Carly Marie Events Reviews

33 | Summerfield, NC

33 Reviews for Carly Marie Events

Kate E. · Married on 10/24/2020

Made our planning and wedding day seamless and stress-free

Booking Carly was one of the best wedding decisions we made. She was quick to respond to our many questions and made us feel at ease about our plans. Our wedding was in the midst of the pandemic, so Carly helped us navigate all of the issues we faced with that, and we pulled off the most PERFECT wedding. It was better than we could have expected! On the wedding day we did not have to worry about a single thing because Carly and Penn had everything taken care of so we could enjoy our day (they also did a great job of calming nerves before we walked down the aisle). We seriously do not know what we would have done without Carly and I would 100000% recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/12/2020
  • Jordan

Jordan G. · Married on 10/03/2020

The best in the business!

I am so lucky to have found Carly Marie Events for my wedding! Carly & Penn are such a great team and a dynamic duo in the event planning business around the Triad. Penn was assigned as my planner & coordinator, and she was absolutely amazing. From the initial meet & greet over a glass of wine, to periodic check-ins or meetings with vendors, she went above and beyond. They helped me bring my vision to life - from the color palette to florals to rentals & more! Planning a wedding during a pandemic was unpredictable and ever-changing, but they were along with me and my now husband every step of the way. Penn was always a text or phone call away to offer her advice and guidance, and checked in with me often to keep me on top of everything! I seriously couldn’t have done it without her. I am a “big picture” person with a type-B personality, so I knew a wedding planner would be an absolute priority in my wedding budget. Little did I know how much of an impact they would have on the whole experience along the way! Because of COVID-19, we ended up having to make drastic changes last minute just weeks before. We had to change the reception venue, flowers, and ultimately scale back entirely to a small family-only wedding with a dinner reception. After 9 months of planning, we had to go back to the drawing board. Penn & Carly were the perfect people to step in and tackle the challenge, as well as give sound advice to what could have been a panicky situation. Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful and perfect in every way, and Penn made sure that it was just that! She was incredible on so many levels, making sure our day went off without a hitch. We are having our large reception in September 2021 (around our 1-year anniversary), and can’t wait to work with them again to make it the perfect party!

Sent on 01/11/2021
  • Tori

Tori A. · Married on 07/25/2020

Amazing Experience!

Hiring Carly was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding. She is so thorough and organized, she thought of things I never could have on my own. She was initially very helpful and then a pandemic happened and I cannot tell you how to thankful we were for her during that time. Postponing a wedding is not an easy thing to do but she did it with such ease. She helped me through the whole process to where we were able to have the most perfect day months after it was originally scheduled for. She was there for us the day of the wedding from the time I stepped out of the car at the venue until we left that night. I had ZERO worries on the wedding day because I knew she was taking care of everything. So many people commented on how smoothly our day went and for that alone I am so thankful. Penn and Carly were so amazing to work with throughout our whole journey and I cannot recommend them enough.

Sent on 11/13/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren S. · Married on 05/08/2020

Best Wedding Decision I Made!

Working with Carly Marie Events was one of the best wedding decisions I made! Because of Carly and her teammate, Penn, I was able to go into my wedding day without a worry. This made all the difference because I knew they were going to take care of all the details. It was a huge blessing for my family to not have to setup or cleanup all the decor and details we had planned. They truly take care of it all!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren M. · Married on 05/02/2020

Prompt. Detailed. Reliable. AMAZING!

Where do I even begin? Carly was everything we wanted and more. Through not only the stress of planning a wedding but then throwing a pandemic in the mix, stress was through the roof. Carly handled every detail with ease and made my day just perfect given the circumstances. My husband and I look forward to using her next year for our "round two" portion of the wedding. I highly recommend her team, you will not be disappointed!

Look no further, Carly is the BEST!

Sent on 11/12/2020

Blush B. · Married on 01/01/2020

You will instantly love her

The biggest piece of advice we offer brides is hire a planner. The second is hire Carly to be your planner. Detailed and organized, Carly and her team will have problems solved before you even knew they existed, anticipates all needs, and keeps a wedding running smoothly.

You will not be disappointed! Hire her now and enjoy the planning process.

Sent on 03/31/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/19/2019

Carly Marie Events

There are no words to describe the value that Carly and her team bring. She was always ten steps ahead, answered questions before we even knew we had them, and when it POURED on our outdoor/tented wedding day she and her team showed up with all smiles and rain boots and worked their magic.
    As a OCD/control freak one of my biggest concerns was being able to let go and just enjoy the day, and that’s exactly what Carly allowed me to do. On day one she asked “what’s your vision?”, and then made it happen. From the flowers, to decor, to bridesmaids dress color - she was there to either help or totally take it off my hands if that’s what I preferred. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/01/2021

Allison C. · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful experience!!

Penn was amazing! I was so thankful to have her there, and she made the wedding experience easy and stress free!

Sent on 10/26/2019

Morgan K. · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Ever!

I knew I wanted to work with Carly even before I was engaged! She knows what she is doing and does it extremely extremely well. She was a true life saver. You might not know it yet, but you need her if you are planning a wedding or event! Even if it’s just for day of coordination or full on planning. We had so much fun working with her!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Hollis H. · Married on 09/28/2019

Experts in wedding planning

My wedding day was perfect thanks to Penn!! She was on top of all the things you don’t have time to think about weeks before the wedding. She went above and beyond to make sure I had the best day ever. Penn is very sweet and truly cared about my wedding.

Sent on 11/03/2019

Ashley · Married on 09/21/2019

Best wedding planner ever

Carly is seriously the best wedding planner ever! I highly recommend her and her services. She takes a lot of stress off of brides who have no idea how the process works from keeping track of our rsvps to the smallest details in design. She is very personal as well, I had days were I stressed and she would just meet me to relive it and we wouldn’t even wedding plan. She is there for her brides no matter what’s going on in her day or life. I’m so grateful for Carly and her services!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 08/24/2019

If you want your wedding to be perfect, hire Carly

I cannot say enough good things about Carly and her events team. She is not only a nice person with great taste, she's also so organized and made sure everything went according to plan on our wedding day. I am OCD and had anxiety about being stressed on my wedding day, and she completely took that anxiety away. Cannot recommend enough

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Jason

Jason S. · Married on 07/20/2019

Carly is awesome!

We worked with Carly to plan our wedding for July 2019. She was awesome from the very first conversation! She is very quick to respond, very nice and very easy to work with. She asked us the first time we sat down to meet her what we wanted our guest experience to be and she delivered exactly what we wanted and more. She made our dream wedding a reality and we are so happy we had the opportunity to work with her. If we had to do it all over again we would pick Carly a million times. Thank you Carly!!!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine H. · Married on 06/01/2019

You need Carly Marie Events!

I was a bride with a clear vision to say the least. I’m incredibly decisive and having done large scale events myself, I knew exactly what I was looking for in a wedding planner. I wanted someone who was confident, creative, understanding, trustworthy and above all else, would help me bring my wedding dreams to life. Carly was all of that and so much more. She handled everything with so much grace - logistics, vendors, changes, last minute additions. She made it all look so easy and because of that, my fiancé and I were able to be so present and just fully enjoy our wedding weekend. Planning a wedding can be so overwhelming but when you have someone like Carly in your corner, helping you every step of the way, it makes the entire process so enjoyable and you are able to cherish those months leading up to your special day. Whether you know exactly what you want or don’t have a clue where to start, Carly is your person. She is what wedding planner dreams are made of!

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Gina

Gina H. · Married on 05/18/2019

Carly Is Amazing

I cannot brag on this amazing woman enough. I would consider my experience with Carly nothing short of a blessing. She is talented, organized, creative and a joy to work with. We worked together on my wedding for about a year. She did more for me than I expected her to do. She made planning a large wedding a piece of cake. I would recommend Carly to any bride, because she really is amazing.

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • marthahoneycutt

Martha · Married on 04/19/2019

The Best Decision We Made! Our Wedding Lifesaver.

A well overdue but completely necessary THANK YOU!
    When it came time to plan our wedding, I searched high and low for a Event Planner who could help our wedding dreams come true. I stumbled upon Carly, who came highly recommended for good reason, as she was certainly the best decision I made throughout the process. Carly was a fabulous coordinator who excelled our expectations by meeting with us multiple times, helping us fulfill our vision at rental companies, communicating with vendors, designing and decorating our space, etc. - overall easing our minds and aiding in a perfect evening. Our wedding day brought about unexpected wild storms with wind, rain, downed trees, power loss and more. She and Penn handled the situation with grace, ensuring all of the details were nothing short of perfect in the midst of the chaos - ultimately allowing our wedding to go on with the help of a generator. Our wedding was simply beautiful after all. Looking back I can't imagine how it would have been without her. I was supremely grateful for her presence and help in the midst of it all. If you hire Carly, she leaves no stone unturned. You won't regret it, I assure you. You'd be lucky to have her!

Sent on 04/13/2020

Julie H. · Married on 03/30/2019

Carly is Amazing!!

We hired Carly Marie Events as our weekend coordinator for our March, 2019 wedding. Carly was amazing from the get-go. From the moment we met, I knew I wanted Carly as our coordinator. She was so approachable, friendly and so knowledgeable about the wedding industry.

Not going to lie, I just figured I could get someone to tell everyone when to walk down the aisle etc. luckily I was wrong. My venue required that I have a day of coordinator and I was fortunate enough to be referred Carly. You do not realize how much these coordinators do for you on your wedding day and Carly was one of the biggest blessings that weekend.

Carly was so helpful in getting everything organized and all the details taken care of the day of our wedding. She went above and beyond making sure she knew exactly what was needed and making sure the vendors and bridal party knew where to be and when. Her organization really helped to keep us all stress free on our wedding day. I was actually able to enjoy every minute of our day, without having to stop and worry about what was going on or if everything was perfect. I seriously was probably the calmest bride and all of that is due to Carly. When people ask me advice about wedding planning the first thing I now say is hire a coordinator/planner. I have said continuously that hiring Carly was hands down the best decision and money I spent on our entire wedding. Thank you Carly!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Ashley K. · Married on 11/24/2018

wonderful!

Carly Marie Events was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She was SO helpful and on top of every detail. Our day ran so smoothly because she was so flexible and available when needed.

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Cait

Cait · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely Amazing

Carly is absolutely the best!!! She made everything so easy and stress free!!! If there was ever anything I needed or had a question about she was on. If your looking a coordinator for your big day , this is your girl!!!

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Misha

Misha · Married on 09/22/2018

Carly = Incredible!!!

Oh where to start! It is true, Carly truly is incredible! She also is prompt, organized, creative, warm, funny, and knows how to throw a party! I am so thankful I hired Carly as our weekend of wedding coordinator. Thanks to her, our wedding went on without a glitch and everything looked perfect! The only thing I would have done differently is hire Carly for a full time coordinator instead of for the 'weekend of'. At first, the planing was really fun, but the month prior to the big day, it was tough for me to struggle my full time job and planning. To those who are on the hunt for a coordinator, I promise you will not be disappointed with this wildly talented woman! Cheers!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Keeley · Married on 09/08/2018

After lots of research in the first month of our engagement, I found Carly’s information as a wedding planner near Winston-Salem where we planned to get married (I live in Charlotte). From the beginning, it was an absolute pleasure to work with Carly. She was very responsive and helped us craft a customized set of services for our wedding day. We met in person only a handful of times but very quickly I knew that she ‘got’ my vision for the design. Along the way she helped me enhance it and, ultimately, bring it to life on our wedding day with our other vendors. As others have said, she has great taste and a killer instinct for impactful details. Fast forward to a few weeks before the wedding and she seamlessly took over our vendor coordination. It was comforting to know that she had everything under control in those last few weeks so that I could enjoy the time and not stress. She did a great job organizing our rehearsal and was just the right amount of friendly and firm about what needed to happen and when. Our wedding day was way better than I had even imagined and I was able to enjoy it all with Carly and her team handling the details and the timeline. I will surely reach out to Carly the next time I need to plan a big event – she is wonderful! I absolutely recommend selecting Carly as your wedding planner.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2018

What would I have done without Carly!?? I honestly don't know! I was so overwhelmed and stressed going into the wedding planning process, but she eased my mind immediately. Her established industry relationships, creativity, and organizational skills made everything so easy..and fun! I recommend her to everyone! She will be as hands-on (or off) as you need her to be. I, admittedly, can be a control freak so she let me be as involved as I wanted, but kept me on track and prioritized, and most importantly, on budget :). She's the definition of GIRL BOSS and wedding planning perfectionist! Any bride would be lucky to work with CME!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Mckenzie · Married on 04/21/2018

I don't even know where to begin and how to describe how amazing Carly is. When we first started wedding planning we had a friend who was going to do all the day of organizing and we were going to do everything else ourselves. However; we had to find someone else. I called a number of places but Carly was the first one to get back to me (she was my favorite after reading her profile). Carly and I both have black labs so I loved her as soon as I read that.Once I met with Carly, we hit it off instantly. I felt like she really listened to me and understood what I wanted in our wedding day. At that point in the planning process we already had all the major vendors booked and I pretty much knew how I wanted everything to look but didn't know how to make it happen. She did.
    Carly and I probably met every 1-3 weeks over wine to talk about how things were going. It was always relaxed and she always made me feel really good with where we were. She also always knew where to go next. She was there through it all - putting the center pieces together (I made them myself), decorating, setting up, cleaning up, setting up the timeline, talking to all the vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page (which I would have not been able to do!!), ordering invitations (and organizing RSVPs), setting up how the tables were going to be organized at the reception, and all around just being there when I had a random question at 10:00 pm.
    On the day of when there were issues, she handled them without letting me know what was going on (my groom forgot his shoes!). When there was an issue that I knew about (we had a vendor show up late), she helped handle it, and tried to keep me calm.
    Without her, our wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did. The timeline was perfect, nothing was too rushed, everyone had fun, and the day was 120% perfect. If she was three times as much, I would gladly pay it! Hire her. She is amazing.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Meredith · Married on 02/17/2018

We hired Carly as our day-of coordinator and also hired her to select and mange our rentals... It was the best wedding planning decision we made!! If I could do it again, I would hire Carly for full service planning (Carly has great taste and there is so much more to wedding planning than I ever imagined). I'm especially thankful to Carly for answering my many questions leading up to the wedding, and allowing my Mom and I to relax on my wedding day because we trusted Carly to take care of all the logistics. Carly has great expertise/experience, and as a bonus, is really fun to work with :)

Sent on 05/20/2018

Emily · Married on 10/28/2017

When we first started planning we thought we could do it all ourselves… and we were so wrong! The deeper you get into wedding planning, the more you realize how many details and decisions go into making the best day ever, well, the best day ever! After coming to this realization (probably over a bottle of wine), my fiancé & I decided to hire a planner.

When I first met with Carly we immediately hit it off. She was so personable, very knowledgeable & you could tell she was SO passionate about her job. I didn't even need to talk to anyone else after meeting with her-- I knew I wanted her to be the one to help plan our day. I can say without a doubt that was one of the best decisions we made throughout the planning process.

I had a strong vision and knew what I wanted but our planner, Carly, really helped execute it. Nick and I both knew we wanted to still be hands on with aspects of our wedding and Carly 100% let us do that! She not only did a wonderful job of understanding our vision, but she provided knowledgeable tips and advice anytime we were feeling unsure or overwhelmed.

Carly Abernathy was such an integral part of our wedding and it truly showed with how smooth our wedding day went. Nick and I were able to fully enjoy our day without a single worry. Our entire day was organized, flowed well, and everything went off without a hitch thanks to Carly! One special moment from our wedding day was us seeing our reception set up for the first time with our photographers and videographers while everyone was at cocktail hour. I was immediately brought to tears because Carly had executed everything flawlessly and it was everything we had envisioned and more.

If you're not sure if a wedding planner or partial planner is worth it, stop thinking & hire Carly immediately! I promise you won't regret it!!!

Sent on 01/10/2018