Candle & Quill Photography Reviews

Candle & Quill Photography 6
Candle & Quill Photography 7

Laura Huneycutt · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Captured the Moment!

Ryan was able to capture the best of moments of the entire day. From getting ready, Daddy seeing his little girl in her dress, to the good bye at the end of the night. All the pictures are fabulous! He is easy to work with and very flexible. You can't go wrong using him!!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Candle & Quill Photography's reply:

I had so much fun with you guys. We had a day full of rain, but we made the most of it and still caught some extremely beautiful moments! Thanks for your kind words!
  • Abbey

Abbey Mrochinski · Married on 07/26/2019

We love these people so much! Best decision ever.

My husband and I don't really even have words to express how much we loved working with Ryan and Courtney. Hiring them was hands down the best and easiest decision we made in planning, AND the best part is that we made friends with some completely amazing, loving, adventure-seeking, genuine, passionate, joyful, incredibly talented people!!! Ryan, the main photographer, has so much creativity inside of him, it's immediately evident (basically palpable) upon meeting him, and he's just so good at what he does. We are so thankful he shares this talent with others. He was born to create and love others. He goes above and beyond capturing the emotion and depth of what's happening around you in every photo. He is so easy to be around and makes shooting with him fun, comfortable, and natural! He drove 4.5 hours to do mine and my husband's engagement shoot because 1) it was close and convenient for us, 2) it was somewhere new he hadn't been before and when he researched online and suggested it he said he thought it looked really cool, 3) he is just awesome, and 4) he said "I could use some windshield time & I really don't mind the drive". Who goes out of your way like that for you?!? Courtney, his sweet wife, was his second shooter for our wedding day, and I am SO glad she was!!! She is also just as skilled with a camera and has a wonderful eye for detail!! She is down to earth, kind-hearted, and relatable. She went out of the way to find some wild flowers and other accent pieces for the "details" photos the morning of our wedding while I was getting ready, and I was SO touched by that. Myself, my husband, my family, and all my friends think they photos are even more beautiful with touches like that. My husband and I, and all of our guests, cannot stop raving about how amazing Ryan and Courtney are, and how beautiful our photos turned out (it's so obvious Ryan poured his heart and soul into editing them and making these memories so special for us)-- my husband and I feel the same, but we mostly feel so blessed to have gotten to meet and walk through this huge chapter of our life with these people. We are looking forward to more adventures with Ryan and Courtney!!! We seriously could not have imagined anyone else to be there celebrating with us and capturing these moments. Knowing your vendors are more like friends just makes your day 10000% more special. You can absolutely not go wrong investing in Candle & Quill. You will gain SO much more than you give, without a doubt!! Thank you guys. We love you!!!!!

Sent on 09/16/2019
    Candle & Quill Photography 8
    Candle & Quill Photography 9
    Candle & Quill Photography 10
    Candle & Quill Photography 11
    Candle & Quill Photography 12
    Candle & Quill Photography 13

Jessie B · Married on 06/07/2019

One of our favorite vendors!

Candle & Quill is a breeze to work with! We initially had them do our engagement photos and as soon as we got the photos back we knew we were going to hire them for our wedding too. They have such a great eye for detail, are unobtrusive when they’re shooting and have a unique style that really stands out. We’ve had so many compliments on our phots and I never get tired of looking at them. We definitely plan to hire them again once the family starts to grow ;)

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Candle & Quill Photography 19
    Candle & Quill Photography 20
    Candle & Quill Photography 21

Candle & Quill Photography's reply:

Jessie and Bryan, you guys were such a pleasure to work with. From the engagement session through the wedding day, you guys were top notch clients that put so much thought and energy into your wedding day and photography vision. We are honored to have worked with you guys, and are so lucky to now call you friends and part of the Candle & Quill family! We can't wait to watch you guys as you grow together and grow your family!
  • Julia

Julia Thompson · Married on 06/02/2019

GGG- Genuinely Genuine Guy

Ryan was so great and accommodating from the moment I reached out. He is the kind of guy that is so relatable and makes you feel comfortable being photographed when it can seem so unnatural to you. Before taking me as a client I reached out and we talked about every aspect of my day that would make it special to me. He worked with me to provide everything I asked for to commemorate what was the best day of my life- as well as an amazing engagement shoot! My photos turned out incredible, and he didn't even have to run them through the "skinny machine"! Just great quality photos that I can have to remember my wedding day forever. Thank you Ryan! Your a 10/10, 5-star, one of a kind photographer :)

Sent on 07/28/2019
    Candle & Quill Photography 22
    Candle & Quill Photography 23
    Candle & Quill Photography 24
    Candle & Quill Photography 25
    Candle & Quill Photography 26

Candle & Quill Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Julia! You guys were so much fun to work with. I'm blushing from all of the compliments, ha! That review is so you and I love it. I wish you guys nothing but the best. Cheers!

Kathryn · Married on 05/19/2019

Extremely Happy!

I’m beyond happy with Candle & Quill Photography. Ryan was very easy and comfortable to work with, even my husband(who’s not super into pictures being taken) was able to enjoy the experience! It was very easy to communicate with him, he responded and was very organized which I greatly appreciated. Along with his professionalism our photos turned out amazing, better than I could have imagined and am very excited to get them in frames!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Chelsea Vaughn · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing :)

I’m so so so happy with my wedding photos! From our engagement session, to bridals, to the wedding day, Ryan was nothing but helpful! We are so happy with his work. We absolutely love our photos.

Sent on 06/14/2019
    Candle & Quill Photography 32
    Candle & Quill Photography 33

Amanda · Married on 05/04/2019

Ryan is the bomb.com!

Ryan was so much fun to work with! Highly recommend him for any photography needs! He wasn’t afraid to get wet with us in the waterfalls for our engagements and did his best to capture every moment and detail from start to finish on our wedding day!

Sent on 06/11/2019
    Candle & Quill Photography 45
    Candle & Quill Photography 46
    Candle & Quill Photography 47

Candle & Quill Photography's reply:

You guys are the best. Thank you so much for your kind words, and I had an absolute blast working with you guys and getting into freezing cold river water to get the shots! Best of luck to you guys!

Kayla · Married on 10/27/2018

October Wedding 2018

Very easy and fun to work with. Sometimes having pictures done can be awkward and he made sure it wasn't. Had a blast and pictures turned out amazing.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Candle & Quill Photography's reply:

You guys were anything but awkward! Such a sweet couple and what a beautiful day! Love you guys! I’m so glad you chose me to capture your big day. Best wishes to you guys!
  • Carley

Carley Barbee · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful!

Our experience with Candle and Quill was absolutely amazing! Ryan is so flexible with everything and his creative eye is impeccable. He makes everything so fun and makes everyone feel at ease. We cannot say enough about how much we love Candle and Quill!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Candle & Quill Photography's reply:

Two words really stick out in your review..."fun" and "comfortable"! If you walked away from a fun experience and you were comfortable through it all...my job is complete! You guys were an absolute blast to hang with, and such a beautiful day to capture in so many ways. Love you two!

Makayla · Married on 10/06/2018

Candle and Quill is the Best!

Ryan is such a pleasure to work with! We could not have asked for a better photographer for our engagement and our wedding. From the first conversation over the phone, my husband and I knew Ryan was our go to photographer. He did such a wonderful job capturing the joy and emotion of our day. Our pictures turned out better than we could have dreamed of! We highly recommend using Candle and Quill Photography!!

Sent on 02/08/2019

Candle & Quill Photography's reply:

You guys are the best! I'm so glad you love your images, and most of all that you had a great time with me! It speaks volumes to me that you guys were impressed enough over our initial phone call to make such an important decision for your big day. I had an absolute blast with you two, and wish you all the best in your marriage!
  • O

Olivia Stamper · Married on 09/29/2018

Best photographer ever🳸

I don't think I have ever been so excited about anything in my whole life. Down to the engagement shoot, then the bridal portraits, then THE BIG DAY...
    It was one of the most fun expiriences, and THE PICTURES took my breath away!!!!! How could they have turned out even better than I had imagined!? But sure enough they did 😍 when I look at those pictures It immediately takes me back to the best day of my life. These photos are worth way more than 1,000 words. Youll want Candle & Quill to help tell your story 💯

Sent on 02/05/2019

Candle & Quill Photography's reply:

Tons of fun and breathtaking images...yes! One of my main goals is to deliver images to my clients that will take them back to the intimate moments of their big day, and it that was accomplished, then I did my job! You guys were so much fun to work with, and I hope to work with you guys in the future as you grow in your marriage and maybe one day expand your little family! Cheers!