Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Reviews

42 | Herndon, VA

42 Reviews for Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport

Jill M. Williams · Getting married on 07/13/2019

Makes you feel very comfortable

Jay has been wonderful with my fiancee and I. We are excited to work with him.

Sent on 02/13/2019

KeAunte · Married on 04/20/2019

A must book!

The Crowne Plaza staff and atmosphere was professional and accommodating!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Randell · Married on 09/02/2018

Jay Bhalla and his team are the truth! We are so glad we chose them for our ceremony and reception. Jay was very easy to work with. The service they provided on our wedding day was exceptional! The food was amazing! Our family, Africans, Brazilians and Americans all enjoyed it and can’t stop talking about it. Their ballrooms are beautiful! Thank you all for such an amazing service!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Kayla · Married on 10/21/2017

This review is a bit overdue, but my wife and I felt it was extremely important that we write one. Our wedding was late October of this year. The weeks leading up to your wedding can be nerve wracking, you worry about the things that could go wrong on your big day, while trying to finish up what’s left to do. Our day was perfect. Honestly, it went far smoother, and was even better than we could have imagined. We owe a big thanks to Jay and the Crowne Plaza of Herndon team (especially Renee) for all the hard work, and exemplary service that they provided.

My wife & I had been to a few weddings before, and the one that really stood out to us was the hotel wedding we attended. We picked the Crowne Plaza because of its close location to an airport (70% of our 135 people were coming from out of town, and they have a free shuttle), they had been newly renovated making the venue elegant and fresh, their price point was amazing, and Jay was great to work with from the get go.

I’m pretty sure my wife emailed Jay at least 50 times leading up to our wedding …. And he always responded extremely fast.

We did everything at the venue- our ceremony, a cocktail hour, and the reception. One of the great things about having a wedding at a hotel is- you wake up, get ready, go down, have your ceremony, enjoy your cocktail hour, and then enjoy your reception. There’s no driving or coordinating the movement of people. And since most of our guests were from out of town, they didn’t have to rent cars or spend even more money to enjoy our big day.

The cocktail hour was a big success, and the passed appetizers were delicious. It also gave our guests something to do while we took photos.

The food for our wedding was easily some of the best I’ve ever had for wedding food. Usually the steak is overcooked, or the chicken is dry, or the fish tastes off. Everything came out perfectly. I wish I remembered the Chef’s name, because he did such a great job, he deserves some praise.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Jackie · Married on 04/16/2016

The Crowne Plaza was a wonderful place to have our reception and room blocks for our guests! Jay was so great! Very responsive to my many questions and Rene ran the event beautifully! The ballroom was gorgeous and the set up was perfect. I have to admit, I was nervous about how everything (centerpieces, favors, guestbook, etc) were going to be set up since I have a hard time letting go of control but I don't know why I was nervous because everything was perfect! The room blocks were super cheap; $89 a room! Which is cheaper than I have ever seen for other weddings. The rooms are great! The price for the venue, food, tables and chairs, etc was a great value! The food was awesome! I had several of our guest tell me the it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! I would highly recommend The Crowne Plaza for any of your eventing needs!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Ajaz · Married on 04/20/2014

It was a great pleasure to have hosted my daughter wedding here. Mr. Bhalla provided excellent service to ensure that our event goes as smooth as possible.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Bhupinder · Married on 08/24/2013

Exceptional service!! Simply awesome, everything came together beautifully to make our wedding reception a memorable event. Everything was perfect! Decor, setup, lights, DJ, food... everything was a like a dream. I still get compliments for the event and I am so grateful I choose this venue. Centrally located, close to the airport and exceptional service. Jay is a rock star, he has everything under control and extremely resourceful, he is a gentleman and runs the show with ease. Oh my the food was out of the world, people took food home after eating to their hearts content... it was that good and I still get compliments for the exceptional food. DJ rocked the house like it was New Years! I have not seen my family dance so much,, young...old... all danced together ... rocking to the beat... Decor was laid out beautifully and it felt like walking into a dream... simply awesome. Guests were received well and good care was taken.. great collection of drinks... very welcoming... everything went according to plan was a BIG success, no issues ... simply FUN and what a night indeed! I'm so grateful and thankful for the entire team for making my reception a day I will always remember and cherish forever ...

Sent on 11/18/2014

BASIT · Married on 03/16/2013

It was a great pleasure from all the Crowne Plaza staff including and especially Mr. Jay Bhalla to host our wedding event in Grand Ballroom hall on March 16th 2013. Mr. Jay Bhalla has helped me to develop a huge contact network of vendors, planners, and other professionals which play a vital part in coordinating a wedding plan. He made arrangements and plans which were according to the expectations and dreams of the bride and the bridegroom. His drive and abilities will truly be an asset to your establishment. He is fun, enthusiastic, trusting and trustworthy. Mr. Jay made our auspicious occasion very smooth and memorable.

Furthermore, Mr. Rene has done an outstanding and tremendous job from beginning till the end of the event. I have received many great comments from our guests that he was so cooperative, calm and very helpful. He fulfilled all my requirements while our event was in placed.

To conclude, I would highly recommend all my family members and friends to work with Mr. Jay Bhalla to host their upcoming events at Crowne Plaza Dulles now and in future. I can personally assure everyone Mr. Jay is doing a fantastic job to make your event so special. Please accept my heartiest thanks to all the Crowne Plaza event organizing team.

Sent on 11/17/2014
  • F

Faryal · Married on 06/23/2012

Everything was great. Thank you

Sent on 07/18/2012

Marlene · Married on 06/10/2012

Thank you to the entire staff of the Crowne Plaza Dulles in particular my sincere thanks to Jay Bhalla, Rene and Chef Arnoldo. The food was delicious and everything was great. To plan a wedding is very hard but at The Crowne Plaza everything turns to be smooth and marvelous

Sent on 08/09/2012

Mary · Married on 04/21/2012

We could not have had a nicer reception than the one that the Crowne Plaza provided for us. The Director of Catering,Jay B. was very nice, accomodating, knowledgeable,and efficient. He was very quick to respond as questions arose! The reception room for both the cocktail hour and dinner was beautiful. The staff was eager to please and everyone was taken care of well. My daughter and her husband had a wedding they will always remember. We all feel fortunate to have had the wedding at the Crowne Plaza.

Sent on 04/26/2012

Hala · Married on 12/02/2011

Great Service. Very flexible and very patient

Sent on 12/05/2011

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2011

We held my wedding at the Crowne Plaza Dulles hotel on Saturday, September 24th and it was absolutely wonderful! Our guests raved about the appetizers served during the cocktail hour, the Ballroom was simply beautiful and the dinner was delicious. The staff did a phenomenal job. They were pleasant and attentive at every turn. We are so glad that we booked with Crowne Plaza.

When we began to look for a venue, it was very important to have it in local. I had heard from a friend that Crowne Plaza did a nice job with weddings. We met with Jay Bhalla and he made things very easy for us right from the start. While we looked at other venues, Jay held the date for us at the Crowne Plaza until we could decide. He went over the wedding package and gave us additional options to fit all of our needs. He was always available by phone or email and was always prompt in responding to any questions that we had. He and his staff did a wonderful job. We will be returning to the Crowne Plaza for any future events we may host and we will definitely recommend the Crowne Plaza to our friends and associates.

Thank you to Jay Bhalla and everyone at the Crowne Plaza for making this such a memorable occasion.

Thank you Crowne Plaza for maintaining high standards at your hotel and yet remaining an affordable place to do business.

Sent on 11/04/2011

J. · Married on 06/18/2011

Crowne Plaza is a great place to hold a wedding reception. We spent months researching nearly every venue in Northen Virginia and several spots in DC and Maryland and the Herndon Crowne Plaza offered the best value. The catering manager, Jay, was very easy to work with and he ensured that our reception went very smoothly. Our guests were very pleased with the quality of the servive, the food, and the entire experience. We highly recommend this place!!!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Farhan · Married on 05/22/2011

Jay Bhalla was very helpful. He always was there for us even last min changes. We looked around best deal and now I know for sure also best service.

Sent on 07/15/2011

Siyon · Married on 01/08/2011

The Catering Manager Jay Bhalla and everybody were really helpful. The reception hall is awesome.

Sent on 01/11/2011

Manu · Married on 10/10/2010

The fact that you can work easily with the staff - who understands your needs, cultural values and gives you an instant response towards any last minute questions you have- makes Crowne Plaza, Herndon - the place to do your parties..... We love how the picture came out after the event. The place looks gorgeous, excellent parking facility, wi-fi access for all my guests... loved it.....

Sent on 10/14/2010

Lena · Married on 10/02/2010

I LOVEEEE the Crowne Plaza. Jay Bhalla, Catering manager, was super responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. He was flexible with my budget and my time and was always responding the same day in answering all of my questions (and trust me, there were A LOT!). The hotel staff were super accommodating and allowed my bridesmaids and me to set up everything the night before at no extra charge. My entire family and guests were impressed with the high quality of customer service provided on the day of. I would hands down recommend this hotel to EVERYONE who's going to have a wedding in the MD/DC/VA area!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/04/2010

Jennifer Warhurst · Married on 09/25/2010

We had our ceremony and reception at the Crowne Plaza Dulles and it was perfect! We were working with Jay Bhalla, and the quick and attentive service he gave us from start to finish was unbelievable. He listened and executed all of our wants and wishes beautifully. He even made sure he saw me to the door before I walked down the aisle! The hotel looked amazing! The service was excellent and the food delicious, and all at such a reasonable price! Crowne Plaza made our wedding day dreams come true and we would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/15/2010

HARI · Married on 08/14/2010

It was amazing! too good. Very well organized, arranged and great team work. Everyone appreciated very much. Special thanks to Mr Jay Bhalla for working with us right from the begining and made our day. We will never forget ...always remember....special thanks to My Jay as well the entire staff.

Sent on 08/17/2010

Ann · Married on 06/05/2010

I was very skeptical about using Crowne Plaza at the beginning for my wedding reception but I must say I have no regrets.Jay Bhalla was a pleasure to work with. He responded to my e-mails in a timely manner and was very flexible in meeting all our numerous requests. He was simply the best vendor we worked with!

On the day of the wedding, the staff looked very smart, the food was good and the service was excellent. We couldn't be happier with the way things turned out. A very big thank you to Jay and his team for a job well done!

Sent on 06/30/2010

Sonjay · Married on 02/02/2010

Jay Bhalla and Raul Laredo were both delightful and extremely helpful in making this a pleasing experience!

Sent on 03/26/2010

Nichole · Married on 09/19/2009

Jay made this experience one of the easiest. I had heard many horror stories but I was put to ease. He was patient and walked me through everything. He has many many contacts to assist in your preparation, take him up on it. The DJ he recommended was phenominal. I just I taken his advice on the photographer. Melissa was also incredible. We had to block off rooms, and she made that easy. When we went over our block, no worries she just added more.

Thank you again Jay and Melissa for helping to make my wedding the day I had always dreamed of, we will definitely use you guys again.

Sent on 10/01/2009

Michelle · Married on 08/01/2009

We were extremely happy with the quality of service the Crowne Plaza provided. Jay Bhalla went above and beyond to ensure all of our needs were met and was a joy to work with! The food was excellent, the staff was very professional, and the hotel was very accomodating to all of our guests. The Crowne Plaza was very reasonable providing a low room rate for our wedding block, a reception including a cocktail hour and dinner, and buffet breakfast the following morning at half the price of competitor hotels without lacking any service. We highly recommend the Crowne Plaza...do yourself a favor and check it out!!

Sent on 08/09/2009