Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa Reviews

Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa 6
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa 7
  • Baptiste

Baptiste Buchler · Married on 05/04/2019

The Catamaran Resort is the ideal spot for a San Diego wedding!

The Catamaran Resort is the ideal spot for a San Diego wedding. It gave us the perfect blend of beach and bay, with a touch of tropical paradise. We loved having the ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors on the water, with direct access to the ballroom and dinner only steps away. Throughout the entire ceremony and reception, guests were treated to beautiful beach/bay vistas and we received unending compliments on the amazing location.

Beyond the great location and amazing wedding photos, The Catamaran staff helped to make our wedding day go off without a hitch. Our on-site coordinator, Amber Lighty, worked with us from start to finish to make sure our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were tailored to our tastes and needs. Amber made our planning meetings/tastings fun and helped us not stress about the small stuff. It was really nice to have an inclusive package that gave us up front pricing on everything from the reception and ceremony to the wedding cake and honeymoon suite.

On the day of our wedding, the ballroom was elegant and the catering led by Yewbe, our Banquet Captain, went off without a hitch. Amber and her team coordinated easily with our outside vendors and made our special day stress free. I would totally recommend a wedding package with the Catamaran Hotel. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/21/2019
    Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa 14
  • Anav

Ana V · Married on 04/06/2019

Dream Wedding venue

The Catamaran is a wedding factory. Drop by on any given Saturday and you are bound to see ceremony chairs set-up or a newly minted couple taking photos by the bay. However, from day one Stephany treated us like we were the only wedding of the year. That personal experience stuck with us every step until the big day arrived. Stephany is not only knowledgeable about the policies, options, and limitations of their venues, but is eternally patient during your decision making process. When we arrived at the reception, before we even entered the Aviary ballroom our Banquet Captain Dave Hoper introduced himself and set the tone for what would be an unforgettable afternoon. All of our guests were enamored with the food and service. We received many compliments from guests how their glasses were always full and food brought continuously. Dave personally and continuously checked in with us throughout the event to make sure every expectation was being met. If you are hesitant to choose the Catamaran because they do a high volume of weddings and you are worried you will just become a number, forget about it. They will make your wedding day special and deliver a personal experience equivalent to the high-end names in the resort game.

Sent on 04/24/2019

Victoria · Married on 07/21/2018

Amazing Venue!!!!!!! Couldn't have been happier

Sent on 10/02/2018

Taryn & Chad · Married on 06/09/2018

Planning a wedding at the Catamaran while being in Arizona was a bit of a challenge but Amber made it so easy and was so kind to work with! The resort is filled with luscious tropical greens that surround the gazebo where we got married. The food and beverage were amazing! The entire Catamaran staff are absolutely amazing! Having a suite allowed us to enjoy the beautiful views of not only the resort but mission bay which is footsteps away and the ocean. The ocean is just across the street from the resort! The area surrounding the resort is amazing as there is so much to do! We will definitely be back to stay again!

Sent on 06/12/2018

michele · Married on 05/12/2018

I love love love love this place!!! I fall in love with it over and over again every time I go back and look at our photos. We live in Arizona and I planned this with Sylvia without any issues. She was great to work with and very professional. The Catamaran has a beautiful view of the bay and also has beautiful grounds within the property as you can see in our photos. There are not enough words to describe my love for this place and I am a very picky person but this place just gives me all the feelz.

Sent on 07/02/2018
    Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa 22
    Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa 23
    Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa 24

Amanda · Married on 12/29/2017

The Catamaran was amazing!! Our guests joined us for the week leading up to our wedding and it was better than we could have imagined! The resort was the perfect location for fun water sports on Mission Bay, sand volleyball games, walking to adorable coffee shops and fish taco stands, and just a couple blocks away is the ocean. It's the perfect location for a little bit of everything!

Our wedding day was completely perfect!! Amber and the wedding coordinators were so helpful through the entire planning process and so responsive to emails. The ceremony location on the sand, cocktail on the lawn, and reception in the boardroom were perfect! The staff was super friendly and very professional.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Theresa · Married on 07/22/2017

I got married at The Catamaran on 7/22/2017, and could not have asked for a more perfect wedding venue! I am originally from the East Coast, and hosting 150 of our out-of-town guests there was an absolute dream. Everyone kept saying how beautiful the scenery was, and how they can't believe we live here! Practically everyone I told I was getting married there raved about the location, and said they had attended some of their favorite weddings there. The bay was a perfect setting for photos, and it really cleared out by 7/8 pm when we were doing sunset photos. The Catamarans in the background were the perfect touch to our beachy theme!

Jayna Prest was amazing to work with in the months leading up to the big day, and was very responsive to communications between my coordinator and I. She was able to address all of my requested changes, and was very organized!! Dave Hopper, our banquet captain, was unbelievably nice and attentive the day of. He brought my husband and I a plate of our passed h'orderves because we were taking photos during the cocktail hour, he brought us drinks from the bar during dinner, and he brought me over to check out every station and every detail to make sure it was to my approval. My parents appreciated him checking in with them throughout the night, too!

As part of the wedding package, I got 2 nights in the honeymoon suite in the tower. My girlfriends and I got ready there the morning of (after eating brunch at their restaurant Oceana on site), and the view from up top is unbeatable. The Catamaran staff sent us champagne while we were getting ready, and sent my husband and I chocolate covered strawberries as well!

Thank you Catamaran for making it the best day ever!!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Claire · Married on 07/14/2017

We had the most Amazing wedding on Friday 7/14/17 at the Catamaran Hotel. Very private, small and lovely setting at the gazebo, followed by the Luau. We had a destination wedding there, so wonderful to have entertainment of the luau for our guests. Then we finished the night off with a cruise on their Bahia Boat! So glad we chose the Catamaran! The food and staff were absolutely spectacular! We would highly recommend the Catamaran! Thank you - Claire and Matt Miller.

Sent on 10/01/2017
    Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa 32
    Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa 33
    Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa 34

Vanessa · Married on 09/30/2016

Amazing amazing amazing! 50 stars! Amber Lighty, the Director of Catering, is the best, bar none. From the beginning she was super friendly, professional, responsive, flexible, and genuinely excited to be a part of our day. The Catamaran Resort is a beautiful, classy, fun, friendly, tropical paradise. All staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcomed. Our Banquet Captain, Dave Hopper, was incredible. We missed our appetizers during the Cocktail Hour since we were taking photos so he made sure to save us one of each and bring them to us during dinner. That was just one example of the small details both he and Amber attended to so that everyone was happy. The food and drinks were delicious, the table linens and settings were perfect, the view was unparalleled… We were looking for something romantic and intimate yet able to accommodate the needs of over 100 guests and this was the perfect balance. They can make your wedding into everything you imagined - I would recommend this venue to everyone!!

Sent on 11/27/2016
  • OliviaReynolds

Olivia · Married on 09/03/2016

We looked at several locations, all similar in style and setting, before we looked at the Catamaran. I mean we live in San Diego; there are plenty of beautiful wedding venues to choose from. We wanted a beach wedding so we primarily looked at venues that would give us that feel. The Catamaran was the last place we looked at and we didn’t need to look anywhere else. From our first meeting with Sylvia to our wedding day she made us feel comfortable and excited to have our wedding in such a beautiful location. Sylvia was just wonderful, she answered all my 100’s of questions promptly, she worked with our budget to make sure we had everything we wanted and did such an amazing job of helping to facilitate and make sure everything was perfect for our wedding day! We decided to get married on the south lawn in the early evening and have our reception in the Aviary Ballroom—the venue could not be more beautiful! Our service was gorgeous, and the cocktail hour food was AMAZING!!! One thing I really enjoyed, and didn’t expect to, was that because we were married on a public boardwalk we shared our day with people we didn’t even know. When my husband and I walked past the restaurant after our ceremony the whole restaurant clapped and cheered for us. One couple even told us they were married there 20 years ago. I just loved that!! In addition to the venue being beyond beautiful, and the rooms (the bridal suite especially) being amazing, our banquet manager Dave was simply the best. He was there to help us with anything we needed from getting my husband and I a beverage to enjoy while taking pictures, to getting a wheel chair for my grandmother, to making sure our wedding party and I had champagne and appetizers immediately following the ceremony, to the most important part of all…making sure my husband and I actually ate our fabulous wedding meal of Sea Bass and NY Steak. He made sure we ate first which allowed us to greet each table while our guests ate.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Kamri · Married on 06/10/2016

If you are looking for the perfect beach wedding location, you've found the right spot! My now husband and I worked with Amber for our June 10, 2016 wedding. As soon as we toured the resort, we knew we found the perfect location. Amber was so responsive with all of my questions and last minute changes. Everything was perfect on our big and the food was spectacular, our guests still bring up the Lobster Bisque en Croute. We could not have found a better venue. If your choose the Catamaran you will be in great hands!

Sent on 02/17/2017

Tammie · Married on 05/01/2016

Planning a wedding from 1,500 miles away can be quite daunting however not with this reliable team! Amber made it so simple to make our decision to host our wedding and reception at the Catamaran, from her flexibility and variety of options, to her pleasant personality and immediate responsiveness. No to mention the entire event staff that executed every detail flawlessly, particularly Dave Hopper the Banquet Captain who was by our side to ensure we had everything we wanted / needed each time he saw my husband and I on the move throughout the evening!
    I cannot put into words just how stunning and flawless our wedding was in addition to our stay; from hosting our ceremony on the beach and reception on the lawn, to the design and feel of the resort and comfort of our room, it was terribly hard to leave. The resort is like a paradise oasis, as if San Diego is not beautiful enough, stepping into to resort is like staying at a secluded tropical destination. To put the icing on the cake, our final two nights were spent in the honeymoon suit; from the ground floor to the 11th floor, the views cannot be beat!!!

Sent on 05/10/2016

We had the most BEAUTIFUL December wedding reception at the Catamaran Resort. It started with an evening cocktail hour on their lawn space outside overlooking Mission Bay. This was followed by dinner and dancing in the Kon Tiki ballroom. Our catering manager Amber Lighty was AMAZING! She helped with all our venue planning and made the evening go smoothly. The banquet captain, Yewbe, was also very attentive during the reception. Everything was just perfect!!! Most of our guests were from out of town and it was a great place to make them feel like they were at a destination wedding. Everyone was impressed with the clean rooms and the views :) Our honeymoon suite was AMAZING!!! I would definitely recommend the Catamaran Resort for your wedding or your next vacation!

Sent on 01/04/2016

We chose the Catamaran Resort for our wedding in November 2015 and it was the absolute perfect venue.

We had mostly out-of-town guests and we wanted a hotel in a central location where it would be easy for guests to get out and explore the area. Our families loved whale watching, paddle boarding, Belmont Park, and going to the beach and boardwalk while visiting for our wedding. The Catamaran has a beautiful property filled with gardens and backs right up on Mission Bay with rooms that fit many budgets (especially with the discounted wedding rate!).

We had our ceremony on the beach north lawn (surrounded by 4 palm trees) and our reception in the Kon Tiki Ballroom. Amber Lighty, the director of Catering, and Dave Hopper, the Banquet Captain, made sure everything was exactly how we envisioned. Dave checked on my husband and I continuously throughout the night to see if there was anything additional he could get us and went above and beyond to even providing the recipe for the delicious mango salsa so we could get a taste of our wedding at home!

The honeymoon suite (we were on the 7th floor of the tower) had the most amazing view of Mission Bay and the Pacific Ocean. It was the perfect place for my bridesmaids and I to sleep the night before the wedding and my new husband and I to spend the night of our wedding. Amber even surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our room after the ceremony!!

We fell in love with the Catamaran Hotel the first time we visited and can not recommend it highly enough for a vacation or the most perfect wedding!!!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Stephanie · Married on 08/07/2015

Excellent venue for our beautiful beach wedding. Customer service was exceptional, food was delicious, we had an amazing day and our guests did too! Can't say enough good things about the Catamaran!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2014

We had our wedding at the Catamaran on 10/11/14 and our day was beyond amazing. I seriously cannot say enough good things about Amber Kelly, the catering coordinator there. We had a very long engagement (16 months from the time we booked the venue to the wedding date) and that means she got A LOT of emails from me during that time period. She was always super fast at responding and was really easy to work with and so nice. We were really upset when 5 weeks out from our wedding we were told that there was going to be construction at our ceremony and cocktail hour site to update their restaurant. The news really blind sided us as we picked the Catamaran for its aesthetics both outside and inside. Amber completely understood our concerns. She was able to reassure us and in the end delivered a beautiful ceremony and cocktail hour space despite the construction that you didn’t even notice was there. (Except for our family who was staying there all week and had to hear the jack hammers and drilling on the week days.) She also helped to set up the ballroom with our homemade centerpieces, kept all my supplies overflowing in her office for a week, and snuck down the stairs behind me without anyone seeing to fix my train and veil as I came down the aisle.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Mary · Married on 09/27/2014

We would very strongly recommend the Catamaran for wedding ceremonies and receptions. I agree with the previous recommendation -- Sylvia Ramirez is AMAZING! We also planned our wedding from out-of-state (Kansas City, MO), but Sylvia made everything very low stress and our day was absolutely perfect! Sylvia was extremely responsive, especially the day before when I started freaking out about little details (and last minute cancellations by guests due to the Chicago radio tower incident).

Everything was on time, the food was delicious, and the service was absolutely fantastic! Multiple guests commented about the friendliness of the staff. The waiter serving our sweetheart table was a complete sweetheart himself and I even got him to dance with me! Another waitress let me know that everyone was commenting about how sweet and thoughtful our personalized notes were (this really meant a lot to me). The North Lawn is beautiful and The Kon Tiki Ballroom is a beautiful room, with a beautiful ceiling, a balcony, and plenty of space (we did not want our guests to feel trapped). I can not say enough great things about Sylvia, the Catamaran, and the wonderful kitchen and wait staff. Thank you, Catamaran, for making our day so perfect!!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Kara · Married on 09/12/2014

Right from the start the Catamaran seemed like they wanted our business. Sylvia was a pleasure to work with, and very responsive to emails. Since I was an out of state bride this was very important. Everything went flawlessly, and they even cleaned up the honeymoon suite and left a little gift :) Thanks Sylvia!

Sent on 10/13/2014
  • Deborah

Deborah · Married on 08/10/2014

We had our wedding on the South Beach, cocktail hour on the lawn, and full service dinner reception upstairs in the Boardroom. Everything was perfect. I was a little worried because the hotel banquet coordinator we had been dealing with told us on Thursday (while we were driving down there) that it was her last day. But she assured us that her replacement was well briefed and the event went off without a hitch. The venue was perfect and the food was awesome. Plenty of time allowed for each course and the staff was responsive. If you're looking for a beach wedding, this is the place to do it!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Brenna · Married on 07/12/2014

Last month I married the love of my life in San Diego, CA. I started planning the wedding while I was still living in Washington, DC and my future husband was here in San Diego. While most of the wedding planning was done via email and internet searches, I was able to spend a couple days in San Diego 3 months before the wedding. Fortunately all of the vendors, especially Sylvia Ramirez, the Catering Sales Manager at the Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa, exceeded my expectations and made our special day better than I had imagined. The outdoor ceremony space was breathtaking with views of the bay, the reception area was elegant and perfect for an intimate event, the service staff was professional and extremely accommodating, the food was superb and brought accolades from all of the guests, and the rooms were lovely. Thank you, Sylvia and Catamaran, for creating such elegant and enchanting ceremony and reception spaces and providing such exceptional customer service for our wedding day!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Kattrina · Married on 03/07/2014

Amber and the rest of her team at the Catamaran were able to provide my husband and I with the perfect little beach wedding! The set up was amazing, the food was amazing, the room was AMAZING! Everything was absolutely perfect! Words cannot express how great of a job they did. I would HIGHLY recommend Amber and her team and the Catamaran for ANY event!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Courtney · Married on 10/06/2013

The Catamaran Hotel is a gorgeous venue! We worked with Amber and she did a fantastic job helping with every aspect of my wedding planning. She was prompt to return emails and phone calls and answered all my questions appropriately. She is also very knowledgeable of local vendors and helpful with everything dealing with the hotel. The food was delicious and the chef was very nice. The Aviary ballroom is perfect if you're wanting a large dance floor with a gorgeous Mission Bay view. The North Lawn is a perfect setting for either a formal or an informal ceremony. Hotel rooms are a little outdated but the view of Mission Bay makes up for it, and they weren't dirty or anything. Overall, the Catamaran was a great location for our San Diego, day time, beach wedding!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Kim · Married on 07/20/2013

We had the most amazing wedding here! Everything was set up perfectly and the service was the best! Tracey was absolutely amazing and made sure every detail was perfect. It was a day that we will never forget and the Catamaran helped to make it perfect!

Sent on 12/24/2013

Michael · Married on 06/22/2013

The Catamaran was a great place to host a wedding reception. The food was terrific, and the resort was surprisingly not more expensive than other beach locations in Mission Bay. Although I would recommend booking online, as that was cheaper even after accounting for the wedding guest discount that the front desk offers. The reception area is also set up to be close to the resort but secluded from foot traffic of non-guests.

Sent on 07/19/2013