Brides for a Cause Reviews

Brides for a Cause 6
Brides for a Cause 7
  • Colleen

Colleen Walsh · Getting married on 11/16/2019

Definitely Check This Place Out!!!

AMAZING SHOP!!! Definitely check this place out! They buy quality, and sell for a great cause! You'll have a great time here; super joyful place.

Kim Ho · Getting married on 09/05/2019

Great Experience!!

I have so much love for this non-profit! I live in San Francisco and decided to do a same day trip to visit the boutique. It's definitely not a typical wedding dress store that you see from TV, but I didn't need that experience. If I knew I loved a dress, then I knew. They had a lot of variety in styles and sizes, old and new. I was fortunate enough to find a brand new BHLDN dress with tags on still! The volunteers are super helpful and down to earth. They let you go through the racks but also provide suggestions after learning which styles you like best. They do not follow you in to the fitting rooms, but will help clip you in to get a better idea. One of their volunteers happened to be a seamstress and provided helpful information when trying on the dresses. If you're more local, I would definitely visit a few times if you couldn't find what you liked the first time around.

Kjsr · Getting married on 01/19/2019

Great bridal on a budget!

Great bridal on a budget! I found a wonderful gown without breaking the bank to purchase. Thank you for being a business such as this and providing more affordable bridal options, keep up the great work!

• Marcelle

Marcelle · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing service in Seattle!

I am so glad that I started (and finished, in one trip!) my dress shopping experience at Brides for a Cause Seattle! It was exactly the kind of experience I was hoping for: relaxed, friendly.. I didn't feel pressured in any way, and very quickly found the dress I'd been dreaming of! For the budget and/or eco- friendly bride, this is the place to shop! The prices will keep you smiling, and knowing that you're supporting a nonprofit organization that donates to women-focused charities will add an extra layer of love to your special day! The kind and helpful staff made shopping fun and easy, and they even gave me a list of local shops to check out for my alterations. Though my dress showed a tiny bit of wear on the edges of the train and was two sizes too big, it was completely renewed and fit like a glove after a trip to Zeita Studios! Thank you Brides for a Cause!! I'm sure shopping at the Portland location would be just as wonderful! (More photos to come!)

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2018

Love this store and its mission! So happy with the sore’s service and love my dress!!

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/13/2018

An amazing boutique supporting local and national charities!

What a lovely place with a fabulous mission! I had a delightful experience shopping for my wedding dress at the Portland shop. Brides for a Cause features a gorgeous array of dresses, reasonable prices, and excellent customer service. I was able to put my top two dresses on hold for 24 hours so that I could come back with my family the next day and make a final decision. They even have a small selection of bridesmaid dresses for $20 each. I went away thrilled with my dress and even more thrilled with where my money was going -- to the women-focused charities that Brides for a Cause supports. Cheers to that!

• Emilee

Emilee · Married on 10/06/2018

I had a great visit at Brides for a Cause. I enjoyed being able to choose my own dresses to try on. Some of the dresses are not in the best condition so you do have to be patient and search around. The staff was very helpful and answered all my questions about alterations as I tried to make a decision. I ended up trying on a dress in mint condition that was perfect!

Miranda · Married on 09/08/2018

I had a wonderful experience at Brides for a Cause. I got there early in the day and was able to make my selections and try them on at my own pace. I think I tried on every dress in my size. The employees were very kind and helped me and my mom with the dress as we weren't sure what we were doing, but only came back a few times to check up on us. When we were ready to make our purchase and leave, we had some trouble finding someone to check us out. They were all in the dressing room area helping other brides. Eventually, a lady came up and helped us. I would recommend any bride check this place out when shopping for her dress. They have a wide variety of sizes and styles and a small selection on accessories. Great store and great experience!

Miranda · Married on 09/08/2018

I had a wonderful time buying my wedding dress here. They had a great selection of dresses in a variety of sizes and styles. The prices were also reasonable. It was a beautiful showroom, very clean. The sales people were very friendly, not pushy, and were as hands on or hands off as you wanted them to be. I would definitely recommend this store to any bride shopping for her wedding dress.

JESSICA · Married on 08/25/2018

I had the best experience here! The staff here were super friendly and not pushy at all. They were great at explaining how everything works and just allowed us space to look at dresses and try them on. I was able to get an incredible dress for $75!!! I would recommend anyone to check this place out. It's small, but you couldn't ask for a better more relaxed environment!!!

Shauna · Married on 08/06/2018

I was so pleased with my entire experience at Brides for a Cause! I found a great dress at a great value and used an alterations person who worked closely with them so we could meet at the shop for fittings. I highly recommend checking them out and learning more about their causes. I hope to volunteer for them myself someday!

Shannon · Married on 07/15/2018

Thanks to this amazing company I was able to find my DREAM dress for serious deals. It’s not easy to have a budget wedding these days, but finding out about Brides For a Cause was one of best things I have done for myself and my wedding. I recently attended a trunk show in Portland over the weekend where I waited outside in the cold for a couple hours, but let me tell you, it was totally worth it! I thought being a petite person would put a target on my back because I could be easily trampled over — NOT the case at all! Safety was one of their top priorities! If you having doubts about attending a trunk show or even checking out their boutiques, D O N ‘ T! They are awesome!

Brides for a Cause 8
    Brides for a Cause 9

Ludia · Married on 07/14/2018

Found my dress for a very nice price. The employees are very kind. If you want a second opinion they are there to help you out.

Ludia · Married on 07/14/2018

Courtney · Married on 07/07/2018

I found a beautiful dress for less than $200 at Brides for a Cause. They provide such a wonderful service for brides on a budget (and those who are mindful of recycling/donating). I cannot imagine having purchased a dress anywhere else.

Brides for a Cause 10

Vanessa · Married on 06/02/2018

I came to Bride for a Cause in Tacoma to look for my wedding dress. The service was great and the dresses available are in amazing condition (some are brand new with tags). You try on the dress yourself, as in the hosts do not go into the fitting room with you, so I recommend someone come with you to help you into some of the dresses. This is a shared fitting room, so there are multiple Brides with their party trying on dresses. I recommend to keep your party small (3-4). They have so many accessories and veils as well! The prices were all amazing too! Sadly, I didn't find my dress here since my size was between 16-18 and there was a small selection of these sizes at the time. Due to my time crunch, I was not able to visit their stores in either Seattle or Portland. I highly recommend future brides to check out these stores for their dresses and prices! You can save hundreds here, literally. Even if alterations are needed, I bet it would still be under your budget.

Brides for a Cause 11
    Brides for a Cause 12
    Brides for a Cause 13
    Brides for a Cause 14
    Brides for a Cause 15
    Brides for a Cause 16
  • VABW

Victoria · Married on 05/27/2018

Great place to get an awesome dress for a fraction of what you would have spent at another bridal salon! People running the bridal show were super helpful with giving you ideas of how the dresses could be altered and with clipping the gowns to show you what they would look like when they were altered to fit you. Good variety of dresses, you're sure to find something that you like!

Robyn · Married on 05/05/2018

visit here before anywhere else

Tess · Married on 04/21/2018

I would highly recommend this store to anyone buying a wedding dress--at least come in and see what they have in your size before going to buy an expensive dress somewhere else. They are very upfront about the fact that they don't do appointments and that you will need to get the dresses to the dressing room yourself, so I was expecting to not have much customer service, but the salesperson who was staffing the store on the day I came was EXTREMELY helpful. I spent a long time in the store and couldn't have asked for better service (I came on a week day, so there were some times that I was the only customer there, and other times that most of the dressing rooms were full). Chelsea made honest suggestions only when asked, which helped me make a decision, and never pressured me to rush or buy something. I was very impressed that she took pictures of the seams of the dress and texted them to a seamstress that works with Brides for a Cause, to make sure that it would be able to be altered to fit me. When I called back with concerns about the dress, Brides for a Cause staff were so responsive and helpful. The only suggestion I can think of is that I considered the possibility of putting the dress on hold for a day in order to think it over and possibly come buy it the next day--it would have been nice to know that the next day a 20% off sale was starting, because I could have saved some money. Not at all a big deal though (especially since the dresses are so inexpensive in the first place, between $75-$450 when I was there). I also picked up a simple veil for only $10.

• Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 01/27/2018

If I could put a sixth star under value I would! I found an amazing dress for a phenomenal price, and I feel so much better knowing that the money I spent will do some good in the world. I felt like there were a range of styles to try on, and was lucky enough to find the perfect dress for me! The dress I found only needs minor alterations, which would have been the case no matter where I found a dress. We went on a Saturday, and at no point did I feel rushed or pressured to buy anything. I highly recommend going to Brides for a Cause.

Jill · Married on 12/30/2017

I loved everything about this place! The people were incredible and I absolutely loved the selection! I can't imagine getting my dress from anywhere else!

Stephanie · Married on 11/04/2017

Definitely check it out! I only planned to go to DB (David's Bridal) a few weeks ago just to see what styles i liked on. Well, it's an understatement to say they were packed! I think it was the last weekend of one of the $99 dress sale. Decided to go ahead and look at this place even though I had originally planned to go to the event in SeaTac at the end of the month.

Ever get a gut feeling that something certain was gonna happen when you went to do it? Well I felt that way about THE dress for me. Tried on less than 5 (not a large selection yet for us brides over a size 14) and found it. I love how it looks and so far no big issues other than needs the back swapped to a corset, hem and double check the bussle. So pleased by the gals who worked there and were very supportive of style.

Their on site independent seamstress that day put my nerves at ease for all alterations. Cannot wait to work with Katie for those!

Oh and I got a sample dress for $300 which had a retail tag for $1500. Score there as I wanted to allocate as much funds to other things.

Rebekah · Married on 10/07/2017

I had originally bought my dress online, it was a designer knock off that I could afford. Big mistake, HUGE. It fit me well, but was falling apart. There was no way I could wear that on my wedding day. I went to Brides for a Cause in Tacoma this last weekend and was blown away. My only criticism is that they make it seem like the dresses are completely clean on their website, whereas in real life there was makeup galore on some of these gowns. That could be from getting tried on at the boutique though. I tried on about 15 dresses, none priced higher than $800! I went to DAVID'S BRIDAL and couldn't find a better value. I ended up with the PERFECT dress that fit me like a glove. It was well within my budget and made me cry tears of joy. I can't wait to wear this dress on my big day, thank you so much Brides for a Cause!!!!

• Q

Quincie · Married on 10/06/2017

This was the perfect place to go dress shopping. It was the very first place I went to and I found my dress in just a couple of tries. My dress was originally $1680 and I got it for $360!! I highly recommend it.