Cedar Point Country Club Reviews

Cedar Point Country Club 6
Cedar Point Country Club 7

Brian Dillon · Married on 10/27/2018

A picky guy's review of Cedar Point

Very pleased with Cedar Point CC. Being from out of town we had little experience with area venues and this proved to be a perfect choice. High quality food and service and very responsive during the planning process.

Meghan · Married on 11/11/2017

I truly couldn't have asked for a more accommodating venue. Our event turned out beautiful. Sarah Giacometti is the event coordinator and she was amazing to work with. The room was transformed into a fairy tale. The view is gorgeous and we received a lot of compliments on the food. If you are looking for a venue to have a special event, I highly recommend Cedar Point Country Club.

Jacquie · Married on 10/07/2017

I visited several venues before checking out Cedar Point Country Club, but I knew right away this was the place. It's absolutely gorgeous! You're right on the river, our ceremony overlooked the river (which made for a beautiful backdrop!) and you can see the river through the massive windows in the reception hall. I know my pictures will look fabulous because of the stunning location. And Sarah and the entire team at Cedar Point were so easy to work with and so accommodating! Sarah is the venue coordinator and she made planning my wedding so easy. It was easy to get in touch with her whenever I had questions leading up to the wedding. She was also there all day on the day of the wedding to help make sure things ran smoothly (which they did!). The food at Cedar Point was fabulous as well. My guests were very happy with their dinner selections! I'm so happy I picked Cedar Point for my special day!

Lois · Married on 05/20/2017

Very beautiful venue. Sarah was great to work with in all aspects. She is very experienced & knowledgeable in the wedding planning. Even though it rained up to the time the ceremony began she worked with us to fulfill our daughters wishes on having it outside and making her best day ever perfect & beautiful!

• User5500312 · 1+ year ago

We are having our wedding here 3/25/2017 and Sarah was exceptional when it came to communication. She answered all of our questions promptly and has been flexible with our schedule. Very friendly staff in the whole club and has great feedback.

Taylor · Married on 11/19/2016

I loved this venue! The staff and Sarah went above and beyond to make sure our big day was everything we hoped for! Sarah was very helpful and always answered all my questions I had.. they even cooked me a separate meal for dinner! They were great I would recommend them to everyone for your big day!

This venue, the location is just perfect! And Sarah is truly a blessing! She helped make the planning process so easy. Thank you Cedar Point for giving us an amazing and beautiful place to get married!

Lauren · Married on 08/28/2016

We had a wonderful wedding at Cedar Point! Sarah worked with us through the whole process, and was very helpful and responsive to my many questions. We didn't have a very big budget, so it was great to find a venue where we could customize our day to stay under the max amount. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Mary Beth · Married on 05/07/2016

Cedar Point provided us with outstanding service from the time we booked the facility to the moment we walked out the door! The food, service and its surroundings made out reception a perfect evening!

Laura Beth · Married on 11/14/2015

Sarah and the entire team at Cedar Point were awesome! It is such a beautiful location, and I'm so glad we chose it for our wedding reception. Everyone was comfortable the entire time. The space was arranged perfectly. The food was smashing! If you're thinking of a food event, have the omelette station - The Cedar Point staff are incredibly talented and use high-quality food. The brunch stations were elegant and ornate. I would do my reception over 100 times!

Audreanna · Married on 06/19/2015

They were excellent and very flexible and understanding when we started late. I have no complaints at all. Very good, kind people!

Betsie · Married on 06/21/2014

Keith Harris provides the perfect day for your special event. He is the quintessential manager for any entertaining or dining event you may chose to have at Cedar Point. Everything was perfect. The food, was to die for. Expertly finished and served beautifully. The bar was handled with exact precision. Not a thing was out of order. It was a flawless presentation on behalf of Mr. Harris and his staff. I am forever grateful.

Valerie · Married on 05/25/2013

Cedar Point Country Club provides expansive views of the river and golf course and the most common statement from our guest were "the view is stunning". The venue provides the perfect location for a wedding ceremony and reception with beautiful water views. The food and service received praises from our guest and many said it was the best reception food they have experienced. We are not members of the club and did not know what to expect with the quality of the food and it was outstanding. Mr. Harris and his staff were professional and accommodating. We also used the outdoor location for the ceremony and they allowed a tent to be erected. Cedar Point Country Club provides the best value in town. Included in the venue fee is the use of the outdoor area, dance floor and any additional items are reasonable. They do not nickel and dime you to death. Thank you Cedar Point Country Club in providing a memorable wedding reception for my daughter.

Mr. Harris and his team are fantastic. I was surprised how wonderful this place is. It's such a beautiful setting on the James river. The plated dinner we served was a 5 star dinner. I can't even begin to tell how good the food was. My guest were so impressed by everything they had to offer us. The best part it the price it all was. I couldn't find of found out a more wonderful place for the price.

Allison · Married on 08/28/2010

The manager was very helpful with great suggestions about layouts and food. The place is beautiful and very picturesque. The manager even lent us a golf cart so we could take pictures on a bridge that was a bit of a walk away. Very professional with a lot of space for friends and guests to have fun.

We were told by several people that this was the nicest wedding reception the had ever attended. Cedar Point Country Club is a lovely setting for an event to begin with, but the professionalism with which Sarah and her staff executed each part was exceptional as well as personable. The food was delicious and graciously served. We would highly recommend this venue for a wedding reception in the Suffolk area.

Stephanie · Married on 08/01/2009

I would suggest Cedar Pointe Country Club to any bride. It was a beautiful place to have my reception.

3.5

Lovely views of the water, friendly and flexible staff. Excellent chef too! I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

• User5132875 · event on: 05/19/2015

Excellent service and food in the most beautiful venue in Suffolk. Views are always spectacular. Planning made easy by a very professional and well informed young woman, Sarah Giacometti

• LeAnne

Leanne Reed · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful Venue

Cedar Point Country Club was a beautiful choice of venue. We were happy with our consultant, Sarah and the ceremony on the water. The food was amazing as well.

Rebecca · Married on 10/18/2015

This venue is a fantastic value for the money. Their rental fee was the cheapest we were able to find in our area, and the location has beautiful waterfront views. The food from the in-house chef was delicious; we've received many compliments from our guests on the quality of the meal. Be aware that you have to go through them for all food and bar service. The on-staff event coordinator was flexible and easy to work with, and she was able to provide excellent recommendations as needed. I did not give a full 5 stars because they are not very responsive; expect to wait multiple days for a response to a call or email. This is my only complaint; otherwise, 5 stars.

• User6171966 · 2+ years ago

The day was perfect! It was everything I wanted it to be and more. The venue has a feeling of being sophisticated, but not stuffy. It is elegant and down to earth all at once, comfortable environment for everyone.

We had our ceremony outside and the reception inside. The backdrop is a beautiful for all of your photos.

The staff was very helpful and very professional. Everyone had a great time with the drinks a-flowing! (We felt the sting of that later. ;) )

The food was delicious! They even made a special side of risotto for my husband since it is his favorite!

Helpful hints: You need to rent chairs if you do anything outside. You also will need to rent chairs for the inside, if you do not want the large burnt orange chairs provided by the venue.

You can have the venue for the whole day of your wedding to set up, but that does not mean that others will not be enjoying the locker room with you. This only matters if you chose to get ready on site.

Kelly · Married on 05/28/2016

3.0

This is a beautiful venue with exceptional waterfront views. The interior is also beautiful and we especially loved the artwork. This venue suited all of our needs. The staff was courteous and professional and everything from start to finish was smooth. Sarah was exceptional in tending to all of our needs (some last minute as well), and made helpful suggestions throughout the entire planning process. The venue was ideal for our daughter's wedding and she and husband were very pleased and said everything was just perfect which = "happy parents." The food was excellent and cooked "made to order" which was great, but understandably it did take some time serving a large crowd (175). Overall, it was an awesome experience and I would highly recommend it. Great value too for such a beautiful venue with such accommodating staff. Thank you Cedar Point!

Janssen · Married on 06/20/2015

3.0

The reception venue was beautiful and our food was perfect. Unfortunately, I did feel like there was a lack in communication at times with the staff but on the big day, everything worked out!