Charis Events & Design Reviews

Charis Events & Design 1
Charis Events & Design 2
Charis Events & Design 3

Kimberly · Getting married on 11/08/2019

I don't usually write reviews online but charis events deserves a 5-star review. They did an amazing job carrying out their job and the whole day went by so seamlessly! Thanks to the team, my best friend was able to enjoy her wedding stress-free. Imagine that! I'm thinking of having charis events as my own wedding planner and would recommend anyone who is looking for one! Truly amazing!

Ruth · Getting married on 09/21/2019

I've attended a wedding this past weekend designed by Grace Song from Charis Events & Design and it was so BEAUTIFUL! I was in awe of the design and how things were decorative; I can definitely tell that she and her team put a lot of work and effort for the day. As a guest, the way that Charis team had carried out the whole day was so smooth that I had a blast at my friend's wedding. Thank you so much for your work! I will be definitely recommending Grace to my friends and family for future references

• W

wonji · Married on 11/09/2018

Creative, thoughtful, professional, and simply the best!

If you are reading this and considering Charis Events for your wedding, GO FOR IT. It will be the best decision you will make while planning your wedding, it certainly was for us.

We were immediately drawn to all of her beautiful work on the website and instagram but also her amazing personality, so decided to book her for our wedding at Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel. From initial meetings, vendor recommendations, design inspiration, and execution of the day, we were impressed by her professionalism, passion, and quality of work.

Grace really tried to get to know us as a couple and put a lot of work in trying to create and design a unique wedding for us. She also had great relationships with other vendors and professionals in the industry, bringing together the best team for the day.

I still cannot get over how amazing and beautiful our wedding was and how much fun my husband and I were able to have because we had Grace and her team taking care of everything!

Emily Rhee · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent, Professional, Above and Beyond

I am so grateful that I had my wedding with Grace. She knows how to make everything perfect. I supposed to have outdoor wedding on Oct. but the weather turn out to be raining. I was very upset (beyond sad) but she made up for it! It was such a great moment (above beauty) and I will never forget what she've done for my wedding.

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/22/2018

One of a kind

One word to describe Grace and her team is "Flawless." This harmonious team went above and beyond of what was expected and I couldn't have asked for anyone else to plan my wedding. Graces' visions, ideas and attention to detail were exceptionally executed. Grace is a godsend with a heart of an angel. Anyone who works with Grace and her team will not regret it. Thank you Charis Events for giving my husband and I our dream wedding!!

Charis Events & Design 4
    Charis Events & Design 5
    Charis Events & Design 6

Jenny · Married on 07/28/2018

I Couldn't have asked for a better planner. Grace was flawless throughout the whole process and she worked her magic on the day of the wedding. I was amazed by all the attention to detail and the decor. Would highly recommend her to anyone I know who is getting married.

Brian · Married on 07/14/2018

Grace and her team at Charis Events were amazing to work with. The wedding turned out very beautifully and surpassed everyone's expectations. The on-site coordinators were very helpful and constantly made sure we were taken care of. Thanks again!

Sandra · Married on 06/13/2018

I’M IN LOVE WITH CHARIS EVENTS & DESIGN!! Grace helped me out with our wedding beyond our expectations that I can’t even thank her enough. She helped me with planning and designing more than what I expected her and she carried out the timeline on the day of wedding so perfectly!!! My wedding was completely stress-free thanks to GRACE!

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2018

I would give more than 5 stars to Charis Events! Special thanks to Grace and her team, our wedding day went beyond expectation! I appreciate all the hard work they did to make our wedding so beautiful. Especially Grace, she understood our needs and made it all work for us! From coordination to design, she helped our entire journey go smoothly. It has been couple months since our wedding, and my guests are still complementing, and asking about my wedding! I introduced Charis Event to so many of my guests, and would highly recommend to couples who’d like to have their wedding day more special!

Ruth · Married on 04/15/2018

Charis Events and Design helped me with carrying out my dreams happen in real life! Our ceremony and reception decorations were just on point that I couldn’t have asked for it to be better. Grace and her team deserves 100% and if I could give them more than 5 star, no doubt I will!!! I’ve been praising her work to my friends and family ever since! She will create your dream wedding to come true and she is definitely worth every penny. Thank you so much Grace!

Esther · Married on 10/07/2017

Words can't describe how grateful we are that me and my husband found Charis Events and Our lovely Grace! I had Charis for our wedding's Day-of Coordinator but we got so much more than that from this team! Honestly I don't know how they do it! Grace and her team are great at what they do! They made sure to keep me sane and also keep our wedding beautiful at the same time! We are so glad we found Charis Events! Thank you Grace and team for your Great work and such a beautiful wedding my guests will talk about for years!

Jiyoung · Married on 08/19/2017

Charis Events delivered an A+ wedding for us. From the beginning, Grace was very accommodating and pleasant to work with. Thanks to Grace’s contacts in the industry, she helped us find wonderful vendors at great prices. She did a great job staying on top of the vendors and the necessary logistics to make the process much more relaxing for us. Where Grace shined the most was her vision of the wedding design. She has an exquisite sense of style and created an absolutely gorgeous and one-of-a-kind wedding that all our guests gushed over. Grace and her team expertly pulled this off notwithstanding unexpected challenges (outside her control) that arose on wedding day. We’d be remiss if we did not mention her very hard work in designing our engagement photo shoot, for which she had to carry furniture around on a frozen lake! We loved the photos and received so many compliments from our friends and family. We highly recommend her services!

John · Married on 06/23/2017

AMAZING GRACE! I only had 5 months and a limited budget to plan my wedding. She helped put together what I called 'The Dream Team' -- seriously one of the most talented florists, djs, photographers, and videographers in the greater LA area one could want. She knew my (expensive) tastes and preferences better than myself, and went above and beyond at every turn to make every dollar worthwhile. Having been a designer myself, I'm often known as one who isn't easily impressed, but Grace completely blew me away. Grace so easy to get along with, and I always felt so spoiled with every sweet little surprise she pulled off. I thank my lucky stars for having found her, and I strongly recommend her to anyone who wants the best wedding (and planning) experience!!

Steve · Married on 06/17/2017

Thank you so much for working so hard in making our wedding so spectacularly special. It was beyond what we could’ve imagined. Everything was absolutely perfect! Countless guests said it was the best weeding they had ever been to. Thank you so much for your guidance, your ideas, incredible organization and attention to detail. Words can’t describe how happy we were with the entire event. It wouldn’t have been possible without you.

kirsten · Married on 06/10/2017

Everything came beautifully, so much more than I dreamed of! Grace was professional and thoughtful throughout the whole process, which made everything so much easier for my fiancé and me. Every last detail was taken care of so we were able to thoroughly enjoy our day worry free. Thank you again Grace for all your hard work!

Jamie · Married on 04/22/2017

My experience with Grace and her team was simply amazing. She already knew what I wanted before even articulate. They are so easy to work with and listens to my wants and needs to make sure my wedding day was more than perfect!

Alan · Married on 07/23/2016

#1 factor in us providing a beautiful, enjoyable, and exciting wedding for our families and guests was by hiring Charis Events, and Grace Song in particular, to help with planning, design, and coordination.

Biggest strengths were in design and conceptualization of the big day based on the needs and vision of bride and groom. We explained what we wanted, and Grace's genius did the rest of the work. She was able to bring to life our vision for the design and layout of the event, including table settings, flowers, lighting, linens, room/table layout, etc. All the guests were blown away by the splendor of the event, and many said that it was the best wedding they had been to. All work with the vendors was seamless, and all the coordination was spot on. I feel there are many competent wedding "coordinators" out there - this is almost a commodity of project management these days.

Charis differentiates themselves by focusing more on the translation of vision of the event, focusing on the personalities and desires of bride and groom, color schemes of the dress and tux, natural emphasis points of the venue, and basically creating a highly tailored, customized wedding day "cocktail" that emphasizes the strengths of the aforementioned elements.

Also, because of Grace's strong reputation in the industry, she has unbeatable relationships with vendors that can not only benefit you with aggressive pricing, but more importantly, allows her to procure the right colors and schemes seamlessly based on the wedding vision.

We were extremely impressed with the cohesiveness through which she was able to (1) see and translate the vision (2) design the vision (3) recommend the vendors/layouts to bring the vision to life (4) do all the back end coordination.

If you want a fully coordinated, fully designed event that will get you as close to the vision that you have for the big day as possible, we couldn't give Charis higher praise and our full endorsement!

Tammy & Alan

Desirée · Married on 04/10/2016

Having Grace help us to bring our vision to life was the best decision we could've made in the entire wedding planning process. It was the difference between having an ordinary and extraordinary wedding! She did an incredible job of pulling inspiration from who we are and adding those meaningful personal touches all around the event. The wedding couldn't have been more unique or beautiful. We are soo happy with our choice to work with Charis Events.

A wedding in April at the lovely botanical garden, Hartley Botanica, in California’s Simi Valley, was the setting for our family to celebrate in style. The wedding planner, Grace from Charis Events & Design, was in charge of the many details that all came together to create the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen! Everywhere you looked, there were little details that Grace had flawlessly incorporated into the setting for the bohemian style the bride wanted, that reflected not only the natural grandeur of the garden setting, but also the eclectic, non-traditional style and taste of the bride and groom. On the day of the wedding, Grace reminded me of a maestro, conducting her talented and rehearsed orchestra of florists, caterers and stylists in a flawless performance that was not only memorable for the guests, but also created a perfect day that will become a most treasured memory for the lucky bride and groom, and for our entire family.

Gene · Married on 03/20/2016

My wife and I would love to encourage others to have Charis Events Team coordinate your future wedding or event.

We got married Last October overseas and had another reception ceremony for our family, friends, and guests last March. It's usually pretty difficult to have a reception only and make it flow as if we had a whole wedding, but Grace Song and her Team did just that. In a short span of time, she made everything we couldn't think of possible that night.

She is very personable and works around your needs and will go out of her way to make it a nemorable one for you, you got my word on that.

Many of the guests that night(over 300 in attendance) have said that our wedding by far was the best, most liveliest, and memorable wedding they ever went to.

I can't say thank you enough to Charis, especially for making my wife feel like a Princess for the evening. Without the help and guidance of Grace and her associates, it wouldn't be the same. That night was the best thing that happened for My wife and I.

Elina · Married on 12/02/2015

Charis Events helped me tremendously. Thank you for all the hard work and make my wedding so beautiful that all the guests are still mentioning over the gatherings. Two thumbs way up!

My husband and I live in NYC but wanted to have our wedding in sunny Southern California, where I grew up. We kept delaying the daunting task of trying to plan a wedding from 3,000 miles away when we finally decided to hire a wedding planner. Grace at Charis Events was highly recommended by a close friend and we now know why. From start to finish, Grace handled every detail with professionalism and care. She helped us choose the perfect venue (Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara) by carefully scheduling all of our site visits and guiding us through the contract negotiation process. She introduced us to some outstanding vendors that she has close working relationships with and she coordinated her and the vendors' schedules to get on numerous calls with us at East Coast-convenient hours. Despite her busy schedule, Grace was very responsive, which we especially appreciated being in a different time zone. Even when our flight got delayed and we were three hours late to our tasting, Grace and her assistant were as cheerful and helpful as ever, despite having driven to Santa Barbara and waited around forever.

Our wedding day was beautiful, fun and very low-stress, which I owe in huge part to Grace and her wonderful team at Charis Events. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of, including overseeing the rehearsal dinner details to putting together our gift bags to save us time to closely working with the bridal party. While we were getting ready the morning of the wedding, one of my bridesmaids commented that I was "the chilliest bride" she had ever seen and that she regretted not hiring Grace for her own wedding earlier this year.

You won't regret working with Charis Events, we are still getting so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful and well-planned the wedding was. I'm happily accepting the accolades but I know Grace deserves all the credit!

We were incredibly fortunate to have Grace Song as our wedding planner in September, last year. She has the excellent sense of design and made us worry-free for the entire wedding planning process. Not only she was always prompt to messages, phone calls and emails, but also for all the vendor meetings. We've had countless compliments from our friends and family about how beautiful our day was and for all the things we've experienced, we're forever grateful. Charis Events is the team you should go for!

• W

Wendy · Married on 09/26/2015

The minite that I met with Grace, I knew she was rheboerfect fit for me. Grave and her team will go above and beyond the call of duty and wouldn't hesitate to do anything that will make me (ans my family) comoletely taken cared of. Without Grace and her tram, my wedding would have not been beautiful. Hite them ir you will regret it!

Lilia · Married on 07/26/2015

My husband, Jason proposed to me right after we finished mountain biking on a regular weekend. He set up a table with flowers, champagne, my favorite ganache chocolate cake and a scrapbook. He was too nervous to say anything but “do you want to marry me?” Of course, I said YES!
    Initially, I wanted an ocean front wedding ceremony. I went to a few venues with ocean front views with my girlfriend. However, none of the venues gave me a “wow” factor. I then decided to check out some indoor venues. The first venue my then fiancé and I visited was the Vibiana located in downtown Los Angeles. Immediately after we walked in, we knew that Vibiana had to be our wedding venue! The cathedral ceilings, stone pillars and marble flooring gave the venue such amazing vibrance and emotion. I knew you could transform the Vibiana’s interior to any style of wedding you wanted! We booked it right away!
    One of my favorite parts of wedding planning was wedding dress shopping. Before I got engaged, I was following a wedding dress designer named Galia Lahav on social media. I was constantly mesmerized by the look of her famous illusion back style. I knew I had to at least try one of her dresses on. After finally seeing myself in Galia’s dress, I was in love, but didn’t know if Jason would like the price. However, all I can say is he was so supportive!
    After I got my wedding dress and secured the venue, we decided to hire a wedding planner to help us design and coordinate our wedding. Since both of us had busy work schedules, we needed someone who would be really on top of everything. That’s where Grace from Charis Events & Design came in. Grace was amazing in every way! She took care of all the stress for me and designed a one of kind wedding that was truly more spectacular than I could have ever envisioned! And that is not exaggeration. Honestly, the best decision I made throughout my wedding planning was finding Grace and Charis!