top of everything. She is easy to work with and made sure we had everything we needed. Honestly there is nothing about Dellwood that I would complain about. They truly made our day perfect!

Sent on 03/08/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/30/2017

We are so happy with the turn out of our wedding reception at Dellwood Country Club. Bry, the coordinator was wonderful to work with and she took the stress out of planning. The ballroom is so gorgeous that we could keep decorations minimal. We had a bonfire out on the patio (directly off the ballroom), and we rented the Fireside Room for a small fee which also gave us access to the deck. Our guests had so much room to walk around - inside and outside. I would highly recommend Dellwood Country Club to anyone looking for a fabulous venue! There is a Best Western Plus right down the road, which provides convenient overnight accommodations and a shuttle bus to and from Dellwood. The food is absolutely incredible - we continue to get compliments from our guests! Overall, everything was absolutely perfect and I owe it all to Bry and the wonderful food and bar staff at Dellwood Country Club :)

Sent on 09/25/2017
  • Mrs Carissa Duerr

Carissa · Married on 09/10/2017

The venue was amazing! The coordinate Bry was phenomenal to work with. She was attentive to everything and was always there to answer questions! The food and staff was amazing and the venue was breathtaking

Sent on 03/07/2017

Heather · Married on 11/19/2016

I grew up near Dellwood and I knew I wanted to get married in my hometown. I have known Dellwood Country club my whole life so it was definitely an option on my list. They recently remodeled and the remodel is gorgeous! The venue is a bit pricey but we got it for a good price because our wedding was off season. Bry (the wedding coordinator) was such a joy to work with. She was knowledgeable, professional, and very punctual. I never had an issue with getting a hold of her and she was flexible to make appointments to meet. During the meeting with her, she was very helpful with out planning and helped us think of things to consider for our big day. The food was amazing and our staff/service for the night was absolutely wonderful! I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Shannon · Married on 09/23/2016

My husband and I had our reception at Dellwood Country Club. From start to finish, Bry, the event coordinator was great! She was very organized and professional and answered any questions we had in a timely manner. The day of the reception her and the rest of the staff couldn't have been more helpful.
    We received so many compliments on our reception. Everyone loved the food and venue. I would highly recommend Dellwood Country Club to any bride and groom out there!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Erin · Married on 04/25/2015

Dellwood was an awesome place for our reception. They had just gone through a remodel in the beginning of the year, and they had everything done and tidied up by the time their wedding season started. Tom and Tracy were amazing, they were always around asking myself, the groom, my MOH, my parents and my husband's parents how everything was going. They were very attentive and very curteous. The food was hot, the drinks were cold, and everyone enjoyed their meals. I was pretty stress free the whole night! I would recommed Dellwood to anyone. We had about 250 people and no one was cramped, the fireside room and the outside patio were PERFECT for guests who wanted to get away from the dancing or take a breather.

Sent on 06/19/2015

Marnie · Married on 11/01/2014

My husband and I held our wedding ceremony and reception at Dellwood Country Club and we were blown away by how amazing of a venue it is!! Working with Tracy and Tom helped us plan and execute a flawless wedding! Our wedding was perfect thanks to them! Thank you to Dellwood for helping us making our wedding day amazing!

Sent on 11/03/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/10/2014

I LOVED getting married here. We had both our ceremony (outdoor) and reception here. Tracy was so wonderful to work with. She set up our tasting and helped us decide upon what to choose for our menu. She met with us to have a planning session to make sure we were on the same page with the wedding day details. The day went off without a hitch. The grounds are absolutely beautiful in August. There were so many lovely places to take pictures. We had the ceiling draping done by Terry of Creative License which made the ballroom especially beautiful. We had the Italian Buffet and our guests RAVED about the food. The food display was absolutely beautiful. I would definitely recommend getting married and having your reception here. It is a perfect fit for anyone who loves the shabby chic look and anyone who loves flowers.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Megan · Married on 11/30/2013

I would recommend Dellwood to any couple looking for a reception venue! The ballroom is gorgeous and with the ceiling drapes, it looks breathtaking. The staff were extremely professional and polite. The food was awesome! My relatives cannot stop talking about how great the food was, and how it came to the table steaming hot (not luke-warm like most wedding meals). Tom was a great help and checked in with us multiple times throughout the night to make sure things were going how we wanted. He even brought our beers we had sitting on the head table when they started to take it down because we were busy taking pictures with some friends. Our wedding at Dellwood turned out perfectly and I would not change single thing!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/14/2013

Dellwood did such an amazing job and took care of everything! Even beyond what we had expected. The food was amazing and not to mention the portions were beyond what we could have imagined! The staff was very friendly and professional and did such a great job!

Sent on 02/16/2014

This location was perfect for our wedding. The fireplace was awesome and the room was very .intimate for a wedding

Sent on 03/06/2013

Natasha · Married on 11/05/2011

Dellwood was an amazing wedding venue, not only is it gorgeous, but the staff are wonderful! The entire planning process with Tracy was fantastic, she is extremely organized and such a great help! Our wedding day was absolutly perfect, not a single glitch and we loved everything about Dellwood! I would highly reccomend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 03/22/2012

Kelly · Married on 06/04/2011

I highly recommend Dellwood Hills Golf Course to any bride and groom looking for a beautiful venue, amazing food, and a fantastic crew!!! From the start, Tracy was a pleasure to work with... making sure everything was on track and the way we wanted it. I can't explain how beautiful the venue was the day of our wedding. The time that everyone took to ensure that everything was perfect! Tom was amazing to work with at the wedding. He made sure we had everything we needed. The guests cannot say enough about the food, the beautiful location, and the phenomenal service! Thank you Dellwood!!!!! If we were to get married again, we would definitely come back to Dellwood!

Sent on 07/01/2011

Emily · Married on 10/30/2010

Tracy at Dellwood was great to work with. Everything was amazing! The venue is great and the people made it a flawless evening.

Sent on 09/11/2011

Leah · Married on 08/16/2009

My husband and I looked at many Twin Cities country clubs and Dellwood was by far superior to value and quality. Dellwood is absolutely beautiful with amazing landscaping providing a great location for pictures as well as perfect setting for a special ceremony. I was not able to try the food before the wedding and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food (Almond Chicken was amazing!). We had several vegetarians and they were also very happy with their choice. Tracy and the banquet manager were both very accommodating and worked with us to get Skype to work so we could connect to my brother living in Japan who couldn't make it the wedding. I work in the event industry and would refer anybody who asks where I would recommend. Thanks for a beautiful venue and amazing service!

Sent on 09/10/2010

Meg · Married on 06/20/2008

This place is amazing, Tracy is very nice, and is willing to help with anything. And not to mention the food is amazing!

Sent on 07/28/2008

Heidi · Married on 09/23/2007

Dellwood was a beautiful location to hold our ceremony and reception! They turned the room around fast so we were able to get married in front of the fireplace, have a cocktail hour on the deck and fireside room and then go back into the main ballroom for dinner. The food was absolutely wonderful and we received many complements

Sent on 11/09/2008

Laura · Married on 07/14/2007

They did an excellent job of having things exactly the way I wanted it. Everything looked great and they took care of my every need. Tracy was great to work with and all the preferred vendors they had that we used were fantastic!

Sent on 11/08/2007

Lindsay · Married on 08/12/2006

Beautiful Country Club! Tracy was a joy to work with! I would recommend this place to anyone looking to have an elegant reception!

Sent on 04/02/2009

Melinda · Married on 08/28/2004

We chose this reception hall because it was extremely open and tall. We had about 250 people coming to the dinner and we did not want it to feel crowded. The food was amazing (champagne chicken). They did a great job of communicating to us about everything. We would highly recommend this place!! It was really reasonable compared to other vendors in the area!!

Sent on 03/28/2008
  • Anna

Anna Wright · Married on 12/08/2018

Affordable & Beautiful Venue in Dellwood, MN!

Dellwood Country Club is not only affordable but is truly a beautiful venue, especially for winter weddings! The main ballroom has a beautiful fireplace that they put two trees and a wreath out after December 1st. They have other garland and decorations around the venue that make it so beautiful and look very wintery! Bry, the wedding planner, is great to work with! She totally knows her stuff and is very on top of everything in the planning process. The food was amazing! We went with the buffet, and it had SO many options and it was so delicious. Their personal desserts are to die for and late night pizza was superb. We got a lot of great feedback on the food. Overall, I’d definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Mike · Married on 10/22/2016

Dellwood made our day very special. The team is very accommodating, and flexible. The venue is gorgeous, clean, and modern. Our vendors loved working with Bry, and the team at Dellwood. We couldn't have asked for more. There is a convenient shuttle to and from The White Bear Lake Best Western Country Inn, and they also have an awesome restaurant/bar (Rudy's).

Sent on 11/14/2016

Hanna · Married on 04/03/2016

Dellwood was great to work with for the most part. The food was amazing, the waitstaff were incredible, and everything flowed SO smoothly on our big day. Dellwood was able to honor lots of specific food allergies without a hassle, and one of our guests actually commented about how she's used to her meal coming out late and cold, but not at Dellwood! We did have a few issues with the quotes not matching what we were told pricing would be (menu prices changed without notifying us, ceremony fee was incorrect on the first few quotes). I do know they were going through a coordinator transition, and Bry was amazing with honoring anything we had been told previously if we had it in writing. It did, however, get frustrating with the amount of times we had to go back and forth with the numbers for things. Overall I would totally recommend this venue - AMAZINGLY smooth transition from ceremony to reception, and the waitstaff was incredibly professional. It's a beautiful place to get married, and I can't wait to see how our photos turned out!

Sent on 04/11/2016