Coastal Catering and Events Reviews

50 | Southport, NC

50 Reviews for Coastal Catering and Events

50 Coastal Catering and Events Reviews

bonnie · Married on 09/15/2018

I called to rent a beach walkway, which they do not carry here. I received a call the following day from a gentleman at Coastal, he actually called me in Massachusetts to give me the number of someone that did carry them. If I ever need to rent again it will be with Coastal. Thank you so much for helping me have less stress.
    Bonnie Scherff

Richard · Married on 05/05/2018

We have used Coastal Catering for two years and have received excellent service, excellent food and excellent value both times. Joe is great to work with, quite responsive and very flexible. Most importantly, the food is fabulous and there is always plenty of it. Our guests have always left completely satisfied. You cannot go wrong with Coastal!

Brian · Married on 05/05/2018

We had two great experiences with Coastal Catering. Two years ago, our friends used Coastal Catering for their rehearsal dinner and wedding. The food was so good and memorable that we used Coastal Catering this year for our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and brunch. The food was absolutely amazing! Our guests raved about the food at all three meals, and there was more than enough food for everyone. Joe was very helpful with providing options and suggestions regarding the menus. He was easy to work with and was flexible with our times. The prices were very reasonable, especially considering the quality of the food and what we got for our money. I would definitely use Coastal Catering in the future for a beach weekend and would highly recommend them for any event.

Judith · Married on 10/28/2017

We used Joe and his crew for our rehearsal dinner. The vast majority of our guests were from out of town (Canada, Europe, and the Northeast) so we decided on a traditionally southern menu--- shrimp and grits, chicken and waffles, and pulled pork BBQ sliders. We still have family and friends raving about the food (especially the shrimp and grits!) and our wedding was almost a 3 months ago! The staff was super friendly and efficient. We use Coastal Catering at many of our events where I work, and they always do an outstanding job. Joe is very accommodating and will help create a menu perfect for your event!

• Sandra

Sandra · Married on 09/30/2017

This was such a surprise how amazing these guys were. When we arrived for our tasting at the country club, my then fiancé and I were a little nervous about the appearance of the building and grounds and staff. Joe came out and all of our worries melted and it was almost like we picked him then and there. There is nothing pretentious about Joe's food, just fantastic cooking that is elegantly displayed with minimum fuss and maximum efficiency. After signing our agreement we were in contact with Joe multiple times to change numbers and change dishes and add/remove various elements of the meal. Joe was incredibly responsive and always accommodating. The day of the event his staff was very prepared and extremely professional. Everything tasted delicious and it all looked amazing. Thank you so much Joe for all your help and for making our day such a success!

Haley · Married on 09/23/2017

Coastal Catering and Events was the best choice for our wedding! The food was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. Like, I can't stress enough how amazing the food was! Everyone at our wedding was so impressed with the food. Besides being utterly delicious, Joe was great to work with and didn't bat an eye when the guest list changed 20 times. They were prompt and professional and super friendly when the food was delivered. Our budget was small and we paid less than $1000 to feed 35 people. We had grilled steak with chimichurri sauce, grilled chicken with tomato basil relish, shrimp and grits, roasted potatoes, grilled veggies, rolls with butter, a green salad with two different dressings, tea and lemonade, plus the chafing dishes, serving utensils, and dinnerware. I was worried there wouldn't be enough food for everyone, but we had plenty. There was even enough leftovers for brunch the next day. I highly recommend Coastal Catering and Events. You will not be disappointed!

Gabby · Married on 08/22/2017

Can't say enough great things about Joe and Coastal Catering! We had a brunch wedding rehearsal catered as well as our wedding reception and everything was absolutely fantastic. The food was incredible as was the service.

Karen · Married on 05/27/2017

I had several people tell me that ours was the best wedding food they'd ever had. The low country boil and BBQ were absolutely delicious and perfect for our island wedding. The servers were also top notch, as was the bartender. Joe was very responsive to emails during the planning phase and offered good advice as well. Highly recommend!

Andrea · Married on 05/13/2017

oe and his team were amazing! He was very helpful at giving suggestions. Our guest couldn't say enough about the food. I would use them again and again!

Kate · Married on 05/13/2017

Working with Joe and Coastal Catering was a dream come true for our beach wedding at Ocean Isle Beach. Being from out of state, Joe was easy to get a hold off, and always responded within a day to our email questions. He was so accommodating with any of our food requests, and even created appetizers that were not offered on his catering menu. We even set up an additional tasting prior to the wedding, where we were able to try multiple new items to help decide on our final meal. Whatever you want, Joe can make it happen! His team was professional on our wedding day and our guests raved about all of the food….ESPECIALLY the beef brisket! We used Coastal Catering for our fiesta themed rehearsal dinner, our reception meal, and our morning after brunch and all of the food was different and delicious. Being from a family who is in the restaurant business and who love food, Joe and his team were the perfect addition to our wedding weekend!!

Chris · Married on 04/22/2017

Joe from Coastal Catering and his staff did an amazing job to make our wedding truly magnificent. From our initial tasting to how easy he is to work with to the quality and taste of his food, you won't be disappointed. We had our wedding on BHI, Joe made the logistics work for tasty and fresh food. Thanks to Joe and his team!

Valorie · Married on 04/21/2017

Joe and his team nailed our vision we had for our rehearsal and for our reception dinner. He took plenty of time to go over a plan with us and it played out perfect! Food was amazing, very flavorful and such a nice presentation. He takes pride in what he does. Him and his staff were very personalable and easy to work with! Thank you for making it such a great day!!

Janelle · Married on 08/30/2016

Joe at Coastal Catering was awesome! So easy to work with- anytime I needed to make changes or had questions he was very responsive and accommodating. He is great at what he does! The staff during my wedding was also so helpful and warm. I had a fantastic experience. Not to mention the food was AMAZING. All of my guests commented on how delicious everything was. Thanks Joe!

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2016

Joe was great to work with! Very responsive, happy to work with my budget and make menu changes. Many guests commented that it was the best reception food they have ever had. Highly recommend!

Michelle · Married on 08/19/2016

We loved Joe and his team at Coastal Catering and Events. We booked them to cater both our rehearsal dinner and wedding dinner, and rented tables, chairs, and lighting from them, as well. Joe was easy to talk to on the phone, super fast in his responsiveness to messages, and very personable. We received rave reviews on the food, and although I didn't get to talk to many of his crew besides the bartender once or twice, they were all very nice and accommodating! I know that we made the best choice to make our day unforgettable! Thanks, Joe and Coastal Catering and Events!

Vicki · Married on 06/28/2016

Joe from Coastal Catering was a great person to work with and his food was extremely delicious. His professionalism and knowledge of what types of food would work best for each situation was wonderful. His staff was very polite and helpful during the reception and extremely accommodating with the clean-up afterwards. We would definitely recommend Joe and his business.

Mercedes · Married on 05/14/2016

Great experience with Coastal Catering. They gave us a great quote with additional perks, such as servers, bartenders and after party snacks. The food was perfect. All our guests including the kids enjoyed it. Thank you!

WOW!!! Joe with Coastal Caterers is the BEST!!! His manner, is matched only by the quality of his food. We were blown away by his creativity and the flavors and seasonings he used. All our guests commented as well. He catered both our rehearsal dinner and the wedding, and even after eating his food 2 nights in a row (and leftovers during the days), one couple asked if he had a restaurant so they could go there for dinner another night! Joe is easy to work with, his wait staff are pleasant and very accommodating. Perfect vendor. Thank you!!!

Melissa · Married on 10/03/2015

Joe and his crew are amazing! My daughter was married this past weekend on Oak Island in the midst of a hurricane threat and terrible rain. Joe was so helpful when I had to change delivery times and find an inside venue at the last minute. Everything was delivered on time and the staff were all very nice and so helpful. The food was EXCELLENT, all of our guests were very pleased. I highly recommend Coastal Catering and Events.

Kim · Married on 08/13/2015

I hired Coastal Catering to do the rehearsal dinner for my son and bride to be. I am in Ohio so the only thing I had to go by was the reviews I had read online.
    The reviews were right!!! The food we had was delicious and more than enough. The groom and groomsmen ate the leftovers the next day while getting ready for the wedding.
    The set up was quick and on time,
    You will NOT be disappointed!!!

Mike · Married on 06/09/2015

Coastal catered our wedding on Bald Head Island. Joe, his crew and his food were extraordinary. We selected a very varied menu and the taste, quality, presentation and value were all excellent. The serving crew was very professional, courteous and efficient without being the slightest bit intrusive. Everything went very smoothly. Every one of our guests was complimentary . We had a great deal of food left over and enjoyed it all week long. Very highly recommended.

Great food, great prices, great experience...Joe made planning the meal very easy and enjoyable and LauraAnn was so nice, taking time to help me with last minute details...our guests raved about the food...overall, it was perfect! Thank you, Coastal Catering!

Theresa · Married on 10/11/2014

If I could give 10 out of 5 stars, I would! We worked with Joe for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. He was so great to work with! Joe is incredibly organized, professional, creative and helpful. He knows the area and has experience which helped us with planning and flow. The food was amazing and he responded so quickly to any questions/requests. The careering staff for our events was very attentive and friendly. We could not have been happier with our selection!

Georgiana · Married on 10/03/2014

Joe was fabulous throughout the planning of my son's rehearsal dinner on Bald Head Island for 70 people; prompt in answering my emails and working around my suggestions. The dinner was everything I had imagined it would be. The staff were courteous, helpful and couldn’t have been nicer! The food was delicious, the quantity was perfect and cleanup was effortless. I would highly recommend using Coastal Catering for any event!

Kelly · Married on 09/12/2014

When I learned that my son and his bride would be married in a destination wedding on Bald Head Island, off the NC coast, I was thrilled but concerned about who to use for catering the rehearsal dinner. I knew no one in the area but thankfully the bride's mother gave me two names. Joe responded immediately and continued to be the first to respond with meal plans, prices, and set up suggestions. He has done many events on the island and his knowledge and experience calmed and reassured me at every turn. I cannot say enough good things about this man; prompt, polite, professional, dependable and always patient with my questions.

We communicated via phone only a couple of times the rest was done via e-mail . The night of the rehearsal dinner was a success. My family and other guest LOVED the food. Joe did a pulled pork BBQ buffet. Joe and his staff are awesome and set up everything quietly and expeditiously. As the dinner was winding down, I headed to the kitchen area and spoke with three of his staff to thank them for making the night such a success. To my surprise, they showed me where they had neatly and securely packaged up left over food and informed me it was mine to take back. They were so nice and helpful.

I would use Coastal Catering, again, and highly recommend them. I love ya, Joe.