Carla Pressley Reviews

Carla Pressley 5
Carla Pressley 6
Carla Pressley 7

Jessica · Getting married on 01/03/2020

As a wedding planner, I am THRILLED when I work with vendors that are amazing. Carla Pressley is one of them! Recently, I had an opportunity to work with Carla at a wedding in Leesburg, Va. I'd seen examples of Carla's work on social media and her website. I knew she was talented. However, when I finally had the privilege of seeing her work in person, I was blown away! Carla is the MUA and stylist you MUST have on your wedding day. She's punctual, thorough, professional, creative, and just a delight to be around! I can't wait to work with her again! Carla, thank you for making my job easier by being so awesome!

• Stephanie

Stephanie Koons · Married on 10/27/2018

Fabulous Talent

Carla did our wedding day hair and makeup, she is so talented, so easy to work with and patient. She made us feel beautiful.

Caroline · Married on 09/22/2018

We hired Carla to do hair and make-up for my bridal party and me on my wedding day and could not be happier with her! During the trial she understood exactly what look I was going for and was very patient as we tried out different styles. Everyone commented at the wedding on how gorgeous the bridesmaids, MOB and me looked thanks to her! Everyone looked naturally gorgeous and one of my bridesmaids loved Carla so much that she hired her for her own wedding. Carla and her team were very detailed but efficient, making sure our large bridal party was ready on time. She even followed us around during photos and stayed through cocktail hour to do touch-ups and make sure that our pictures turned out perfect. She is wonderful to work with and truly so talented! I highly recommend her to any bride!

Tamara · Married on 09/08/2018

One of the best decisions I made for my wedding!

Carla is extraordinary! I hired her for my early September wedding to prepare me, my bridesmaids and a few family members. First, I'll say that she is a lovely person - starting at the trial, she was just really wonderful to get to know - interesting and interested in the world. Second, her hair and makeup skills are amazing. I wasn't totally sure what I wanted, but she worked with me to find the style that I loved. She also made recommendations that were really great! Everyone that got their hair and make-up done with her loved the outcome. Third, she is also easy to work with - she's punctual, responsive and is able to manage the getting ready process smoothly. She was very clear on timeline and even told everyone to start getting dressed when it was getting close to the time to leave (all while still doing hair/make-up). Hire her! Her services are not inexpensive, but the value in the end is amazing. You want someone you love getting you ready for your big day!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 08/12/2018

Carla was wonderful! She is skilled and professional, and she made me look and feel incredible on my wedding day. She listened to what I wanted, offered great advice, and did an awesome job capturing the look I was going for. We never felt rushed -- she really took the time to make sure our hair/makeup looked just right. She's also just a blast to hang out with. I would book her again in a heartbeat. Definitely recommend!

Carla Pressley 8
    Carla Pressley 9
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2018

Friendly and Professional

My wedding was August 2018 and I hired Carla to do hair for my bridal party, as well as make up for my mom. I came to her home for a trial, and I immediately felt welcomed and relaxed. She was a great listener and very honest when she shared her thoughts on the look I wanted! I could tell she cared a lot about her clients feeling comfortable, and I really appreciated that. I had a large bridal party (she had to style 6 girls including me) and an early ceremony to get to, but she was great at easing my stress and letting me know exactly how much time she'd need for each girl. Everyone's hair turned out beautiful and simple (just how we wanted it), and my mom's make up was perfect. My mom doesn't like heavy make up at all, and we just wanted her natural features to be accentuated- which is exactly what Carla did. I would certainly recommend her for your event! Attached photos are taken by Harmony in Happenstance.

Carla Pressley 10
    Carla Pressley 11
    Carla Pressley 12

Taylor · Married on 04/28/2018

Carla is AMAZING! She is incredibly responsive, easy going and professional. She really listens to your vision and works with you to perfect it. She even gets you outside of your comfort zone (hello, bold lip) to find the perfect look for your wedding day. She was able to save us in a tight situation (hair dresser backed out) and do our hair as well, and bring along the perfect assistant. I was so thrilled with how everything turned out. She even had us running AHEAD of schedule. I need an excuse to get glammed up again and you bet I would call Carla first!!

Susan · Married on 04/15/2018

Carla did updos, blow-outs and make-up for my daughter's recent wedding. When we met Carla for the trial, we both knew that we had picked the right person. She was attentive to what my daughter wanted. She even fixed her curled her hair before we left because she and her fiance were meeting the photographer that day for engagement pictures. All of the bridesmaids loved their updo. Carla did make for the bride, MOH, MOB and GMOB. We all looked great! She did blow-outs for MOB and GMOB. She came to the venue and did make-up touch-up for everyone, even the ones that did not have her do their make-up, before the ceremony. Everyone loved working with her. She was great!

Susan (MOB) 4/19/2018

Megan · Married on 03/24/2018

Carla stepped in late in my planning after I wasn’t satisfied with my first person. My hair is difficult to style and she did an amazing job. She listened to what I wanted and made adjustments to make me love it! She did my mother and step-daughters hair as well and it looked fabulous. We got so many compliments on all of our hair and makeup!

Stephanie · Married on 02/24/2018

I hired Carla to do hair and make up for my daughter's wedding. Carla was fantastic, an absolute pleasure to work with! She was responsible for the bride, mother of the bride, and the maid of honor. She performed several trials before the big day to make sure everything would be perfect. She took notes and pictures at the trial, and listened carefully to what we wanted, making changes as necessary. On the day of the wedding, she worked tirelessly without a break for many hours to make sure we all looked our best. She is fun, personable, efficient and very professional. She is a master at her craft! Hair and make-up for the three of us lasted all afternoon through pictures and all night long until the end of the wedding. Never a touch-up even needed! We got a lot of compliments at the wedding, and I don't hesitate to recommend Carla very highly. Her prices are reasonable and she welcome to your house or venue to do her work. Will definitely use her again when the need arises. Thanks, Carla!

• Z

Zoe · Married on 02/24/2018

I cannot possibly say enough good things about Carla. After a couple of hair and makeup trials that went rather poorly, Carla really hit it out of the park from day one. She was super responsive to emails and even texts messages. She was receptive to what I wanted and made suggestions to tweak it to what would look best with my skin and hair, and what would last the longest throughout the day. I met with her for two trials to really nail down what I wanted, as I'm kind of picky when it comes to makeup, and on the day of she really delivered. I got hair and makeup done for myself, my mom, and my maid of honor, and we all got so many compliments on how beautiful we looked. Carla is a superstar and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Jamie · Married on 11/11/2017

I'm so glad I found Carla for my upcoming wedding next year. She was reasonably priced compared to other artists that I looked at and she does both hair AND make-up. Carla came out to my house for my trial and I am so happy with the results. She listens to you and makes sure you are getting exactly what you want for your look. I definitely recommend Carla for anyone looking for hair, make-up or both services for your upcoming wedding.

Jesse · Married on 10/14/2017

I have worked with Carla many times as both a Photographer and Videographer in the D.C. area - I have always found her to be 100% professional - a brilliant makeup and hair stylist - and a kind person who is invested in your day being the best that it can be! I trust Carla with all of my clients, from weddings to politicians and more - if you want to do it right - make sure Carla is there.

Carla Pressley 13
    Carla Pressley 19
    Carla Pressley 20
    Carla Pressley 21

Jacqui · Married on 05/28/2017

She really knows her makeup and hair. If you have any sort of complicated look, I would highly recommend her! She was very friendly, accommodating and flexible. My request with her was very last minute but she was able to squeeze me in anyway and worked with my hectic schedule too. Highly recommend. And her prices were great in comparison to other vendors, which was surprising because the quality of her work was so top notch.

Ashley · Married on 08/27/2016

I found Carla after a failed trial I had with another vendor. I was very impressed with Carla's patience when I went for my first trial with her. She spent several hours with me trying different things because I was unsure as to exactly what I wanted. After trying different things, we knew we were getting closer so we had a second trial to finalize my look. I was still a little nervous because my hair and skin are finicky at times, particularly on a hot, humid August day. However, Carla pulled it off flawlessly and I was thrilled with my look and how my girls looked too! She managed to travel all the way from New York to West Virginia the morning of the wedding, arrived on time, and finished early - without cutting corners and for a party of 7 plus a flower girl (all by herself too and at a very reasonable price)! She never skipped a beat and was an absolute pleasure to spend time with through the beginning of an absolutely perfect day.

Nicole · Married on 05/29/2016

Carla was extremely professional and easy to work with. She and her colleague did hair and make-up for my seven bridesmaids and mom and we all looks amazing heading out the door! They met us at the hotel and worked with us in the suite. They worked quick and efficiently and stayed very calm and excited. I would highly recommend working with Carla for your wedding hair and make-up!

Dawn · Married on 05/27/2012

Carla did an outstanding job with both my wedding hair and make-up! During our consult she was extrememly personalble and we played around with hairstyles till we decided on the perfect look. She is very flexible and truly wants you to look your best. She had fabulous suggestions and great advice. On the day of, she came to my hotel room and the whole atmosphere was relaxed and fun and my bridesmaids and I had a ball getting ready. I can honestly say I have never seen my or my sister's hair look so fabulous! Both my sister and I grew up in the hair salon business and were extremely impressed with Carla's professionalism and skills. I will definitely be calling Carla next time I have an evening event and want to pampered and look georgeous!

Cendy · Married on 07/31/2010

When searching for a makeup and hairstylist for my wedding, I was really nervous to let anyone touch my hair. But when I met Carla and did the trial, She made me feel so comfortable and assured me I was in good hands. She listened closely to the look I was going for and she exceeded with the results. Not only did she do a great job with my hair and makeup but she also did a great job with my mother and sister too. When I did the trial with Carla she made a few recommendations for treating my hair properly. Ever since meeting with her, I have gone only to her to do treatments on my hair and for color as well.

Thank you Carla!

Cendy Muguerza

• Priscilla

Priscilla · Married on 05/08/2010

After my hair and makeup trial with Carla I knew I was in good hands! She and her assistant did such an amazing job not only with me but my bridesmaids as well. I love the tips Carla gives as she is doing your hair and makeup too! She even convinced me to have her redo my color/highlights before the wedding and it was the best decision - it's never looked better.

I couldn't have been happier with both my newly colored hair and my wedding day look - thank you Carla!

Courtney · Married on 10/10/2009

Carla was wonderful to work with! I did my hair and makeup trial with her and had no complaints. I had a ton of photos to show her and she did exactly what I wanted. My make up was amazing. Carla not only did a great job the day of the wedding but also gave me some wonderful tips to prep my skin months/weeks before the wedding. I even went to Carla 2 weeks before the wedding to get my hair cut and she did an amazing job on the cut. I will definitely go back for more haircuts.
    The day of the wedding she came to my parents house (ahead of time) and did my hair and makeup along with two of my bridesmaids and my moms makeup. We were short on time (my fault) and she got everyone done in record timing. She is very sweet and very calm... I cannot say enough about her and the wonderful service she provided. I got a ton of compliments and have many friends getting married next year... needless to say i have been recommending Carla to everyone!

• Jami

Jami · Married on 07/26/2009

Carla provided hair and makeup services for my wedding on July 26th. I was so pleased to find her after searching for months for a decent hair & makeup stylist with reasonable prices that would travel to the wedding location. Carla was a joy to work with from the start. She completed my hair and makeup trial at her home, which was actually close to my apartment in NOVA so it was ideal. After I showed her pictures of hair/makeup ideas, my wedding gown, and my bridesmaids gowns, she seemed to completely understand my vision for my hair and makeup. The day of the wedding, Carla and her assistant arrived on time to the hotel where the bridal party was getting ready. She and her assistant were so nice to work with and seemed to just fit right in (and be very understanding) with my crazy family that was coming in and out of the hotel room all day. Carla and her assistant worked quickly as we had so many people getting their hair and makeup completed. All of their hairstyles were spot on and sooo cute and unique for each person. The hairstyles seemed to capture the personalities of each bridesmaid and they all loved their styles. Carla did such an amazing job with my makeup, my mother's makeup, and my matron of honor. I have never seen my mother look so beautiful! My hair and makeup looked even better than my trial with Carla. I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup at the wedding. I HIGHLY recommend Carla for your wedding!!! She is sooo sweet, does an amazing job, and really works well under pressure. THANK YOU Carla for making everyone's beauty really shine through on my wedding day!

• F

Jennifer · Married on 05/09/2009

Carla arrived right on time and immediately went to work on the bridesmaids and my hair. I had a trial before and fell in love with the hairstyle that we came up with for me. She found a way to take my ideas and made the hairstyle fit my face. My hair looked gorgeous and it was all thanks to her. I highly recommend her.

Amy · Married on 11/05/2005

I don't remember who did my hair but she did a fantastic job!! I have very long straight hair and she managed to get it ALL up into beautiful twists, braids and curls. It took her 2 hours and a Starbucks for us both! But it was so gorgeous! She said she woke up a little sick with a cold the morning she did my hair but she knew she had to come in to work because she had "A BRIDE!" Now that is dedication, she definatley made my day and got a big tip to show for it!

• Blair

Blair · Married on 09/01/2018

You are in such good hands with Carla! Carla and her lovely assistant did hair and makeup for five bridesmaids, two moms, and the bride and got everybody ready to go right on time - even when we added two additional services to our original order. The makeup and hair was exactly what we had discussed, a soft, romantic look that wasn't too fussy. But here's where she really went above and beyond - to all my brides, add the additional touch-up period. Carla stayed about an hour after the ceremony to make sure hair and makeup was perfect for all of the photos and for cocktail hour. She also helped make sure my dress looked perfect, held champagne glasses, and was a super calming presence when I needed one. Quick gross story - since it was an outdoor ceremony, a lot of buggies thought my multi-layered dress was their new home. She even helped me shake all of the bugs out of my dress before the cocktail hour - what a goddess, seriously.

Sue · Married on 07/28/2011

Carla did a great job with hair and makeup at my wedding! She was even able to add one more service to another person during the day of our wedding and spent as much time and attention to the bridesmaids as the bride! Everyone looked beautiful and Carla was very calm during time contraints getting all 7 of us ready on time for photos. Her work at the wedding was much better than the trial. She spent time discussing everything with me, and I purchased some of my own makeup to show her what I wanted.