C & A Event Planning Reviews

C & A Event Planning 5
C & A Event Planning 6
C & A Event Planning 7

Jennifer Tagatac · Married on 07/06/2019

Dream Team to Work With!!!!

I cannot give enough praise to the C&A Event team! We felt 100% confident in the hands of Kathy and Ashley. They provided the beautiful floral arrangements for our wedding and reception as well as exceptional wedding coordination services. Ashley really understood our aesthetic and the decor was everything we wanted! They knew the ins and outs of our venue and were 100% responsive leading up to the big event. We couldn't have done it without them!!!

Sent on 07/21/2019
    C & A Event Planning 8
    C & A Event Planning 9
    C & A Event Planning 10
    C & A Event Planning 11

Cragan · Married on 05/11/2019

Highly Recommend!

Working with Ashley and her mother was absolutely wonderful! Ashley was full of ideas to helps us achieve the perfect floral designs all while staying within our budget. She was organized and readily available during the planning process. Her mother, Cathy, was just as lovely to work with! They both made sure everything was exactly the way we envisioned, and it ended up being everything we hoped for and more! We couldn’t be happier to have worked with C & A Event Planning!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Megan · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful flowers and so easy to work with

Ashley was so great to work with and the flowers were beautiful. She helped me come up with creative solutions to stick to my budget and still have a beautiful wedding. The flowers were dropped off early and that made it so easy to have pictures before the wedding.

Sent on 10/21/2018
    C & A Event Planning 12

Jessica · Married on 08/11/2018

We used C & A Event Planning for site design, day of coordination and floral design. I can’t say enough good things about Ashley and Cathy! Without them, I don’t think we would have been able to pull off our outdoor wedding! We were not your typical couple or venue. Our wedding location was on my in-law’s property, and we were planning an outdoor ceremony under the pine trees with reception under a tent. We also had a 5.5-month-old, so I knew that I couldn’t do all the planning by myself with a baby! Ashley & Cathy met with us onsite early on in the planning and helped flesh out site layout and design. Over the course of many months of planning, Ashley kept me organized, on track and provided guidance while choosing my vendors, etc.
    For florals, my father in law grows dahlias that we wanted to use as part of our arrangements. Ashley & Cathy worked with me to come up with arrangements that utilized the dahlias and also pulled together the rustic country theme I was looking for. They came to our site the day before to cut the fresh flowers and arranged everything on site in order to ensure that the arrangements were fresh for our big day. My father in law also had a spectacular lily that just bloomed the day before our wedding, so he offered it to them to include in my bouquet. They pulled off one of the most stunning floral arrangements I could imagine (our photographer even commented on how beautiful it was!). Cathy went above and beyond when decorating under the tent as well – she used every last bit of greenery she had and decorated our pallet bar and other finishing touches that weren’t even included in our floral contract.
    As for the day of coordination… again, I don’t think I could have ever pulled off my vision without Ashley and Cathy. When we woke up on the day of our wedding it was gray and pouring rain. Ashley and Cathy remained calm and got to work in decorating the tent and ceremony site. They were ready to use plan B (everything under the tent) if the weather didn’t cooperate. However, the weather miraculously shifted and the day ended up being beautiful and sunny just in time for the 4 pm outdoor ceremony under the pines. Ashley and Cathy worked all day in the messy weather preparing the site and then continued to help ensure the ceremony and reception ran smoothly. We had so many compliments from guests on how beautiful everything looked and how smoothly everything went. I can’t thank Ashley and Cathy enough for helping to bring the vision I had for my wedding day to life. It was a magical day!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Morgan · Married on 07/07/2018

When selecting a florist I wanted someone who could make an elegant, yet rustic bridal bouquet. Seeing the art of C & A Event Planning, they were the obvious choice. From beginning to end, C & A Event Planning did a fabulous job. Ashley took her time to speak with me and hear my wedding day vision. The flowers she helped me choose tied together my whole theme! Even when I needed to change something, she was approachable, flexible, and professional - always helping me to achieve the look I had imagined. On the day of my wedding, her mother and father set up all the flowers and they were just lovely! Their florals provided the perfect finishing touch for the ceremony and reception.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Hope · Married on 06/23/2018

We had the amazing pleasure of working with Ashley and Cathy this past June 2018, and their hard work and attention to detail was a huge reason why our wedding was such a success! We were relying on our family for a lot of support in the planning process, but we knew that as the wedding approached we did not want our family to be stressed out on the big day- that’s where Ashley and Cathy came in! From the moment we started working with them, Ashley and Cathy were kind, patient, creative, and professional about every detail. We met with Cathy several months before the wedding to go over details, and she put our minds at ease as she shared her wisdom and knowledge from her almost 30 years in the event industry! We had several phone conversations with Ashley throughout the whole process, and she made a huge effort to learn about and understand our aesthetic and vision for the day- which she executed perfectly in ways that were better than we could have ever imagined. In addition to being available and responsive to all of our ideas, questions, and concerns leading up to the wedding, Ashley and Cathy came out to our venue the day before to go over any last-minute details and rehearsals. Again, they put our minds at ease as they handled all of our anxiety-driven questions and concerns with the utmost patience, organization, and attention to detail. On the day of the wedding, Ashley and Cathy handled everything from directing guests, managing the catering staff, setting up table decorations, and facilitating the timeline of the ceremony and reception. We did not have to worry or stress about a single thing the whole day! And if any of us had a question or concern, Ashley and Cathy were there to handle it in a way that appeared effortless! They truly were wonderful to work with from start to finish, and I would recommend their services to anyone looking for wedding coordinators who are fun, kind, patient, creative, passionate, talented, and organized!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Grace · Married on 10/14/2017

Ashley and Cathy were so great to work with for our wedding. Our main communication and planning was with Ashley. From the beginning, she was personable, friendly, and put our minds at ease in the day-of coordination of our wedding. Our wedding wasn’t “traditional” in that we hosted it on our own property. Ashley never hesitated with any of the planning and was full of referrals when we didn’t know where to look. It was great to have a friendly and professional team there to work our wedding day. They went above and beyond when another vendor we paid extra to do extra work, slacked off the day of the wedding. She didn’t bother us with these details during our wedding, she just handled it on her own so we could just enjoy our day! She sent a follow up e-mail after the wedding where we were able to handle the situation appropriately. Ashley and her mom Cathy were so great! We’re still receiving compliments on how smoothly our day ran and how it was the best organized wedding people had been to – and we have Ashley and Cathy to thank for that!

Sent on 08/02/2018
    C & A Event Planning 13
    C & A Event Planning 14
    C & A Event Planning 15
    C & A Event Planning 16

Amy · Married on 09/09/2017

I would give 10 stars if I could - we love these two....what an awesome team, and so easy and fun to work with. THANK YOU C&A for helping us create our magical wedding day. You are simply the best!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Gabrielle · Married on 07/29/2017

The best decisions we made planning our wedding was hiring C&A as both our wedding planner and florist. First I have to say i was so happy with how smoothly everything went from the beginning. Our planner Ashley was amazing - so flexible and accommodating - just an absolute pleasure to work with. She was always on top of everything, took care of all the details and made sure we were never stressed about anything. Every vendor and service she suggested were top notch and made the day incredibly memorable for us. Our family and friends could not stop raving about how smoothly the wedding flowed. During the actual planning process Ashley was so calm and on top of all our ideas and suggestions - always listening and absorbing before making any recommendations or decisions. C&A was extraordinarily thoughtful and professional juggling all the opinions and voices involved in planning and making the wedding come to life. The flowers put together by C&A were absolutely breathtaking as well. Once i described my vision to Ashley the design she came up with far surpassed what i had ever imagine. The quality and attention to detail was extraordinary from the bouquets to the table settings. They also put together the most beautiful greenery that was so lush and fresh and truly brought the internal space to life. We couldn't recommend them more for anyones wedding day!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2017

We utilized C & A for day of wedding coordination and florals. I can't recommend them enough for both services! For wedding coordination, Ashley would email me weekly checking in and sent reminders for things that needed to be done. Whenever I had questions or concerns, Ashley would respond promptly with answers and solutions. However silly I felt asking a question, she was helpful. We did a walk through, which helped with a lot of logistics I didn't even think of. They offered suggestions based on their previous experiences with the venue. The day before they came to rehearsal, and though I was stressed out, they reminded me to breathe, relax, and they'd handle the rest. This is exactly what I needed! The day of they came for set up (everything was exactly how I envisioned it), their attention to detail is impeccable. Everything seemed to run smoothly, and if any hiccups happened, they handled it! For florals, I sent Ashley some pins from Pinterest with bouquets and centerpieces that I liked. I also sent her my bridesmaid's dresses because they were floral and I wanted to compliment them. Based on those, Ashley sent me some flowers, which were perfect. She included snapdragons, which brought back childhood memories and I would have never thought of including. The florals in person were more beautiful than what I had pinned and imagined. We received so many compliments on the centerpieces, floral crowns, bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages. I was hesitant a first to hire a wedding coordinator, but honestly, I don't know what I would have done without C &A! We appreciate how they made our day everything we wanted it to be!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2016

We used C & A Event Planning for flower services for our fall wedding in Owego, NY. My favorite thing about working with C & A Event Planning was their creative vision and attention to detail. After meeting with them and explaining the look and feel for my wedding day, they put together some beautiful options for flowers. I did not want flowers that were too "traditional" or "cookie cutter." They assembled a combination of flowers that were absolutely stunning. We received so many compliments on the centerpieces, floral crowns, bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages. Working with C & A Event Planing was so smooth. I appreciated their clear and open communication as they addressed all of my questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend their floral services. Thank you!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Heather · Married on 07/16/2016

There is so much to say about this mother-daughter duo and what they did for us that I simply can't express in a limited review. My only regret in my entire wedding was not finding them sooner to help me plan. We utilized Ashley and Cathy's services for wedding coordination (incl. day of setup) as well as floral decor. We will also be working together soon, I hope, regarding wedding blog submission once my photos are in!

The coordination that they provided was absolutely worth every penny! They were so accommodating and helpful considering being an out of town bride and helped me with pulling all my prior planning together and making sure the day ran smoothly. The owner of our venue turned out to be a very unprofessional person last minute leading up to the wedding (very much so just a week before!) and tried very hard to NOT work with C&A out of his pride and ego issues, but both of them remained professional themselves and helped me get through the various issues with the venue owner, taking care of things so I would not have to stress so much over the problems. They were like guardian angels to making sure my now husband and I had a perfect day no matter what the venue owner tried to do and our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect thanks to the both of them!! They also helped tremendously with the logistics of decor drop off and did the day of setup, which was amazing and I am still so thankful for! I couldn't have pulled all that off without them :)

As for the florals, they were breathtaking and beautiful. The greenery was exactly as I imagined it and the flowers utilized throughout the decor fit perfectly with our colors and theme. I LOVED my flower crown and it lasted all evening! Everything was presented to us in a visual estimate utilizing pinterest photos that I found floral inspiration in, which was super helpful.

I would work with C&A again in a heartbeat and I would absolutely recommend their services!!!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Caitlin · Married on 05/07/2016

We were referred to C & A by our vendor. My husband and I were blown away by the professionalism and kindness from both Ashley and Cathy! Our whole experience with them was wonderful. Ashley was extremely quick to respond to all my emails and questions. Her invoices were incredibly easy! We used them primarily for florals. They were beautiful and lasted for about a week after our big day! I even still have my bouquet drying beautifully! Even though we were from Albany and didn't get to meet Ashley or Cathy before our big day, it didn't make a difference. We were so happy to work with an amazing duo!

Sent on 05/27/2016

We used C & A Event Planning for both flowers and day-of coordination. The flowers were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. Ashley worked with me to help me identify flowers based on my Pinterest posts and gave me several different price options. The result truly captured the theme I had in mind. I loved my bouquet!

As our day-of coordinators, C & A also did all of the set up for our event. I basically just threw a bunch of decorations at them the night before and crossed my fingers. They did a fantastic job! The decor was one of my highlights of the wedding. Ashley also did a great job running our rehearsal. We had a friend officiating the wedding and no clue what to do. Ashley took charge and definitely made me more relaxed. C & A exceeded our expectations! Great team!

Sent on 08/13/2015

It’s hard to describe how blessed we were to have C & A Event Planning help us with our wedding. Cathy and Ashley are genuine, caring people… which leads us to how our story begins. C & A Event Planning offered their services in a charity event after the passing of my mother (bride). At the time, my husband’s mother was facing terminal illness and knowing that she might not be there to help us plan, she put every single raffle ticket she bought that day into winning C & A’s services. They say that all things happen for a reason, and that is why I am convinced that my mother-in-law’s winning ticket was drawn. Less than a year later, my husband lost his beloved mother, and even the thought of planning a wedding without our mothers seemed impossible.
    It is for this reason that we will forever be indebted to Ashley and Cathy for helping us put together the wedding of a lifetime. Despite our losses, we enjoyed every minute of planning our wedding with C & A. They are professional, passionate, and relentless in their efforts to make your dreams come true. Right from the start Ashley would contact us to ensure we were making progress. Along the way we had several meetings and they made sure to touch base with all of our vendors so that everyone was on the same page. Moreover, we contracted C & A to do our flower arrangements which were more beautiful that we could have ever imagined. On the day of the wedding Ashley was there from start to finish making sure that everything went off without a hitch.
    We are forever grateful to C & A for offering their services to us. Thank you for giving us a wedding experience free of stress and worry, and one that we know in our hearts made our mothers proud.

Sent on 08/29/2014
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 06/23/2012

Cathy and Ashley make such a great team. We are so glad that we booked them. Our wedding day was so stress-free and relaxed. They helped with so much and they were very professional!!

Sent on 09/01/2012

Meg · Married on 02/18/2012

Ashley and Cathy were excellent wedding coordinators. They were helpful in every sense of the word. Prior to the wedding, Cathy met up with me early in the week to take a number of items and the diagrams for the seating chart, that was extremely helpful and helped to space things out, so not EVERYTHING was coming together at once the day before or the day of the wedding. As the day approached, I received texts from Ashley asking how things were (she was not present the day of due to bed rest, but the texts were still helpful in proving her presence throughout the week and the big day).

The night of the rehearsal went smoothly. Cathy and her other assistant met me at the church about 1-2 hours before the wedding and helped to coordinate the last minute vendors (flowers etc). Cathy also did an excellent job shielding me from the fact that our florist did not arrive until about 10 minutes before the ceremony. Throughout the rest of the day, she was extremely helpful and did her best to alleviate any issues that would arrive. I would definitely recommend C&A Event Planning to any friends!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Sara · Married on 11/05/2011

We thought C&A Event planning did an outstanding job! Ashley was a true professional. They were detail orientated, prompt, and went out of their way to make sure things ran smoothly for my husband, myself and all of our guests on our wedding day. I felt more relaxed just knowing C&A was there with us!

Sent on 07/21/2012

Allison · Married on 10/15/2011

Having Ashley coordinating our wedding allowed Brad and I to experience every part of our wedding day without worrying about anything. We could not have done it without her! She spent hours organizing our decor and overseeing the vendor setup to ensure it was flawless. She took care of practically every detail and executed it exactly the way we had hoped. We both felt confident knowing Ashley was in control; we were able to fully enjoy our day and our guests without a worry!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Samantha · Married on 08/13/2011

I used C & A events to cordinate my wedding and they were fabulous! They helped make my wedding everything that I wanted! Thanks to them my husband, family, and I were all able to just enjoy the wedding instead of worrying about details. They did the most amazing job and are the nicest people you can work with. They literally think of everything and make sure that you are prepared for everything. They worked with all my vendors to get them all cordinated for the big day and I didn't have to do anything but enjoy my wedding. I highly recommend everyone to use them and it is worth every penny!...

Sent on 05/16/2012

Michelle · Married on 07/09/2011

Cathy and Ashley are a perfect duo! They provided an excellent service for one of the most important days in my life, they are extremly professional and remember every single detail from big to small, if you need it, they remembered it! My day was perfect because of them and I couldn't have done it without them! I highly recommend checking them out for your big day!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Katie · Married on 05/21/2011

C&A Event Planning did an amazing job with my wedding. Everything ran smoothly and they were very professional. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Caitlin · Married on 09/04/2010

Ashley and Cathy are amazing!
    They take care of everything and are wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 10/16/2010
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/23/2017

We used C & A Event Planning for day-of coordination and florals. Ashley was always extremely responsive to my emails and very helpful. In the beginning of the process, she would check in every now and then to see where I was at and to give vendor recommendations, which was nice. In December, we decided to move our date up almost an entire year and it wasn't a problem at all (other than us making sure we chose a date they were available for)! Ashley went right into it to make sure we were on track with our new date.

The week before the wedding, she independently contacted all of my vendors to check in with them and make sure we were all on the same page. All the mundane, trivial information I emailed her or put in our shared Google folder had been read and formatted nicely. I never had a doubt that she knew what my vision was and how everything would work together.

The day of could not have gone smoother. The hiccups that I was aware of (somehow we managed to lose the table numbers and some votives, oh well!) were small and Cathy & Ashley figured out solutions quickly. We were barely ever bothered by them during the day so we were able to enjoy our wedding, which in the end is what we hired them for!

The florals were absolutely beautiful and exactly what I imagined. Our color scheme was "colorful" which I was afraid would backfire but everything was so cohesive and gorgeous!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Erin · Married on 06/09/2018

3.0

Ashley was great! I wanted to make some edits to my bouquet morning of and she immediately made them for me. Everyone loved the bouquets!

Sent on 07/30/2018