Celebrations Made Simple Reviews

Celebrations Made Simple 5
Celebrations Made Simple 6
Celebrations Made Simple 7

Alex · Married on 09/22/2018

Felicia (and her team) were amazing. She took the time to really "get" what we wanted and then made it happen. And while she is on top of every detail, she also has a low-stress demeanor that reduced my stress level. Would hire her again in a heart beat.

Brian · Married on 09/22/2018

We had a truly amazing experience with Celebrations Made Simple. Felicia and her team were incredibly professional, detail-oriented, and responsive. Their attention to detail removed all the stress from our wedding day - I cannot recommend them enough.

Joshua · Married on 05/19/2018

Of all of our wedding decisions to make, the best hands down was hiring Felicia. She was constantly in contact, never left us waiting for an answer, laid everything out for us before every decision, and was at our beck and call throughout the service.

She pulled nothing but the best contractors for us to choose from, while still carefully meeting out budget needs. Our wedding was only on track and so well turned out because of her constant attention.

Felicia is incredibly friendly and charming and you will ENJOY your meetings with her, even if you think you would dread the work and sheer size of planning that goes into the wedding. She makes it that easy and fun!

It is amazing how quickly the time will go by and how much of the work she will shoulder for you. At the end of the day no matter how you go about it you will be married, but with Felicia you will get to that end of the day with a minimum of hassle in your part, knowing someone who is remarkably organized and in control is making sure all the little things line up and are handled.
    The company name says it all, your celebration will be so much easier, and therefore enjoyable, because of Felicia. We never once had the pre-wedding panic and I can only believe it was because our first big decision was hiring Felicia and Celebrations Made Simple!
    -Happy Husbands in Alexandria

David · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I spent the past year planning our wedding with Felicia, and she has been an absolute DREAM to work with! She is so friendly and accommodating and helped guide us through every step of the process, especially as we had no idea what we were doing. She'll work with you to help create your vision, provide suggestions if requested, or allow you to take the lead... but she also isn't afraid to tell you when you've got a bad idea. The day of the wedding she and her team handled every little detail and vendor mishap so that we didn't have to worry or stress about a thing. She has more than 10 years experience with traditional and contemporary weddings and events as well as a few same-sex weddings, so has plenty of experience to draw on. Felicia also has a variety of electronic resources at hand that really helped us to manage everything from the budget, vendors, and guest list to design ideas. If we could give Felicia 6 stars we would - we cannot recommend her more highly! In fact -- we've already referred friends to her.

Shaniqua · Married on 04/14/2018

Celebrations Made Simple made our wedding go very well! Our wedding started on time, and ended on time. Everyone who worked from Celebrations Made Simple were professional and pleasant to work with! Felicia was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. When I met Felicia to get a feel of who I wanted to work with, I knew after the first meeting, I wanted her as my wedding planner. Felicia is very knowledgeable about vendors and making weddings transition very smoothly. I am so glad to have had Celebrations Made Simple be a part of our wedding! Thanks Celebrations Made Simple!!!!!

joni · Married on 04/14/2018

Great job! I have people sending me texts saying that it was the best party every. They loved the services and professionalism of Celebrations Made Simple staff. Thank you so much, job well done--super job!!

Celebrations Made Simple 12
    Celebrations Made Simple 13

Lorraine · event on: 02/10/2018

Selecting Celebrations Made Simple to plan and execute my husband's "70s Soul Train" party is one of the best decisions I have ever made. The company is professional, strategic, knowledgeable about the event planning industry, and very experienced in Project Management. My party was EPIC and all my guests had an amazing time; I felt like a guest at my own party. From the complicated negotiations of the vendor contracts to the smallest details of choosing colors for the balloons, Celebrations Made Simple allowed me to breathe and trust the process. I HIGHLY recommend Celebrations Made Simple to anyone interested in hiring a planner. In the future, I will only partner with Celebrations Made Simple to plan and execute any event for me.My husband was extremely surprised and I didn't have to worry about set up, clean up or ensuring guests were taken care of the entire night. Bravo Celebrations Made Simple!!!!!!!

Lorraine · Married on 02/10/2018

Selecting Celebrations Made Simple to plan and execute my husband's surprise "70s Soul Train" party is one of the best decisions I have ever made. The company was professional, strategic, knowledgeable and highly experienced about the event planning industry. My party was loved by all my guests; I felt like a guest at my own party. Every detail was implemented without a hitch; from negotiations and contracts with all the vendors to the smallest details such as the color of balloons.. I HIGHLY recommend Celebrations Made Simple to anyone interested in a professional planner with Project Management background. My party was EPIC and I owe it all to Celebrations Made Simple. I am forever grateful for the partnership and I will never use any other planner for any future events.

Celebrations Made Simple 14
    Celebrations Made Simple 19
    Celebrations Made Simple 20
    Celebrations Made Simple 21

Leah · Married on 07/29/2017

The whole crew at Celebrations Made Simple are beyond amazing. From beginning to end, my 30th birthday event was perfect because of them. They were able to create a party for my personality and style with the budget I had in mind. I would definitely use them as a vendor in the future if the need arises. Cannot recommend them enough!

Brittany · Married on 05/20/2017

We had a blast working with Felicia! She was professional, well organized, and very detailed. She exceeded our expectations and went beyond her duties as a day of coordinator. This included contraction vendors, coordinating virtual meetings, and physically attending vendor meetings early on. Her positive and calm demeanor helped mitigate a lot of stress leading up to our big day. Communication was great as she would always respond in a timely manner. In addition, she would always offer to lend her assistance if needed. We knew Felicia would be a great fit after our first initial interview and we were not wrong! We highly recommend Celebrations Made Simple for your event!!!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Thank you Brittany for such a wonderful review. It was truly my pleasure to work with both you and Antonio. Both of you are a very lovely couple! I wish you well as you embark on this new journey together.

Candice · Married on 04/29/2017

Working with Felicia and her team at Celebrations Made Simple was the best decision we made about our wedding! Celebrations Made Simple helped us to stay organized, keep on track with our timeline and provided great ideas for vendors. I would highly recommend Celebrations Made Simple!

Annie · Married on 02/14/2017

I have had the experience to work with Felicia from Celebrations made simple for the last year on multiple different events. She has handled every event with the utmost professionalism and creativity. She explores every option to bring her clients vision to fruition and does this in the most cost efficient and productive way. I would highly recommend her to any one who is looking for an event planner and am proud to work with her on any event.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Thank you Annie for this wonderful review. We love working events with you all and you never disappoint!!

Rizlane · Married on 11/11/2016

Felicia and her team were amazing and helpful from start to the actual wedding day! She always provided great suggestions and recommendations! She helped with all the hotel gift bags, printed seating cards and programs. Our wedding was fantastic and celebrations made simple played a huge role!

Chris · Married on 10/01/2016

There are 83 reviews before ours, so one would think that there wouldn't be anything else to say. Therefore, forgive me if I'm repetitious. We found Felicia with the recommendation of our caterer, reviewed her on Wedding Wire, and then met with her. Let me just say that we knew within the first 15 minutes of meeting her that she was the planner for us.

We are a couple from New York City, and our wedding was in norther Virginia. Even though we thought we had everything under control six weeks before our wedding, within ten minutes of meeting Felicia we knew that we couldn't do it without her.

Felicia does have several packages, but none of them quite fit what we needed, probably because we are from out of town, and had already done some legwork. Felicia customized a package for our needs. Then she worked seamlessly with the vendors that we had already selected, yes, even the New Yorkers.

In general I am extremely happy to say I got my monies worth. This was not the case with Felicia... We got SO MUCH MORE than our monies worth. Felicia worked tirelessly to make sure our wedding day was spectacular. I know for sure that we stressed Felicia out on multiple occasions. Let me say she handled it without a blink of the eye. She reminded us from weeks out what needed to be done, made sure we did EVERYTHING to ensure our wedding would be amazing.

As if that wasn't enough, she handled the event incredibly. Our shuttles were all late, and it was drizzling. Felicia made on-the-fly decisions to ensure that nothing would effect our guests, our vendors, us, or our wedding. Even today, over a week past our wedding, she is still following up with us to tie up loose ends.

I highly recommend Felicia. She is truly a gift to the industry. She has her system down pat, and it is so easy to work with her. I don't know if other clients can say this, and if they can then she is even more incredible than I give her credit for, but she is family.

Angela · Married on 09/04/2016

Felicia and her team were outstanding from beginning to end! Our daughter had a very limited budget - and lives out-of-state. The long distance planning was seamless and he end result was truly beautiful and even magazine-worthy! Hope to be done with weddings now but will definitely use this company again for future events!

Sent on 12/23/2016

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Thanks Angela. We really appreciate it. It was truly a pleasure to share this day with your family.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/04/2016

Let's face it, planning a wedding is S-T-R-E-S-S-F-U-L. I was all over the place theme wise, and planning our wedding in Virginia from my home in Los Angeles was no easy task. Luckily, I was referred to Felicia and her team at Celebrations Made Simple, or else I'd probably be in a padded room right now. Felicia was an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only did she keep me on top of my priorities and help us fine-tune all the details from beginning to end, she connected me with a variety of vendors and acted as liaison between us to keep communication flowing. She helped us make our fantasy a reality, and her team made sure that everything looked beautiful and was completed down to a "T". Every person who attended our special day mentioned that it was one of the most beautiful weddings they've ever been to, and of course I agree! She has my unwavering gratitude and I recommend her hands-down and hope to work with her again in the future.

• I

Isabelle · Married on 08/28/2016

Felicia and the Staff of Celebrations Made Simple are the BEST in their industry. Celebrations Made Simple coordinated an event on 12.13.14 which was termed "EPIC" by all attendees. It was a truly phenomenal event. They leave nothing to chance. Felicia will remind you or suggest things you might not have thought of or even considered.

For my wedding on August 28, 2016, there was NO One else to call but FELICIA>>Celebrations Made Simple. My "Garden Wedding", Reception and Dinner were absolutely AMAZING! My guests were intrigued by the extra, finite, unique touches she and her staff added to our Special Day. I chose some of my own trusted vendors who agree with me wholeheartedly on the professionalism, knowledge and expertise exhibited by Felicia & CMS. THANKS SO MUCH (Again) Felicia AND Celebrations Made Simple for SPECTACULAR WEDDING DAY!!

Khrystyna · Married on 08/06/2016

Felicia and her team did an excellent job at my wedding! We hired her for the rehearsal dinner, wedding reception and post wedding brunch.

I can't imagine having a better experience! I was not stressed at all as Felicia took care of all the details.

She is amazing and i will use her services in the future for events that we host.

• User3989748 · event on: 03/22/2014

Felicia was absolutely wonderful! I hired her for "day of" event coordination and she exceeded my expectations. Felicia went on a site visit with me, put together the floor/seating plan, maintained contact with all of my vendors, and developed the schedule for the party. She made sure that I was able to be a guest and enjoy the anniversary party that we threw for our parents. Felicia is meticulous, punctual, extremely professional, and just an all around good person. I recommend her 100%. Thank you again for everything Felicia!

Sent on 03/24/2014

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It was truly my pleasure and I felt blessed to have worked with you on such a wonderful occasion for your parents.

We absolutely LOVED working with Felicia for our wedding!! There was more than one occasion where my husband and I both said "thank goodness we hired Felicia, she was worth every penny". We hired her as a day of planner, but she is so much more than that! She started working on my wedding the moment after we signed our contract. We had multiple meetings together before the wedding to make sure she had a full understanding of each aspect of our wedding, not to mention the many emails & texts we exchanged back and forth. Thanks to Felicia, my stress level the last few months before my wedding was almost non-existent! I could always count on her to check in and make sure I was on track and also make sure I wasn't forgetting anything!! Her many years of experience was so apparent throughout the whole process and she made me feel as though I was her only client. I would HIGHLY recommend using Felicia and her team for your wedding. My wedding ran so smoothly & I didn't have to worry about a thing. They set up all the decorations at our wedding befpre we got there and everything looked so perfect and beautiful!! Thank you Felicia :)

Jessie · Married on 04/30/2016

Felicia was the most amazing person to work with and help us get to our wedding day. We wouldn't have made it without her. She thought of everything that we needed and provided opinions and past experiences on vendors we wouldn't have known. She was able to get discounts and deals from vendors and hotels due to her working relationship with those people. Felicia was so responsive either by text or email and was on top of everything. She went above and beyond and I am sad that I won't be able to email with her on a daily basis. I highly recommend using her and Celebrations made simple for your wedding day or other event!

McKenna · Married on 02/13/2016

Felicia and her team were amazing. We used their services for a "Day of Package" but it included so much more! I planned our whole wedding with my mother's assistance, but felecia was always there to attend vendor meetings and to give sound advice stemming from her many years in consulting for weddings. Felicia made the month leading up to the wedding as stress free as possible which was very helpful for me also planning a move two days after the wedding. she took all of the supplies off my hands several days before the big day and ensured it was all taken down to DC. The Ceremony, Cocktail and Reception spaces looked amazing and the design plan was followed to the T! Her Team mates were lovely and life savers when we noticed one thing had been forgotten and they collected it! Her team even provided child care for our Reception which was lovely because it allowed a few of my family members with little ones a bit of a reprieve so they too could enjoy the festivities. (Some of the little ones usually have stranger danger, but they LOVED every second of it and were calm the whole evening).

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Felicia! You and your team were the best decision we made in regards to our wedding planning!

Sent on 02/28/2016

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We truly enjoyed working with you and your mom!

McKEnna · Married on 02/13/2016

We contracted with Felecia Owen-Smith of Celebrations Made Simple for “Day of” wedding coordination; she and her team went above and beyond. Unlike other “Day of” coordinators, we met and contracted with Felicia almost a year in advance of the wedding. My daughter and I both are planners but we sought out a coordinator who would be able to visualize the bride’s desires in order to allow the two of us to step back and enjoy the celebration. Felecia was that person! She imbues quiet confidence and grace.

Felecia Owen-Smith is a delight to work with. She is extremely organized and provided excellent guidance and made an effort to tactfully offer options and suggestions. She provided guidance throughout the planning process. She was there for everything from reviewing the contracts to contracting with additional team members to provide childcare at the venue. Using her detailed timelines, she martialed our large wedding party and the vendors brilliantly so that everyone knew where and when they needed to be somewhere.

Her team was phenomenal too. We had forgotten the paper airplanes for the grand exit and one of her team members drove to my house to collect them. It was over 100 miles round trip.

Justine · Married on 12/19/2015

CMS was absolutely incredible!! We hired Felicia about 6 months into planning when we realized we needed help and it was literally the best decision we could have made! She was wonderful to work with and went above and beyond to make sure every little detail was covered. The day of was as stress-free as possible and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Felicia and her team took care of everything and did an amazing job setting up all the decor. Our Wedding Day was a dream and I have Felicia and her team to thank. I highly recommend CMS if you are looking for a wedding planner or just a day of coordinator. They are truly the best!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Thank you for such a lovely review. It was truly my pleasure to work with you and your mom! It was great!