Carla Pressley Reviews

Carla Pressley 5
Carla Pressley 6
Carla Pressley 7

Jessica · Getting married on 01/03/2020

As a wedding planner, I am THRILLED when I work with vendors that are amazing. Carla Pressley is one of them! Recently, I had an opportunity to work with Carla at a wedding in Leesburg, Va. I'd seen examples of Carla's work on social media and her website. I knew she was talented. However, when I finally had the privilege of seeing her work in person, I was blown away! Carla is the MUA and stylist you MUST have on your wedding day. She's punctual, thorough, professional, creative, and just a delight to be around! I can't wait to work with her again! Carla, thank you for making my job easier by being so awesome!

Sent on 03/02/2018

Karlyn · Married on 08/31/2019

Simply the best!

I've known Carla for years so when I got engaged I knew exactly who was going to do my hair and make up for my wedding day. Carla and her team are the calm you need in an often hectic bridal suite. She took the time to make sure me and my entire bride tribe including our moms and flower girl looked their absolute best. The weather on my day was perfect (though a little hot in the sun). Carla was right there with an umbrella to shield my sensitive skin from the rays. She thinks of everything!!! I was so happy to have Carla around for touch-ups throughout first looks and the pre-ceremony bridal party pictures. She also stuck around for post-ceremony touch-ups to make sure my lipstick was in place and my eye make up was unphased by the happy tears! I highly recommend Carla and her team for all your hair and makeup needs for your big day!!!

Sent on 09/07/2019
    Carla Pressley 8
    Carla Pressley 9
    Carla Pressley 10
    Carla Pressley 11
    Carla Pressley 12

Kimberly James · Married on 08/18/2019

Best hairdresser!

Carla was a joy to work with! She was very organized and professional. All of the hair turned out exactly like the inspiration photos and everyone was beautiful!

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Carla Pressley 13
    Carla Pressley 14
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/17/2019

Carla is a genius

I cannot express how beautiful I felt on my wedding day thanks for Carla and her team! Everything looked flawless from hair to makeup. I had her stay through my cocktail hour and changed my hair from down to up for the party, which turned out great. She's very professional and made the day very calming whenever I felt anxious. She also did a wonderful job on my bridesmaid and mom / mother in law's hair. Cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Bradley

Bradley Bobrow · Married on 08/10/2019

BEST HMU in DMV - no doubt

From the start Carla and her team extremely responsive, flexible and easy to work with. Leading up to the wedding I had many back and forth changes with indecisive bridesmaids and family members. Carla and her team were extremely flexible and made it super super easy. Every single woman in my 22 person bridal party LOVED BOTH hair and makeup. I had girls that were very picky/skeptical about both hair and make up and they were blown away. She was able to cater to all different ages, hair, and skin tones. Her team was efficient, prepared, and professional. So thankful for Carla and her team. HIGHLY recommend!! (-Erika Bobrow)

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Carla Pressley 15

Elaine · Married on 06/29/2019

Loved Working with Carla

It was wonderful working with Carla and her team. All were professional and caring and everyone in the bridal party felt special and beautiful on Caitlin's wedding day. Everyone looked very natural as well.

Sent on 08/24/2019
    Carla Pressley 16
  • Anna

Anna Maria · Married on 06/24/2019

Beautiful work and top quality service!

Carla did an absolutely exquisite job on my hair and makeup. She really listened to my vision and executed it exceptionally. She was kind, responsive, and flexible! She also did the hair and makeup for two of my bridesmaids - and was able to accomodate all of our varying skin tones and hair types :) couldn't recommend her more. Thanks Carla!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/15/2019

Carla is amazing!

I began my search for a hair and makeup artist over 6 months before our July 5th wedding. We planned our wedding long distance so I spent quite a lot of time reading reviews and looking at portfolios of work. Carla stood out to me, she had nothing but amazing reviews and her body of work was stunning. When I scheduled my hair and makeup trial, she was so prompt in reaching out to me and sent a very detailed questionnaire. We spend over three hours together during my trial and tried about every hair style on Pintrest that I could find! I loved all of them so much I couldn't bring myself to make a decision. Between my wedding party and family we had a total of 11 ladies having hair and makeup done. Carla was perfectly punctual on the big day and brought more than enough help to finish everyone on time. Everyone was so happy with their hair and makeup, Carla did an amazing job bringing to life each ladies vision including mine. Overall I couldn't of asked for a more wonderful experience, Carla is a true professional and is a master at her craft. I highly recommend her services to any bride who wants to look flawless on their wedding day.

Sent on 08/12/2019

Jehan Khaleeli · Married on 06/14/2019

The best hair and makeup stylist around

Carla is wonderful, she did my hair and makeup for my wedding. She is super talented, patient, and just a pleasure to be around! I would recommend her without a second thought

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Experience! Hire Carla!!

Carla did any amazing job with both hair and makeup for my wedding day in June. She has such a calming and positive attitude that really set the tone for the entire day. She carefully listened to everyone's preferences and looked at inspiration pictures to get an idea of what each person was envisioning for their look. She did an amazing job on my entire bridal party and my mom (who had never had professional makeup before). Everyone said that it was the best professional hair/makeup experience they had ever had for a wedding/event. I would highly recommend Carla to anyone looking for hair/makeup services for their wedding day!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/31/2019

Thank you thank you!

Carla was fantastic to work with! She was so helpful during my hair and makeup trial and so flexible with timing on our wedding day. My whole bridal party looked stunning and I felt beautiful on my big day. Couldn't ask for a more professional, kind and positive person to work with.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Margarita · Married on 12/31/2018

Natural and Beautiful!

Carla is the perfect hair and make-up artist to have on your big day. She has such a relaxed, calming presence, and makes you feel (and look) beautiful. She knows exactly what looks good, but will also work with you to get your ideal bridal look. Carla and her team are amazing. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Maggie · Married on 11/10/2018

So happy I was able to hire Carla!

Carla is fantastic! I was lucky to meet her in the year leading up to my wedding. At first it looked like she might not be available for my wedding date, but she did a makeup/hair trial for me anyway. Fortunately, her calendar cleared up for the weekend of my wedding and I was able to hire her to do my makeup and the hair and makeup of my bridal party. My makeup looked amazing and I felt so beautiful. She had a fantastic report with my 5-year-old niece, who doesn't often sit still. Everyone looked so beautiful and we had a great time spending the morning with Carla. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a kind and talented hair and makeup artist!

Sent on 01/14/2019
    Carla Pressley 17
    Carla Pressley 18
    Carla Pressley 19
    Carla Pressley 20
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Koons · Married on 10/27/2018

Fabulous Talent

Carla did our wedding day hair and makeup, she is so talented, so easy to work with and patient. She made us feel beautiful.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Caroline · Married on 09/22/2018

We hired Carla to do hair and make-up for my bridal party and me on my wedding day and could not be happier with her! During the trial she understood exactly what look I was going for and was very patient as we tried out different styles. Everyone commented at the wedding on how gorgeous the bridesmaids, MOB and me looked thanks to her! Everyone looked naturally gorgeous and one of my bridesmaids loved Carla so much that she hired her for her own wedding. Carla and her team were very detailed but efficient, making sure our large bridal party was ready on time. She even followed us around during photos and stayed through cocktail hour to do touch-ups and make sure that our pictures turned out perfect. She is wonderful to work with and truly so talented! I highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Tamara · Married on 09/08/2018

One of the best decisions I made for my wedding!

Carla is extraordinary! I hired her for my early September wedding to prepare me, my bridesmaids and a few family members. First, I'll say that she is a lovely person - starting at the trial, she was just really wonderful to get to know - interesting and interested in the world. Second, her hair and makeup skills are amazing. I wasn't totally sure what I wanted, but she worked with me to find the style that I loved. She also made recommendations that were really great! Everyone that got their hair and make-up done with her loved the outcome. Third, she is also easy to work with - she's punctual, responsive and is able to manage the getting ready process smoothly. She was very clear on timeline and even told everyone to start getting dressed when it was getting close to the time to leave (all while still doing hair/make-up). Hire her! Her services are not inexpensive, but the value in the end is amazing. You want someone you love getting you ready for your big day!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Emily · Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing Hair and Make-up combined

I can't recommend Carla enough! She did hair and make-up at a wedding that I was a bridesmaid in. I loved how I looked so much, that I hired her for my own wedding! Obviously on your wedding day people say you look good, but I can't tell you how many compliments I got at my friend's wedding. It also made it super easy for my own wedding to just hire "one company" to do both hair and make-up. I'm not very girly or into wearing a lot of make-up, but Carla listened to what I wanted and helped to keep everything very simplistic while still making me look amazing and glam. She also came to my venue during pictures because it was extremely hot that day and everyone was sweating! She helped fix me and my bridesmaids up during pictures and right before the ceremony which was a lifesaver because it was a hot!

Sent on 03/23/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/12/2018

Carla was wonderful! She is skilled and professional, and she made me look and feel incredible on my wedding day. She listened to what I wanted, offered great advice, and did an awesome job capturing the look I was going for. We never felt rushed -- she really took the time to make sure our hair/makeup looked just right. She's also just a blast to hang out with. I would book her again in a heartbeat. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Carla Pressley 21
    Carla Pressley 22
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2018

Friendly and Professional

My wedding was August 2018 and I hired Carla to do hair for my bridal party, as well as make up for my mom. I came to her home for a trial, and I immediately felt welcomed and relaxed. She was a great listener and very honest when she shared her thoughts on the look I wanted! I could tell she cared a lot about her clients feeling comfortable, and I really appreciated that. I had a large bridal party (she had to style 6 girls including me) and an early ceremony to get to, but she was great at easing my stress and letting me know exactly how much time she'd need for each girl. Everyone's hair turned out beautiful and simple (just how we wanted it), and my mom's make up was perfect. My mom doesn't like heavy make up at all, and we just wanted her natural features to be accentuated- which is exactly what Carla did. I would certainly recommend her for your event! Attached photos are taken by Harmony in Happenstance.

Sent on 10/28/2018
    Carla Pressley 23
    Carla Pressley 24
    Carla Pressley 25

Taylor · Married on 04/28/2018

Carla is AMAZING! She is incredibly responsive, easy going and professional. She really listens to your vision and works with you to perfect it. She even gets you outside of your comfort zone (hello, bold lip) to find the perfect look for your wedding day. She was able to save us in a tight situation (hair dresser backed out) and do our hair as well, and bring along the perfect assistant. I was so thrilled with how everything turned out. She even had us running AHEAD of schedule. I need an excuse to get glammed up again and you bet I would call Carla first!!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Susan · Married on 04/15/2018

Carla did updos, blow-outs and make-up for my daughter's recent wedding. When we met Carla for the trial, we both knew that we had picked the right person. She was attentive to what my daughter wanted. She even fixed her curled her hair before we left because she and her fiance were meeting the photographer that day for engagement pictures. All of the bridesmaids loved their updo. Carla did make for the bride, MOH, MOB and GMOB. We all looked great! She did blow-outs for MOB and GMOB. She came to the venue and did make-up touch-up for everyone, even the ones that did not have her do their make-up, before the ceremony. Everyone loved working with her. She was great!

Susan (MOB) 4/19/2018

Sent on 04/18/2018

Megan · Married on 03/24/2018

Carla stepped in late in my planning after I wasn’t satisfied with my first person. My hair is difficult to style and she did an amazing job. She listened to what I wanted and made adjustments to make me love it! She did my mother and step-daughters hair as well and it looked fabulous. We got so many compliments on all of our hair and makeup!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Stephanie · Married on 02/24/2018

I hired Carla to do hair and make up for my daughter's wedding. Carla was fantastic, an absolute pleasure to work with! She was responsible for the bride, mother of the bride, and the maid of honor. She performed several trials before the big day to make sure everything would be perfect. She took notes and pictures at the trial, and listened carefully to what we wanted, making changes as necessary. On the day of the wedding, she worked tirelessly without a break for many hours to make sure we all looked our best. She is fun, personable, efficient and very professional. She is a master at her craft! Hair and make-up for the three of us lasted all afternoon through pictures and all night long until the end of the wedding. Never a touch-up even needed! We got a lot of compliments at the wedding, and I don't hesitate to recommend Carla very highly. Her prices are reasonable and she welcome to your house or venue to do her work. Will definitely use her again when the need arises. Thanks, Carla!

Sent on 03/21/2018
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 02/24/2018

I cannot possibly say enough good things about Carla. After a couple of hair and makeup trials that went rather poorly, Carla really hit it out of the park from day one. She was super responsive to emails and even texts messages. She was receptive to what I wanted and made suggestions to tweak it to what would look best with my skin and hair, and what would last the longest throughout the day. I met with her for two trials to really nail down what I wanted, as I'm kind of picky when it comes to makeup, and on the day of she really delivered. I got hair and makeup done for myself, my mom, and my maid of honor, and we all got so many compliments on how beautiful we looked. Carla is a superstar and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 04/28/2018

Jamie · Married on 11/11/2017

I'm so glad I found Carla for my upcoming wedding next year. She was reasonably priced compared to other artists that I looked at and she does both hair AND make-up. Carla came out to my house for my trial and I am so happy with the results. She listens to you and makes sure you are getting exactly what you want for your look. I definitely recommend Carla for anyone looking for hair, make-up or both services for your upcoming wedding.

Sent on 11/07/2016