Brides for a Cause Reviews

Brides for a Cause 7
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 08/04/2018

Amazing! Highly recommended

Such an awesome experience! They have options for most sizes, defiantly more options for sizes 8 and smaller. Still I got my dress for $200 originally $2000 and it was brand new. It's defiantly worth checking out even for people who don't know if they would find something or not. They even have parking in the back so you're not fighting for spots. Tip- Go to the restroom before you go because they don't have one. Highly recommended though!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Shannon · Married on 07/15/2018

Thanks to this amazing company I was able to find my DREAM dress for serious deals. It’s not easy to have a budget wedding these days, but finding out about Brides For a Cause was one of best things I have done for myself and my wedding. I recently attended a trunk show in Portland over the weekend where I waited outside in the cold for a couple hours, but let me tell you, it was totally worth it! I thought being a petite person would put a target on my back because I could be easily trampled over — NOT the case at all! Safety was one of their top priorities! If you having doubts about attending a trunk show or even checking out their boutiques, D O N ‘ T! They are awesome!

Sent on 01/25/2018
    Brides for a Cause 8
    Brides for a Cause 9

Ludia · Married on 07/14/2018

Found my dress for a very nice price. The employees are very kind. If you want a second opinion they are there to help you out.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Ludia · Married on 07/14/2018

Sent on 07/29/2018

Courtney · Married on 07/07/2018

I found a beautiful dress for less than $200 at Brides for a Cause. They provide such a wonderful service for brides on a budget (and those who are mindful of recycling/donating). I cannot imagine having purchased a dress anywhere else.

Sent on 07/14/2018
    Brides for a Cause 10

Vanessa · Married on 06/02/2018

I came to Bride for a Cause in Tacoma to look for my wedding dress. The service was great and the dresses available are in amazing condition (some are brand new with tags). You try on the dress yourself, as in the hosts do not go into the fitting room with you, so I recommend someone come with you to help you into some of the dresses. This is a shared fitting room, so there are multiple Brides with their party trying on dresses. I recommend to keep your party small (3-4). They have so many accessories and veils as well! The prices were all amazing too! Sadly, I didn't find my dress here since my size was between 16-18 and there was a small selection of these sizes at the time. Due to my time crunch, I was not able to visit their stores in either Seattle or Portland. I highly recommend future brides to check out these stores for their dresses and prices! You can save hundreds here, literally. Even if alterations are needed, I bet it would still be under your budget.

Sent on 05/06/2018
    Brides for a Cause 15
    Brides for a Cause 16
  • VABW

Victoria · Married on 05/27/2018

Great place to get an awesome dress for a fraction of what you would have spent at another bridal salon! People running the bridal show were super helpful with giving you ideas of how the dresses could be altered and with clipping the gowns to show you what they would look like when they were altered to fit you. Good variety of dresses, you're sure to find something that you like!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Robyn · Married on 05/05/2018

visit here before anywhere else

Sent on 03/02/2017

Tess · Married on 04/21/2018

I would highly recommend this store to anyone buying a wedding dress--at least come in and see what they have in your size before going to buy an expensive dress somewhere else. They are very upfront about the fact that they don't do appointments and that you will need to get the dresses to the dressing room yourself, so I was expecting to not have much customer service, but the salesperson who was staffing the store on the day I came was EXTREMELY helpful. I spent a long time in the store and couldn't have asked for better service (I came on a week day, so there were some times that I was the only customer there, and other times that most of the dressing rooms were full). Chelsea made honest suggestions only when asked, which helped me make a decision, and never pressured me to rush or buy something. I was very impressed that she took pictures of the seams of the dress and texted them to a seamstress that works with Brides for a Cause, to make sure that it would be able to be altered to fit me. When I called back with concerns about the dress, Brides for a Cause staff were so responsive and helpful. The only suggestion I can think of is that I considered the possibility of putting the dress on hold for a day in order to think it over and possibly come buy it the next day--it would have been nice to know that the next day a 20% off sale was starting, because I could have saved some money. Not at all a big deal though (especially since the dresses are so inexpensive in the first place, between $75-$450 when I was there). I also picked up a simple veil for only $10.

Sent on 01/24/2018
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 01/27/2018

If I could put a sixth star under value I would! I found an amazing dress for a phenomenal price, and I feel so much better knowing that the money I spent will do some good in the world. I felt like there were a range of styles to try on, and was lucky enough to find the perfect dress for me! The dress I found only needs minor alterations, which would have been the case no matter where I found a dress. We went on a Saturday, and at no point did I feel rushed or pressured to buy anything. I highly recommend going to Brides for a Cause.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Jill · Married on 12/30/2017

I loved everything about this place! The people were incredible and I absolutely loved the selection! I can't imagine getting my dress from anywhere else!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Stephanie · Married on 11/04/2017

Definitely check it out! I only planned to go to DB (David's Bridal) a few weeks ago just to see what styles i liked on. Well, it's an understatement to say they were packed! I think it was the last weekend of one of the $99 dress sale. Decided to go ahead and look at this place even though I had originally planned to go to the event in SeaTac at the end of the month.

Ever get a gut feeling that something certain was gonna happen when you went to do it? Well I felt that way about THE dress for me. Tried on less than 5 (not a large selection yet for us brides over a size 14) and found it. I love how it looks and so far no big issues other than needs the back swapped to a corset, hem and double check the bussle. So pleased by the gals who worked there and were very supportive of style.

Their on site independent seamstress that day put my nerves at ease for all alterations. Cannot wait to work with Katie for those!

Oh and I got a sample dress for $300 which had a retail tag for $1500. Score there as I wanted to allocate as much funds to other things.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Rebekah · Married on 10/07/2017

I had originally bought my dress online, it was a designer knock off that I could afford. Big mistake, HUGE. It fit me well, but was falling apart. There was no way I could wear that on my wedding day. I went to Brides for a Cause in Tacoma this last weekend and was blown away. My only criticism is that they make it seem like the dresses are completely clean on their website, whereas in real life there was makeup galore on some of these gowns. That could be from getting tried on at the boutique though. I tried on about 15 dresses, none priced higher than $800! I went to DAVID'S BRIDAL and couldn't find a better value. I ended up with the PERFECT dress that fit me like a glove. It was well within my budget and made me cry tears of joy. I can't wait to wear this dress on my big day, thank you so much Brides for a Cause!!!!

Sent on 04/11/2017
  • Q

Quincie · Married on 10/06/2017

This was the perfect place to go dress shopping. It was the very first place I went to and I found my dress in just a couple of tries. My dress was originally $1680 and I got it for $360!! I highly recommend it.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Meredith · Married on 09/30/2017

I had a wonderful experience at this sweet boutique and I was lucky enough to find my dream dress here! For being a discount bridal like shop, I was much more impressed with the airy and dreamy environment and kind staff than any other local upscale boutique that I visited in search of my dress. Each gal working was so sweet and genuine, and they perfectly walked the line of being helpful, and also respecting my time with my mom and future mother-in-law. To top it off, much of the money that I spent on my dress goes back to helping girls and women in our community. My dress needs a little bit of love, but nothing that a good seamstress can't help adjust, and the dress is truly one in a million. I'd highly recommend this shop for any bride-to-be! I waltzed away swooning!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Desiree · Married on 09/16/2017

I went in twice. The first time it was crazy busy because it was the bridal show weekend. The attendants were still super helpful. Went back the next day to try the dress back on again in a calmer setting (not so many couple) and this time the owner helped me. She equally was fantastic and all in all the experience was perfect!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Myranda · Married on 09/09/2017

I bought my wedding dress from here and couldn't have been happier! I went to their new location on Division and though the store is small, they do a great job of helping you out quickly and efficiently! I fell in love with my dress, and the staff was super helpful. Also, best prices you could ever ask for!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Robin · Married on 09/03/2017

They helped me find a beautiful gown in my price range. They were so friendly and helpful! They let me try on as many dresses as I wanted and were genuinely excited for me!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/12/2017

I absolutely loved the ladies at brides for a cause Portland. I forget the lady's name who helped me but she was incredible! I enjoyed my experience there and unexpectedly walked out with the 3rd dress I tried on!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Suvi · Married on 07/31/2017

Super nice staff, lots of dresses to try on, and so great to support good causes!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Melissa · Married on 07/29/2017

I had an amazing experience at Brides for a Cause! My group and I arrived when they first opened on a Sunday morning. We were the only ones in the store for most of our time there. The ladies working there were extremely helpful and they also gave us our time and privacy. I was able to get an amazingly beautiful dress for half the price!

See just how perfect my dress was here: http://www.elegantlycountry.com/save-money-on-your-wedding-day/

Sent on 02/01/2018
    Brides for a Cause 17
    Brides for a Cause 18

Ryan & Teela · Married on 07/23/2017

I bought my wedding dress here yesterday and I am so happy with my shopping experience! The customer service was so friendly, the selection was great and the prices were outstanding! Beautiful designer dresses at a fraction of the cost! I definitely recommend that everyone stops here before going elsewhere!

Sent on 03/17/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/22/2017

I drove down from Seattle to attend their Anniversary sale and immediately loved the atmosphere. This was the first shop I went to for dresses and I am glad I made the trip!
    All the dresses are on racks by size and they suggest you look at a few sizes past your regular size since it can be easy to take in (I fit great in a size 6 dress, but my final choice that fit "almost" perfect was a size 14). They have a large variety of different styles of dresses, which makes it easy for anyone to find one. They even have a rack of bridesmaid dresses and some sashes and other accessories.
    Since it was somewhat busy, we were able to take 3-4 dresses in a room at a time. There are huge mirrors all around the fitting area/rooms and one of the staff even brought me a hand mirror at one point to see the back of my dress. All of the staff was very friendly, and Sana even helped find me a few dresses to try on that were similar to what I wanted. A few of the staff, including the founder, Erin, even helped me when I asked about changing the structure of one dress I liked. They also helped with some technical issues in a few dresses like zipping up and snapping pieces together.
    I ended up trying a few more after finding one I liked, and found a different style that I ended up loving. Originally the dress was about $2,000 and I was able to get it for $200 (listed as $250, 20% off for sale) and a free garment bag to take my dress home.
    I was very impressed with the experience and recommend it!

Sent on 10/15/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/08/2017

This was my first trip wedding dress shopping, and happily the only one needed! The ladies at Brides for A Cause were wonderful, and the shop has a great selection in a relaxed atmosphere. Not to mention I got a great deal on my dress. I would highly recommend those Tacoma store!

Sent on 02/10/2017

Kaileigh · Married on 07/07/2017

Love this place! Brides for a cause was the first and only place I went for my dress. The outside was a little deceiving, but once inside, they had hundreds of different styles to choose from. I found 3 dresses I loved, they allowed me to keep them on hold for 24 hours, I came back and made my decision. I worked with Sauna, and she was the perfect combination of laid back and helpful. She saw the look I was going for and she actually found the dress I ended up picking. PLEASE try this place first! You won't be let down.

Sent on 07/26/2016