Casey Hendrickson Photography Reviews

Casey Hendrickson Photography 3
Casey Hendrickson Photography 4
Casey Hendrickson Photography 5

Brittany · Married on 11/16/2013

I have know Casey for 6 years on a personal and professional level, and she is the best! She does fantastic work for any occasion, and as a wedding planner she is my preferred vendor! Always my number 1 top pick for any type of photography!

Sent on 11/16/2013
  • User3623636 · event on: 10/16/2013

Casey was absolutely phenomenal through the whole planning process and up to the day of the photo session. I contacted Casey and asked her if she would travel for our engagement session, and she replied she was up for anything. Casey has a wonderful personality, easy to get along with, and extremely comfortable to work with. My fiance was a little nervous since we never had professional pictures done before, but Casey made it so easy! She cares about her clients and wants nothing but the best and a good relationship with you! Absolutely loved her!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Lacey · event on: 09/30/2013

I could not be more pleased with our engagement pictures. They were absolutely beautiful! Casey has been so wonderful to work with. I know without a doubt, she was the perfect choice of photographer for us!

Christie · Married on 09/20/2013

Casey was a dream to work with in our wedding. She went way above and beyond any expectations we held for a photographer. From our engagement pictures at the beach to our wedding in the mountains, she is prepared to take on anything. She is extremely talented and works incredibly hard to produce the most amazing pictures that any bride and groom could ever hope for. We have been thoroughly impressed with her work and recommend her to anyone and everyone we meet!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Lauren · event on: 09/18/2013

Had a wonderful time and loved the photos!

Ashlee · Married on 09/07/2013

Casey produced beautiful, high quality photos of my engagement, bridals, and wedding. She worked with me to reschedule when we were rained out for my Bridals and also got my photos back to me very quickly. She continued working with me even afterwards to make sure they were all exactly how I wanted them! Casey is a wonderful person and a very talented photographer!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Maribeth · Married on 09/01/2013

I hired Casey for engagement pictures and boudoir photography. She was very professional, courteous, and friendly. The awesome part about the way she took pictures was that I felt comfortable and she gave direction so I didn't feel lost. The pictures turned out fabulous and I can't wait to hire her again for the next photoshoot.

Sent on 01/09/2016

Eva · Married on 08/03/2013

Casey was a dream to work with, she was professional, extremely organized and personable. We had a blast on both our engagement shoot and our whole wedding with her! She has an extensive quality portfolio and honestly loves what she does and the client relationships that she creates. If you desire quality and someone to feel comfortable with capturing your wedding day, please consider and just converse with Casey. She will win you over quite quickly!!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Matt · Married on 07/20/2013

Casey was wonderful to work with. She really made our day special and captured our wedding day perfectly.

• User6221079 · event on: 05/04/2013

Casey Hendrickson is an amazing photographer! I did an outdoor boudoir session with her and I had such a great experience! She made me feel so comfortable! The pictures turned out perfect and the quality is outstanding! I chose to do the session as a gift to my husband for our first anniversary present. He absolutely loved them. I am looking forward to scheduling future sessions with her! :) :)

Sent on 01/17/2016

Amands · Married on 10/05/2012

CaseHrndrickson was amazing ... by far the best photographer we ever meant. She would do anything for you on your wedding day as well any other pictures you get done. She does beautiful pictures. She is such a sweet person. I can't wait to get more pictures from her ♡

Sent on 10/03/2013

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2012

Casey is absolutely wonderful! She will do everything she can to ensure that she captures everything that YOU want! She's so thoughtful and helpful and she just has an eye for creative photos! After having her capture my engagement photos, bridal, and wedding; I have hired her as my personal photographer for my family sessions as well. I have sent a handful of brides to Casey and each one of them were just as impressed as I was! You will not regret having Casey by your side during this important time in you're life!

Sent on 09/28/2013

Lauren · Married on 09/16/2017

Casey was wonderful to work with and so talented. Her photos are absolutely beautiful!! - And she shared with me a preview that day! I can not wait to see the rest of them :)

Sent on 10/18/2017

morgan · Married on 10/07/2016

Listen to me, Casey is amazing. We had a hurricane to deal with and when we had spurts of no rain, she was ready to go and she had a system. She was fast and was able to get all the shots without us getting soaked. She takes BEAUTIFUL pictures. I would book her again and again and again. And on top of that she's just an awesome person. Photography doesn't get any better. Not possible. I'll be using her for the rest of my life.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Alexandra · Married on 07/06/2013

Casey is an AMAZING photographer. She works so well with natural lighting that you will absolutely love your wedding photos. I have had so many friends and family compliment our wedding photos. She also shot my bridals and boudoirs, which look so great! She knows how to play with different lighting styles and how to pose. You can definitely tell that she loves her job and is always wanting to learn more to further herself as a photographer. I would highly recommend her to anyone getting married in the Charlotte area. Even better are her prices- she is so affordable! I have recommended her to friends afar because prices in their big cities are outrageously expensive. And even better- Casey loves to travel. So really I would recommend her to anyone in any corner of the country. Definitely check out her website and see for yourself that you would not be disappointed in hiring her as your wedding photographer. I know I will be looking to her to capture more moments in our lives down the road!

• Y

Yaneli · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful Wedding Photos

Casey was such a joy to work with and super flexible. We are located in Northern Virginia and she came all the way from NC to take our engagement photos, then back again for our wedding. My now husband and I were so nervous about the engagement photos, but Casey made us super comfortable and coached us through the entire experience.
    We've only just received a preview of our wedding photos (married on 5/11/19) and we are so impressed! She captured so much beauty from our big day and we can't wait to see more. She made sure to capture every photo from our must shoot list and she even had the preview on a slide show during the cocktail hour on her laptop, so guests could view it- how cool is that?!
    Overall, we were so pleased and impressed with Casey (and Megan)- we 100% recommend them.

Sent on 05/22/2019

Amanda · event on: 01/01/2016

Casey Hendrickson is an incredibly talented photographer, but also a wonderful and personable business woman. I chose to do a "mini" boudoir session (2 hours, 1 wardrobe change) for mine and my husband's 5th wedding anniversary. Casey made me feel very comfortable and confident. Her support staff provided me with professional hair and makeup, making me feel pampered and beautiful. She had some great ideas and suggestions, but was also open to my requests. Her photography process, including editing, does take some time, but it's completely worth it. Excellent quality, easy to access photographs, in color and black and white. Overall, my boudoir experience was outstanding. I would recommend her to anyone, with the understanding that she is an absolute professional. Worth the time and the money.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Sophia · Married on 10/10/2015

Casey is not only the first vendor I hired but by far the best decision I've made for my wedding! You can't go wrong with her attention to detail and her wonderful demeanor!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Jinitza · event on: 07/15/2015

For a boost of confidence and sexy surprise for my husband, I decided to do a boudoir maternity shoot with Casey during my 8th month of pregnancy! This was my first pregnancy and I was having a hard time accepting my growing bump and weight.. However, it was such a wonderful experience and so glad that I went through with it! She made me feel comfortable and at ease during every shoot. We got some great pictures that I will cherish forever!

Sent on 01/12/2016

I had to be one of the most aggravating clients of all time. First we postponed our wedding for a year. Casey was very understanding and extremely easy to work with about rescheduling everything.
    Second it rained the entire day of our wedding. That we still had outdoors. With no tent. Because the weather man said it was supposed to stop a few hours before the ceremony was to begin. Plus, there were NO clouds on the radar! Those non-existent clouds however, produced a steady drizzle for most of the night. But Casey and her second shooter trudged along with us! The rain even added a bit of excitement and a care-free feeling to the event that Casey captured perfectly!
    We also had engagement and bridal pictures made. And I love the pictures from everything she did! She had us laughing and feeling very comfortable, and the moments she captured from that are wonderful!
    I highly recommend Casey to anyone and everyone! Sometimes it was a little difficult to get in touch with her, but then again I did ask an awful lot out of her. I mean how many people will stand out in the rain all evening?

Sent on 05/12/2015
  • W

Wendy · Married on 10/22/2016

2.0

No words to express how amazing Casey was. Her humble, sweet, genuine spirit was what made so much of the experience better than words could describe. Her professional work and quick turn around (that same day) of a few sample pictures were incredible. I will be using her for every event my family has for years to come! She is not a photographer I only want to use once, she is one I trust to deliver, listen to suggestions, and makes the experience so memorable I always want to use her! You should too!!!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Emily · Married on 08/09/2014

We loved using Casey! In fact Casey was so good that my future sister-in-law saw what she did for us and has now booked Casey for her wedding. No one can touch Casey's work. The pictures themselves are flawless and beautiful. Sometimes I did have trouble getting in touch with her. However, I used three forms of communication (Facebook messenger, email and phone) and I found that if I emailed she would always get back with me. Casey was late to both my engagement session and the bridal portrait session, however, Casey was also one of the few photographers willing to travel almost 4 hours to another town for both sessions, so I feel good about cutting her some slack there! Casey was also sick the day of my bridal portraits and had someone drive her from Charlotte, NC to Charleston, SC so that she wouldn't miss them. I love that "get it done" attitude. Casey is definitely the type of person you want on your vendor team!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Alicia · Married on 05/27/2017

2.5
      3.5

I knew I wanted to have Casey has my wedding photographer.... before I was even engaged! I had a friend use her for her engagement photos (and later wedding day) and that's when I fell in love with her work. About 8 months later I got engaged to my longtime boyfriend and contacted Casey right away. I was holding my breath that she was available and at a reasonable price for packages. I shopped around with other Charlotte area photographers but her pricing, SKILLS and sweet personality won me over! I had her do photos for our Engagement, Bridal and our Wedding day. She is open to shooting anywhere, anytime and even included a few shots with our dog.

Sent on 11/28/2017

gabriela · Married on 10/08/2016

2.6
      2.0
      2.5
      3.0

Make sure your get your consultation and be very specific with your expectations.

Casey's editing is beautiful. Love love her style. Casey did my friend's wedding. I saw her pictures and loved her editing. I knew immediately I wanted her. I reached out to Casey inquiring about her services. She offered a consultation and also provided information regarding her prices. I knew I wanted to hire her so I told her I had to consult prices with my Fiancé. We ended up hiring her. We were never offered a consultation once she was hired. I found it extremely difficult to get a hold of her. We didn't hear from her regarding our engagement pictures so I reached out to her to set up an appointment. After the engagement pictures were done, I wanted to access the bride site that she offers as part of the package. I reached out to her asking her how engagement pictures were to be shared to us and how to access the bride site. I was never able to find the site. Later in the year I reached out to her to see if she could do family portraits (my soon to be step daughter was in town). I never heard back from Casey. I was a little concerned with her lack of communication but I had read her reviews on different websites and saw her work on Facebook so I didn't worry too much. What she posted on social media was exactly what I wanted so I let my concerns go. A few months before the wedding I received a questionnaire regarding the day of wedding events. I completed the form to the best of my ability as not all the details had been finalized. Things didn't go as expected on the day of my wedding. As a bride I was overwhelmed with coordinating my family portraits. Casey didn't refer to the list of people that I have provided on the questionnaire. That responsibility fell 100% on me. I feel like I didn't get enough pictures with people on my list. The pictures that we did receive lacked creativity. Editing was on point but that's about it.

Sent on 03/12/2017

Casey Hendrickson Photography's reply:

I would like to state that this bride received the same opportunities as the other brides. In regards to the questionnaire, this is an informative email that gets sent out at least a month prior to couples, and includes both an instructional guide on how to create a family formals list along with a section at the end for any requests. She filled out 7 different shots she wanted, but decided the day of the wedding to add on 53 other combinations. I went down the list I had been given via email. The added 53 shot requests were verbalized that day rather than listed on paper or emailed. Per contract it is the couple's responsibility to inform me of what they want prior to the wedding day. I was unaware that she wanted to have 'creative' family formals since this was not verbalized to me, and did them as I'd do any other wedding. Given the weather conditions of her day, we were confined to a small room in one particular location, which she stated was fine, and creative shots with the large amount of added on requests plus the limited time frame we had made this impossible. At any point, a bride or groom can verbalize any concerns, but none were stated until several months after the wedding. I offered options to remedy her concerns, but these were turned down. As for the response times, I was involved in a car accident prior to her wedding, and this delayed everything with what I do outside of sessions. I emailed all couples this would affect to inform them that it would take a bit longer, and her emails were answered within a few days. We have spoken about her concerns multiple times via email, and all of this was addressed already with her. I do my very best to ensure my couples are taken care of, and am always willing to sit down and talk with them if they would like. Since I never received that request, I believed everything was good to go for the wedding day. I truly hate to hear this is how her day was perceived, and wish her and her family nothing but the best.

Sam · Married on 04/21/2018

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

We purchased a wedding package from Casey Hendrickson photography to shoot both our engagement photos and spring wedding in Charlotte. We were incredibly disappointed in Casey from almost the very beginning. Her communication is severely lacking and we received all sorts of excuses for this throughout the wedding planning process - email issues, traveling, “office hours”.

We thought communication would improve once we got closer to the wedding but her response times and “email policy” still seemed unreasonable in terms of actually being helpful with planning. When we did finally get responses from her, she came across as either too busy or just disinterested in giving us useful feedback about aspects of the wedding related to photography. We were clearly not the only clients who felt this way because she actually sent out an incredibly lengthy email to her clients about how we should be more patient with her response time and returning wedding photos because she was only 1 person running her very busy business. She even said in the email - “I know we live in a world that feeds off of instant gratification, responses, and results, but what I do is art, and that takes time.” You can imagine what it felt like to be a client who had paid thousands of dollars for her services to receive an email like that.

We ended up terminating our contract with Casey right before our wedding (after we had paid in full) and finding a new photographer because trying to deal with her really made planning out the wedding day much more difficult than it needed to be. We had the full support of our wedding coordinators in that decision.

Attempting to work with Casey was frustrating and put a huge damper on our wedding planning process. She takes amazing photographs but her customer service and assistance with planning was a huge disappointment. We loved all of our other wedding vendors and did not experience anything like this with anyone else related to our wedding day.

Sent on 08/25/2018

Casey Hendrickson Photography's reply:

To address your concerns, like most professional businesses, my hours of operation are listed, and those are the hours in which I return e-mails. I do have records to showcase that you did receive responses within 24 hours on nearly every email (which was well within the 2-3 business day time frame which was communicated to you). There was a single time when your email went to spam, and it was missed. As soon as I caught it, I responded immediately to keep communication open and truthful. When we met at our initial consult, you had asked if I knew of any places for you to get ready. I provided you with multiple options, and then resent these two more times when you explained that none of those worked. As a photographer, my job is to photograph your day. I like to help minimally with planning the schedule to ensure operations run smoothly, but beyond that, my job is not to plan where you should stay, help you choose your wedding venue, or arrange photo time in a hotel lobby when they would not allow it. The expectations you had for me were more geared towards the job of a planner, of which I am not. I do believe that I went above and beyond to ensure a beautiful and easy day - calling places, getting permission for you to be there, scoping out your venue ahead of time to ensure you’d get the lighting you hoped for. I created multiple timelines and held meetings with you and your month-of coordinator, but I was often met with haste and unrealistic expectations every step of the way. Despite these hiccups, I was still willing to work with you to ensure your day was nothing short of perfection. When you sent over the email stating you no longer needed my services I reached out to your coordinator and was told that she had not been informed of the concerns and issues you apparently had towards my business. Seeing as communication meant so much, it would have been nice to have had a civil discussion in terms of what your expectations were, and what you truly needed of my services rather than receiving an email stating you were terminating the contract. I pride myself in providing excellent and joyful experiences to all my couples, and hate that your perception of what I offer as a professional photographer isn’t up to your standards. I’m glad you love your images from your friend, and that your day was still captured in a beautiful way.