Dana Starkell Reviews

30 | Bettendorf, IA

30 Reviews for Dana Starkell

Ryan · Married on 05/25/2018

Dana played the music for our wedding ceremony, he did an amazing job and we could not of asked for more! So glad he wass part of our day!

James · Married on 03/30/2018

Professional, talented and reliable. Provided a great ambience to our large birthday party. Highly recommend.

Anthony · Married on 10/01/2016

Did a fantastic job and dressed to impressed!

Sarah · Married on 09/25/2016

Dana is GREAT at what he does! He is truly a professional, and of course very talented! He was the PERFECT choice for our outdoor wedding (I married a guitarist in front of 200 guests, whom musicians probably made up 80%!) because if his style, his presence, and his skill! Dana went above and beyond, agreeing to play a piece composed by our best man! And he was even flexible and well-rehearsed enough to be able to suggest and play other pieces from his repertoire when a portion of our composition did not come through as intended! Dana's knowledge of available music and what each piece could bring to the event was top-notch: the pieces he suggested and ended up playing complemented not only our unique style of wedding, but perfectly complemented the composed, original pieces from our best man! It could not have gone better, and we're thrilled with how Dana does what he does and how he specifically did it for us!! Thank you SO much, Dana!! Absolutely highly recommend Dana for your event!

Rick · Married on 09/24/2016

From beginning to end it was a pleasure working with Dana. He exceeded our expectations in every way, his experience and professionalism put us at ease while planning our wedding. The day of our wedding he continued to impress, he came prepared and ready for any "bumps in the road". As for his abilities as a guitarist, he plays like a dream. Our set list was all over the place, classical, spanish, modern and covers. He nailed them all!! If you are looking for someone to add a elegant touch to your special event, I would strongly suggest you contact Dana.

Julie · Married on 06/16/2016

Dana just played at our wedding in September at the Botanical Garden in Des Moines and he did an amazing job for us. He really is a talented musician and everyone tremendously enjoyed his music. What's more, he was so easy to work with and really went out of his way to understand what we wanted. He was always on the ball with follow-up and planning and everything was exactly as he described. To say he over-delivered is an understatement. He was our favorite wedding vendor hands down. Book him for your next event, you won't regret it!!!!!!

Brent · Married on 10/12/2014

Dana Starkell is a true professional in every sense of the word. He is friendly, creative, timely, has a great attitude and really goes the extra mile to work with you to make sure you have the very best experience possible. He took the time to learn songs and special arrangements to make our wedding day special. Very highly recommended!!!

Dana was a wonderful addition to our wedding! He was very professional, fun to work with, and played beautifully. It was exactly what we wanted for our wedding. I would recommend him to anyone!

I contacted Dana on very short notice (about three days ahead) to provide music for a very small chapel wedding to surprise the bride and groom. The wedding was on a Monday night, and over the course of a weekend, we worked over the phone to select the music. Dana's website was an enormous help, allowing me to listen to the pieces before we discussed the music and to revisit the piece during our call to refresh my memory if needed.

Timing of each of the pieces was complicated given a Catholic mass and no one to cue Dana on when to stop and stop the various pieces. Anyone whose been to a Catholic wedding mass knows there's a lot of standing, sitting, kneeling, and moving within the course of the ceremony -- and music at many of the transitions. Dana assured me he had some familiarity with the mass and would be able to follow an outline I provided, which required him to listen carefully for certain words or actions to take place to know when to start/stop the music.

Dana did a great job. He arrived professionally dressed, well before the start of the ceremony, set up with no problem, and was ready to go with little assistance. He played a selection of his choosing while everyone arrived. We loved it. We were delighted with his professional, unobtrusive service.

Logistics aside, the music was positively lovely and truly added to the special day. The guests commented on how much they loved the music. We wished he didn't have to stop and that we could have taken him along to play for the rest of the evening!

I highly recommend Dana for a wedding. I think he'd be great for a full night of musical entertainment.

I contacted Dana on very short notice (about three days ahead) to provide music for a very small chapel wedding to surprise the bride and groom. The wedding was on a Monday night, and over the course of a weekend, we worked over the phone to select the music. Dana's website was an enormous help allowing me to listen to the pieces before we discussed the music and to revisit the piece during our call to refresh my memory if needed.

Timing of each of the pieces was complicated given a Catholic mass and no one to cue Dana on when to stop and stop the various pieces. Anyone who’s been to a Catholic wedding mass knows there's a lot of standing, sitting, kneeling, and moving within the course of the ceremony -- and music at many of the transitions. Dana assured me he had some familiarity with the mass and would be able to follow an outline I provided, which required him to listen carefully for certain words or actions to take place to know when to start/stop the music.

David · Married on 07/12/2014

Dana was very easy to work with and added a great atmosphere to our wedding. He played beautifully and I received many compliments from our wedding guests about the music.

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2014

My husband and I worked with Dana to provide the ceremony music as well as play at our cocktail hour. We had a wonderful experience working with Dana! He helped us choose songs for parts of the ceremony we were unsure of and what songs would blend together well. He also went above and beyond our expectations by finding and ordering sheet music from France so we could have "Gotta Get You Into My Life" by The Beatles played as we walked down the aisle as husband and wife. The music was beautiful and set the tone for the entire ceremony. He is professional and very friendly. We would highly recommend Dana to anyone looking for a ceremony musician.

Emily · Married on 06/07/2014

Dana was great to work with! He had very detailed information about playing weddings on his website, which we found very helpful. We picked out our ceremony music with him over Skype, and he had several helpful recommendations. He was responsive, organized, courteous, and easy to work with. Also a great musician!

Jalesa · Married on 05/23/2014

Dana is truly amazing! He did everything we wanted and more! His music is beautiful and he is very professional!

Trinity · Married on 05/17/2014

Dana was fantastic to work with from beginning to end. We contacted him pretty far in advance to ask about his services and tell him about our vision for our ceremony. He was incredibly flexible and treated our ceremony as a priority from the beginning, even though it was still many months away (which I can't say for some of our other vendors). I was very impressed by his willingness to answer my many questions and respond to my many emails, even with his busy schedule. He also went out of his way to create a custom guitar and violin arrangement of a Foo Fighters song that we really wanted in our wedding. And he was excited to do it! The music was beautiful, and Dana created exactly the atmosphere we were hoping for with what we asked him to play and what he selected as well. We would HIGHLY recommend Dana's services!!

Jodi · Married on 03/22/2014

We recently hired Dana to play at our wedding at Stone Cliff Winery and he was absolutely wonderful!! From the very first email, Dana was professional, friendly, and easy going. He was very prompt in returning any emails or phone calls and followed through on what he said he was going to do. In the weeks and days leading up to my wedding, Dana would email me and confirm any changes or if I had any questions. We gave him total freedom with music choices except for the processional, interlude and the exit song and he played everything perfectly. He had such a variety of music and songs that were played at the reception. He told us that he really liked Stone Cliff and it showed in the tone he set with his music. I asked our guests what they thought of Dana and everyone said they loved him!! Dana showed up before his schedule time and played though the scheduled time. He brought all equipment and checked with the venue the week before to ensure everything would work well. He also worked with us to add some of our own songs into the reception and was so flexible during the ceremony and reception. I couldn't of asked for better service from Dana and I would absolutely hire him again. If you don't want to stress about the music for your wedding ceremony and reception or any other event, then hire Dana, you won't regret it!

Gina · Married on 07/13/2013

Dana played at our 7/13/13 wedding in Orland Park, IL. He was wonderful and professional during the whole planning process and on the day of the wedding. He called us immediately after we inquired about his services. He kept in contact during all of the planning and even played us songs over the phone when we were choosing our selections. Dana was flexible and professional throughout the whole process. He even learned a song that meant a lot to us. On the day of the wedding, he was timely, professional, and played beautifully. He even took the time to speak with my husband's uncle about their shared interest of classical guitar. I would definitely recommend him to others.

Laura · Married on 05/26/2011

Dana Starkell was absolutely amazing. Everyone loved his music, and he was incredibly easy to work with. I cannot imagine having a more positive experience. Dana was everything we could have asked for and more. He truly helped make our wedding wonderful.

Sent on 01/30/2012

Dana Starkell's reply:

Hi Laura and Nick, Thank you very much and best wishes - a beautiful afternoon!

Marta · Married on 07/15/2006

Dana Starkell was delightful to work with. He was so carefree and easy going. My then fiance and I met with him and gave him an idea of what we were hoping for during the ceremony and during the reception and he played examples of different pieces and we were able to choose everything right then. He plays classical guitar and we had him do more of a latin/spanish feel. He played for both our ceremony and our reception. His music was light and unobtrusive. He enhanced everything rather than detracting from it. During the reception he really helped to set the tone. Dana also provided my husband and I with a complimentary CD of his music along with our package. He is a very talented skilled guitar player and I would highly recommend him to anyone who wishes for live music, but may be on a tighter budget and can't afford a band or even a string quartet. Dana provides his own equipment and the easy thing about a single guitar is that he doesn't require much...just an outlet to plug in and he's set. Dana helped to make our wedding very magical and special!

Tammy · event on: 02/19/2014

We have used Dana for several of our work functions and each time that he is here, our people has enjoyed everything that Dana plays. His personality is also remarkable, he reall engages with the group quite well. We would most deffinently recommend Dana to other copies. We will also use him for any of our future engagements that we may have coming up.

Kirk · event on: 02/14/2014

Mr. Starkell was the solo performer at a very high end gourmet restaurant where diners required and expected only the very best in tasteful and appropriate entertainment in a very close setting. No one other than Mr. Starkell could have done so. The reviews were OUTSTANDING.

Kirk · event on: 05/17/2014

Mr. Starkell entertained a rather large group of almost 300 for dining and conversing at a local art museum. The guest reviews as well as those from the entire staff were beyond any expectation. Mr. Starkell is a consummate performer professional in every way. I would highly reccomend you consider him for any important event.

• User4599559 · event on: 11/29/2014

We received many compliment from the guests who attended the party

• User4613907 · event on: 12/03/2014

Dana is a masterful musician, but also a genuine gentleman. He is very professional and easy to work with, and I would recommend him to anyone needing a classical guitarist. We brought him to an on-campus eatery to create a relaxing ambiance prior to finals week, and the students responded really well to him.

Theresa · Married on 09/03/2016

Dana was awesome at our wedding shower. Perfect music for any event. He was very helpful throughout the process and great to work with. Well worth the money and so glad we found him. I would recommend his services to anyone looking to provide a good entertainment for their guests.