CityFlats Hotel Reviews

CityFlats Hotel 6
CityFlats Hotel 7

Lisa Poturalski · Married on 01/19/2019

Perfect setting!

We had a wonderful time planning with Katarina and her team. Our guests loved the Ballroom and the food! Many of our guests have said it was one of their favorite weddings they have been to. My other vendors were happy as well and appreciated how easy it was for them. They made our day unforgettable.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Jen · Married on 12/29/2018

Perfect wedding in a Winter Wonderland

Hannah and Katarina,

Thank you for the extremely professional service. You made everything from the planning....down to the clean up after our event smooth as silk. I was so disorganized and lacking information and neither of you made it to be a big deal. You made it sound easy. Our food was amazing....and the feel of the room with the use of your lighting was nothing less than the winter wonderland I had imagined for our day. All of our friends and family had a wonderful time. We cannot thank you enough for helping us have the absolute perfect wedding. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Troy and Jen H
    Dec. 29, 2018

Sent on 01/18/2019

Katelyn · Married on 07/13/2018

I am planning my wedding from overseas, therefore all correspondence had to be through email. Jess was amazing, she was so patient with us and beyond helpful to put us as ease. It relieved the stress of planning!

Sent on 03/03/2018

Jane · Married on 08/06/2017

Absolutely the best place to have your ceremony and reception! The staff is amazing and there is not enough good things I can say about them.

Sent on 08/27/2017
  • Kendra

Kendra Lynece · Married on 08/06/2017

CityFlats is amazing!

CityFlats is one of my favorite Grand Rapids wedding venues to photograph weddings! The staff is super kind and do everything possible to make sure their clients and their family are well taken care of! I cannot wait to work with them in the near future!

Kendra Lynece

CityFlats Hotel 12
    CityFlats Hotel 13
    CityFlats Hotel 14

Sheri · Married on 06/03/2017

Maggie and all of the staff were nothing short of amazing. They went above and beyond to accommodate any request even the small ones that were important to us. They made the whole process so easy and it was perfect and..... the food was exceptional!!!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Marissa · Married on 05/09/2015

I recently had my wedding at the City Flats Ballroom and I only have wonderful things to say about the quality, professionalism and friendliness of this place! The staff was on point all night and very helpful in making sure everything went smoothly. There were things that I never knew went wrong because they handled it before it ever even came to my attention (which is how it should be!) I absolutely loved the venue, so BEAUTIFUL and the price is very reasonable when considering the amount of service and attention to detail that this vendor provides. The coordinators were very helpful throughout the entire planning process and catered to our needs whenever possible. The food was DELICIOUS as well and presented so beautifully. So happy that I chose them!! The cost was for multiple things including food and beverage, venue, stage, etc.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Erin · Married on 03/28/2015

This was the first and only venue we looked at. We walked in and both fell in love with it! Their communication was exactly what we needed to it be. We worked with Maggie and she was absolutely fantastic!! She was so helpful and did so much more than we expected. Our ceremony and reception turned out better than planned and everything went so smoothly! I would 110% recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 04/05/2015

Carol · Married on 12/13/2014

This place is beautiful. All the event coordinators that we were involved with were very helpful and very professional. They meet all our needs for our sons wedding

Sent on 01/07/2015

Ashley · Married on 12/06/2014

This venue was beautiful and we wouldn't have had our wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 12/26/2014

Nicole · Married on 11/22/2014

This venue was absolutely perfect. We had around 160 for our final guest list and it was perfect. The venue can hold up to 200, I feel like it would have been really crowded. We loved working with the staff at City Flats. They were very accommodating and very responsive to emails and needs. I absolutely loved the lightening that came with the venue. It helped set our wedding apart from others.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Jacqulene · Married on 10/31/2014

First of all, the space is beautiful. Second, the food is out of this world. Third, the staff are all incredibly nice, helpful and professional. We worked with Maggie and Kristin throughout most of our experience and they were incredibly supportive of our unusual suggestions and even helped provide some unique ideas of their own. They are very organized and will have every detail worked out with you before your big day arrives. You will have nothing but compliments from your guests on every aspect of this venue, and the day of, you won't have to worry about any details within their control.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Jenelle · Married on 10/12/2014

Maggie and Kristin rock! Our day without their quick responsiveness, professionalism or flexibility couldn't have happened without these two! And the ballroom was absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thank you!

-Dennis & Jenelle

Sent on 10/27/2014

Chelsea · Married on 07/19/2014

I would recommend the CityFlats Ballroom and anyone and everyone! Working with Maggie and Kristin (Katie was on maternity leave) was seamless and they were very involved and helpful! They made everything work - even when I would change my mind every week. They were AWESOME!! Food was amazing!!! Service was impeccable. Beautiful setting!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Leah · Married on 06/27/2014

City Flats ballroom was absolutely beautiful and the staff is amazing!! We met with the staff many times before the wedding to discuss details and ask questions. They were always quick to respond and so accommodating! Whatever we need before and during the wedding, they took care of it!! The unique lighting and beauty of the room impressed all my guests. They were amazed! And the food was so delicious!! People are still talking about the food! I would highly recommend City Flats ballroom for your wedding reception. I promise it will be beautiful and the food will be delicious!!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Alexandria · Married on 06/07/2014

Kristin and Maggie were an integral part of the success of our wedding day! Throughout planning up to the day of, the CityFlats event team worked with me on our ever changing needs with ease. The food was incredible (Salmon with Dill Cream Sauce, Chicken with Whiskey Cider Sauce), the wait staff was professional and very accommodating, and all of our guests commented on how beautiful and unique the space was. I am so happy we chose this venue for our special day!

Sent on 07/08/2014
  • Jtoth

Julia · Married on 05/31/2014

I am so happy we picked City Flats Ballroom for our reception. Everyone was blown away about how beautiful it was! The nice thing about city flats is that it is not a boring "banquet hall", it is a ballroom and cannot be called anything less. The marble pillars are gorgeous, the bar is unique, the staff was very professional and dressed nice. Our guests could not say a negative thing. It was definitely worth the money! I also love that the blinds come down and switch the vibe to a darker dancing vibe after dinner. Kristin and Maggie were very helpful and when it came down to planning out the fine details a few weeks prior they made me feel very comfortable and made it known my needs would be met. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 07/01/2014

The team @CityFlats are awesome! They were so helpful in the process from timelines to highchairs. If you are looking for a unique and romantic location definitely the Ballroom of City Flats is the place.

Sent on 12/23/2013

Jenna · Married on 01/21/2012

Although there was a bit of a scare for me about parking (the big GR Fesitval was going on downtown and closed the street off that CityFlats is on), Katie and Kristin at CityFlats did an amazing job. Katie was my contact throughout the planning process and she helped me with a lot of things (and put up with THOUSANDS of questions). Kristin was our day-of coordinator and she did EVERYTHING I asked to make things perfect. She was fabulous. The ballroom is gorgeous, the chairs are great, the set up was wonderful, the brides room is great, and the staff did a wonderful job as far as I could see. So glad we chose CityFlats!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/31/2015

We held our wedding reception at The Ballroom on Halloween. It was the perfect setting for our autumn themed wedding. The room is absolutely gorgeous! Leading up to the reception, we were able to contact Maggie with any questions/concerns. Thankfully, we were able to get in to the room the day before our reception and decorate. That definitely made our day much less stressful to not have to worry about anyone rushing in to decorate the day of our wedding. During the reception, the staff were available at any time to help us. The customer service went above and beyond what I had expected. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone for their wedding!

Sent on 11/07/2015
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/14/2018

Beautiful Venue, Great Food, and Fantastic Staff

The team at City Flats is incredible. My husband and I planned our Grand Rapids wedding from our home in Boston. Katarina and Jess were always quick to answer our emails and calls. They made planning from so far away a wonderful experience. The service is excellent.

A huge selling point for this venue is not only the beauty, but the convenience. They do everything! From tables, chairs, dishes, they do it all! And the food is incredible. Guest have continued to tell us the food tasted fantastic as well as looked excellent in presentation. We also used the hotel for a wedding block. With a lot of out of town guests it was so convenient to have them stay right above the ballroom.

Sent on 12/27/2018
    CityFlats Hotel 21
    CityFlats Hotel 22
    CityFlats Hotel 23

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2015

Gorgeous venue, the staff was extremely helpful, food was good. We received so many compliments on how stunning our venue was. The only downside was price. They were extremely pricey for alcohol. I would recommend just doing beer and wine because our liquor bill was not pretty!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Karen · Married on 01/25/2014

Wonderful space and amazing staff! Our ceremony was perfect! You won't regret booking the Ballroom!

Sent on 01/27/2014

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

The ballroom itself is a beautiful place, the lighting and the woodwork are amazing. Our wedding day was all but perfect, however, there was a bit of an issue with the top of our wedding cake being cut and served when it was supposed to go home with us. To top it off they put it in a box and said we could pick it up in the morning and then proceeded to lose it. I understand that mistakes happen, but there was not so much as an apology on the behalf of the coordinators. I have emailed twice with no response. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Sent on 04/16/2014