De Young Flowers Reviews

29 | Campbell, CA

29 Reviews for De Young Flowers

april · Married on 11/16/2013

I just wanted to thank de young for everything. From the very beginning when we sat down the hospitality was amazing! They made me feel like they really wanted to make my wedding special and they did!! They put their heart and soul into it and I loved every minute planning with them. They listened to all my changes, worked with me and my budget. Everything was perfect! ! I couldn't of asked for anything more. hope to work with them again!

Beautiful decor done by true professionals. Made the day special!

Love the flowers and the staff. They treated us like we were life long friends.
    Would use them again in a heartbeat.

crystal · Married on 10/03/2013

DeYoung recently provided flowers for our wedding on 10/03/13 in HMB, CA. From the very beginning, she was so thoughtful in meeting us near our home (45 min drive away) and really listening to the style and details we wanted throughout our ceremony and reception. The attention to detail and creative suggestions made choosing DeYoung an easy choice for us!

Throughout the planning process, DeYoung and her amazing assistant; Dejani, walked us through everything and confirming each and every last detail.

On the day of our wedding, I cannot begin to emphasize how AMAZED we were with all of the flowers. We had an elegant theme...primarily white with an eggplant accent, and DeYoung nailed my vision! My husband and I were so blown away and so appreciative of all the hard work that went into making our day as special as it was.

I cannot recommend DeYoung enough!!!

Anna · Married on 09/28/2013

I had an amazing opportunity to work with De Young Flowers for my wedding on September 28th, 2013. In the process of planning our wedding, De Young Flowers has been very flexible and professional about their work. I loved every meeting with Young because she knew exactly what I wanted and what I have envisioned in my head and more! A lot of recommendations and feedback were very helpful in planning the wedding. All of the emails were very prompt and I loved that about them. The flower arrangements were amazing and beautiful. Every single flower arrangements from bridal bouquet to centerpieces to ceremony decorations were unbelievably beautiful. I'd recommend De Young Flowers to anyone in the area. Thank you guys so much! I can't be happier!

stacy · Married on 09/14/2013

I'm so happy that we were able to book De Young to do our head table and half of our centerpieces. We were able to book at the last minute after having a last minute increase of 160 guests (and double the tables). We chose what seemed like a modest centerpiece design, but the outcome exceeded my expectations. They were beautiful centerpieces, much larger than we thought we would have, and we were very happy with the head table and the flowers surrounding the cake.

Crystal · Married on 08/31/2013

De Young Flowers were extremely responsive to our requests. We had a really great consult and in the end, the final product was just what we wanted. It was hard to envision the final product because we had so many changes, mock-ups, etc. But they got our vision in the end. Great for the price. Thank you.

Young did an amazing job with our wedding. First of all, she provided wonderful service in person and via email and phone calls. She was always very professional, very upfront and did business very clearly. I loved how she worked within our budget and was willing and able to be flexible weeks before the wedding. She gave us her honest opinion when formulating a budget and plan. She was able to decorate our Indian Mandap and Catholic Altar and reuse flowers and flip ceremonies. She is very talented and is able to many different types of jobs. The best thing of all, she showed up on time, she did a wonderful job on flowers, aisle decor, flipping our ceremony and doing the reception set up. She added a few things that were extra which was very nice of her. She was a wonderful florist and I would recommend her anytime! Thanks Young!! We loved all the decor and I got so many compliments!!

Working with De Young Flowers was the best decision. Although I was on a pretty tight budget, everyone told me that my flowers and arrangements were absolutely incredible. Everyone was so easy to work with and everything turned out beautiful!

• Saeyoon

Saeyoon · Married on 05/26/2012

De Young Flower is amazing! My wedding was in Half Moon Bay, CA and there were many challenges when I had to prepare the whole wedding sitting in Minnesota. De Young Flower was very responsive throughout the preparation process and provided great ideas and advice. Despite that I had to make a major change two weeks prior to the wedding date, they made it work!!! The result they delivered was truly extraordinary. I also loved its friendly and professional staff. Thank you again!

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2011

DeYong flowers did a great job on our wedding! They were so professional and helpful. They also did another wedding I was in with a different style, mine was beachy and my friend's was a winery setting, and DeYong pulled of both themes beautifully.

Kenneth · Married on 03/12/2011

my best vendor ever
    highly recommend
    Yong is very patient and kind hearted
    very flexible
    reasonable price

cynthia · Married on 10/23/2010

I absolutely loved my bridal bouquets and flowers. Her portfolio is amazing. My flowers were so fresh and lovely. When my bouquet arrived, my makeup artist (who has done alot of weddings) said that my bouquet was the most beautiful she has seen and asked me who my florist was! De Young was very patient and really tried to work within my budget. She is very professional and definitely stands by her work. She would say that my wedding was her wedding, and I truly appreciate her for doing a wonderful job.

marguerite · Married on 08/22/2010

Young at De Young is an exceptional designer with an elegant taste and most of all a great listner—We got married in August, Young designed and set up our Catholic church and our reception at Valentia hotel, Santana row: my mom, sister and I met with her and discussed the type of layout we would like to have, can you imagine 3 of us argueing and trying to communicate what we need: Young was very patient, pationate, great listner, flexible (to drive to our Milbrae church to scope, take measurement and do the best design for our humble church) and Young was able to deliver beyond expectations.

Her work was impecable and our guests were amazed by the quality, quantity and elegance of the flowers A+, our guests claimed never seen such an eloquant and flawless work, I would love to share some pictures with you as words wont express the out of world work!!!!
    I would recommend Young blindly and your wedding will be truly memorable. Thank you, thank you and thank you Young!!!

Susan · Married on 05/30/2010

De Young Flowers one of the preferred vendors listed for the Four Seasons hotel. I met with Young and liked her immediately. I had a vision of what I wanted, but couldn't really describe it very well. However, Young knew exactly what I wanted based on my personality and everything else I was doing for the wedding. She showed me pictures, took notes, and even suggested different designs for the reception tables for other things that I was planning that will look best for the flowers.

On the day of, Young brought all of the flowers with her and her team on time. Many people complimented how great Young and her team were while I was getting ready in a different location. Apparently the stage that the hotel was responsible to put together for me and the groom to stand on during the ceremony was covered in this ugly color that I would have hated. Knowing what a perfectionist I was, Young immediately asked the hotel to remove the rug all together. The rug had nothing to do with flowers, but Young spoke up to ensure every part of my day was perfect. Young even came up to the bridal suite with my bouquet and wanted to make sure I liked it before she went off to set up everything else. The bouquet was SOOO beautifuly; I almost cried when I saw it.

In addition, Young took the time to get to know my mom and helped made my mom feel comfortabel on the day of. Young was like a family member and made sure everything was perfect the day of (the linen, rugs, etc). She did so much more than I had expected.

In summary, Young is an extremely sweet person to work with. She is honest and reliable. I will recommend her to all of my friends. The quality of the flowers were great, the design was beautiful, all of my pictures are so beautiful because of her flowers. I attached a few for you (please do not share or publish these photos).

Surya · Married on 05/22/2010

Very creative will work with your ideas and very responsable andeasy to deal with..
    Great team of helpers....will recommend to all ........

Katelyn Studebaker · event on: 11/28/2013

Yong and the team do a fantastic job. They are so easy to work with during the planning process and deliver a fantastic product to fit your budget. Always chic, always professional!

I first chose De Young Flowers because they were on the list of approved vendors at my wedding venue (Silver Creek Valley Country Club on 8/23/2013), but I would go back again and again for any major event!

I first was in touch through email/phone with Djani, who was very helpful with setting up appointments and following up. At the appointments, I met with Yong to work my vision out for my wedding. As a pregnant bride, I had to plan my 180+person wedding in just 6 weeks, and Yong was brilliant at working with my budget to make the ceremony and reception beautiful.

She gave me options for the types of flowers and budget I could work with, and even when my mother in law became involved to add more to the ceremony, Yong understood what she was asking for, drew sketches to show us what she can do, and gave us a great price for the additions. We also re-used some of the alter flowers for the sweetheart table, and used the ceremony flowers to decorate the buffet table.

Everyone at De Young Flowers who I worked with was very professional, very easy to communicate with, and delivered beautiful bouquets and gorgeous centerpieces the day of the wedding. I was extremely pleased with their services and I would absolutely recommend them to any local bride!

Karin · Married on 10/10/2010

Young came highly recommended from our wedding coordinator at the Ritz Half Moon Bay and we are so glad we went with her. She listened to us and worked with us to come up with designs that suited our style. We loved how everything turned out. Her prices are little higher than other places but we thought it was all worth it!

• W

William · Married on 08/01/2010

De Young was the first and only florist that we visited for our wedding. We sat down to discuss about the wedding.... she was very attentive, paid great attention to details, and her price was good. We like that she gave us helpful suggestions that we otherwise would not think about. So we booked her service.

We had another meeting before the wedding. We basically went over what we talked about last time, and then set out to finalize all the details, e.g. color combination, flowers for the centerpiece, and the style for the arch. Everything went rather smoothly and we felt really great to have her as our florist. During our meeting, she also suggested us having a sand ceremony and later was able to help us get the sand and vase at a good price. She couldn't get the exact color we had wanted, but it turned out we liked her choice as well. In short, we developed a complete trust on her during the preparation stage. Still, it's the wedding day that counts.....

On our wedding day, Young arrived on time and started the decoration. The arch was beautiful and the decoration done at the ceremony was exactly like what we wanted. When we went to the reception room, both me and my wife thought the setup was simply beyond what we had anticipated. The center piece looked even more beautiful than what Young drew during our discussion. It could have more decoration inside the vase, but we were really nitpicking. The design was well received by our guests as well.

Overall, we liked everything she did. Everything was better than we hoped for so a five star recommendation. Thanks Young!

Sara · Married on 08/29/2015

My overall experience with DeYoung Flowers was very positive. I was a bit hesitant after reading some of the negative reviews on Yelp, but after doing a lot of research, I found DeYoung Flowers to have the best flower packages for the price. All of my communications with DeYoung were pleasant and friendly and I always got a response in a timely manner.

My wedding theme was hops and lavender so I wanted to have a lot of lilac and purple colored flowers along with some nice greens and white. One factor that was very important to me was to have hops in our flower arrangements. Unfortunately it would have been too expensive to have DeYoung flowers order these for me, but I was able to find some on my own for a great price and DeYoung Flowers was more than willing to use them in my arrangements if we brought them to the store before the wedding.

When all of the flowers were delivered on my wedding day, I was extremely happy with how they turned out. The colors and flowers used matched my theme exactly how I wanted them to, and the bouquets were a great size.

I would definitely recommend DeYoung Flowers to my friends and family.

Rupa · Married on 08/31/2013

I had a great experience with DeYoung. I met with Yong several times and she very thoroughly went through the plan for my wedding and reception. She had great ideas for the centerpieces and the decor for the reception looked amazing. If I got married all over again I would definitely still use De Young flowers and we had a great experience!!! - Rupa

• Angie

Angie · Married on 07/25/2009

Young is super nice and great to work with. She took my ideas and added a few of her own and the final product was better than I had ever imaged. Everything was absolutely gorgeous. She was able to make a large room feel intimate and romantic which was exactly what I wanted. I would definitely recommend Young to others.

3.5

Bridal bouquet and table centerpieces were as I imagined them to be. Bring the vases for tall centerpieces back to the florist the next day and they won't charge you for that like some other florists.

Barbara · Married on 10/24/2009

My husband and I got married last year in October and during the planning process, we found Ms. Young at a San Jose wedding expo. Thankfully, we were able to narrow down our florist picks as soon as we met her. She has great customer service skills and is very knowledgeable in planning for a wedding. She had a variety of flower arrangements to pick from as well as an impeccable style and flair for the dramatics. And although there were some initial miscommunication issues between the look of the table arrangements, what she was able to produce for us was beautiful. I would advise that if/when you work with Young, that you are extremely clear and specific about what you would like to see for your wedding. I would give that advice to any couples who are planning their wedding and are working w/various vendors. Specificity is a must.

What I also like about Young is that when mistakes did occur, she was upfront and apologetic. This personality attribute meant a lot to my husband and I b/c in my experience, other vendors we had met along the way were typically unapologetic and hard to communicate with. Having a vendor take accountability for mistakes is important and I believe Young has these attributes. I believe it is her strength.

Young also showed an extreme amount of patience w/us, especially when my husband and I couldn't make up our minds about the floral arrangements. Her bouquets were also well made and beautiful. If you want to work w/someone who has great energy and is extremely friendly, I would absolutely recommend Young at De Young Flowers.

B&B