Brides for a Cause Reviews

Brides for a Cause 5
Brides for a Cause 6
Brides for a Cause 7

Sandy · Married on 08/13/2016

I am from out of town and went there alone to see wedding dresses options. I was greeted by an adorable lady who explained how everything was arranged and helped out with trying the dresses on. I am a size 18 and was concerned that I would not find anything to my size but I was very surprised by the big choices they had - overall a great experience and where I bought my dress from.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Brides for a Cause caught my attention because half of their proceeds go to a good cause and they have wedding dresses at extreme discounts. The first thing I loved about this store is that there is ZERO PRESSURE from the associates- they make sure you understand the set-up and let you browse at your leisure, occasionally checking in to make sure you are getting along okay. I visited less than a week after getting engaged with the intention of working out what I was looking for in a dress, thinking I'd regularly return over the next few months in the hopes of finding something I loved. I found THE dress on my first visit, which was set to be marked down 50% the next day- they told me they could mark it down for me right then which I greatly appreciated. This brought the dress to 75% off the retail price. Three things to be aware of: 1) This is not a fancy boutique, so if you want glamor you prefer to go elsewhere. 2) Some of the dresses (mine included) need a little extra TLC from a seamstress. Given the amazing price, I'm completely okay with paying the seamstress to make the necessary fixes. 3) They only hold dresses for 24 hours. If you are indecisive this might add some extra stress in making your decision. I had my dress held for 24 hours and returned to buy it the next day-- 3 months later and 4 months until my wedding I have no regrets! If you are in the market for a wedding dress I highly recommend you go to Brides for a Cause and take some time to try on many dresses from their enormous supply.

Sent on 03/06/2015

Tiffany · Married on 09/22/2018

3.5

I walked into the Portland store by myself having no idea what to expect, and walked out with a dress I loved that I would never have considered at a bridal salon. Brides for a Cause was very responsive to my questions, and the vast majority of their selection is gently-used, top-notch and incredibly affordable. You may not get the privacy and individual attention that you might have at a private salon, but the saleswomen are still very helpful and reassuring - I felt more cared for and cared about than I had at two David's Bridals. Just be aware that they can only hold a dress for you for one day. Plus, they donate their proceeds to charity and you can donate your dress back to them for a tax writeoff after you're married! I can't recommend this place highly enough.

Sent on 03/04/2017

Rebekah · Married on 03/24/2018

I found my dress here! It was a designer dress originally priced at $1700 that I purchased for $200; what a steal! Even though I went on a Saturday, there was plenty of space for me and the three people I brought with me. The staff were professional, helpful, and clear with their direction to our party. I'm very pleased with my experience.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Victoria · Married on 01/07/2017

3.5

I visited twice with a month in a half break period, and I can tell you, there is always something new. On the second trip, I scouted out dresses and found one that I put on hold, then later I came back that day and bought it. There is lots to choose from! The even have veils, sleeve applications, belts, and bridesmaid dresses, with lots of variety! I visited multiple bridal stores and consignment shops, and BFAC let me wanting to come back! The only minus was that it's always changing, so if you like it, get it, because it won't be on the racks forever. Thank you ladies for what you do!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Nichole · Married on 09/04/2016

3.5

Great store. Beautiful, well priced designer dresses. Most were in very good if not new condition. As a plus size bride i was pleased to find a number of dresses i could try on. I ended up getting my dress elsewhere but did purchase accesories.
    Dont go on a hot day, theres no air conditioning. Its literally a warehouse, but a fancy one.
    Bring a friend to help you get dressed, the sales people are helpful but generally too busy to help you get zipped up or clamped in.
    I've recommended this store to a number of friends already.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Erin · Married on 12/05/2015

3.5

Large selection of gowns, I was able to find one fairly quickly, but smaller sizes are limited. They are able to offer a payment plan and always responded when I had any questions. My dress was shipped and delivered very quickly once paid off.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Katie · Married on 03/07/2015

3.0

I found my dream wedding dress here!!! After hours and hours of research and visiting several other bridal boutiques, both new and used...the second dress I tried on at Brides For A Cause fit my body perfectly and was exactly what I had been searching for. I was already teary-eyed after I looked in the mirror; it was when I saw the price tag that I almost fainted.... $150 dollars. I still can't believe it. I purchased my perfect wedding gown for next to nothing and supported a quality charitable organization at the same time. Wow. I still can't get over it. :) SO happy!!! Just a note of caution: we went in January and the warehouse style building was absolutely FREEZING. For $150 though, I really didn't care. :)

Sent on 03/18/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/25/2014

I found my wedding dress at Brides for a Cause. I wasn't expecting to find it the day I went in, I honestly just wanted to try on a bunch of dresses so that I would have a better idea of what I was looking for. Luckily, one of the dresses I tried on just clicked and the price point could be beat. The ladies working at the shop were very nice and helpful but stayed out of our hair which was nice. I would definitely recommend stopping by this shop if you are in the market for a wedding dress.

Sent on 11/15/2014

jordan · Married on 02/25/2017

3.0

i would tell them to save their money on buying a new dress and go to brides for a cause they have a pretty good size collection of dresses and the prices are so unbelievably cheap that i almost bought like 3 dresses. Also the lady's in there are so kind and so helpful. they were so aware of all the brides in their and answered all of our questions and gave advice to help choice between their amazing options. On top of all that a percentage of their proceeds go to charity.

Sent on 11/22/2016

My mom and I dropped by friday morning to find my dress, at first it was a bit difficult to find (look for the sandwich sign on the sidewalk!) But easy to find parking. When we walked in we were greeted by the shop owners who were attentive and helpful but also didnt hover while I tried on dresses which I greatly appreciated. I honestly dont like the whole boutique-working--on-commission-harrassment, so it was quite refreshing to look through the racks just with my mom. The dresses ARE usually used, so be prepared to tack on cleaning prices later, but I found a super gorgeous a-line gown for 150 dollars! They were so helpful in giving me a list of tailors and dress cleaners as well. Thanks for a wonderful experience!!

Sent on 03/11/2014

P · Married on 05/04/2019

Very happy that I have a daughter that loves to give to great causes and out of the 100's of dresses found the perfect one, for her day. Why overpay by 75% for just one day...........don't be a bridezilla, think smart.

Sent on 07/15/2018
  • Jonquil

Jonquil · Married on 05/28/2017

Highly recommend checking them out. I first went to a few bridal shops to get an idea of what type of dress I was looking for which I found VERY helpful. Then came here and found my perfect dress for a fraction of the cost of what it would be in a bridal shop. Sample designer dress that merely needed altered.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Leah · Married on 08/06/2016

3.0

Great selection of dresses and prices were reasonable. I couldn't believe I found the dress I had really been wanting from another retail shop. It's a difficult style to find in a resale shop, especially in my size! I'm having to do a little altering due to a little wear and tear on the dress from the pervious owner but it's not bad and at least I know my purchase went to help a good cause. I love to donate where and when I can.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Davina · Married on 05/03/2014

3.0

I found my dress at their charity event held in Tacoma, WA in February 2014. Although selections were limited for plus size brides, I was able to find my beautiful dress just under $300 and it was in great condition. I would recommend this event, not just because of what they have to offer, but because of the great cause they serve.

Sent on 05/10/2014

Saerom · Married on 09/24/2016

4.2

I found a never worn sample dress from Jasmine for $50! I was scared I wouldn't fall in love with any of these but I felt pretty and never wanted to take it off. If you don't want to spend a fortune on your dress definitely at least check this place out. You should go with two friends/family to have them help you find dresses and get in and out of dresses, but it's not a place you want to take ALL your bridal party. Considering everything else in a wedding is so much more expensive than you think, it's a huge weight off my shoulders to find such an affordable dress. And it's helping a good cause so win-win.

Sent on 06/25/2016

3.5

Brides for a Cause is a great organization, and I loved finding a dress that would help other brides have a beautiful wedding. I went to one of their road shows, so the selection of dresses in my size was very small, but ultimately I found a dress I loved in a larger size. Since the dress was such a great value, I didn't mind paying extra for alterations. The experience itself was great. Everyone who was working seemed to really want to help you find your perfect dress and they made the most of their temporary set-up (since it was a road show). The only downside was I also bought a veil through them and didn't notice it had a hole in it until I got it home.

Sent on 04/27/2014
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 08/26/2017

3.5

Only took me two visits to find my dress, they have a great variety... Really something for every bride :) incredible prices though I did go in on the anniversary sale, so it was pretty busy and one of the consultants was trying to rush me from the room. Luckily it only took me 30 minutes to find the one :)

Sent on 11/01/2016

3.6
      3.0

It was a warehouse full of dresses that women were clamoring over, nothing fancy at all. That said, I scored a BEAUTIFUL gown as a reasonable price (got it for $400, when it was originally more $1300). That said, $400 for a used dress is still expensive in my book. But, it's for a good cause :)

Sent on 08/28/2014

3.2
      1.0
      3.0

Brides for a Cause was the only place I went to to buy a dress. They had a large selection organized by price, which made it easy for me not to extend my budget. Overall I was pleased with the quality and variety of dresses, and of course, you couldn't beat the price. It was self-serve, so there was no tough sell by a salesperson. That being said, there was absolutely no assistance and I was treated vaguely with annoyance, like I was only there to play dress-up. I do look younger than I am, but I was there with intention and bought a dress that day. Also, when I went there was no AC, and on a hot summer day their warehouse was a sauna. In short, I was very pleased with my dress, not so pleased with the shopping experience.

Sent on 09/20/2015

2.2
      1.5
      2.5
      2.0

This store was a very different experience than I was expecting. I was very underwhelmed.
    While there prices are amazing and there cause is worthwhile, the set up and assistance is a little lack-luster.
    The store was in a garage, which was chilly the day we went, and you just pick through a lot of plastic bags stuffed with white gowns. It is very hard to tell what the dresses are on the hangers, and the staf was not very helpful, but they did give you free roam to peruse all of the gowns.

After selecting a few to try on, the fitting rooms were not very private and once you get into the gowns and examine them they are dirty, worn and full of holes.

I fell in love with a gown here, but it would need so much alteration and restoration, that it wasn't worth the purchase, even at the discount.

Great prices, but the products could be steamed, pressed and repaired before stocking them for purchase.
    I guess you get what you pay for. But at that price you could still get a new quality product off the rack or on sale at a David's Bridal.

I love that they are a non profit, but they could put a little more effort into their store.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Lindsey · Married on 06/08/2014

0.0

Went to their charity dress show in San Diego this weekend and it was HORRIBLE!!! They hardly had any dresses. Not the thousands as their website states. The dresses were out of date, torn, very dirty, and just overall gross. When I told a lady that the dress was torn she said, oh, well you can get that fixed . I was so mad that I wasted my time and my families time to go there. Very disappointed and the staff should be embarrassed to sell dresses in that condition.

Sent on 11/16/2013