Celebrations Made Simple Reviews

114 Reviews for Celebrations Made Simple

• Julie

Julie Matheson · Getting married on 10/31/2021

Perfect Experience

Every experience my husband and I have had with Felicia and her team has been absolutely perfect. The first time we spoke with her over the phone we knew she would be the right choice. Felicia is responsive, informative, incredibly helpful, and overall a wonderful person. We love our time spent with her. Thank you, Felicia for making our day seamless, stress-free, and unforgettable!

Sent on 10/15/2020

Kyle Nicholson-Bencosme · Getting married on 06/10/2021

Wonderful!

Felicia has been there with us every step of the way. Prior to finding Felicia we were struggling to find a venue on top of balancing our hectic lives, one of us working as a nurse and the other working full time while attending grad school. She helped us get our timeline straight and on track, guiding us through the confusing and time consuming process of planning a wedding. She especially helped with answering questions and working with vendors to make sure that we were safe to reschedule if we had to given our wedding occurred during COVID-19. She kept the legalities in mind and I'm certain that if something would have happened her work in doing this would have paid off. Everything went off without a hitch and the wedding itself was a blast! Everybody who came had a whole lot of fun. Would certainly recommend!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review and entrusting us with your special day. It was a beautiful day!
  • Michael

Michael Hill · Married on 10/10/2020

Last-minut rescue

We contacted Felicia in the last days of our wedding prep to serve as a "day of" coordinator; she ended up being a day of savior! Her attention to detail and genuine care that we get everything we wanted for our special day -- which was happening during the restriction of COVID-19 -- made all the difference. She was recommended by friends of ours, whose wedding we attended. That, too, was flawless. She is kind, direct, and the most amazing professional. If you need a General for your Wedding War Room, think no more. We are so grateful to her and her amazing care.

Sent on 10/16/2020

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review. It was truly my pleasure to work with you both on your special day.

Peter M · Married on 10/10/2020

Above and beyond!

Felicia and her team did an amazing job helping us execute our wedding. For anyone wanting the peace of mind knowing your special day will be handled with precision, care and joy, reach out to Felicia. They handled every detail flawlessly, and went above & beyond to help clean-up. We can't thank them enough!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. It is greatly appreciated, especially during these COVID-19 times.
  • Diana

Diana Lee · Married on 10/09/2020

You’re in expert hands with Felicia!

Felicia went above and beyond expectations for our wedding. She is responsive, asks questions you might not have thought of, manages vendors smoothly, creates a fantastic timeline for you, and even handled a bridesmaid fracturing her finger right before the ceremony! She always is looking out for you. We felt well taken care of the day-of and in our planning. We were so impressed with her work. If you need a wedding planner, she’s the one!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Betsy Woodruff · Married on 02/09/2020

The best decision we made

Felicia is AMAZING. We hired her to plan our wedding, and it was such a good decision--the single best decision we made, because she set us up to make so many other good calls. She helped us find the perfect venue. And she connected us with great vendors, and then interfaced with them and organized everything so we didn't have to worry about it. She helped me find bridal shops and made appointments for me at them (surprisingly time-consuming!), got us a budget-friendly DJ at the very last minute, made the rehearsal with our ginormous wedding party actually run well, and totally rolled with the punches when we changed our wedding date early on. Our wedding weekend was honestly stress-free. Everything about the wedding day went right (at least as far as I knew!), and I didn't have to worry about anything. She let us focus on our guests and each other, which was so great. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Anne Collins · Married on 09/28/2019

The best decision we made!

Felicia Owens Smith is a fabulous wedding planner! She assisted our daughter in planning a Nov. 2 wedding in Old Town Alexandria VA. She is organized, professional and consistently gave time and money saving advice. Felicia recommended a variety of vendors based on our requests, negotiated contracts and helped us maintain a timeline throughout the planning process. We had not originally planned to use a planner but Felicia was, by far, the most worthwhile expense! Felicia and her team were incredibly organized and efficient. Every detail was managed in a thoughtful, helpful way. We were able to relax and truly enjoy the day thanks to her invaluable expertise!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Jill Fivecoat · Married on 09/26/2019

Highest Recommendation for Celebrations Made Simple

Highly recommend Celebrations Made Simple. This team is professional, experienced, responsive, caring, affordable and offer easy to use on line systems. They are detailed oriented and provide excellent follow up. Genuinely nice people who will make your event shine. Cannot say enough great things about working with this business. We used them to oversee a welcome reception on night before wedding. They assisted in helping determine the right amount of feed to order. They delivered food to the event, displayed the food, refreshed food as needed and cleared dishes during the event. We were able to enjoy the event and not worry about a thing. The set up was beautiful and we could not have done it without them.

Sent on 09/26/2019

Kim Burke · Married on 08/31/2019

Felicia and her team were amazing!

Felicia was very responsive and organized. She and her team carried out the desires of my daughter perfectly. She keeps everyone on point and makes the day fun for even the MOB. You will not have to worry about anything!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Kim, thank you for such a wonderful review. We loved worked with you and it was truly a pleasure. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again.
  • Will

Will Wang · Married on 06/08/2019

Awesome wedding planner!

Hiring Felicia was easily one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! She was a true professional and took over the wedding planning process three months before our wedding. She was great to work with, super responsive to all our questions and requests, and put us at complete ease. She was also very organized and detail oriented and kept us on track and on schedule for all the major wedding planning milestones. Felicia was also a fantastic sounding board for different ideas (arrangements, decorations, flow, etc.) and helped us execute our vision perfectly.

Overall, she and her team did a great job on our wedding and we couldn't be happier! We got so many compliments afterwards from our guests on how nice our wedding was and a good chunk of that goes to Felicia and her team. Our only regret is that we didn't hire her sooner.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. It was truly our pleasure! Both you and Becky were awesome and so much fun to work with.

Pritha Shivaji · Married on 05/18/2019

Felicia is amazing — She did everything possible to make our celebration extraordinary!

Felicia accomplished the impossible— the bride and groom were busy with work, the mothers were on opposite coasts, and our special event surpassed all expectations.

She accommodated varying schedules, worked with our preferences and price points, and set high standards for all family celebrations to come.

She handled the numerous details and relieved us of all pressure and worry — so much so that we enjoyed the wedding as much as our guests!

I highly recommend Felicia— she is very capable and keeps everything on track while maintaining a relaxed and friendly demeanor.

Sent on 05/22/2019

A Collins · Married on 02/11/2019

Outstanding wedding planner

Working with Felicia at Celebrations Made Simple was definitely the best decision we made for our wedding. She was so organized, detail oriented, and helpful. We probably wouldn't have had the vendors we needed for our wedding without Felicia.

We found Felicia through a friend's recommendation and I have recommended her to everyone I know who is currently engaged. Her prices are exceptionally reasonable and she takes care of everything. I really can't recommend her enough. If I ever plan another event with 130 guests again, I know the first thing I do will be to book Felicia to help.

Sent on 12/06/2019

K & T · Married on 11/03/2018

Love, love, love--highly recommend!

Hiring Felicia and her team at CMS was the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. We first met her when she planned a wedding in which I (the bride) was a bridesmaid, almost 6 years ago. I was so impressed by her performance at my friend's wedding that I saved her name and vowed that I would hire her for my wedding--whenever that eventually happened. Fast-forward five years, I got engaged, and one of the first things we did was reach out to Felicia. My expectations were high, but she nevertheless exceeded them.

We purchased her month-of package, but the services she provided went far beyond the month before the wedding. Felicia is responsive, a level-headed problem solver, and just generally made our lives SO much easier. From providing advice, to giving us access to planning tools, to guiding us through the planning process, Felicia was well worth the investment. Honestly, just the fact that you can load her car with all your decorations and other supplies in advance of the wedding, and show up at the venue with everything already set up, would by itself be enough of a reason to hire her. Throw in her wealth of knowledge and ability to handle problems as they arise, and hiring her is a no-brainer. We ran into some issues with our venue during the event, and Felicia handled them like a champ, so much so that my husband and I were largely unaware of the issues until after the fact. Without her, our wedding would have been significantly less enjoyable, both for our guests and (especially) for us. We could not be happier. Felicia is the bomb--I HIGHLY recommend her for all your event-planning needs!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Alex · Married on 09/22/2018

Felicia (and her team) were amazing. She took the time to really "get" what we wanted and then made it happen. And while she is on top of every detail, she also has a low-stress demeanor that reduced my stress level. Would hire her again in a heart beat.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Brian · Married on 09/22/2018

We had a truly amazing experience with Celebrations Made Simple. Felicia and her team were incredibly professional, detail-oriented, and responsive. Their attention to detail removed all the stress from our wedding day - I cannot recommend them enough.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Joshua · Married on 05/19/2018

Of all of our wedding decisions to make, the best hands down was hiring Felicia. She was constantly in contact, never left us waiting for an answer, laid everything out for us before every decision, and was at our beck and call throughout the service.

She pulled nothing but the best contractors for us to choose from, while still carefully meeting out budget needs. Our wedding was only on track and so well turned out because of her constant attention.

Felicia is incredibly friendly and charming and you will ENJOY your meetings with her, even if you think you would dread the work and sheer size of planning that goes into the wedding. She makes it that easy and fun!

It is amazing how quickly the time will go by and how much of the work she will shoulder for you. At the end of the day no matter how you go about it you will be married, but with Felicia you will get to that end of the day with a minimum of hassle in your part, knowing someone who is remarkably organized and in control is making sure all the little things line up and are handled.
    The company name says it all, your celebration will be so much easier, and therefore enjoyable, because of Felicia. We never once had the pre-wedding panic and I can only believe it was because our first big decision was hiring Felicia and Celebrations Made Simple!
    -Happy Husbands in Alexandria

Sent on 05/29/2018

David · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I spent the past year planning our wedding with Felicia, and she has been an absolute DREAM to work with! She is so friendly and accommodating and helped guide us through every step of the process, especially as we had no idea what we were doing. She'll work with you to help create your vision, provide suggestions if requested, or allow you to take the lead... but she also isn't afraid to tell you when you've got a bad idea. The day of the wedding she and her team handled every little detail and vendor mishap so that we didn't have to worry or stress about a thing. She has more than 10 years experience with traditional and contemporary weddings and events as well as a few same-sex weddings, so has plenty of experience to draw on. Felicia also has a variety of electronic resources at hand that really helped us to manage everything from the budget, vendors, and guest list to design ideas. If we could give Felicia 6 stars we would - we cannot recommend her more highly! In fact -- we've already referred friends to her.

Sent on 05/26/2018

Jaafar · Married on 04/21/2018

Excelent Wedding Planner in DMV!!

I was a DJ at a wedding last weekend and it was so easy to work with Felecia and her team. She was on top of her stuff and truly made wedding planning fun! She had everything 100% under control. Simply THE BEST!!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Shaniqua

Shaniqua · Married on 04/14/2018

Celebrations Made Simple made our wedding go very well! Our wedding started on time, and ended on time. Everyone who worked from Celebrations Made Simple were professional and pleasant to work with! Felicia was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. When I met Felicia to get a feel of who I wanted to work with, I knew after the first meeting, I wanted her as my wedding planner. Felicia is very knowledgeable about vendors and making weddings transition very smoothly. I am so glad to have had Celebrations Made Simple be a part of our wedding! Thanks Celebrations Made Simple!!!!!

Sent on 06/20/2018

joni · Married on 04/14/2018

Great job! I have people sending me texts saying that it was the best party every. They loved the services and professionalism of Celebrations Made Simple staff. Thank you so much, job well done--super job!!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Lorraine · event on: 02/10/2018

Selecting Celebrations Made Simple to plan and execute my husband's "70s Soul Train" party is one of the best decisions I have ever made. The company is professional, strategic, knowledgeable about the event planning industry, and very experienced in Project Management. My party was EPIC and all my guests had an amazing time; I felt like a guest at my own party. From the complicated negotiations of the vendor contracts to the smallest details of choosing colors for the balloons, Celebrations Made Simple allowed me to breathe and trust the process. I HIGHLY recommend Celebrations Made Simple to anyone interested in hiring a planner. In the future, I will only partner with Celebrations Made Simple to plan and execute any event for me.My husband was extremely surprised and I didn't have to worry about set up, clean up or ensuring guests were taken care of the entire night. Bravo Celebrations Made Simple!!!!!!!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Lorraine · Married on 02/10/2018

Selecting Celebrations Made Simple to plan and execute my husband's surprise "70s Soul Train" party is one of the best decisions I have ever made. The company was professional, strategic, knowledgeable and highly experienced about the event planning industry. My party was loved by all my guests; I felt like a guest at my own party. Every detail was implemented without a hitch; from negotiations and contracts with all the vendors to the smallest details such as the color of balloons.. I HIGHLY recommend Celebrations Made Simple to anyone interested in a professional planner with Project Management background. My party was EPIC and I owe it all to Celebrations Made Simple. I am forever grateful for the partnership and I will never use any other planner for any future events.

Sent on 02/12/2018

Theresa · Married on 12/16/2017

This isn’t our first Celebrations Made Simple event and it surely won’t be our last. This one was a family Christmas celebration combined with a 50th Anniversary. Having the joy of attending your own event with LITERALLY nothing to worry about but what to wear AND being able to focus entirely on your guests is priceless. Felicia, Hope & Faith are the absolute best. ❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 12/20/2017

Leah · Married on 07/29/2017

The whole crew at Celebrations Made Simple are beyond amazing. From beginning to end, my 30th birthday event was perfect because of them. They were able to create a party for my personality and style with the budget I had in mind. I would definitely use them as a vendor in the future if the need arises. Cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Brittany · Married on 05/20/2017

We had a blast working with Felicia! She was professional, well organized, and very detailed. She exceeded our expectations and went beyond her duties as a day of coordinator. This included contraction vendors, coordinating virtual meetings, and physically attending vendor meetings early on. Her positive and calm demeanor helped mitigate a lot of stress leading up to our big day. Communication was great as she would always respond in a timely manner. In addition, she would always offer to lend her assistance if needed. We knew Felicia would be a great fit after our first initial interview and we were not wrong! We highly recommend Celebrations Made Simple for your event!!!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Celebrations Made Simple's reply:

Thank you Brittany for such a wonderful review. It was truly my pleasure to work with both you and Antonio. Both of you are a very lovely couple! I wish you well as you embark on this new journey together.