Calluna Events Reviews

95 | Boulder, CO

95 Reviews for Calluna Events

• Jen

Jen Rauch · Getting married on 02/03/2021

The best decision we made for our wedding!

Before we even got engaged I knew I wanted to have Calluna Events as part of my wedding day! When looking at their instagram, everything looked so beautiful, personalized to the couple, and FUN and that's exactly what is like (and more) when working with them. Calluna Events was the best choice we made for our wedding! We were so incredibly lucky to work with Jean and honestly I am sad that our wedding is done that we no longer get to work with her anymore! She was SO well prepared, professional, and kind. She truly listened to what we wanted, found us so many options, and then did everything she could to make our vision happen. Jean made it so easy on us to work with vendors and found us the best ones. Our wedding day was the least stressful day ever because of Jean. Everything was organized so perfectly that we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and never once had to think of the time or stress about getting something done. Almost all of the vendors told me they were so impressed with the timeline that was provided to them and had no additional questions for us as a couple because Jean was on top everything! We are so incredibly lucky to have had a beautiful and fun wedding day and it is all thanks to Jean and Calluna Events!

Sent on 05/21/2020
  • Shelby

Shelby Katz · Married on 11/05/2019

Wonderful, Thoughtful, Caring, Loving, Creative

Exceptional support and guidance from a talented and creative team of people at Calluna. Because our wedding was different from everything we've ever seen in the past, we needed someone who had the ability to think outside the box, while keeping our vision beautiful and thoughtful and full of love. This team was spectacular. For months leading up to our wedding day, and helping us execute on our wedding day without dropping a single ball, this team gave us their A game. We couldn't be more pleased with our wedding. We're still on cloud 9!

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Danner · Married on 09/21/2019

Wonderful!

Claudia was my planner at Calluna and she was AWESOME, to put it simply. She allowed me to completely be present and enjoy my wedding day. All the stress I had beforehand completely melted away when I saw how beautifully everything was set. She went above and beyond with setting up and dismantling late at night. I’m so grateful to have had her and Calluna on our special day. I know how much work goes into coordinating events on-site and Claudia is a rockstar. Run, don’t walk - hire them!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia Zaleski · Married on 09/14/2019

Excellent and Great Value

Five stars doesn't quite do justice to the exceptional job Heather Dwight
    and the Calluna Events team did planning my wedding at Brush Creek Ranch in
    Wyoming. The weekend was seamless and the planning process fun and
    enjoyable. Heather not only managed a complicated itinerary with a variety
    of vendors and guest needs, but also pulled a full three days of
    festivities together over a short time horizon. Her rates are fair for the
    amount of hard work she and the Calluna team put in. Heather's approach is
    relaxed yet thorough. She is so calm and confident that you almost wonder
    if she has an army of elves working through the night to answer all her
    emails and pull all your information into her spreadsheets. She's
    organized, thoughtful and commanding. Best of all she has great taste. I
    strongly recommend hiring Heather and Calluna Events.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Staenberg · Married on 08/24/2019

Best Vendor Ever!

Where do I even begin! From my first conversation with Heather to our tearful goodbye at the end of my wedding, everything was perfect. I especially felt like Heather’s sense of calm was the best thing that I could have asked for during the planning process. No task was too great or could not be accomplished. She was so easy going and such a joy to work with. She went out of her way to make several appointments work within her busy schedule and some of them required driving 3 hours to the mountains. I always felt like I was her #1 priority and she was always reachable. She was able to tackle taking on a brand-new venue that had never even done weddings before and she makes it look like a piece of cake! At the end of the wedding weekend, my family could not stop raving about Heather and her team. She not only provided the best vendors, but everyone we ended up working with could not have been more professional, nice, and easy to work with. My mom is already hoping that Heather will do my sister’s wedding when the time comes!

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Monfort · Married on 08/10/2019

Extraordinary!

Where do I even begin? From the moment I first talked to Heather, I knew I was going to be in good hands. She is so sweet and genuine, she makes you feel like a friend right from the start. She made time to meet with my mom who traveled from out of state, which helped put my mom at ease that we had the right planner. Our ceremony and reception were in two very unique places, and Heather figured out all the crazy logistics to making them both gorgeous and functional. We also had a second wave of people come for the reception, which meant a lot of coordination of striking tables and chairs. She had it down to the minute, and it went off without a hitch. Heather knows all the best vendors for your style, the latest wedding trends and how to make them happen, and makes every detail look perfect on the big day. She put my mind at ease when I'd send her late night emails stressing about some small detail. She also made sure I was up to date on every aspect after she had long phone calls with our venue coordinators. Our unique locations (Dairy Block Alley and Union Station Grand Hall) would give me anxiety, but Heather handled all the logistics to pull off the most gorgeous settings. It looked better than we imagined! Our bridal party also appreciated her timeline for the day of, everyone was given an itinerary. Heather helped guide us through the entire process with ease. And she was there the whole weekend from ceremony walk through to late on Saturday night to make sure everything went according to plan. She helped us find the most incredible band, our guests still talk about how amazing they were. Heather wasn't only our wedding planner, I consider her a friend now. She so quickly becomes a big part of your life, that it's hard when the wedding fun is over to not talk to her all the time. We so enjoyed working with her and wish she could plan all of our life events! Calluna Events is truly the best wedding planning group in all of Colorado, and we think even in the entire US.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Jessie

Jessie Kritt · Married on 06/29/2019

They helped me have the wedding of my dreams

I couldn't imagine executing such a perfect wedding day without Heather at calluna events. She was there to guide us through every step of the process and provided expert advice whenever I asked. She made the whole process fun and free of stress and organized all of the vendors so the day of the wedding I didn't need to worry about anything! I'm still so impressed with her work and would hire her again if I had to do it all over.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Harper Hubbeling · Married on 06/22/2019

Best choice we made in wedding planning!

We loved working with Calluna Events. We worked with Jean and she was fantastic - she truly has a gift for what she does. Jean made sure everything with our wedding ran smoothly - despite hail and a downpour!! And she did it all with such a wonderful chill + expert presence that made us 100% confident and relaxed that everything was going to work out just right. We truly can't thank Jean enough! We will treasure the memories of our ceremony and reception forever and we are so grateful that Jean was there to keep the show running so we could enjoy the family/friends there to support us and make the beautiful memories that we now have!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Teri Hubbeling · Married on 06/22/2019

Grace Under Pressure = the Perfect Wedding Coordinator = Calluna Events

At 11 am we were rehearsing the outdoor wedding by the pond. By 3pm it was raining, sleeting, maybe hailing a bit - we had to move everything: wedding, cocktail hour, reception - inside. But for us this appeared to happen effortlessly. Jean had prepared so well ahead of time that our family and friends were all able to completely enjoy themselves. It really seemed as if we had planned it all this way from the beginning. And we had an amazing time, it was such a fun wedding! I don't think it could have been better if it had been a beautiful sunshiny day! And Jean was smiling and easy the whole way. It was beautiful, touching and fun - everything a wedding should be! And I know we couldn't have done it without Jean and Calluna Events.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Karen F. Armstrong · Married on 06/11/2019

Calluna Events-Best Wedding Ever!

We utilized Calluna Events and Jean Ellison specifically for our daughter's wedding in Colorado this past July. We are located in Atlanta, and the bride and groom are in Denver- so we relied heavily on Jean to not only help us through the process but coordinate with the resort located in Tabernash, the florist in Denver etc. Jean was so professional and brought experience from many areas of wedding planning. Whenever we expressed concern about anything Jean would say 'It's all good'; she didn't miss a beat in reassuring us and following up. Jean was great about returning calls or texts and following up with requested information. Jean had experience with of many different vendors and the vendors all knew Calluna events whose reputation for professionalism is well known. So many people approached us at the reception and said it was the best wedding they had ever attended!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Tegan

Tegan · Married on 06/08/2019

Magical Weekend at SJ with Melanie from Calluna

Melanie and the Calluna team were so easy and fun to work with. They always made us feel that we were prepared and on track as we approached our wedding weekend in Boulder. We could not have imagined working with anyone else. The knowledge of weddings, vendor relationships, professionalism and overall experience made us feel at ease even in times of ‘planning’ stress! We love Calluna and would absolutely recommend them to our dearest friends and family

Sent on 11/04/2019

Elizabeth Phillips · Married on 03/02/2019

Magical!!!

Calluna Events gave me the wedding of my DREAMS!! I didn't have to stress or worry about a single thing because of this team. Jean was organized, thorough, respectful of my vision, and was so helpful and encouraging through the whole planning process! Her ideas made my wedding look even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! She got me the best vendors and companies to work alongside us, and she checked in on me and tried to do as much as she could to take things off of my plate so I could enjoy that season of engagement without being too stressed! Calluna Events is a detailed and creative team that exceeded all of my expectations. It was the best decision I made to work with them!!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Esther Lim · Married on 09/15/2018

Total professionals!

I interviewed a few wedding planners before going with Calluna. I knew Calluna was the right fit for us when they seemed to totally understand our main priorities. While we would have been happy to work with any of Calluna's wonderful planners, we had the pleasure of working with the owner Heather. Heather has many years of experience and it shows. She's calm, collected, and seems to know everyone in the industry. She is also a cool person, and generally delightful to spend time with. As any event planning tends to go, we had a few hiccups and challenges with vendors, dates, and details. Heather always advocated for us, and made sure that our voices and concerns were heard. And in the month leading up to the wedding, I knew that we really didn't have to worry about the logistics or the schedule or anything else because Heather was at the helm. She made the day as easy as possible, and I am so grateful!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Kristen Wheeler · Married on 09/15/2018

Ultra-pro, worth every penny

Our wedding was twenty-times more magical than we ever imagined. Calluna was ultra-pro and a delight to work with. They helped us achieve our vision and freed us up to truly enjoy every minute of it and then some. They’re experts at weddings, events, vendors and Boulder and they were worth every penny. We trusted them entirely and felt special and cared for every step of the way.
    Calluna attuned to our vision from our first conversations. They helped with planning from A to Z: saving us loads of time on vendor research; helping us select and optimize venues to match our vision, helping negotiate pricing with vendors; making our dollars go far on what would be most meaningful and impactful; and offering ideas to make our goals a reality. Our Lead Planner was Francesca and beyond the planning, when it came to the big days, she was such a joy. She and her team executed both our rehearsal dinner and wedding with the utmost skill, grace, warmth and fun.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Cristina Bordes · Married on 09/02/2018

Simply the Best

We are delighted that we worked with Heather Dwight of Calluna Events for our wedding. From listening to our story and what was important to us, she created a one of a kind wedding for us that was more beautiful, more magical, and more deeply reflected us than we could have imagined. She has an incredible attention to detail. So many of our guests shared that it was the most incredible wedding they have ever attended. It was truly extraordinary. All of the vendors Heather referred us to were not only top notch experts at what they do but also wonderful people that we genuinely wanted to have at our wedding. Each vendor spoke incredibly highly of Heather and stated she was their favorite planner to work with, truly the best. Heather made our day exquisite beyond our expectations. She has an incredibly kind, professional, creative, and calming presence that is priceless to have throughout the entire wedding planning process. She really goes above and beyond. Our wedding was truly exquisite. We cannot speak highly enough of Heather. Thank you so much Heather and Calluna Events!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 09/01/2018

I worked with Lauren at Calluna Events as our month of coordinator and loved her! She is so sweet and treated us as if we were her only client! She was always available for a quick chat or to answer any questions I may have! She was SO helpful in going through all of our contracts, following up with vendors, organizing everything for the day, and catching all the little things I had missed! She was an absolute pleasure and helped make our big day even more perfect!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Kate · Married on 07/28/2018

Calluna Events was absolutely fantastic. I got married in July of this past year and I can't imagine doing it without them! Lauren was so responsive and professional and made all the wedding details happen so perfectly and smoothly. Heather was amazing to work with as well. If there is anything I can recommend to a couple getting married, it's to hire a wedding planner. You don't realize how important it is until the weeks leading up to it and of course the day of. It's money so well spent and Calluna Events is hands down the company to do it!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Candra · Married on 07/21/2018

I got the opportunity to work with Lauren at Calluna Events. She was absolutely amazing the entire one year of wedding planning! The actual wedding day could not have gone more perfect and she made sure that I was relaxed and really just enjoyed the day, instead of worrying about details and my guests. She was also incredible leading up to the big day. We had many many in person meetings, phone calls, text messages, you name it - talking through every detail. She was so accommodating. I felt like my wedding was perfecttt, but it was probably because she was working her magic behind the doors without me even knowing. I would highly recommend Calluna and even more highly recommend Lauren!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Marissa · Married on 07/14/2018

They are the best of the best. Our day ran very smoothly because of Calluna! Highly recommend! We worked with Gabbie and she was amazing!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Gene Forte · Married on 07/01/2018

Heather Dwight and her company, Calluna Events, delivered a unique destination wedding that will be remembered for years to come by all that attended.

Heather and her team were very professional, cooperative, thorough and vendor knowledgeable as demonstrated by their masterful handling of my daughter's destination wedding this past summer in Beaver Creek, Co. From their connections and recommendations regarding florists and musicians to rehearsal and reception venues, welcoming parties, bachelorette and bachelor activities, events decorating, vendor coordination, and on-site/day-of personal supervision of all activities Calluna Events performed admirably. And perhaps most importantly, whenever an unforeseeable issue arose, Heather always responded promptly and cordially, and in a positive, respectful manner. Our wedding events were attended by many friends and family, young and old, from across the US, and the common comment we received was that "this was the best wedding I've ever attended". Thank you Heather!
    Gene F.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Kristin · Married on 06/16/2018

I can't praise Calluna enough! They were absolutely amazing to work with. Kristen Kennedy was so professional, responsive, AND she is seriously the best person to bounce ALL the ideas off of. We had a quick engagement (6 months) and enlisted Calluna's help early on in the process. Kristen was always in touch with me, Ryan, and our vendors. She was cool and collected - which is really what us Brides need the most. I would definitely recommend Calluna for your wedding or next big event. They really focus on getting down to what your vision is so they can bring it to life!! They did that for us, and we will be forever thankful! We lvoe you, Kristen and Calluna!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Jerri · Married on 06/02/2018

My daughter and I hired Heather nearly a year before my daughter's wedding. I was traveling extensively and knew we needed a very capable and trustworthy coordinator. Heather was that and so much more! Her calm demeanor, obvious enjoyment of the planning process, and creative vision took so much pressure off of our family and resulted in a magnificent wedding day! I can't recommend her and the Calluna team highly enough.

Sent on 06/10/2018
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 06/02/2018

Hands Down the Best in the Business!

Our wedding was an absolute dream! We hired Calluna for their "Month of" coordination package - which truly felt like 3 months of organization. They were professional, kind, extremely knowledgeable, creative, understanding of our dream and our budget, a pleasure to work with, and even diffused tense overbearing mother in law moments. I was the last of my sisters to be married, and my mom and I agree, Calluna provided by far the best and most enjoyable planning and wedding experience!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/12/2018

Working with Calluna Events was the absolute best decision that allowed my wedding to become my dream and reality. I was introduced to Heather through my photographer Collin Pierson, being a destination wedding in Colorado I could not do a lot on my Own. From the first phone call, both my husband and I knew we wanted to make it possible in our wedding budget to have her as our wedding planner. We didn't care what we had to change to make that happen and we both agree that it was the most important and best decision we made regarding vendors and planning our wedding. Heather was always available to talk via phone or chat via text. She was more than willing to go above and beyond helping not only us but also each of our vendors who had no relation to one another. I felt like I knew Heather before I personally met her my wedding weekend and I now miss our daily phone calls, emails and chatting! She not only made our wedding day run smoothly, beautifully and great, but she made everything for my husband and I so enjoyable by being there to remind us to do things as little as brush our teeth. Heather is not only beyond talented, but what's most clear is how passionate she is about her job and that I believe is what made her stand out as a "must-have" team member to make the wedding of our dreams become a true fairytale. Heather I cannot thank you enough and plan to hear from me for future baby showers and other events in our future. You are incredible. Jarid and I cannot thank you enough! xxx Jennifer Dietrich

Sent on 06/06/2018

Chelsea · Married on 05/05/2018

When Hunter and I got engaged, I knew exactly the “vibe” I wanted at our wedding. I also knew that I could not plan and organize this “vibe” on my own. That is where Lauren with Calluna Events saved us! I told Lauren about our style, our colors, and our basic design layout for our wedding- and she ran with it. Lauren was able to stick within our price range, work with my perfectionist tendencies, and provide structure and organization for the months before the wedding and most importantly, the wedding day. I was able to enjoy our wedding with complete confidence in my Calluna team and their ability to produce the most amazing wedding ever. I seriously love them.

Sent on 06/18/2018