Brides for a Cause Reviews

Brides for a Cause 6
Brides for a Cause 7
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 01/27/2018

If I could put a sixth star under value I would! I found an amazing dress for a phenomenal price, and I feel so much better knowing that the money I spent will do some good in the world. I felt like there were a range of styles to try on, and was lucky enough to find the perfect dress for me! The dress I found only needs minor alterations, which would have been the case no matter where I found a dress. We went on a Saturday, and at no point did I feel rushed or pressured to buy anything. I highly recommend going to Brides for a Cause.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Jill · Married on 12/30/2017

I loved everything about this place! The people were incredible and I absolutely loved the selection! I can't imagine getting my dress from anywhere else!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Stephanie · Married on 11/04/2017

Definitely check it out! I only planned to go to DB (David's Bridal) a few weeks ago just to see what styles i liked on. Well, it's an understatement to say they were packed! I think it was the last weekend of one of the $99 dress sale. Decided to go ahead and look at this place even though I had originally planned to go to the event in SeaTac at the end of the month.

Ever get a gut feeling that something certain was gonna happen when you went to do it? Well I felt that way about THE dress for me. Tried on less than 5 (not a large selection yet for us brides over a size 14) and found it. I love how it looks and so far no big issues other than needs the back swapped to a corset, hem and double check the bussle. So pleased by the gals who worked there and were very supportive of style.

Their on site independent seamstress that day put my nerves at ease for all alterations. Cannot wait to work with Katie for those!

Oh and I got a sample dress for $300 which had a retail tag for $1500. Score there as I wanted to allocate as much funds to other things.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Rebekah · Married on 10/07/2017

I had originally bought my dress online, it was a designer knock off that I could afford. Big mistake, HUGE. It fit me well, but was falling apart. There was no way I could wear that on my wedding day. I went to Brides for a Cause in Tacoma this last weekend and was blown away. My only criticism is that they make it seem like the dresses are completely clean on their website, whereas in real life there was makeup galore on some of these gowns. That could be from getting tried on at the boutique though. I tried on about 15 dresses, none priced higher than $800! I went to DAVID'S BRIDAL and couldn't find a better value. I ended up with the PERFECT dress that fit me like a glove. It was well within my budget and made me cry tears of joy. I can't wait to wear this dress on my big day, thank you so much Brides for a Cause!!!!

Sent on 04/11/2017
  • Q

Quincie · Married on 10/06/2017

This was the perfect place to go dress shopping. It was the very first place I went to and I found my dress in just a couple of tries. My dress was originally $1680 and I got it for $360!! I highly recommend it.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Meredith · Married on 09/30/2017

I had a wonderful experience at this sweet boutique and I was lucky enough to find my dream dress here! For being a discount bridal like shop, I was much more impressed with the airy and dreamy environment and kind staff than any other local upscale boutique that I visited in search of my dress. Each gal working was so sweet and genuine, and they perfectly walked the line of being helpful, and also respecting my time with my mom and future mother-in-law. To top it off, much of the money that I spent on my dress goes back to helping girls and women in our community. My dress needs a little bit of love, but nothing that a good seamstress can't help adjust, and the dress is truly one in a million. I'd highly recommend this shop for any bride-to-be! I waltzed away swooning!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Desiree · Married on 09/16/2017

I went in twice. The first time it was crazy busy because it was the bridal show weekend. The attendants were still super helpful. Went back the next day to try the dress back on again in a calmer setting (not so many couple) and this time the owner helped me. She equally was fantastic and all in all the experience was perfect!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Myranda · Married on 09/09/2017

I bought my wedding dress from here and couldn't have been happier! I went to their new location on Division and though the store is small, they do a great job of helping you out quickly and efficiently! I fell in love with my dress, and the staff was super helpful. Also, best prices you could ever ask for!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Robin · Married on 09/03/2017

They helped me find a beautiful gown in my price range. They were so friendly and helpful! They let me try on as many dresses as I wanted and were genuinely excited for me!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/12/2017

I absolutely loved the ladies at brides for a cause Portland. I forget the lady's name who helped me but she was incredible! I enjoyed my experience there and unexpectedly walked out with the 3rd dress I tried on!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Suvi · Married on 07/31/2017

Super nice staff, lots of dresses to try on, and so great to support good causes!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Melissa · Married on 07/29/2017

I had an amazing experience at Brides for a Cause! My group and I arrived when they first opened on a Sunday morning. We were the only ones in the store for most of our time there. The ladies working there were extremely helpful and they also gave us our time and privacy. I was able to get an amazingly beautiful dress for half the price!

See just how perfect my dress was here: http://www.elegantlycountry.com/save-money-on-your-wedding-day/

Sent on 02/01/2018
    Brides for a Cause 8
    Brides for a Cause 9

Ryan & Teela · Married on 07/23/2017

I bought my wedding dress here yesterday and I am so happy with my shopping experience! The customer service was so friendly, the selection was great and the prices were outstanding! Beautiful designer dresses at a fraction of the cost! I definitely recommend that everyone stops here before going elsewhere!

Sent on 03/17/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/22/2017

I drove down from Seattle to attend their Anniversary sale and immediately loved the atmosphere. This was the first shop I went to for dresses and I am glad I made the trip!
    All the dresses are on racks by size and they suggest you look at a few sizes past your regular size since it can be easy to take in (I fit great in a size 6 dress, but my final choice that fit "almost" perfect was a size 14). They have a large variety of different styles of dresses, which makes it easy for anyone to find one. They even have a rack of bridesmaid dresses and some sashes and other accessories.
    Since it was somewhat busy, we were able to take 3-4 dresses in a room at a time. There are huge mirrors all around the fitting area/rooms and one of the staff even brought me a hand mirror at one point to see the back of my dress. All of the staff was very friendly, and Sana even helped find me a few dresses to try on that were similar to what I wanted. A few of the staff, including the founder, Erin, even helped me when I asked about changing the structure of one dress I liked. They also helped with some technical issues in a few dresses like zipping up and snapping pieces together.
    I ended up trying a few more after finding one I liked, and found a different style that I ended up loving. Originally the dress was about $2,000 and I was able to get it for $200 (listed as $250, 20% off for sale) and a free garment bag to take my dress home.
    I was very impressed with the experience and recommend it!

Sent on 10/15/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/08/2017

This was my first trip wedding dress shopping, and happily the only one needed! The ladies at Brides for A Cause were wonderful, and the shop has a great selection in a relaxed atmosphere. Not to mention I got a great deal on my dress. I would highly recommend those Tacoma store!

Sent on 02/10/2017

Kaileigh · Married on 07/07/2017

Love this place! Brides for a cause was the first and only place I went for my dress. The outside was a little deceiving, but once inside, they had hundreds of different styles to choose from. I found 3 dresses I loved, they allowed me to keep them on hold for 24 hours, I came back and made my decision. I worked with Sauna, and she was the perfect combination of laid back and helpful. She saw the look I was going for and she actually found the dress I ended up picking. PLEASE try this place first! You won't be let down.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Blake · Married on 07/07/2017

There is such a wide selection of dresses at Brides for a Cause! I literally filled my dressing room multiple times with dresses I loved. After the second visit, I found the PERFECT dress and it was from Kleinfeld! Tags still attached and never worn outside (only tried on in the store!). The price was a few hundred dollars over my budget, but Erin was able to reduce it for me to stay closer to my budget! I could've cried when she told me she would do that for me! The staff there are so friendly and they remembered me and my family! Both times I was there, they had a seamstress who gave us quotes for alterations. It was convenient to see how easy (or not so easy) it would be to fix the gown! They also have bridesmaid dresses (or dresses for the mother of the bride/groom) for $20, which have never been worn! I will definitely be taking my bridesmaids here to find their dresses for my wedding! I would recommend this shop to anyone!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/10/2017

I love this place. I got a beautiful dress that I never could have afforded otherwise. Not only that but I got my veil and 4 bridesmaids dresses for $300. The people were so nice and helpful as well.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2017

I loved my experience with this shop. There were rows and rows of beautiful gowns at affordable prices. There was a decent mix of designer samples and used gowns. Though some of the gowns I loved needed a lot of tlc and fixed seams, they were priced so well that it left room in the budget to get the alterations to fix it.
    The two associates working were really kind, helpful and accommodating. Though the store was busy, we still got the help we needed.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Desiree · Married on 06/09/2017

Absolutely amazing! I felt like a million dollars on my wedding day all thanks to Brides for Cause. I spent minimal money on a designer gown that I would of never of been able to pay retail for. It was a wonderful experience shopping there at the store and they were more than helpful during the process. I cannot say enough about the shop and my experience I had there. I would HIGHLY recommend Brides for a Cause. Knowing my money went to charities that support other women made me feel even more beautiful. Thank you Brides for a Cause for the wonderful experience and the stunning gown!!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Hillary · Married on 06/04/2017

What a fantastic store! I was not enthusiastic about spending several hundred (or more) dollars on a dress that I would be wearing only once, but I was not having any luck at regular stores finding a dress that felt sufficiently bridal (Macy's, Nordstrom, etc.) Brides for a Cause had an excellent selection of dresses at amazing prices. There is no pressure to buy a dress, and you don't need to make an appointment in advance. Taking advantage of the freedom to browse, I was able to try on dresses that I might not have considered trying on otherwise, and I got a better sense of the styles that I liked best. Eventually I found a beautiful dress that fit perfectly off the rack, and I received many compliments at my wedding. Thank you, Brides for a Cause!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Lindsey · Married on 05/28/2017

I had the absolute best experience at Tacoma's Brides for a Cause. I'd visited a number of other "traditional" bridal stores and found them to be stuffy and stressful. I didn't like having to plan far ahead and make appointments, and then have others pick what they thought I would like. The atmosphere at Tacoma's Brides for a Cause is completely different - they allow you to walk through and browse dresses for yourself, and you can even try them on by yourself in the room (helpful if you don't love a stranger looking at you in your underwear). The employee at this store was so helpful - and I found my wedding dress there for $500 (down from $1500)! Even better, all the proceeds go to womens' shelters. I can't recommend this store highly enough - it was an all-around wonderful experience. Thank you, Tacoma Brides for a Cause!

Sent on 02/09/2017
  • User7893476 · 1+ year ago

When looking for a dress this is a must for the first stop, so many beautiful dresses to try on and the prices are great. Bonus points for it helping those in need.

Sent on 03/12/2017

Susannah · Married on 03/19/2017

AMAZING. Cannot recommend this place enough. Incredible prices and for a good cause as well, really makes you happy to be dropping this much on a single dress.

Sent on 07/19/2016

**This review is for the Tacoma location** I want to share my experience of how I stumbled over and into my dream dress just 45 days before my wedding. Because I'm in my 40's and not a first time bride I wasn't particularly excited to go wedding gown shopping but shortly after becoming engaged I used my lunch hour and tried on a few gowns at a local designer resale store. I found a pretty Nicole Miller Dakota wedding gown with the tags still on it. It needed some alterations but I was happy with the style and quality. Next I brought it to a highly rated alterations specialist (shout out to you Stacy) and bought some accessories. But after two rounds of fittings and four months I was still have dress disaster dreams. So on a day that I needed to kill a half hour I stopped by the new Brides for a Cause in Tacoma on 6th Ave. I wanted to look at the veils but was quickly distracted by the selection and quality of designer gowns. One in particular caught my eye and even though I tried to talk myself down from it I tried it on and it was ... PERFECT. Still I felt like it would be crazy to buy another gown so I walked away and told the very helpful and non pushy Deanna that I needed to think about it because I had already bought a wedding gown.
    At this point I went home and called Stacy to see where she was at on the alterations and told her I was having second thoughts on my choice and I might be bringing her another gown. She suggested that I buy the other dress if it was possible to return it within a few hours if it didn't wok out to try them back to back. I called Brides for a Cause and asked Deanna if I could purchase the gown and return it for a refund the same day if it didn't work out. She needed to speak with the manager Christine because this wasn't standard policy. In the end they worked with me and long story short, I was able to see both gowns together. It was just what I needed to make the final decision and I'm so happy that I found the perfect dress!

Sent on 01/26/2017