Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey Reviews

27 | Harrisburg, PA

27 Reviews for Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey

Mark · Married on 12/13/2014

Our daughter's and son-in-law's wedding reception was held at the Crowne Plaza in Harrisburg. Under the leadership of Nicole Evans and her staff, the event planner for the hotel, the reception went off exactly as we had hoped and planned. The hotel's staff was friendly and helpful throughout the process and went "over-and-above the call of duty" on the day of the event. The facility was beautiful, the food was the best that I have ever had at a wedding reception, and the personnel were exceptional. I would definitely recommend this venue and their planner, Nicole Evans, for your event!

Sent on 12/28/2014

April · Married on 12/06/2014

Nicole Evans is the best of the best! From day one, she was friendly, positive, & very easy to work with. She saw our vision & carried it out 100%. As soon as we arrived to our reception, she greeted us with a drink & a smile. She made sure everything ran smoothly until the very end! We had a big crowd (250ish people) and the service was excellent- dinner was served quickly & we could get the party started. Nicole & the rest of the staff at the Crowne are definitely the best crew to have plan your wedding! It doesn't hurt that the wedding group rate for room is 99 dollars! All of our out of town guests spent the night & loved the low rate.

Sent on 12/08/2014
  • W

Wendy · Married on 08/23/2014

This was my third child getting married. Let me say, Nicole Evans is FABULOUS! When she says, Don't worry and let us take care of things, she means it! Although my other two weddings were beautiful, the were a lot more stressful and a lot more work for myself and family and friends.
    We delivered everything to Nicole a couple days before wedding and she handled everything! It looked beautiful. It looked perfect!
    Also, Bobby was my daughter and son-in-law's personal assistant and he did a great job!
    One more thing....my husband runs a business in Harrisburg and some of his employees were guests at the wedding, when he went back to work on Monday, they told him the staff at the reception was wonderful. They were all smiling when the doors opened and said this is going to be a great night! My encounter with the staff could not have been better. Anything I asked for was delivered with a smile.
    I know the hotel is under new ownership, but, in my experience, the staff you have in place for your wedding reception goes above and beyond. Nicole Evans is a true professional and an expert at what she does!
    Also, Hammaker Flowers provided Exactly what my daughter asked for and at a reasonable price!
    I could go on and on.
    This was such a Positive experience!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Tina · Married on 02/01/2014

What a wonderful experience it was working with Amy for our daughter and son in law's wedding. She was extremely gracious, encouraging even as I stressed unnecessarily and helpful beyond measure. She and her staff helped us pull off a flawless event that was not only beautiful and memorable but fun. We highly recommend anyone looking to book a venue to choose the Crowne Plaza Harrisburg for an equally wonderful experience. Thank you, Amy!

Sent on 02/02/2014

Todd · Married on 11/02/2013

We had our reception at the Crowne Plaza in Harrisburg and it was an absolutely amazing experience. We worked closely with Amy Shadday and she was wonderful to work with. She bent over backwards to help us and make our reception a wonderful experience. She was honest and up front with us in all aspects along the way. She really took good care of us and made our reception a resounding success!

The reception is one of the biggest expenses of the day and it was worth every penny. Special thank you to Amy and her Staff for such a wonderful, professional event.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Joyce · Married on 11/02/2013

Loved working with Amy! She is very nice, accommodating and helpful! Food was great!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Vicki · Married on 10/19/2013

After spending some frustrating time at a bridal show, I decided to stop at one more booth. Amy from the Crowne Plaza could tell I was one overwhelmed gal! She gave me the run down of everything the Crowne had to offer and after some deliberation, we signed!
    Our coordinator, Amy, was absolutely awesome! She made sure every detail was taken care of. She kept in contact with all of my other vendors and kept me sane when putting me in my place!
    The package they put together for us included sooo much! My guests loved the venue and the food. They loved that it was easy to get to and the ease of staying at the hotel. The hotel accommodated our needs for our ceremony and made it look quite unique.
    If I had to do the whole experience over again, I would definitely choose The Crowne.
    We couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 11/06/2013

e · Married on 10/12/2013

I used the Crowne Plaza for my wedding block of rooms. We booked 68 rooms and the customer service far exceeded my expectations. Amy kept me informed of who had booked rooms and helped me track down guests that didn't book under the blocked room rate. The front desk was amazing about getting the gift bags to the guests on time and were so nice to everyone who needed a late checkout for flights. All the staff were very patient about the large party in the bar both Friday and Saturday night. We also hosted a breakfast in the restaurant Sunday morning. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. The services provided by the hotel far exceeded my expectations and would definitely use them again! The room rate was also very reasonable. Thank you Amy, you did a great job coordinating everything for me. Ellen

Sent on 10/15/2013
  • Y

Yana · Married on 09/01/2013

Amy the Crown's meeting director was very helpful and honest. She made sure everything ran smoothly, was always available and professional!!!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Cecilia · Married on 08/10/2013

We had our wedding reception at the Crowne Plaza Harrisburg in August and would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone. From start to finish they took care of any need or suggestion we asked for. Their Meetings Director, Amy Shadday was such a pleasure to work with and she was always so positive, flexible, and accommodating! My husband and I had an idea as to how we wanted the evening to unfold and they really made our special day happen without a complaint. My guests even made it a note to inform me how professional and friendly their staff was as well. The newly renovated bar/lounge downstairs made a nice hangout for guests before and after the wedding to grab a drink and being able to have your guests stay at the venue definitely made it convenient for everyone to relax and have a great weekend. Especially if you have younger guests who like to have a good time being on second street was so nice to be able to enjoy the nightlife and not worry about driving/rides. The food was delicious and they also were very flexible on meals. They were willing to adjust anything on the menu and we even brought in a picture of a cool way to serve the salad and they made it happen. We really made the right decision in having our reception at the Crowne and it was nice to be so confident in a venue and staff to actually sit back, relax and have FUN on our special day.

Sent on 08/23/2013

We had our wedding reception at the Crowne Plaza and could not have asked for a more perfect event. From the planning, to the day-of events, everything went flawlessly. Amy Shadday, the wedding coordinator at the Crowne Plaza is amazing! She ensured we felt comfortable every step of the way during the planning process and was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. She not only provided us with excellent service at the Crowne, but also gave wonderful recommendations for other local vendors such as bakeries, DJs, florists, and hair salons. Our guests were made to feel very welcome and special by all the staff at the Crowne Plaza and every detail of our event was incredibly well managed. The majority of our guests were from out of town and ended up staying at the hotel which was convenient and easily allowed us to monitor who needed to make reservations and who was already taken care of. I do not exaggerate when I say that Amy Shadday and the rest of the staff at the Crowne Plaza made our reception seem effortless and perfect. From coordinating perfectly with our other wedding vendors and the amazingly delicious and well done dinner, all the way down to the arrangement of our candy buffet table, our reception was perfect. I highly recommend having your reception at the Crowne Plaza and letting Amy Shadday and the rest of the staff ensure your day is truly perfect.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Denise · Married on 05/26/2013

We had a hotel block for rooms at this hotel. I can not Thank them enough. Every person we came in contact with from the Valet, Front desk, restaurant ... the list goes on and on went ABOVE and BEYOND! I am so happy we chose this hotel. We had a few people staying at the Hilton that after seeing our hotel switched. Amy helped me with the rooms and was delightful, helpful and on the ball.

Thank you so much to EVERYONE at the Crowne Plaza, beyond wonderful stay!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Ariel · Married on 05/12/2013

Planning my wedding reception with Amy was perfect. She worked with me to make sure I had exactly what we were looking for and the day of the wedding, things were flawless. The coordination she provides between the florist, DJ, cake bakery, etc. was something that really made a difference. She covered all the little details that I would have never even thought of on my own and I am so happy I chose this venue and got to work with them. The food came out great and my guests were certainly impressed!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Kira · Married on 06/16/2012

Crowne Plaza provided our post-wedding breakfast and our wedding block for guests to stay in for 3 nights in a row to accommodate our large amount of out-of-town guests appropriately. Amy, the sales manager, was extremely helpful in setting the room block up and keeping us updated as adjustments were needed to add rooms each night. We even earned 2 rooms free because of the amount of rooms guests booked. Amy was also a valuable part of planning our Sunday morning breakfast buffet at the hotel the morning after the wedding. The buffet was delicious and all of our guests showed up to eat during the buffet hours. The staff even offered to keep the buffet open slightly longer to accommodate a few guests that had slept in and to make sure no one else was missing! Wonderful service all around and such a convenient place for our guests to stay as there is so much to do in the Harrisburg area within walking distance if guests came in a day early. Overall the front desk/customer service was fantastic throughout the whole weekend!

Sent on 07/06/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 12/31/2011

I enthusiastically recommened downtown Harrisburg's Crowne Plaza for anyone exploring wedding venues. Our New Year's Eve wedding reception couldn't have been any better. Amy Shadday and her supportive staff went beyond our expectations throughout every step of the planning process and into the wee hours of our late night reception. Their organization, ability to accomodate last minute requests, professionalism, and attention to detail created a truly memorable evening for us and our guests.

Sent on 01/16/2012

Madeline · Married on 11/12/2011

The Crowne Plaza was a great wedding venue! Amy Shadday worked with us and created the reception space of our dreams. The food was delicious and the service we received was impeccable!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Laura · Married on 05/28/2011

We had a wonderful experience with Amy Shadday and her crew at the Crowne Plaza. I would recommend them to my friends and family in a heartbeat

Sent on 06/22/2011

Amie · Married on 10/30/2010

We selected the Crowne Plaza for our reception because it’s one of the few in the area that has a gorgeous space for the cocktail hour that is completely separate from the reception area so that your guests can walk into your reception and fit our 100-160 person guest list. There was good lighting/everything looked good in the light in the ballroom and the other spaces, everything was clean and nice-looking (including basic linens and chair covers), and the carpeting and wallpaper are neutral backdrops for your color scheme. The suite we had for the evening was gorgeous and had 1.5 bathrooms and plenty of space for wedding dresses of all sizes.

After we checked out the venue, we planned the rest of the reception over the phone and e-mail from our home state. Amy, the event coordinator was extremely helpful and flexible and she made sure we all had the conversations to arrange everything. She also worked with my mother who lives in that area and my grandparents who did the flowers for our wedding and showed them what the Crowne Plaza could offer for our use. Amy was also great with the reassurances that everything was done and arranged (and everything was delivered and perfect for our wedding). She was also able to provide vendor references which worked out really well with our DJ. I felt so comfortable working with her and knowing that she knew exactly what I wanted that I sent my dad and the groom to do the tasting and make our menu selection on their own and everything was delicious and well-presented. We even got compliments on the champagne served with the toast! Honestly, EVERYONE we spoke to on the staff was very professional and completely flexible and accommodating about answering our questions, letting us visit the venue on our schedule (we live in a different state), and helping to book rooms for last-minute guests.

Amy was wonderful and every single detail about our wedding was absolutely perfect and exactly as we had pictured it!

Sent on 02/24/2011

Heather · Married on 06/26/2010

Amy was great to work with, especially during the stressful time of planning a wedding. She weas very very calm, attentive, and flexible with the whole pllanning process.

Sent on 02/21/2011

Andrew · Married on 11/20/2010

A great place to have your reception. I would definitely suggest!

Sent on 02/23/2011

We originally looked into booking our hotel block with a competitor, Hilton, but I am so glad we did not go with them, because the Crowne was amazing. Amy Shadday coordinated our block, added rooms when needed, and gave me updates. They allowed our guests to check in early if availability existed and they handed our welcome bags. Brunch the morning after was nice and the food was good. Great hotel!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Amanda · Married on 11/10/2012

We absolutely loved it here! The venue was so beautiful and the staff was very professional and helpful! Our wedding day was more wonderful and beautiful than we even imagined! We will def spread the word!!!

Amanda & Josh Hess

Sent on 11/27/2012
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2012

Working with Amy Shadday of the Crowne Plaza Harrisburg/Hershey was a joy. Our wedding was in May 2012, and everything went smoothly. As most of our guests were from out of town, we enjoyed the convenience of also hosting the rehearsal dinner at the Crowne's restaurant. I fully trusted Amy to handle all of the day-of details for the reception - and everything went beautifully! Our guests enjoyed the food, the drinks and the service. Very happy!

Sent on 01/12/2013

Katie · Married on 07/23/2011

I LOVED having my wedding here!! Amy is just the best. She was incredibly helpful and really saw my vision of what and how I wanted things!! I was so surprised to find out that she would set up everything for me also. I had a lot of little detail type things, and she did everything, just the way I wanted them! I am very pleased with everything about the night. I'm sad that I wont be talking to her much now..... haha. That's how much I enjoyed working with her.
    The staff is great also. From the door man to help with luggage, to the front desk staff helping with my guest bags. All very nice.
    I'm sure Amy had help setting up for that night, so I give kudos to the set up staff as well!!
    Not to mention the location is really great. Right downtown. Close to everything. And a beautiful river front a block away.
    Loved it!! :)

Sent on 08/14/2011

Lacey · Married on 09/12/2009

Staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating.

Sent on 02/17/2011