Caboose Farm Reviews

Caboose Farm 7
  • Logan

Logan Dechter · Getting married on 05/03/2021

Love This Place!

This was an incredible venue for our retreat. The location was beautiful, and the accommodations in the house were perfect for our guests. Absolutely would recommend it to anyone I know!

• Marylou

Marylou Clraveland · Getting married on 12/05/2020

Amazing/awesome ~ perfect destination wedding

Caboose Farm and their manager/staff were amazing. While we did not actually have the wedding at the event barn (which is amazing), we did host a lunch in the upstairs bar area the day after the wedding. They have an amazing caterer who is super friendly and flexible. Her food was so delicious and presentation was perfect. We stayed at the Washington House next to the event barn which held so many of our guests (16 people). The 7 bedrooms, 4 full baths and 2 '1/2 baths' were so convenient. One bedroom and bath is handicap accessible. In fact, the whole area (house, event barn, upstairs bar area) are all handicap accessible. Everything is upgraded including appliances, plumbing, heat/ac. Such a wonderful view and plenty of relaxation areas. Swings, fire pit, patio ~ couldn't ask for more. Toys for little ones. The staff checked in regularly and we so appreciated the conversations. You will never go wrong with checking them out for your wedding weekend ~ after all, weddings should not be just a few hours, they should be a family/friends get-away to relax, enjoy and recapture the happy moments. Make Caboose Farm your destination wedding even it's just a few hours from home ~ you'll be transformed.

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Haleigh

Haleigh · Getting married on 09/19/2020

Amazing spot, even better staff

This was the first venue we saw, and ended up being the only one. We fell in love with the the setting, the reception area, and the fact that family and friends can stay on the property. The fact that we get the farm for the entire weekend is exactly what I was looking for for our wedding. Cherry on top is Colby, the property manager. He could not be more friendly or more accommodating. Answering all questions, providing all options, and overall making us comfortable and beyond excited for our wedding next September.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Ben and Brittanie · Getting married on 12/29/2019

Fantastic Spot!

Colby and his staff were incredible. We had our rehearsal dinner on Caboose Farms but booked all the houses out. Wedding venue (Thorpewood) was right down the road and made it a perfect spot to keep all the family and wedding party! We’re already planning our next family reunion up there. Thanks again Colby!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Nancy Spangler · Getting married on 10/12/2019

Loved our stay m

Our stay was perfect. The house and location are beautiful and check-in/out were very easy. It was very clean and bright and beds were comfortable! I would definitely stay again.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Caiti · Married on 09/13/2019

Colby was amazing!

Everything was great. I’m jealous my brother found this venue and this staff before I was able to get married lol. They’re all very nice and easy going and dealt with our fun group amazingly.

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • Kayla

Kayla Miller · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Caboose Farm alone is breathtaking, and all of our guests were blown away with the scenery. The staff at Caboose Farm were more than helpful and flexible, they were always two steps ahead of me and made sure I was as relaxed as possible during the entire day of. They made sure I had everything I needed and went above and beyond to ensure I did not have to do anything besides enjoy my day!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Laura · Married on 09/06/2019

Caboose Farms-Eisenhower House

The house was clean and spacious! We enjoyed our stay and the farm was beautiful! Colby was very responsive and helpful!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Ginell Walkes · Married on 09/01/2019

Weekend Wedding at Caboose Farm

My wife and I booked a weekend (and two extra days) at Caboose Farm to lead up to and to celebrate our wedding Sunday, 9/1/19. We cannot stop wanting to go back to the memories we captured at the Washington House. It perfectly housed our 10 guests and the ceremony was so beautiful, using space on the property. Colby Stouffer was helpful, flexible and a huge part in making the weekend a success. We are a same-sex couple and that never appeared to impact his service, kindness or courtesy towards us! We are thinking about coming back for a family reunion one year! I would definitely recommend a trip to Caboose Farm.

Sent on 09/10/2019
    Caboose Farm 14

Ali Fraenkel · Married on 08/17/2019

A place where the guests feel as special as the main occasion! :)

Our group of almost 200 family, friends, and extended community felt right at home during a full week at Caboose Farm for a wedding extravaganza.

The delights of nature were abundant; the staff across all aspects of the property were 110% caring, thoughtful, and EXCELLENT at their craft (cuisine, hospitality, house maintenance, property management, etc.).. the food was delicious with a super kind catering staff; and the land was cared for with a careful eye for everything feeling breezy and magical... I truly couldn't imagine a better place to experience the love of dear friends and the possibility to enjoy community in a natural setting. Absolutely recommend making use of the gorgeous land surrounding every bit of the main property.

Anywho... as a guest, I am already imagining what future events I can host at Caboose -- it's a place where guests feel as special as the main occasion!

Extra thank you to Colby, the property aficionado & go-to gatekeeper of goodness, who was a true champion of resourcefulness, kindness, and going 100 extra miles to make things special and everyone cared for. You and your team know how to make an experience feel easy and magical from a guests perspective! We will remember our week at Caboose for a lifetime!!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Marc

Marc Levine · Married on 08/17/2019

Absolutely amazing, full and complete endorsement!

Our son was married at Caboose Farm last weekend and it was an incredible experience, from the start of the planning process months ago through the day of the wedding ceremony. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful, Monica the chef is superb and Colby Stouffer, manager, is incredibly easy to work with, flexible, competent, generous and an all around nice guy. if you want a wedding in a beautiful rural setting, look no further than Caboose Farm!!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Chander

Chander Raman · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing/Magical venue and outstanding staff

Our daughter and her fiance's dream wedding was to be in an outdoor venue that had trees, water and a large open area where their friends can meander and interact with each other. After a visit to Caboose Farm last Fall and a meeting/tour with its manager, Mr. Colby Stouffer, they knew it was going to be the place. Needless, to say Caboose farm met and far exceeded every expectation. The wedding celebration was kicked off with a four day Appalachian trail hike that began south of the farm and ended at the farm. Importantly, the location of the farm was perfect for all the hikers making an entry straight from the trail, which was truly amazing. Very importantly, Colby and his staff were absolutely outstanding in making sure that everything was just perfect. Colby was very resourceful, we never heard him say that something was not possible. We four parents (Bride's and Groom's) truly believe that Colby made the event perfect and magical for all. The whole event lasted several days and without exception all of guests, many traveling from different parts of the world, stated that it was a wedding unlike any other. An event so special, that they will remember forever!!! Our daughter and her fiance planned their wedding with dream and vision, Caboose farm and Colby help them achieve it! Thank you Colby and all staff members, Chander and Patrizia

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Patrizia

Patrizia De Sarno · Married on 08/17/2019

Excellent management

Colby, the manager , is extremely helpful and resourceful in making everything happen.

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Caboose Farm 15

Elizabet · Married on 06/23/2019

A gem of a venue

Unfortunately, after months of planning, our daughter's wedding was called off just days before. Colby was a champ through the whole process but at the end showed genuine kindness and professionalism. Caboose Farm was by far the nicest venue we toured with many location options throughout the property, I have no doubt that it would of been a beautiful wedding. Being out of state, most of our decisions and details were handled via email and Colby was always quick to reply and knowledgable. He never lost patience with all of our chaos and in the end, I would call him a friend. I would without hesitation recommend Caboose Farm for any event, and wish them much success for years to come!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie Clark · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing venue with so many options

Caboose Farm was such an incredible venue to host my wedding at! The houses on site available for rent were so convenient as most of our party was from out of the state. There were so many options for ceremony locations and the reception venue had plenty of space so guests could choose to dance, get fresh air on the deck, or hang out away from the music in the bar/lounge area. I loved how much the venue had to offer. The staff helped set up the ceremony and reception, transport guests to and from the ceremony location, transport gifts/alcohol/desserts to the rental house after the reception, and cleaned up after! I tried not to bother Colby too much but must have emailed him 20 different times asking random questions or adding/removing rental houses and he was very responsive and helpful. On the day, the staff was amazing! Colby brought the wedding party a little tray of food from the cocktail hour while were taking photos after the ceremony. The food from the in-house caterer was amazing as well! I received so many compliments on the ceremony, reception, and food from all of my guests!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Caboose Farm 22
  • Laura

Laura Carroll · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing and unforgettable!

As mother of the bride, I knew this would be our venue from the moment we toured it. Each and every aspect of our experience from the tour, to working with the staff and staying on the property was the epitome of professionalism and grace. The staff, including the conductor, the reception staff, and the caterer, knew exactly how to run the show and made sure we had everything we needed. They made the weekend easy and enjoyable for our entire family. They dotted every “i” and crossed every “t,” including any that I forgot. Delicious food, plenty of space for our guests, and beautiful venue! Best wedding, and best day ever!

Sent on 06/11/2019
    Caboose Farm 23
    Caboose Farm 24
  • Chris

Chris Carroll · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful Experience !

Great venue for my daughters wedding. Staff is very responsive and friendly. Working with Colby from the start to finish was seamless, attentive, and professional. Staff and venue were well beyond our expectations. Highly recommend for a wedding or any event.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Stefanie · Married on 06/08/2019

Best day ever

Colby and Monica were an absolute dream to work with to create the wedding we always imagined. They both went above and beyond to make sure that our day was perfect and fun. They were so good that my bridesmaids were asking if they can steal Colby and Monica for their own wedding day haha. It really shows on your wedding day that they care so much and have fun doing what they love.

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Carol

Carol Crockett · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely Fantastic!

We were at The Caboose Farm for our son's wedding, which was beautiful.
    The Jefferson house where we stayed was an old house that had been wonderfully refurbished and the ones we visited were as well. The top of the hill was a beautiful place for the ceremony and for photos. The lawns were perfectly manicured and Colby was there to meet every need, he was helpful, professional, and very diplomatic! And the golf cart that he chauffeured us around in was big, clean, and comfy! The reception area was just fantastic, plenty of room for dinner and dancing without crowding. The staff and bartenders were very friendly and helpful too.
    The Jefferson House is a 3 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms. There are 2 bedrooms on the 2nd floor and 1 on the 3rd floor, none of which has a closet. Both bathrooms are on the first floor.
    The only thing I would recommend to any future guest of The Jefferson House would be to bring a hook that hangs over a door (I left a couple at the Jefferson) to hang a dress or a tux. There are no closets and no place to hang clothes to keep them wrinkle-free. Also there should be a full length mirror for guests who are dressing for a wedding, the only mirrors are in the bathrooms and they were the medicine cabinet mirrors. Made it very hard for the ladies to put makeup on or view themselves prior to a ceremony.
    Hopefully they got the hot water working again, we had no hot water on the day of the wedding.
    That being said, I would recommend The Caboose Farm to anyone looking for the perfect venue for a wedding!

Sent on 06/15/2019
    Caboose Farm 25
    Caboose Farm 26
  • Alex

Alex Tran · Married on 06/04/2019

Great Experience All Around

Beautiful venue, with comfortable feel, and very clean. The staff and managers are super resourceful, and will do everything they can to make your experience as nice as possible!

• Shelby

Shelby Coppolino · Married on 05/04/2019

Excellent Venue!

Caboose Farm is an amazing venue. Colby is great to work with. What I love most about Caboose Farm is that you can truly customize and make your wedding 100% unique. I loved that I had a lot of time to set-up for the big event!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Leila Ae · Married on 04/08/2019

Courteous and Amenable

I was overwhelmed with the level of cooperation from this magical venue. The were extremely accommodating, both ethically and regarding my wheelchair lifestyle. The service was polite and very enthusiastic to help me make the most of my big day, the amenities were endless! Plenty of surprises in store on this vast area of land.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Jordan · Married on 03/31/2019

Thanks Caboose Farms!

Caboose Farms is a beautiful site!

Daniel Chen · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing Establishment

We had an amazing stay, the homes were lovely!