Critsey Rowe Photography Reviews

Critsey Rowe Photography 7
  • Hilary

Hilary Renee Levine · Married on 05/25/2019

magical photographer

When planning our wedding the most the thing we most desired was beautiful, classic and timeless photographs to treasure, which is absolutely what we got with Critsey Rowe Photography. Critsey’s photographs are truly amazing. They are rich, vibrant and captured the emotions and sentiments of the day perfectly. Critsey’s attention to detail was exceptional and her photographs tell a story and make you feel like you are experiencing the day from the very beginning. Her artistry is simple masterful. She has an exceptional eye for style, placement, color and lighting. She knew exactly what placement to use to get the most desired photograph. The photographs look like they are straight out of a magazine. Not only were the photographs special, but Critsey made the entire process easy. From our first phone call, we felt relaxed and comfortable with her. She was open to all ideas and suggestions and was so complimentary and excited for us and the wedding. She was filled with ideas and had creative ways to photograph our three dogs who were groomsmen in the wedding. Our dogs came out looking like adorable dolls and to say the images are cute cannot even begin to do them justice. Critsey was organized and meticulous and made sure every shot was captured in a timely manner so as not to take away from the wedding. Critsey herself was exceptional to work with and kind beyond measure. It is rare to find someone so talented, as well as an exceptional person filled with goodness, kindness and love. She helped me get dressed and did things way outside the scope of a photograph, all the while gracious and happy to be part of the event. She moved me to tears when she was helping show my family how to properly bustle my dress. Critsey’s attention to detail is truly incredible, down to the thank you note she sent following the wedding. It was such a thoughtful gesture yet meant so much to us. We truly cannot say enough wonderful things about Critsey Rowe Photography. Choosing her, who was the first vendor we hired, was the greatest decision. There is no doubt why she is listed as one of the top photographers in Charlotte and we would argue that she is the very best in all aspects. We are thrilled with our experience with Critsey and cannot recommend her highly enough. Her photographs are magical and capture the essence and beauty in all ways.

Sent on 06/29/2019

Jamie · Married on 03/30/2019

Best Photographer Ever!!

I can’t say enough wonderful things about Critsey and the amazing work she does!! I must have told her at least 100 times at our wedding how much I loved her. Here are just a few words to describe Critsey - talented, creative, professional, responsive, fun, calming, dedicated, experienced, sweet, and the list goes on and on. At the end of your wedding, all you have left are your memories and the photos. I am so glad Critsey is the one who captured our photos. She knows all of the right timing, angles, lighting, background, etc. to give you photos that truly bring you back to that moment when you look at the picture. I put my full trust in Critsey and she exceeded expectations. Critsey will be the first person I call when it’s time for newborn photos!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Julia · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Photographer!

Critsey Rowe is a fabulous photographer. Our wedding photos were one of our top priorities when we started planning our wedding and Critsey is one of the best in the business. She is so personable and kind. She gets to know her clients and works well with the entire family! Our pictures told the story of our special day. I was nervous before the wedding because I didn’t get a videographer but after getting our photos back I was so content with our decision. Critsey captured everything so beautifully we felt the love and happiness all over again looking through our photos! I would recommend her to everyone I know!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Jackie Southwell · Married on 11/03/2018

Highly recommend! Truly amazing and talented photographer!

Critsey helped my daughter with her wedding photos this past November and we were beyond thrilled with the experience! Critsey and her husband Thomas are the best! They worked tirelessly to capture every aspect of my daughter's wedding day! Critsey helped us with the timeline for the day and kept us on schedule all while capturing truly amazing photos that will be everlasting treasures for our family. Our guests were NOT standing around waiting at the reception wondering where the wedding party was! Most importantly, Critsey and my daughter formed a bond leading up to the wedding that made Critsey and Thomas feel more like family members instead of photographers we had hired for the wedding. We are truly thankful they were part of our incredible day and would highly recommend working with them.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Jimmy Demopoulos · Married on 10/27/2018

First Class Service, Quality and Commitment

Our wedding planner recommended Critsey Rowe Photography and my wife had the pleasure of meeting Critsey, of course without me as the groom. My wife decided to go with Critsey because it was pretty clear from her work, her attention to detail and commitment to provide high quality photography especially given the understanding that these pictures document the most important and special day of our lives. When my wife got her bridal portraits, I knew we made the right choice when I saw tears stream down her face not just because it was reminding her that she is getting married, but also because I know how much quality and service mean to my wife; the portraits were gorgeous. On the wedding day, it was amazing to see Critsey and Thomas move with such grace and confidence which gave us peace of mind that our photography would be world class. During the pictures after the ceremony, some of the shots they took were clever and well-thought out but also they had a sense of humor and were genuine people which also meant a lot to us. When received the final product, words do not convey the world class effort and quality were captured within our pictures. They are simply breath-taking! We made the decision before the wedding not to do a video that made me a bit nervous. However, Critsey's pictures were so phenomenal, that a video of the wedding is not even needed given the rigor, care and commitment she, Thomas and their assistant put in to capturing the most amazing moments of our lives. I would recommend them to anyone for any event! Thank you Critsey and Thomas for making our wedding day that much more special!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Jennifer Hyatt · Married on 09/08/2018

Photography at its best!

Critsey Rowe provided us with exceptional service for our wedding and engagement shoot. She was always open to our suggestions and put our personal styles first. She was timely, patient and a true gem to work with. We would recommend her to anyone who wants the best in a wedding photographer.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Megan Reddy · Married on 07/14/2018

Wonderful Photographer!

Critsey Rowe and her team are wonderful! The photographs are gorgeous and she really listens to what you want as a couple. I would hire her again and recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Courtney · Married on 05/18/2018

Critsey was so great to work with, we could not have had a better experience. She is thoughtful and organized. I have a really big family and was concerned about how the family photos would work out and Critsey walked me through it. On the wedding day everything went smoothly and Critsey got all the pictures we wished for without any trouble at all. My family is not the easiest to corral so I must say I was really impressed.
    I heard about Critsey from friends before I was even engaged and I started following her on Instagram. I thought I probably couldn’t afford her but I asked for pricing anyway and was pleasantly surprised she is very affordable. She also came highly recommended by several of our vendors and our venue.
    I should also mention my mom is a wedding planner in Ohio and she was very impressed with Critsey. She loves her so much she is already trying to get her weddings in Ohio.
    All in all I only have great things to say about my experience with Critsey Rowe Photography. She is truly is one of the BEST!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Cynthia · Married on 05/11/2018

When looking for our Wedding Photographer, we found Critsey and she stood out above the rest. We found her after one of my good friends referred her. She photographed her wedding a few years ago and when I saw the photos I knew she had a special talent. So we went for it and decided to go all out – Engagement, Bridal and Wedding Photographs. We are even signed up to do a one year anniversary session at Biltmore Estate with Critsey after seeing the photos she did for someone else there. Stunning doesn’t even begin to describe those photos. I can’t wait for our session there. Critsey is so easy to get along with, she felt like a bridesmaid with a camera and she takes the most BEAUTIFUL photos.

Critsey is extremely organized and answered every email promptly and was always so sweet. She also has resources for any and all questions you might have (What should we wear, how much time will we have, where are we meeting…), guidelines of what to do and not to do to make your photos turn out the best and as natural as possible – everything comes in beautifully layout guides so you can navigate and have all your questions answered, even the ones you didn’t think of! She she has thought of everything! Critsey has a great balance of energy which helps brings you to life for your photos, and yet she can make you feel like she is almost not even there, allowing her to capture the most amazing and intimate moments. Whenever someone asks us, we’re always quick to rave about her! My best friend is getting married next year and guess who she said she just HAD to hire?! That’s right – Critsey Rowe Photography! We promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Nick · Married on 05/06/2018

Critsey and her husband Thomas knew all of the best spots to take pictures at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. We received nearly a thousand photos from them and we love every single one. As many people recommended, if you're going to choose an area to make an extra investment in for the wedding, make it in the photography as you'll enjoy the photos for a lifetime. I'm glad we listened!

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Critsey Rowe Photography 15
    Critsey Rowe Photography 16
    Critsey Rowe Photography 17

Collin · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I were married on the 9th of September at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. Critsey was on their preferred provider list for a good reason. We instantly connected with Critsey via Skype for our first meeting. Our first in person meeting was during our complimentary engagement photo session which turned out wonderful. Critsey had photographed at this location before and knew all the great spots. She asked us about our families and what photos we would want that were not the standard family photos. Critsey made each photo happen seamlessly. We have not stopped looking at our pictures since we got them. She captured moments that we would have never thought of. Her and Thomas knew all of the best spots at Daniel Stowe as well. She was truly amazing to work with and an absolute treasure in the queen city. We can't thank you enough for capturing our special moments Critsey! You are the #1 photographer in our books.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Jessie · Married on 09/24/2016

Our photographer was one of the first things we picked out for our wedding- and we made the absolutely perfect choice. Critsey and her husband have so much talent and are so warm and easy to work with. The photos speak for themselves, but they don't tell you how fun they are to get! Critsey truly has a way of capturing moments that are unique to the people, day, and event- so her photos always look unique and special. Our first look photos are probably my favorite! The photographers both set that moment up and then captured it- which was amazing. From the engagement shoot to her sending us our final photos, it was a true pleasure to work with her. We were blown away by the quality and beauty of her photos. She captured all the important moments, details, and events of our day. Everyone who sees the photos absolutely adores them.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Maria · Married on 06/12/2016

SO magical! Critsey came highly recommended to me by other Greek brides. I was having a big fat Greek wedding and needed someone who knew our traditions and could capture our special moments. From the start, Critsey was amazing. My engagement photos and bridal shoot were both so enchanting!!!!!! She is so creative and has so many amazing venues up her sleeve. When it came to my wedding day, the whole team did a fantastic job! They started at 12 p.m. and ended at 12 a.m. Critsey's photos were remarkable. She can do anything! She ranges from traditional to modern, artsy & not to mention the best candids that capture the spirit and fun of your wedding day. Critsey is so sweet and easy to work with. She puts so much love and effort into her work and truly treats her clients like good friends.

Sent on 10/06/2016
  • Monique

Monique · Married on 05/28/2016

Critsey was wonderful in all aspects. She was very professional and she even helped my wedding reception flow smoothly. Her photography work truly tells a story.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Virgnia · Married on 05/21/2016

We chose Critsey because she continually came highly recommend from every person that we know who had been married recently. We also really liked her style. She was on time and was very professional in all aspects of the wedding day. Her husband did a wonderful job with the groom and groomsmen as well. We loved all the pictures (over 800!) that she presented to us. She really knows her profession inside and out. No wonder she has won so many awards. She was reasonably priced for what you got. We highly recommend her to anyone who needs an excellent, professional and friendly photographer for their wedding.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Caitlin · Married on 10/10/2015

WOW WOW WOW - I just love Critsey and Thomas! I had the pleasure to have our engagement session, bridal and wedding day photos taken by the talented team. During our engagement session, the duo made the afternoon of shooting a blast and captured amazing shots full of laugher and love. Critsey even offered fun advice on props! During my bridals, I loved how Critsey and Thomas made the session fun and relaxing. I have honestly looked at my photos a million times as I couldn't believe it was me! The photos are breathtaking as the backdrop and creativity in the shots was beyond my expectations. After the wedding, I was able to show family and friends and they agreed they are magazine worthy!

I recently got married in October. Thomas was our lead photographer and made our day perfect and stress free. He was also a trooper as it rained our entire wedding day - and he always had a positive smile on his face and demanded we take fun rain shots!! I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture all the details and love of our wedding! I can't wait to see our wedding photos. I know they will be beautiful.

Thank you again Critsey and Thomas as we are beyond thrilled with your work!!! XOXO

Sent on 11/01/2015

Caroline · Married on 09/25/2015

These wedding photographs are the best I have ever seen! She captured every detail of the entire event perfectly and left nothing out. She was very professional and instantly made us feel comfortable. I could not have asked for more. She thought of poses that we never would have thought of and they were fantastic! We wil cherish these pictures forever!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Therese · Married on 08/08/2015

Critsey Rowe went above and beyond in every way – from booking a mini engagement session in Charlotte for the newspaper to trekking to Charleston for our engagement shoot (same swamp location as the row-boat scene in The Notebook) to capturing the most meaningful moments of our wedding. Our photos from our Charleston engagement shoot were even PUBLISHED in Carolina Bride Magazine! So much more than just photos, they truly are heirloom quality pieces. Truly, her photography will be cherished for generations to come.

Before meeting our photographer, my biggest fear was that our photos would look like that couples section of the high school yearbook. We definitely didn't want anything too cheesy or generic. While she does lots of portraiture, many more from her shoots are of a photo-journalistic or documentary style. Even in doing portraits, she doesn't do stiff posing. Her photos just have that something extra. Though she helped to coach us into some of the shots, we were so relaxed and happy that we completely forgot that she was there.

Critsey shot our wedding with her husband, Thomas Geist. They're always in sync - both relaxed and deliberate. They communicate so well verbally and non-verbally - each watching what the other is doing to get different perspectives/shots to compliment the other.

Besides the gorgeous photos, we absolutely love Critsey as a person. She is so down to Earth and laid back. It can be extremely nerve-wracking to have photos taken professionally the first time. Critsey can make even the most nervous-Nellie/control freak/type A person (aka me) feel super relaxed and comfortable during a shoot.

Critsey also helped me to create a book of sensual and beautiful photos for my husband's groom's gift on our wedding night. It gave us a moment to pause and to have quiet time together after such a wonderful whirlwind of a wedding. We were then able to switch gears and to just focus on each other during our first night as husband and wife.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Kris · Married on 03/06/2015

I booked Critsey for a bridal boudoir session, and all I can say is, WOW. I was a bit nervous as I'm 40 and not in perfect shape, but thanks to Critsey I have never looked better! Plus, she is a pro that made the entire shoot comfortable and downright fun. I cannot say enough what a great experience this was...every woman should do this for herself and/or her significant other. Thanks to Critsey for knowing how to pose and shoot me in a way that made me feel beautiful!!

Sent on 03/30/2015

Critsey is an incredible person and artist. Her work is breathtaking and every time I look at my wedding photos I relive my wedding day.

Sent on 03/26/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/18/2014

Critsey is amazing to work with! She is sweet, professional and best of all... very talented! She is an expert on all things weddings and is willing to share her vast knowledge with her clients. When planning my wedding, the photographer and the pictures were what I cared most about. I am so happy that I found Critsey, she captured the day beautifully and we will forever enjoy her amazing work!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Lisa · Married on 09/27/2014

I loved working with Critsey! She is very talented, has a great sense of humor, and is so easy-going! Her calm demeanor helped me keep calm throughout our engagement session as well as on our big day. She is able to take ordinary as well as extraordinary backdrops and props to create such beautiful and fun photo ops. She was very prompt, professional and responsive with our communications as well as flexible, as we decided we needed more of her amazing talent to capture the great moments of our big day and decided to extend her services by an hour! I really appreciated that she took the time to get to know us individually as well as as a couple - I am so happy with how the photos turned out and would recommend Critsey without reservation to anyone!

Sent on 12/21/2014

Critsey does amazing work. Could not have asked for more beautiful pictures.

Sent on 12/17/2014
  • User3551975 · 2+ years ago

Critsey Rowe was great to work with. She accommodated our unique situation with a custom package so that we would get exactly what we needed. She was available throughout the process and really made sure we got the pictures we loved. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to work with, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/08/2015
  • Troy

Troy Adams · Married on 04/12/2014

Amazing in every regard!

We love working with Critsey Rowe Photography. The images she takes speak for themselves. They're incredible. And so is Critsey. Her dedication to her craft, her creativity, her personality, and her professionalism make her such a joy to work with. Whenever we see we're working with Critsey, we know it's going to be an incredible event, with amazing photos and a great collaborative experience all around.

Sent on 02/05/2019

Critsey Rowe Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Troy! We love working with you and your crew as well!! We are so lucky to know and work with such outstanding vendors!