Cupcake Jones Reviews

61 Reviews for Cupcake Jones

1 User photo

Cupcake Jones 1

Estrella · Married on 01/26/2019

Delicious and Easy to work with!

We loved our cake and cupcakes from Cupcake Jones! He had about 140 guests so we decided to get both big and small cupcake in addition to a 2 tiered cake. Everything was incredible. The small cupcakes were easy to handle and delicious, coming in a variety of flavors. The big cupcakes were filled and looked perfect! We were so happy we chose Cupcake Jones and they are definitely our favorite go-to spot in Portland!

Sent on 02/13/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/13/2018

Scrumptious wedding cupcakes!

Our wedding cupcakes and ceremonial cake were so delicious and just our style! Clara Navaille was such a helpful and sweet person to work with and we appreciated the opportunity to do a tasting with her to determine the right flavors and sizes of cupcakes for us. I loved the suggestion of having a small, ceremonial cake to cut alongside the jumbo and mini cupcakes we chose. The other thing I love about Cupcake Jones is that they use locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. I'm excited to return for anniversary and special occasion cupcakes!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Abby · Married on 09/16/2018

We loved having cupcakes from Cupcake Jones. They have a lot of different packages to fit all budgets. There cupcakes are delicious and the staff we worked with were friendly and responsive. We highly recommend Cupcake Jones for your cupcake needs! :)

Sent on 10/01/2018

Cydney · Married on 09/08/2018

Working with Clara from Cupcake Jones was amazing! We initially had some trouble with Cupcake Jones as they were going through some business changes, but Clara made sure to get everything settled and arranged for us. We were able to sample cupcakes and pick our favorites for our wedding (we even made a custom flavor for our guests). We also had a small cutting cake for the reception in our favorite flavor. We paid a little extra for Cupcake Jones to set up the display at our venue and it was worth it. It looked great and they even put our cute little cake topper on our cutting cake for us! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Ben · Married on 12/22/2016

Great service. Ordered cupcakes for a birthday and always amazing.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Cady · Married on 10/15/2016

Cupcake Jones organized and put together a beautiful cupcake and cake display for our wedding.

I got so many compliments on how delicious they all were and more than one person said they tried all the flavors. The red velvet was a big hit! I, of course, only got the single bite from the cake cutting, so I so appreciate that they put together a box for us to take with us. That is a really thoughtful thing, and it was great to enjoy a cupcake and a glass of champagne at the hotel at the end of the night.

Cupcake Jones was one of the best vendors we got to work with, and I was so impressed from the tasting up through the wedding. I think it's amazing that they're all so conscious of everything they do, from using primarily skylights to making sure to support everyone's right to marry.

Shannan in particular was so easy to work with and so organized, it made it all so easy and I didn't feel like I had to worry about anything.

I work only a block away, so I will be in every time I have a cupcake craving!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Amy · Married on 10/01/2016

OMG! Cupcake Jones was beyond professional and of course, their product is amazing and delicious and perfect for satisfying everyone in your celebration. They even accommodated our vegan and gluten free people, and those cupcakes were clearly marked and just as delicious! From start to finish, they were so friendly and helpful, it felt as if we barely had to do anything... but oh darn... TASTE all our options! And the follow up with the honeymoon box was a sweet (pun intended) bonus. We had a cupcake each night of our honey moon as we sipped our libation of choice and reflected on how wonderful it all was... down to the last sweet morsel. Thank you Cupcake Jones! I would totally HIGHLY recommend your expertise to anyone needing one or 1001 cupcakes!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Thanks so much, Amy! I am so grateful for your business and am really glad that you all enjoyed the cupcakes so much. I am even MORE happy that we made things easy and stress free for you, as much s possible. Congratulations again! See you in the bakery! ~Lisa

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2016

Cupcake Jones was the perfect choice for our wedding cupcakes. They were able to meet the requirements of our celiac guests and were so easy to work with. The cupcakes were delicious - I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so glad that you were happy with everything and very grateful you chose to work with us. We are glad we were able to accommodate ALL of your guests and their dietary needs. Everyone deserves to be included in your celebration! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! ~Lisa, Shannan, Peter and the entire Cupcake Jones Team

I wish I had one of their cupcakes right now! Cupcake Jones did an amazing job for our wedding cupcakes. Not only are the cupcakes ridiculously good they also have a sustainable business practice and great customer service. Shannan was so sweet and great to work with. She delivered and set up all the cupcakes. She used platters and stands we provided as well as a few flowers and the end result was beautiful.If I had any questions or concerns she always got back to me promptly. They also give you a secret stash of cupcakes to take on your honeymoon which we totally appreciated during our recovery day. The only criticism I could give is that you are required to attend a tasting/presentation and it was kinda long (around an hour). We had already decided that we wanted their cupcakes for the wedding so it felt a little unnecessary.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Ellen · Married on 09/19/2015

What amazing cupcakes! Everyone loved them, they were a fantastic and easy addition to our garden wedding. No need for cutting and serving, people just got to have delicious cake without the hassle. They were so beautiful, they tasted great and they were a total hit. Everyone at Cupcake Jones was amazingly helpful with the process of choosing a package and flavors. There was never any pressure to buy more than we wanted to compromise in any way with flavors or service.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Thank you so much, Ellen! Your wedding was lovely and we adore the Rhododendron Garden, too! Thanks for choosing us to help you celebrate. It was an honor. We wish you and Tom YEARS of happiness!!!!! Hopefully we will get to help you celebrate many events in your life together! ~Lisa, Shannan, Peter and the CJ Family
  • Robin

Robin · Married on 08/15/2015

Absolutely fantastic vendor to work with, and unbelievable cupcakes to boot. Cupcake Jones knows how to do weddings. From our first meeting all the way to the wedding, they made it so easy on us. Everything was very carefully planned and they had clear instructions for what we needed to do and when. We chose the 'do it all' package and it was SO worth the money. I just picked the flavors and ribbon color and they seamlessly took care of the rest. Plus, our guests LOVED the mini cupcakes vs. a regular cake. Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 08/22/2015

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Thank you so much, Robin! We are so happy that you were pleased with the process and the result. We try hard to respect your time and know that [planning a wedding is BUSY! We try and make things easy. Glad that helped you. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN and thank you for the sweet review. See you on your anniversaries, I hope! ~Lisa, Shannan, Peter and the whole CJ Team

Dani · Married on 08/01/2015

We absolutely loved working with Lisa and her team at Cupcake Jones. In the wedding consultation, Lisa provided incredibly clear information about the services provided, her company's values, and how to best decide on flavors and quantity. Once we booked, working with them to choose our flavors, make payments, and decide on the set up was very easy. They've got a great list of flavors, including some tasty seasonals with summer berries. On our wedding day, they set up the cupcakes between our ceremony and reception while guests were enjoying a cocktail hour and did a beautiful job displaying the cupcakes and incorporating some leftover flowers from our florist. And the cupcakes themselves were delicious - a big hit with our guests! We would highly recommend them for wedding desserts!

Sent on 11/21/2015

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Thank you both so much! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. It was such an honor to work with you both and we wish you many years of happiness together! ❤️ Thank you! ~Lisa, Peter, and the whole CJ Family

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2015

Cupcake Jones was our clear choice from our first meeting with the owners to discuss packages and offerings. We were able to taste a number of flavors and were additionally send home with a box of mini cupcakes in the flavors we had not pre-selected for the first tasting. Where generally only two people are supposed to come to the first meeting, we were allowed to bring along my now sister-in-law who was in town from Canada and was gifting us with our wedding cake - VERY much appreciated!
    A few weeks before the wedding we picked up a half dozen cupcakes to (again!) taste and make our final flavor choices for our big day. Finalizing our order was quick and easy and Shannan was quick and responsive on the phone, via text and via email. Our display ended up beautiful on our big day and we were so happy that they introduced cutting (top) cakes in the months before our wedding so that we could take care of all of our cake needs in one place.
    The only bummer was that we missed receiving our box of special take home cupcakes that was supposed to be set aside for my wife and I so that we could nosh once the festivities were over - but Shannan was quickly accommodating allowing us to pick up this box at a later date. Perfect!
    Every time we were in the shop (Pearl location) all the staff seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs - working with customers and with each other - which was refreshing to see/be a part of as well.
    Additionally: I LOVE that they give back to the community by donating a portion of proceeds each month to a different charity or organization.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Thank you so much, Jessica! Your wedding was GORGEOUS (the co-owner, Peter set it up for you and he took pictures to share with us). Thank you so much again for choosing to work with us. It was an honor to help you celebrate! CONGRATULATIONS again! ~Lisa Watson, Co-Owner

Jason · Married on 05/30/2015

How can you go wrong with cupcakes? And how can you go wrong with the best cupcakes in town. I am a man who loves options and the choice to go with cupcakes over a single cake was perfect. We, somehow, narrowed our selection down to four flavors and each one was super moist and super delicious. They were a hit with us and our guests. The staff was super easy to work with and very accommodating with our addition of a personal cake round to add to the display. I don't know why you're still reading this review, call Cupcake Jones now!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much Jason! What a sweet review. We LOVED working with you and Ryan. What a gorgeous wedding! We look forward to helping you guys celebrate MANY happy occasions in your lives together. Thank you again for working with us and for writing such nice things. See you again soon! ~Lisa

Susan · Married on 10/31/2014

Everyone we worked with there was very helpful, friendly, and professional. Our cupcakes were perfect, and the wedding guests loved them. They made the process very easy.

Sent on 01/03/2015

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Thank you so very much! We are super grateful that you took the time to let us (and others) now that your experience was great! CONGRATULATIONS to you both! We'll be linking to your review on our social media outlets soon, too so keep an eye out! THANKS AGAIN!

christine · Married on 08/02/2014

Love Love Love this place! I am not a cupcake or cake person but this place is my favorite go to for something sweet and amazing. They have such a wide variety of fresh cupcakes everyone will be happy. We had 4 varieties at our wedding, Peter's Chocolate Mint, White Chocolate Marionberry, Strawberry Lemonade, and Chocolate Raspberry. We had mini's and some jumbo's for all of our guests. The display was beautiful and everyone was in a hurry for us to cut our cake so they could go get some. If you are wanting cupcakes look no further! Lisa and her staff are amazing!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Thanks so much Christine! We are so grateful to each and every couple that we get the honor of working with. We're glad you were so happy and we wish you a lifetime of happiness!
    ~Lisa, Peter, Shannan and Everyone at Cupcake Jones

Hands down the best cupcakes I have ever had! We used Cupcake Jones for our wedding
    this past July at Edgefield. They did a wonderful job setting up the cupcakes at the venue and making them look amazing. We provided the stands, but they did all the set-up. They even worked with Le Cookie Monkey to pick up our 6 inch round cutting cake and deliver and set that up as well. All the guests loved them and we had very little left overs!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write. We are so glad that you were happy why our cupcakes and the service. We love love love McMenamins and Edgefield is one of our favorites. Thanks for letting us help you celebrate and we wish you happiness and joy!
    ~Lisa, Peter, Shannan and the Cupcake Jones Family

Rebekah · Married on 06/28/2014

Professionalism, creativity, and deliciousness all rolled up into one! They were on time, their set up was perfect for what I asked, and their flavors to chose from are unbelievable. I can't thank them enough for their services on my wedding day and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Thank you so much! We are all so glad that you were pleased. Our job is to make this part of your wedding planning easy and fun. Congratulations again!

Kevin · Married on 06/21/2014

Having planned a small riverside picnic wedding neither my husband or I wanted a "cake" but we wanted something. After having won a gift certificate from a fund raiser last year I knew Cupcake Jones was what we wanted. We ordered 1.5 dozen Lemoncello and Red Velvet jumbo cupcakes and for ours we had 2 of the Pearl. Everyone ranted about them and I know for a fact there was a fight over the last lemoncello.

Since our guest list was so small and I am deployed with the Air Force we were unable to have the normal taste test and sit down meeting with them but the day we went in to order them it was just as good. The girls that helped us are fantastic.

KT & DJ Easter
    21JUNE2014

Sent on 06/29/2014

Cupcake Jones's reply:

Thank you so very much for the review! Congratulations again and we are so glad that you and your guests enjoyed them! Best wishes!
    Lisa, Peter, Shannan and the CJ Staff

We loved cupcake jones! Every flavor was so tasty. We even got a little second tasting of all the seasonal flavors we couldn't try when we booked them. They are so sweet and professional, and added just the right amount of whimsy and fun to our reception. Everyone LOVED the minis!!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Cupcake Jones was an easy choice for our wedding! At our first meeting, and tasting, we fell in love with company. The business model alone would have sold us, but then we tasted the cupcakes. Divine! So professional, beautiful, and tasty! We got many comments about how lovely and delicious the cupcakes were. If you're looking for cupcakes for any occasion - Cupcake Jones should be your choice!

Sent on 12/03/2013

Allison · Married on 09/21/2013

We decided we wanted cupcakes for our wedding and couldn't be happier to have gone with Cupcake Jones. People couldn't stop talking about how delicious the variety of cupcakes were. We went with S'mores, Mocha Mudslide, PB & J, and they made a speciality cupcake with Marionberries, so that they could coordinate with our color of purple.

There is way more to this company than just their cupcakes. They work with the community, they recycle, they keep it local - all things this native Oregonian loves! They were a pleasure to work with and I can't wait to go back and enjoy even more of their varieties of cupcakes!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/02/2013

We LOVED our cupcakes and the staff from Cupcake Jones! Sooo yummy! We tried a couple other cupcake bakeries in the area for our wedding and they didn't compare to Cupcake Jones quality & taste!!!! There are lots of options when selecting cupcake flavors and quantities. Shannan and Lisa are very accessible for questions and even refreshers on answers to questions they've already addressed...patience is key when working with brides who've lost their mind...brain dead bride, I like to call it :) Can't say enough about them...would use them again for any other event and definitely recommend them with 100% confidence for weddings. They used leftover flowers to decorate the cupcake stand and table and did a GREAT job. Not too much, not too little, super pretty!!! Mmmmm getting hungry...or "jones'n" for Cupcake Jones now, just writing the review :)
    Thank you Cupcake Jones!!!
    Jenn & Brian

Sent on 10/07/2013

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2013

I cannot rave enough about Cupcake Jones! Their cupcakes and staff are amazing! We tasted Cupcake Jones first and then a few others after that. Those other places never could match the quality and taste as Cupcake Jones! I have never tasted Vanilla Bean and Red Velvet like theirs before! There is nothing like it! They offer so many fun flavors that everyone can find something they will love! Lisa and Shannon were so friendly and on top of things. I never had to worry at all! I only wish I lived closer to stop by during the week to taste their new creations! Thank you for making the best wedding cupcakes!

Sent on 09/05/2013

Emilia · Married on 08/11/2013

Cupcake Jones did the cupcakes for my wedding and they were delicious! I had the mint chocolate, red velvet and strawberry's and cream cupcakes! So good! I did the full package where they deliver and setup and they were on time and did a great job. The best part is their prices were the most competitive of the cupcake vendors. Several hundred of dollars cheaper then Saint Cupcake. So Yup my business when to Cupcake Jones. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/20/2013