D&P Multimedia Reviews

36 | Albrightsville, PA

36 Reviews for D&P Multimedia

cassandra · Married on 08/08/2015

3.5

They did an amazing job. You did not even know they were there and they captured every moment.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/02/2015

Great vidographers all around! They were extremely discreet, never making us feel nervous or on the spot, in fact we barely saw them throughout the day/night. Final video is amazing, and something we'll always treasure.

Sent on 02/06/2017

MaraLynn · Married on 08/16/2014

Chris was very patient and very professional even when we were late and even when our wedding party go a little "out of hand!" He took his time with us and never rushed us or our pictures. He also had very good ideas for different poses! I would recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 08/22/2014
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2018

2.4

Being upfront.

When I first reached out to D and P Multimedia, I was very excited to find a videographer within my budget. My disappointment with this vendor though was after my wedding. It took D and P 9 months, to get my video back. When booking, I asked how long I could expect to wait until I got it, I was told 3-5 months. 3 months being the earliest, and 5 months I would expect to be the latest. For 4 more months after my initial estimate, I contacted Chris at D and P regularly and was given, “ we are working on it the best we can, we are constantly working on it”, and I wish he had actually acknowledged that it would take longer than that. I would have appreciated a follow up especially since it would be late. For the price, I’d have been happy to wait longer if that was what I was promised from the get go. The quality of the product was decent and we are happy we finally got our video back. We did have an issue with our video it had a rendering error but Chris immediately sent me back a new one. They were very professional, at my wedding and I’m thrilled to have a copy. Just be aware it will probably be longer than what they tell you.

Sent on 09/22/2019

D&P Multimedia's reply:

Thank you for the review. We did struggle this year with turnaround. We had a very overwhelming year. When originally quoting turn around time it was accurate. A lot changed over the past year or so. Because of this backlog and making our customers wait longer than anticipated we have worked hard to revamp our equipment, schedule and process to provide a faster turnaround yet keep our prices affordable. We still have a backlog to deal with but we are moving forward to ultimately fixing this problem without sacrificing quality or increasing price.

Sam · Married on 10/27/2017

2.2
      3.5
      1.0

My video is beautiful, Chris and Linda were great at the wedding. Didn’t even notice them! BUT it took 10 months to get my video back. I would email every few weeks and rarely got any responses. Once I did finally get a response, I was told that they had “so many weddings” and he blamed it also on his “organizational skills” which is absolutely ridiculous. Don’t get me wrong, my video is gorgeous but it better be since I waited almost a year for it.

Sent on 08/21/2018
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 05/05/2019

2.2
      1.0

Delayed turn around & slow responses

Ill start by stating that the quality of the video is good for the cost of services... but the lack of professionalism when communicating about the turn around time is a biggest downfall of this vendor. It took much longer than our contract stated and trying to determine an actual date when we would receive our footage was strenuous; either dealing with a lack of response or a lack of factual information other than that they were incredibly backlogged. When we finally were given a date that we would receive our video we ended up waiting an additional couple of weeks before they actually finished it and were ready to send it out due to them being so far behind. There was no proactive communication on their behalf. The only updates we received was through me reaching out, sometimes numerous times, before receiving any response.

Only after filing a complaint with the BBB did we start to receive any sort of timeline and rather than being professional, I felt they were defensive, and belittling; insinuating that I wanted to be put ahead of other customers to rush our delivery time, and miss-conceiving my last straw effort as a "threat" - when all I was looking for was accurate time frames and a little bit of pro activeness from them when experiencing further delays.

For a company that has been around as long as they have, it was surprising that they lacked a certain level of communication skills.

When we did finally receive our videos there are some things we noticed that do not really make sense and are disappointing. For example his wife was there capturing us getting announced into our reception yet in our final video, none of the reception entrances were included. Probably the most disappointing is the fact that we hired a live violinist to play music for our ceremony and for some reason in our video they dubbed another song over our ceremony music. Since we had an unplugged ceremony, this was the only footage we had of that and now we have nothing to remember it.

As a side note, their website does state that they pride themselves as working as a husband/wife duo but Chris did not actually attend our wedding. An assistant was sent with his wife. There was no prior communication on this as well. Although Chris states otherwise, but if he were there he didn't introduce himself to myself or my husband, or have any interaction with our wedding venue staff or coordinator. The only two people we worked with all day were his wife and her assistant. So take it for what you will.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Jordan · Married on 09/16/2017

1.8
      1.5

I wanted a videographer, but I didn't want to pay an arm and leg like some other videographers charge, so D&P Multimedia fit that budget well & looking at their video's, I liked their work, so I hired them. I believe I heard from Chris one time before the wedding wanting the remainder of the payment. I had reached out thinking they would want to meet me, get to know me so they'd have a better understanding at what was important to me and what I'd like for them to catch on video. He wrote back to me saying he's busy during wedding season (of course) but that he would contact me a couple weeks before through phone & go over everything. That phone call never happened. Oh well, I brushed it off as my day was a couple weeks away. On my wedding day, obviously not had met him, I was a bit taking off guard when all of a sudden a "random" guy was in our venue home as us girls are getting ready. He introduced himself as the videographer, but I still really believe it wouldn't been much better if I had met him previous to the wedding day. Chris let me know that his wife couldn't make it so their son filled in for her, okay no problem. I will say, I had no clue they were videoing - they did pretty much stay out of the way so we didn't know they were there. Now go forward in time to MAY (remember, wedding was middle of September) and we FINALLY received our PREVIEW after asking 3 times when we'd see it. It took EIGHT MONTHS to get our 3 minute preview and he was not responsive at all when I was asking for updates. He told me every excuse for why we didn't have our actual video yet... After emailing him multiple times (again) because he kept saying he'd send it and never would, he mailed it at the very end of JUNE. Almost 10 months after our wedding! Parts of it were fantastic. Others, mediocre - the framing in some scene's was poorly off, too zoomed in. I wish they were more personable & were honest about shipping it to me or else this would be a different review.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

1.4
      1.0

Very unhappy with this videography. We had our wedding 9/2017 and we have just received our video today (8/28/2018). We were told at the wedding that they were three months behind. At three months, I had to inquire and was assured that is was almost done. After a few more inquires, made on my part, we finally got the preview which we were happy with. We got this in about July. Come two weeks before our anniversary, we still had no video in the mail. I messaged them and finally they mailed it out. The video was subpar at best. The three songs they asked about to include were not on the video. The cuts were abrupt and choppy. The sound was loud and soft, and some of the songs were in the background and others in the foreground. Also, there were a lot of shots with the other videography/photographers. We are happy we have the video but would definitely choose a different company.

Sent on 08/29/2018
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 08/25/2018

1.4

Not happy with video

It took a year to get our video, it didn't have alot of the shots that they said it was going to, the preview was awesome but totally disappointed in the video. They didn't have a check list of things we might be wanting or not thinking about. Didn't check out our venue before the wedding it was such a beautiful place so many options for pics and they didn't see any of them. Until we thought about them it was too late.

Sent on 12/16/2019

Vanessa · Married on 09/22/2017

0.8
      0.0

Cannot review something if I haven’t received my video . My wedding was in September 2017 and I was never given my video..

Sent on 03/19/2018

ANGELIQUE · Married on 09/12/2015

0.0

DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.. PICTURES WERE NOT OF PROFESSIONAL QUALITY. VIDEO WAS WORSE...

Sent on 10/04/2016

D&P Multimedia's reply:

This is completely fake. I am not sure what the goal was here. I can only assume by everything that happened that either they were trying to get something for nothing and failed at scamming me or the marriage didn't work out. I have been doing this for 24 years and most of my work comes from referrals. We went above and beyond for this person and they slapped us in the face. We gave them $1,000 off their package. $1,000 ! Because they gave us a sad story that we fell for. They took advantage of our generousity and then tried to scam us by getting the CD of all images and then trying to reverse charges on the credit card. Luckily for us the credit card company was smart enough to see what was going on here. We forgave them and tried to move on and their response was this.