Carly Marie Events Reviews

Carly Marie Events 6
Carly Marie Events 7

Morgan Kennedy · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Ever!

I knew I wanted to work with Carly even before I was engaged! She knows what she is doing and does it extremely extremely well. She was a true life saver. You might not know it yet, but you need her if you are planning a wedding or event! Even if it’s just for day of coordination or full on planning. We had so much fun working with her!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Kate

Kate B · Married on 08/24/2019

If you want your wedding to be perfect, hire Carly

I cannot say enough good things about Carly and her events team. She is not only a nice person with great taste, she's also so organized and made sure everything went according to plan on our wedding day. I am OCD and had anxiety about being stressed on my wedding day, and she completely took that anxiety away. Cannot recommend enough

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Jason

Jason Smith · Married on 07/20/2019

Carly is awesome!

We worked with Carly to plan our wedding for July 2019. She was awesome from the very first conversation! She is very quick to respond, very nice and very easy to work with. She asked us the first time we sat down to meet her what we wanted our guest experience to be and she delivered exactly what we wanted and more. She made our dream wedding a reality and we are so happy we had the opportunity to work with her. If we had to do it all over again we would pick Carly a million times. Thank you Carly!!!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine Haley · Married on 06/01/2019

You need Carly Marie Events!

I was a bride with a clear vision to say the least. I’m incredibly decisive and having done large scale events myself, I knew exactly what I was looking for in a wedding planner. I wanted someone who was confident, creative, understanding, trustworthy and above all else, would help me bring my wedding dreams to life. Carly was all of that and so much more. She handled everything with so much grace - logistics, vendors, changes, last minute additions. She made it all look so easy and because of that, my fiancé and I were able to be so present and just fully enjoy our wedding weekend. Planning a wedding can be so overwhelming but when you have someone like Carly in your corner, helping you every step of the way, it makes the entire process so enjoyable and you are able to cherish those months leading up to your special day. Whether you know exactly what you want or don’t have a clue where to start, Carly is your person. She is what wedding planner dreams are made of!

Sent on 07/19/2019
    Carly Marie Events 15
  • Gina

Gina Hopkins · Married on 05/18/2019

Carly Is Amazing

I cannot brag on this amazing woman enough. I would consider my experience with Carly nothing short of a blessing. She is talented, organized, creative and a joy to work with. We worked together on my wedding for about a year. She did more for me than I expected her to do. She made planning a large wedding a piece of cake. I would recommend Carly to any bride, because she really is amazing.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Julie Hamrick Greer · Married on 03/30/2019

Carly is Amazing!!

We hired Carly Marie Events as our weekend coordinator for our March, 2019 wedding. Carly was amazing from the get-go. From the moment we met, I knew I wanted Carly as our coordinator. She was so approachable, friendly and so knowledgeable about the wedding industry.

Not going to lie, I just figured I could get someone to tell everyone when to walk down the aisle etc. luckily I was wrong. My venue required that I have a day of coordinator and I was fortunate enough to be referred Carly. You do not realize how much these coordinators do for you on your wedding day and Carly was one of the biggest blessings that weekend.

Carly was so helpful in getting everything organized and all the details taken care of the day of our wedding. She went above and beyond making sure she knew exactly what was needed and making sure the vendors and bridal party knew where to be and when. Her organization really helped to keep us all stress free on our wedding day. I was actually able to enjoy every minute of our day, without having to stop and worry about what was going on or if everything was perfect. I seriously was probably the calmest bride and all of that is due to Carly. When people ask me advice about wedding planning the first thing I now say is hire a coordinator/planner. I have said continuously that hiring Carly was hands down the best decision and money I spent on our entire wedding. Thank you Carly!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Ashley Kate St. John · Married on 11/24/2018

wonderful!

Carly Marie Events was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She was SO helpful and on top of every detail. Our day ran so smoothly because she was so flexible and available when needed.

Sent on 01/17/2019
    Carly Marie Events 16
  • Cait

Cait · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely Amazing

Carly is absolutely the best!!! She made everything so easy and stress free!!! If there was ever anything I needed or had a question about she was on. If your looking a coordinator for your big day , this is your girl!!!

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Misha

Misha · Married on 09/22/2018

Carly = Incredible!!!

Oh where to start! It is true, Carly truly is incredible! She also is prompt, organized, creative, warm, funny, and knows how to throw a party! I am so thankful I hired Carly as our weekend of wedding coordinator. Thanks to her, our wedding went on without a glitch and everything looked perfect! The only thing I would have done differently is hire Carly for a full time coordinator instead of for the 'weekend of'. At first, the planing was really fun, but the month prior to the big day, it was tough for me to struggle my full time job and planning. To those who are on the hunt for a coordinator, I promise you will not be disappointed with this wildly talented woman! Cheers!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Keeley · Married on 09/08/2018

After lots of research in the first month of our engagement, I found Carly’s information as a wedding planner near Winston-Salem where we planned to get married (I live in Charlotte). From the beginning, it was an absolute pleasure to work with Carly. She was very responsive and helped us craft a customized set of services for our wedding day. We met in person only a handful of times but very quickly I knew that she ‘got’ my vision for the design. Along the way she helped me enhance it and, ultimately, bring it to life on our wedding day with our other vendors. As others have said, she has great taste and a killer instinct for impactful details. Fast forward to a few weeks before the wedding and she seamlessly took over our vendor coordination. It was comforting to know that she had everything under control in those last few weeks so that I could enjoy the time and not stress. She did a great job organizing our rehearsal and was just the right amount of friendly and firm about what needed to happen and when. Our wedding day was way better than I had even imagined and I was able to enjoy it all with Carly and her team handling the details and the timeline. I will surely reach out to Carly the next time I need to plan a big event – she is wonderful! I absolutely recommend selecting Carly as your wedding planner.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2018

What would I have done without Carly!?? I honestly don't know! I was so overwhelmed and stressed going into the wedding planning process, but she eased my mind immediately. Her established industry relationships, creativity, and organizational skills made everything so easy..and fun! I recommend her to everyone! She will be as hands-on (or off) as you need her to be. I, admittedly, can be a control freak so she let me be as involved as I wanted, but kept me on track and prioritized, and most importantly, on budget :). She's the definition of GIRL BOSS and wedding planning perfectionist! Any bride would be lucky to work with CME!

Sent on 09/21/2018
    Carly Marie Events 17
    Carly Marie Events 18

McKenzie · Married on 04/21/2018

I don't even know where to begin and how to describe how amazing Carly is. When we first started wedding planning we had a friend who was going to do all the day of organizing and we were going to do everything else ourselves. However; we had to find someone else. I called a number of places but Carly was the first one to get back to me (she was my favorite after reading her profile). Carly and I both have black labs so I loved her as soon as I read that.Once I met with Carly, we hit it off instantly. I felt like she really listened to me and understood what I wanted in our wedding day. At that point in the planning process we already had all the major vendors booked and I pretty much knew how I wanted everything to look but didn't know how to make it happen. She did.
    Carly and I probably met every 1-3 weeks over wine to talk about how things were going. It was always relaxed and she always made me feel really good with where we were. She also always knew where to go next. She was there through it all - putting the center pieces together (I made them myself), decorating, setting up, cleaning up, setting up the timeline, talking to all the vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page (which I would have not been able to do!!), ordering invitations (and organizing RSVPs), setting up how the tables were going to be organized at the reception, and all around just being there when I had a random question at 10:00 pm.
    On the day of when there were issues, she handled them without letting me know what was going on (my groom forgot his shoes!). When there was an issue that I knew about (we had a vendor show up late), she helped handle it, and tried to keep me calm.
    Without her, our wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did. The timeline was perfect, nothing was too rushed, everyone had fun, and the day was 120% perfect. If she was three times as much, I would gladly pay it! Hire her. She is amazing.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Meredith · Married on 02/17/2018

We hired Carly as our day-of coordinator and also hired her to select and mange our rentals... It was the best wedding planning decision we made!! If I could do it again, I would hire Carly for full service planning (Carly has great taste and there is so much more to wedding planning than I ever imagined). I'm especially thankful to Carly for answering my many questions leading up to the wedding, and allowing my Mom and I to relax on my wedding day because we trusted Carly to take care of all the logistics. Carly has great expertise/experience, and as a bonus, is really fun to work with :)

Sent on 05/20/2018

Emily · Married on 10/28/2017

When we first started planning we thought we could do it all ourselves… and we were so wrong! The deeper you get into wedding planning, the more you realize how many details and decisions go into making the best day ever, well, the best day ever! After coming to this realization (probably over a bottle of wine), my fiancé & I decided to hire a planner.

When I first met with Carly we immediately hit it off. She was so personable, very knowledgeable & you could tell she was SO passionate about her job. I didn't even need to talk to anyone else after meeting with her-- I knew I wanted her to be the one to help plan our day. I can say without a doubt that was one of the best decisions we made throughout the planning process.

I had a strong vision and knew what I wanted but our planner, Carly, really helped execute it. Nick and I both knew we wanted to still be hands on with aspects of our wedding and Carly 100% let us do that! She not only did a wonderful job of understanding our vision, but she provided knowledgeable tips and advice anytime we were feeling unsure or overwhelmed.

Carly Abernathy was such an integral part of our wedding and it truly showed with how smooth our wedding day went. Nick and I were able to fully enjoy our day without a single worry. Our entire day was organized, flowed well, and everything went off without a hitch thanks to Carly! One special moment from our wedding day was us seeing our reception set up for the first time with our photographers and videographers while everyone was at cocktail hour. I was immediately brought to tears because Carly had executed everything flawlessly and it was everything we had envisioned and more.

If you're not sure if a wedding planner or partial planner is worth it, stop thinking & hire Carly immediately! I promise you won't regret it!!!

Sent on 01/10/2018
    Carly Marie Events 26
    Carly Marie Events 27
    Carly Marie Events 28

Pam · Married on 10/14/2017

We thought we could do everything, ourselves... and we were well into the planning process when we realized that we were "out of our league"!! EVERY bride needs a planner!!! There is entirely too much to plan, coordinate and organize, without a planner! Carly Abernathy gets a "100 ++++ rating from us!!! All of our guests agreed that things flowed perfectly, and that no one "missed a beat"! Carly was very professional, kind and compassionate to/with everyone!!! We would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who is trying to plan, organize and execute a flawless and perfect day to remember!!! She is definitely "TOP NOTCH"!!!! Pam White and Courtney Charles Lowrance

Sent on 10/17/2017

Logan · Married on 09/30/2017

Carly was an absolute dream to work with. We planned our North Carolina wedding from New York City, where we live, and Carly helped to make the long distance planning process so effortless for us. We shared our vision with Carly and she brought all of our wishes to life. This included a new style of wedding that many of our NC vendors had not heard of. It was important to us to have a "New York Style" wedding where dancing and eating were intermixed. Carly worked with us to make this happen and executed our New York style wedding flawlessly! Carly went above and beyond by personally going to our rental company, taking photos of linens, plates, and flatware, and sending us the photos so that we could choose the best pieces for our wedding. When we changed our table sizes and shapes at the last minute Carly coordinated with our rental company directly to pick out additional linens for our tables. Carly was the bridge between us and all of our vendors, from our florist, to our caterer and even our venue. Carly took the time to have weekly calls with us and was in constant communication with us, always available to answer questions or to put us at ease when planning would become stressful. She created our wedding day timeline and worked with us to ensure that we had time for everything we wanted on our wedding day. Carly even helped us pick out and order our place cards, shipping them to her home so that we would not have to worry about getting them to our venue. Carly also designed, and printed the menu for our plated dinner.

We would recommend Carly to any couple. Carly took control and made sure that everything was perfect on our wedding day. Carly even bustled my wedding dress after we took our couple photos before making our entrance as husband and wife. Carly is confident and helped us to make decisions and we completely trusted her throughout our planning process and on our big day.

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Carly Marie Events 29
    Carly Marie Events 30
    Carly Marie Events 31
    Carly Marie Events 32

Elizabeth · Married on 09/16/2017

Carly was incredible. During planning, Carly was basically an extension of me. She knew exactly what I wanted before I even knew. She took the stress out of planning. I can honestly say having Carly as a planner was the best investment. She knows how to make events look effortless and flawless.

The day of my husband and I were able to enjoy the day without having to worry about a thing. Our wedding was amazing and I credit it all to Carly. We had so many compliments on the wedding. How beautiful and how everyone had an all around amazing time. Not only it was did we find an amazing planner but definitely a life long friend!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Judy · Married on 09/16/2017

If you are looking for a wedding planner, look no further! Carly takes all of your worries away & if you start to worry then she quickly calms you down. She is very professional & worked well with all the vendors. You will soon find that you have a new friend! Thanks Carly for help making Liz & Mike's day extra special! ??

Sent on 09/18/2017
  • X

Xinyu · Married on 03/25/2017

If you are nervous and you only have a short time period to plan your wedding, Carly will be the perfect choice for you to be your wedding planner. She is very enthusiastic and professional! She is also very very efficient on planning the wedding details and very quickly on responding emails and phone calls. She would be even more perfect if she has more time to plan your wedding, because for our wedding, she only has less than two weeks and she has to start from zero. Overall, she is a perfect wedding planner.

Sent on 03/27/2017

Caroline · Married on 10/11/2014

Working with Carly Marie Events was one of the best decisions I made while planning our wedding! I had a very particular vision, and Carly was excellent at guiding me through the process of making it happen. She truly thought of everything, and I felt so much better going into the Big Day knowing every last detail had been taken care of. I can't say enough about how attentive and organized she was. Carly is the best!

Sent on 03/28/2017

Abby · Married on 06/28/2014

Carly is the best! She made our wedding day stress free, beautiful, and exactly what we wanted! Her willingness to go above and beyond for our special day made our experience with her wonderful. I highly recommend hiring Carly to plan any special event!

Sent on 03/28/2017