Country Villa Inn Weddings Reviews

1 User photo

Country Villa Inn Weddings 1
  • Marian

Marian Bock · Married on 09/28/2019

Most romantic setting ever!

My daughter and I visited several wedding venues in Virginia Beach, from ocean front to state park settings, but when we visited Country Villa Inn, we both left with the exact same reaction, that this was the perfect venue for her wedding! The setting takes place in a gorgeous landscaped lawn filled with flowers, greenery, and trees with several islands of gardens. Across the lawn, there is a beautiful archway on a small patio, embraced by lush magnolia trees, just perfect for a wedding ceremony. Magical strings of lights drape across the lawn and wrap around the trees to create such an enchanting ambience that it takes your breath away. Along with all this, the reception area is an open pavilion (with the option to close on rainy days) with abundant room for guests, buffet, cake, entertainment, and dance floor, with a bartending area along side it. The pavilion is again lit with lovely strings of lights. There are so many opportunities to take wedding pictures staged by a little bridge, staircase, and tree swing. This venue made my daughter’s and her husband’s wedding complete, and was more beautiful than we ever expected! Thank you, Petie, for all your help! If anyone is looking for a lovely romantic venue, Country Villa Inn may be the perfect setting!

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Michael

Michael Contrado · Married on 06/29/2019

The perfect wedding venue

We just had our wedding there and it was perfect. The owners are the venue wonderful!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Aw Michael.... We are so glad you chose our venue. We had such a great time meeting you and the families. Great bunch of people. I had a smile on my face the whole day. Very sweet attendees, even the makeup lady, Noel Rissmiller was a pleasure to get to know and work with. Your family and friends really set the bar high. :)
  • Noel

Noel Rissmiller · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautifully inviting!

I work with a lot of venues and couples because I am a makeup artist who travels to many sites for my clients. This property is lovely, and the staff could not have been more friendly and warm to all of us, including the entire wedding party. They are very dedicated to the details and providing a great experience to guests. I can highly recommend this beautiful spot for any type of event, whether it be your wedding, a party or something else!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Noel, we really enjoyed having you here at our venue. I hope other brides choose you so you can return. Great people make any event even better. Thanks for making it better! See you back here soon.
  • Heather

Heather Copas · Married on 06/01/2019

Outstanding and Genuine!

We really loved the layout of the venue and the options. It is a clean slate for us to do with what we want. And the ladies make you feel extremely welcome. Can't wait to have the Wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Heather, It was such a pleasure meeting you and your wonderful "husband" David. You and all of your bridesmaids and groomsmen were so much fun. I am glad I got to meet them personally and enjoy them while feeding you breakfast each morning you stayed with us. We hope you both have as much fun in your married life as Phil and I have had in our "almost" 50yrs. I loved the bright and cheery decorations, they were so festive and fun like you. Congratulations!!

Linda W. · Married on 09/10/2018

Friend of the bride attending wedding at the Country Inn Villa in Virginia Beach, VA

Having attended a friend’s wedding at the Country Villa Inn, I was most impressed with the beautiful and festive setting. The lush grass and lovely flowers planted around the venue, made it feel welcoming and the many lights hung above for the evening reception made it all magical for my friend’s wedding. She told me that the owner of the Country Inn Villa, Petie Bonifant, was the nicest person with whom to work in helping to plan her most important day. Petie was a great listener for the bride and groom’s wedding day wishes. She was articulate in her ideas and suggestions for carrying out their plan at the venue. The day could not have been more perfect for the couple. The “new” Mr. and Mrs., wedding party, and guests had a fabulous and memorable time.

Sent on 03/11/2019

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Gee Linda, thanks so much for the sweet words. Please the bride that I appreciate the lovely accolades as well. I am not sure who the bride and groom were because there is no date and you didn't mention their name, but please tell them thank you for choosing us and we hope they pop by one day to just say hi. Thank you to you as well too!

Danielle · Married on 08/26/2018

Petie, and now Annamaria, were AMAZING! The location is BEAUTIFUL!! every accommodation was just perfect. The bridal suite was just right and the alter and pavilion fit our needs perfectly. It was hot, but the pavilion was cool with the fans. Petie is so flexible and really works with you to make sure you are happy. Annamaria let me do a quick walk through on one of my visits to help me get a feel of how to set up the tables. They are just seriously the NICEST people. They were hands on just enough for us. Helped with some of the table set up earlier on in the day and clean up towards the end. Everything in between, they let us just enjoy ourselves. And we really did.

Sent on 09/06/2018
    Country Villa Inn Weddings 2

Danielle,
    I am sorry I didn't respond to you sooner, but we have been swamped since January 2019. We love what we do and adore our brides and grooms, some are very memorable like you.
    We enjoyed you and everyone at your event that we had the chance to talk to. You were a beautiful bride and Aaron didn't look so bad either. :) Please pop in when you are in the area, we would love to say hi.
    Annamaria is no longer with us, she works at a chiropracter's office, and seems to love what she is doing there. I have a great staff and am so lucky to have Terri with us to help keep me organized. :) Thanks again for getting married at our venue. Have a great married life!

Megan · Married on 05/12/2018

Petie goes above and beyond to help make your special day everything you dream of! She's very easy going and accommodating.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Megan,
    You were so beautiful... you made my venue even prettier! So glad that you and your friends had a good time.

Katerina · Married on 05/06/2018

I’m so glad I chose this venue for my ceremony and reception! The owners are the most precious people I have ever met and accommodated everything we needed. Their space is set up for dreams to come true! I had a vision of what I wanted and they had the land to make it happen with lights streaming from tree to tree like a wonderland and a giant covered gazebo that is so versatile, it works for any theme. They have so much to offer for me to go into detail, Country Villa Inn Weddings is top notch you don’t want to pass this place up! Not to mention, I stayed the night before at their bed and breakfast and their hospitality was so comforting for pre wedding jitters. If there was a 6th star, I would have given it!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Katerina, you, your bridesmaids, your husband, family and friends are so sweet. It was our pleasure and our honor that you chose us. We thoroughly enjoyed you and your "besties" staying at the Inn. Breakfast chit chat while serving your food, was lots of fun for us too. You had a beautiful wedding and I am so thankful that you and all of your guests had such nice things to say. Maybe we will see you at the B&B for your anniversary.... if not before. Congratulations again. We are blessed to have great couples like you, get married here. :)

Shaleen · Married on 09/08/2017

Petie, The owner was such a pleasure to meet and work with for a beautiful wedding. This is a fantastic spot for you to use your own creativity and have flexibility to make it YOURS. Highly recommend this venue if you would like to have your wedding in an enchanted forest with great people to help along the way.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Shaleen, we are so happy to have worked with you and so glad you enjoyed your time at our venue. We are still here for you if there is anything we can do for you.

Grace · Married on 04/28/2017

Had my wedding at the inn back in October and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue! If you are looking for an outdoor, whimsical and relaxed venue look no further! Petie and Phil were amazing from beginning to end! Seriously Petie will answer any questions you have and even suggest dj's, catering and flowers! She knows her stuff! Petie will do everything in her power to make your day turn out beautifully and run smoothly! Thank you so much Petie :) I can't wait to come back to visit you just because! Love ya!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Grace, your name says it all.... You are such a sweet, giving person and I am so lucky to have met you. We're so happy that you chose our venue. The entire group seem to have a wonderful time and we thank you for the kind words. My staff does such a great job that it makes me look good. :) Come see us anytime, we look forward to it!
    Your friend, Petie

Erin · Married on 02/11/2017

My husband and I were married at Country Villa Bed and Breakfast on February 11th, 2017. It was absolutely perfect. From the first phone call to the final sendoff, the entire experience was perfect. Petie and Phil put their entire hearts into this B&B, and it is apparent in everything they do.

I have a more in-depth review on TripAdvisor which is unfortunately not copy-pasting here in its entirety. Please go find my review there! I could go on and on about this wonderful place!

The atmosphere of the building and grounds as a whole....there isn't a more perfect balance of "exquisite" and "home" than this. That was exactly what we wanted for our wedding and a few days of honeymoon...a completely romantic escape. For the price point of both the wedding ceremony and the room reservation itself.....you're not going to find a better value. The attention Petie and Phil pay not only to every detail of the room, the facility, the meals, but to you as a guest....out of this world.

Please do yourself a favor and spend time here either getting married or spending time with your love. We will be back in the future.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Erin, you and Max were so sweet and it was my pleasure to do whatever I could do for you both. We love our military and we hope you have the most amazing life together. BTW... Loved the video !

My best friend's wedding was this past weekend while the hurricane and storm is going on around us and I just want to say that the service the owners gave my friend and everyone in the wedding was wonderful. They provided us umbrellas and towels for anyone that needed to dry off. Such amazing staff!! I would definitely recommend going to them and I'll love to go back!!!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

It was a crazy couple of days when the hurricane hit, and we were so amazed at how every one of the attendees and wedding party were so upbeat and understanding. We loved that wedding, torrential rain and all! The bride and groom were so excited to stay in the Inn with candles in their room (electricity was off) and thankfully we have propane gas, so they still got their customized breakfast in the morning. :) What a great group of people!

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2016

This venue is beautiful! I got married on 9/10/16 and it was every thing I imagined. Petie and Phill are so accomadating and very personable. They are awesome. We had so much fun having our wedding there and then staying the night and waking up to a four-course breakfast and then a 1 hour couples massage. Country Villa Inn is a perfect place for a wedding.

- Ashley R. Buckland

Sent on 10/21/2016

Shaylyn · Married on 09/04/2016

Our wedding day/night could not have gone any better! Petie and her husband were so wonderful throughout the whole planning process and responded to our questions quickly, made sure the yard was freshly cut and cleared of debris, gave excellent suggestions when we felt a little lost, and really saved the day the morning of with set up. They were so accommodating and we had the most wonderful breakfast after staying in the inn that night. Definitely a gorgeous location run by a lovely couple.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Shaylyn and Dustin, we had as much fun working with you and all of your family and friends during the preparation of your wedding. You were all so sweet and it felt like family members were getting married here. Had a long chat with Dustin's mom just today. Will miss you all!
    We are so happy for both of you and want you to know we are here for you if you ever need anything.
    Petie and Phil

Emily · Married on 10/11/2015

Country Villa was the PERFECT location for our early October wedding, we could not have asked for a better venue! Petie, Phil, and Cassie are awesome and made us feel so welcome and relaxed, we never had to worry about anything related to the venue the entire weekend and leading up to the wedding. We loved that we could have both our ceremony and reception at one location, especially with 150 guests (extremely rare find in the Virginia Beach area)! The natural backdrop of the trees and flowers made for a beautiful setting that is stunning in pictures. Another thing we loved was the fact that we didn't have to rent tables and chairs from an outside source because it was included in the venue cost! Cassie is a wonderful event coordinator and made me feel at ease through the entire planning process, she was awesome with communicating everything we needed to know. I stayed at the B&B the night before the wedding and I was treated like family, and the breakfast the morning of the wedding was so delicious! Everyone joked that they had never seen a bride eat so much the morning of her wedding, but I couldn't pass up such a delicious breakfast! It was great being able to have our rehearsal there the night before and to wake up at the venue and not worry about being late to my own wedding. We wish we could give more than 5 stars, Country Villa allowed us to have a perfect and beautiful wedding! We will definitely stay for a weekend at the B&B in the future!!!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Emily it was our pleasure. You and Pierce were so easy to work with and we loved your family and friends. You were such a beautiful bride, we cant wait to see and share your pictures on our site. Hope one day you both come back to stay at the Inn. Good luck in the future. Keep in touch.

Amanda · Married on 10/11/2014

This venue was absolutely amazing. The owner worked with me and my husband on a flexible schedule. We were able to set things up and do everything on our own schedule, as well. Having 4 hours the day prior for rehearsal, and having the location from 8am to 11pm the day of the event was awesome. Having a room to stay at was wonderful too. And homemade breakfast the morning after. This venue was absolutely fantastic and I would recommend it to everyone!

Heidi · Married on 10/11/2014

I had the opportunity to photograph a wedding here this past weekend. It is a gorgeous venue! The owners are welcoming and accommodating and ensured that everyone in the wedding party and all of the vendors had exactly what they needed to make the day beautiful and successful!

Janelle · Married on 10/04/2014

Petie and Cassie were wonderful. They were both so flexible and helpful! We can't wait to hopefully spend time there for anniversaries in the future. The venue was absolutely beautiful and perfect...exactly what we were looking for!

Sent on 12/13/2014

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Thank you for choosing us Janelle. Your wedding was beautiful. We look forward to seeing your photos. Your whole family and wedding party were so sweet.
  • W

Westley · Married on 09/06/2014

Dj West Entertainment provided Dj services for a wedding on 9.6.14 at the Country Villa Inn Bed and Breakfast. They had phenomenal service provided by the owners as well as the managers that assisted with the planning and execution of the wedding. The facility was beautiful and and for an awesome wedding. My wife and I also stay at the Villa that night and enjoy a extremely comfortable room with a jacuzzi, outdoor pool and incredible 3 course breakfast meal. The owners were very personable and nice and we would recommend this location for any wedding as well as just a weekend getaway.

Dee · Married on 09/06/2014

Petie and Cassie were great to work with in planning our wedding. They were responsive to questions, phone calls, and emails. I highly recommend the site because it is quiet and beautiful. The service provided was awesome and made us feel like we were long time customers/friends.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Andrea · Married on 09/05/2014

Petie, Phil,and Cassie were the best to work with. After we booked our wedding, anytime we had questions or concerns they were right there to help. The site itself is amazing. They were kind enough to allow us to use a few rooms in the house to get ready for the big day. Additionally, they have a very open back yard that made the perfect back drop to our ceremony and reception. Our pictures turned out amazing. There was plenty of room for all of our guest to relax and enjoy the evening. We had fun working with them and appreciate their services very much. I would highly recommend Country Villa Inn Bed and Breakfast for your wedding or next big event.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Travis · Married on 06/14/2014

We had our wedding here. Its a beautiful venue. Petie was amazing. The rooms are beautiful and the breakfast the next morning was outstanding. We couldn't have asked for a better place to spend our special day, and would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Ali · Married on 06/14/2014

Had an amazing time. Petie and her husband were very friendly an were always there to answer any questions. Casey was great as well. Would recommend to everyone.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Kim · Married on 06/23/2009

If you are looking for a place to get married in Virginia Beach, this is the place!!!

The Country Villa Inn is romantic and beautiful. We would not have had our wedding any other place in the world! This was a destination wedding for us, and Petie and Phil were wonderful. They were able to help us get everything we wanted, or needed, to make our day perfect. Our ceremony was held at the Altar located on the spacious yet very private grounds. The trees, sun, and the landscaping made for great pictures. There is a grand pavilion that can fit many people if that’s the type of wedding you are choosing. We decided on small. Our day also included Cake, Champagne, Flowers, Photographer and Limo. Everything I could have possibly wanted! The cake was delicately decorated the flowers fresh, full and beautiful. The photographer was so much fun! I laugh every time I think of him. After pictures around the lovely villa, we drove just a few minutes to Sandbridge Beach for more pictures! Dinner was quiet and romantic and of course delicious. It truly was a fairytale wedding day!

There is nothing that we would have changed or nothing else we could have asked for! We are from Pittsburgh and could not have managed any of this without Petie and Phil! Again, we cannot thank you enough!

Mr. & Mrs. Michael Weisbrod
    Pittsburgh, PA

Sent on 10/04/2014

Petie and staff are very helpful and responsive to questions and concerns. They are also flexible and take time to work with their clients and accommodate as necessary.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Country Villa Inn Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. We would really appreciate your contacting us to let us know where we fell short, professionally. This was our first full season of events and we are learning something new with each event. If my staff or I did something you weren't happy about, please call me directly. 757-515-9313. I'm not sure who this is, but I know all of our weddings have been beautiful and most attendees find us and thank us personally. We want to do better, so please help us do so. Petie