Capitol Romance Wedding Coordination Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Erica
    Erica C. Married on 11/13/2021

Amazing!!!

There is so much to say about Amanda and Bre!!! They are ABSOLUTELY wonderful and helped to make our wedding day so perfect. From the beginning, they were so helpful, super communicative and responsive. On the wedding day, they were so attentive, making sure me and wife had everything we needed (Amanda even got me a drink before toasts started because she saw I was empty handed). Amanda handled all of our vendors and made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be. They were so on top of everything and executed our vision flawlessly. We were able to enjoy our wedding day without any concerns or anxiety because Amanda and Bre were so amazingly professional and handled everything with ease. It was such a perfect day and I have Capital Romance to thank so much for helping us get through the planning process and the wedding day. I highly recommend Capital Romance and would hire them all over again!
    Circe G. Married on 06/06/2020

Bree was a lifesaver!

Bree was our day of coordinator for our wedding in May 2021. It was postponed twice due to the pandemic and Bree was invaluable throughout the whole process- giving us planning tips and general recommendations for major and minor things that came up along the way. On our actual wedding day Bree was always present and resolved the few things that came up. I really can't recommend her or Capitol Romance, more highly!

Capitol Romance Wedding Coordination's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review! You were both such effortless and easy clients to work with! Thank YOU for picking and all-star vendor team and for letting me help execute your day. What a way to get back into weddings after a year off :)
  • Paige
    Paige Married on 02/29/2020

Incredible job!

Amanda totally exceeded out expectations and made sure our wedding was stress free! We hired Amanda as the day of coordinator for our wedding in February 2020. She was very responsive, gave us great ideas and advice in planning, and was incredibly professional day of. She kept everything running smoothly, was able to pivot and respond to needs as they arose, and she was calm and in control the whole time. It was such a relief to have everything under control. She made sure none of our gifts got lost in the shuffle after the wedding and kept the timelines moving great. We were so grateful that she had everything handled. It made the wedding incredibly special and it was such a relief to not have to worry about the little details day of. She also put out our decorations in a thoughtful and artistic way! Thanks Amanda!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren K. Married on 09/28/2019

Seamless Day Thanks to Capitol Romance

Early on in our planning process, we weren't convinced we needed a day of coordinator since we were planning a smaller, more intimate ceremony and reception. After meeting Bree over Facetime we changed our mind and are so grateful we did. Leading up to the big day Bree gave us fantastic vendor suggestions (which all panned out perfectly), developed a clear timeline, and eased our family's nerves during the rehearsal. On the day of, everything was executed flawlessly. Bree's easy going and confident nature made both of us feel at ease, and her experience was evident in her suggestions and executions. We are so grateful we decided to hire Bree and Capitol Romance!
  • Michele
    Michele Married on 09/07/2019

Alesha, thank you for making sure I could just sit back and enjoy my day!

The title says it all. Alesha with Capitol Romance really made it so I could sit back and enjoy my wedding day and not worry about a thing. Even though Alesha was our day of coordinator, she was available throughout the entire planning process process with recommendations for different vendors and to answer any questions I had along the way. When we did our walk through, Alesha knew all the questions to ask that I would have never thought of. In the two months leading up to the wedding, Alesha did a great job organizing our other vendors and just getting the plan together. Every bride should at the very least have a day of planner, and Alesha and the rest of the Capitol Romance team did a phenomenal job.
  • Benjy
    Benjy C. Married on 08/18/2019

Made a perfect wedding possible

We worked with Alesha Wilson through Capitol Romance and she was phenomenal. She was incredibly organized, responsive, and on top of things. Knowing she was there truly made it possible to just enjoy the day knowing that everything would go off without a hitch. She was also super helpful in thinking through aesthetic choices for the ceremony, managing the flow of the event, and helping us communicate with our vendors. Would recommend her and Capitol Romance without a second-thought, especially to people on the fence about hiring a coordinator!
    Chris Married on 08/10/2019

Amanda F. from Capitol Romance is the Best!

We worked with Amanda for an August wedding in DC and had such an amazing experience. She was professional in every way imaginable and went above and beyond what we expected from a day-of coordinator beginning even a year before our wedding. She was quick to respond and provide guidance when we had no clue what we were doing.

Most importantly, on the weekend and day of our wedding, Amanda handled it all. It was so nice to not have to worry or plan anything on the day of our wedding, and even after the venue closed and the next day when we picked up any remaining items. We trusted Amanda completely and she helped us have one of the best days of our lives!
    Allison G. Married on 06/22/2019

Great Experience with Alesha for Our DC Summer Wedding

Alesha did a fantastic job coordinating our wedding in June 2019 at Josephine Butler Parks Center!
    We weren't sure if we needed a coordinator at first since we were planning to do most of the work ourselves, but we quickly realized that we needed someone with wedding planning experience to help us pull everything together. Alesha communicated with vendors, most importantly with our caterer since they needed a lot of information about our guests and seating in order to help flip the same space from the ceremony into the reception. She introduced us to software that helped us easily assign guests to tables and share that information with she and the caterer. The meeting we had a few months out from the wedding was also invaluable since she was able to explain the day-of-timeline and help us prioritize the tasks we still needed to complete leading up the wedding.
    While all of the this was incredibly helpful, Alesha's commitment to making our wedding amazing really came through at the rehearsal and on the wedding day. As far as we know, everything went perfectly smoothly and there was nothing to worry about, but in reality I know that anything that came up that day was swiftly handled by Alesha without us even knowing about it. She was also great with our family and friends.
    The services Alesha provided were exactly what we needed. She was professional, organized and a joy to work with. I only wish we had hired her earlier in the process to get even more information and tips!
    Alanna Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing vendor recommendations and great to work with

We loved working with Amanda for our wedding at St. Francis Hall in Brookland. She was familiar with the venue and had great ideas on layout and setup. She was also incredibly quick to respond with vendor recommendations (we loved all of them!), even saving the day with a seamstress rec when my dress arrived less than a month before the wedding. Highly recommend Capitol Romance and Amanda!

Capitol Romance Wedding Coordination's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation Alanna :) Amanda had an absolute blast working with you and we always love hearing from happy #CapRoCouples :)
  • HPE2
    Helen Married on 05/04/2019

We Loved Our Capitol Romance Wedding!

Capitol Romance was the single best hire we made as part of our wedding process. I'll be honest that I wasn't sure we'd need a day-of coordinator since we are a two fairly detail-oriented and organized people. I was completely wrong. From the moment we met Bree, it was clear to me that: (1) her goal was to make sure that we had a stress-free wedding that matched our vision of the day without us having to worry about execution; and (2) that she knew to think of things that we never would have considered. In the month leading up to the wedding, questions came up where I had no frame of reference, and my husband and I found ourselves constantly saying, "let's just ask Bree." From the little things to the big things, Bree was an organized, responsive, professional, and calm presence. Bree jumped in to smooth things over when our site venue coordinator unexpectedly left the job 10 days before the wedding. Bree expertly addressed our last minute planning anxieties when rain was in the forecast (even though it ended up being beautiful). On our wedding day, we felt completely confident that Bree would handle the inevitable, unexpected issues that came up. In sum, having Bree's support made everything run smoothly, ensured the day was what we wanted, and was a huge reason that we were able to relax and enjoy the once in a lifetime experience. Not to mention, she always gave us her honest take and couldn't have been easier to work with. Do yourself a favor and hire Capitol Romance!
    Courtney S. Married on 03/09/2019

Wonderful Service!

We worked with Amanda for our wedding day of coordination services. She was so easy to work with and did an amazing job. She was a huge help and provided great guidance leading up to the wedding and the day of to ensure everything went smoothly. I definitely recommend.

Capitol Romance Wedding Coordination's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Courtney!! Amanda is truly a rockstar in every way, and we are so thankful that you shared your experience with her, here on WeddingWire :)
    Taylor Married on 12/29/2018

Waterfront Winter wedding with Alesha

I was so happy with my entire experience with Capitol Romance! Bree was very responsive when I first reached out. I was put in touch with Alesha and from our first call, I knew she would be a great fit. She is fun and understood our vision. She was able to suggest a hair/makeup vendor for me. During the last month, she helped tremendously by working with my vendors to finalize the schedule and make sure we were ready for the big day. I couldn’t have done it without her because my brain was mush leading up to the wedding! Alesha came to the rehearsal and was at my hotel early on Saturday to make sure everything went smoothly. Our church and reception were 40 minutes away from each other, and Alesha did a great job making sure the transition was smooth. I don’t know if there were any problems on our wedding day, because if there were, she handled them and I had no idea! We had a blast and Alesha was such a big part of it. Thank you!!

Capitol Romance Wedding Coordination's reply:

It was OUR PLEASURE! We love helping couples & making their big day as smooth as possible. Alesha always goes above and beyond for her couples and I am so glad you guys had such a good experience with her - we'll take "a blast" as a successful wedding day ;)
    Caitlin Married on 11/10/2018

Fall DC wedding with Amanda

We are so happy with our decision to hire Amanda at Capitol Romance for our wedding coordination. The owner of the company, Bree, was very responsive and the hiring process was easy.

I can't over state how happy we are with Amanda's work. She was very professional, and really took the time to understand what we wanted for our big day. We had an 80 guest wedding at Studio 52. We had total confidence in her experience and knew we were in good hands; we really appreciated that she had worked at our venue before. She was very helpful when we had questions regarding vendors, timeline, etc. The timeline she created for our day was spot-on. Our officiant was unable to attend the rehearsal, so Amanda stepped up and ran the show. On the day of, everything went smoothly. Our greatest concern at our venue was how to flip the ceremony space into reception seating; she assured us it was possible and she and her assistant did a great job setting it all up.

All in all, I think the service Capitol Romance provides is a great value. We did an initial in-person consultation, month-out timeline planning meeting, final venue walk-though and rehearsal. I highly recommend hiring Capitol Romance (and Amanda specifically) for your wedding!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 09/15/2018

We are so glad we chose Amanda and Capitol Romance!

Amanda from Capitol Romance was absolutely incredible! From the start, she took the time to listen to our vision for the day and worked with us to finesse it. She suggested wonderful vendors and creative ways to approach a reasonable wedding day timeline. We cannot be more thankful for her calming presence and professional demeanor particularly with a hurricane scare in the week leading up to our wedding. She also did a fantastic job organizing last minute details and running our rehearsal for us. She corralled our large, boisterous wedding party with ease and saw that decor set-up went as planned resulting in a seamless, beautiful ceremony. She ultimately executed our timeline flawlessly and kept excellent track of our six vendors at the venue. With Amanda’s help, we were able to remain present throughout the day, have just enough time on the dance floor, and make it to the after party on time! We wouldn’t change a thing and are so glad we chose Amanda and Capitol Romance.

Capitol Romance Wedding Coordination's reply:

So happy to hear you had such a wonderful wedding day & thank you for letting us be a part of it :) Amanda is just the best and I am so glad she was able to execute your vision and wedding day for you both!
    Kate Married on 09/15/2018
    We worked with Alesha from Capitol Romance for our wedding at Mount Airy mansion. Our wedding day was perfect and we largely owe that to Alesha's support and attention to detail! If you are interested in wedding coordination services, I highly recommend working with Alesha.

First, Alesha gave us recommendations for several outstanding vendors, including a hair/makeup artist and a photographer (who I will review separately). My husband and I were planning our wedding on a somewhat condensed timeline (5 months) and were having trouble finding professionals that were in our budget and available on our big day, but Capitol Romance hit it out of the park by suggesting some incredible professionals!

Second, Alesha was SO helpful in thinking through the details of our event. Our venue was very "hands off" in terms of how we wanted to lay out the space and host the event, so it was incredibly useful to get Alesha's expert assistance with a layout and day-of timeline. Alesha helped us identify numerous details in the months leading up to the wedding that we would have otherwise overlooked.

Third, Alesha made sure everything ran SO SMOOTHLY the day of the wedding! I don't know what she did or how she did it, but everything went exactly to plan! In addition to placing our DIY decorations around the venue, she handled any issues that came up on the wedding day without me ever finding out about them! I am sure she spent a lot of time leading up to the wedding ensuring that the venue and other vendors were on the same page. Our wedding was more perfect than we ever imagined thanks to her hard work.

To any couples looking for a coordinator, I highly recommend working with Alesha from Capitol Romance!
    Daniela Married on 08/18/2018
    We worked with Amanda from Capitol Romance for our August wedding at Josephine Butler Parks Center in D.C.
    Capitol Romance was recommended to us by our catering company to help coordinate our wedding day. Even though we initially did not want a wedding coordinator, having a day-of coordinator was well worth it. Working with Amanda was great, she is well organized, responsive, friendly and had many great tips for our wedding celebration. She walked us through the whole process of putting together a schedule and made sure we didn't forget about anything. Knowing Amanda will take care of things allowed us to fully focus on our friends and family and truly enjoy our wedding day without having to worry about the details. We would highly recommend working with Amanda.
    Allegra Married on 07/07/2018
    We worked with Amanda for our July wedding at Lincoln's Cottage. Although we didn't want a full-blown wedding planner, Bree was happy to set us up with Amanda as a day-of coordinator, and she was perfect. We met with Amanda several times before the wedding, to discuss expectations and create a timeline, and she was really helpful in making sure we had thought about all the decisions we needed to make. She also recommended approaches that had worked for others in the past and vendors that we could use. On the day-of, Amanda was friendly, professional, and kept everything running smoothly. At the end of the night, everything was taken care of, and I didn't have to worry about anything! I would highly recommend Amanda and Capitol Romance for a professional, flexible, and enjoyable experience. Thank you, Amanda!
    Emma Married on 04/07/2018
    We used Amanda Fulton of Capitol Romance as our day-of-coordinator for our wedding at President Lincoln's Cottage in May 2018. She was such a joy to work with! From our first consultation with her, we could tell that she would be the detail-oriented, attentive, friendly, and calming presence we needed on our big day. She helped us identify all of the details for the wedding day that we'd overlooked (where does the decor go? who will set it up? how much transportation do we need? etc., etc.) and guided us to thinking them through without adding any stress to our plates. She helped us plan the ceremony and reception at our rehearsal at the venue, and then executed it to a tee on the big day - even when rain upset our plans! She worked so hard making sure our day wasn't upset by the weather, drying off our guests' chairs and helping direct everyone to the right spots. We were so lucky to have her make our wedding run perfectly, and we'd highly-recommend her to anyone looking for planning and coordination services.
    Denise Married on 11/04/2017
    I don't think I'll ever find the right words to express how grateful and blessed to have had Amanda as our coordinator for our wedding at Fathom Gallery. She is so attentive, courteous, hardworking, sweet and such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. She was so organized and made sure all our vendors arrived on time and the decor was in place during setup so my husband and I could get ready. During the ceremony and reception, she worked tirelessly to ensure that our event was seamless. And it was! She never stopped working, even after the party was over and it was time to clean up. And she always had a smile on her face and never looked stressed. I don't know how she does it, but she's amazing! I really could go on and on about how thankful and happy to have had the opportunity to work with Amanda. My husband and I feel like we've gained a new friend, not just someone we've worked with.

To Amanda, Bree, and the Cap Ro team, THANK YOU! You are the BEST!
  • Debbie
    Debbie Married on 10/21/2017
    Our wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did without Kara's amazing work. She was attentive, professional, responsive, and organized. From the moment we signed the contract, Kara was such a huge help with every single random questions I had or idea I wanted feedback on. She attended our final walkthrough with the venue, where she asked all the right questions and made sure that she understood every little detail for the entire day. She did a great job running our rehearsal and keeping everyone on schedule during the wedding. Most importantly, she was able to set up all of our wedding decor PERFECTLY. I'm not sure how she did it with such little direction from me, but she was able to create our vision and beyond. And everything was packed up and ready to be taken back to our hotel at the end of the night. She must be a magician or something! I received so many compliments from my parents and wedding party about Kara; she was always there when we needed her but wasn't overbearing or imposing. That is exactly what you need in a wedding coordinator. Our friends were so impressed that they've hired Kara for their own wedding. Highly recommend Kara and Capitol Romance!
    Devan Married on 09/03/2017
    I had the most amazing experience using Capital Romance for my wedding planning! I cannot recommend them enough :) For reference, I worked with both Bree and Amanda.

I was looking for a wedding coordinator who would be able to provide advice and guidance throughout the wedding planning process, but not someone who would actually plan the wedding *for* me. Capital Romance was perfect for that! I emailed Bree and Amanda with questions, asked for guidance about vendors, got opinions about design, etc. And then having them handle all of the final logistics was SO great. They worked with my vendors to create the floor plan / layout, develop a timeline, and ensure everyone was on the same page. PLUS, they handled everything the day of the wedding. It was such a relief to know I didn't have to worry about it and could just enjoy the day :)

I also really appreciated their attitude about the whole wedding planning process. They were positive, calm, and totally open-minded about my vision for the wedding; willing to be honest and say "that might not work, but here's another idea" if I wasn't sure how to approach something; and super organized and responsive whenever I needed anything.

I seriously couldn't have asked for a better experience!!

Capitol Romance Wedding Coordination's reply:

Devan - thank you SO MUCH for the kind words. You & Perrin were DREAM clients. Amanda & I loved working with you both and are SO happy that you were both happy. Congratulations again and thank you for trusting us with your wedding day <3
    Tory Married on 07/29/2017
    Kara did an amazing job coordinating our wedding! We were on the fence about hiring a coordinator but are so glad that we did! Beyond providing day-of support, Kara was able to help us put together a wedding day timeline and figure out all the necessary logistics. Kara will not tell you what you must do, she will give her experienced opinion and let you decide. On the day of the wedding, while we were off taking pictures, Kara was at the venue greeting vendors and setting up everything as we had planned. Because of Kara, instead of us needing to run around attending to problems, we were able to truly enjoy our wedding.
    Jasmine Married on 06/25/2017
    My husband and I cannot thank Alesha and the Capitol Romance team enough for executing a perfect wedding day for us on June 25th! We had wedding crashers, a delayed food vendor, extra tables/setup changes and the like, but (as the bride) I did not know any of this until days after my wedding, which is a testament to Alesha's professionalism. Alesha expertly worked with the venue and our vendor team to ensure our wedding day ran smoothly (despite the surprises) and was such a source of encouragement and support over the course of our wedding planning period. We are so lucky to have worked with such a great team! If you're an independent bride who seeks some planning guidance and excellent wedding day support - contact the Capitol Romance team!
    Tamara Married on 06/17/2017
    Alesha was INCREDIBLE!! We had such an amazing experience with her and the Capitol Romance team. Every step of the way, she was so attentive to our needs and requests. She helped reassure us whenever we needed it, and the whole time she worked with us from across the country! A month before our wedding, she coordinated with all of the vendors we hired, and was so great at making sure everyone was on the same page!

Our wedding day was SEAMLESS because of Alesha's effort. She was communicative but only as necessary, so she was an amazing force behind the scenes!! This is the true mark of a talented wedding coordinator--she handled anything and everything and to us, all we noticed was that the day was perfect.

Thank you so much to Alesha and her team!! We would recommend her to anyone and everyone looking for an incredible experience with a coordinator.

Marie Married on 05/20/2017
    You know that you have something going when you want to be friends with your wedding coordinator after the wedding and have a hard time not wanting to e-mail her randomly when you come across something that makes you think of her!

My husband encouraged me to connect with Bree when the wedding planning was getting intense in order to make sure that I would be able to let go on the day of. Step by step leading up to the day, Bree helped me secure hair and make-up, a few vendor loose ends, and communicated with my vendors and venue without me needing to do more than an e-mail introduction. Bree gave me tons of ideas and helped me narrow in on what I "needed" versus what I "wanted."

On the day of the wedding when I walked in to see the tables for the reception, I had to hold back tears. Bree not only turned my vision into a reality, but seemingly saw the wedding dreams that I had and exceeded them. Her calm, professional demeanor made me feel like the wedding was perfect and that nothing went wrong. She moved us along on our timeline and everything we wanted to accomplish on the day, we did!

My only regret is that I didn't seek her out sooner just to have more time talking with her. A true gem of a human!