Brides for a Cause Reviews

Brides for a Cause 7
  • Amanda

Amanda Johnston · Getting married on 02/02/2020

Bring On Our day!

I walked in the boutique knowing I wanted my dress to stand for someone other than myself and am so blessed that I got my dress here! The customer service was amazing and I bought the first dress I tried on. I recommend them times a thousand!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen Walsh · Getting married on 11/16/2019

Definitely Check This Place Out!!!

AMAZING SHOP!!! Definitely check this place out! They buy quality, and sell for a great cause! You'll have a great time here; super joyful place.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Kim Ho · Getting married on 09/05/2019

Great Experience!!

I have so much love for this non-profit! I live in San Francisco and decided to do a same day trip to visit the boutique. It's definitely not a typical wedding dress store that you see from TV, but I didn't need that experience. If I knew I loved a dress, then I knew. They had a lot of variety in styles and sizes, old and new. I was fortunate enough to find a brand new BHLDN dress with tags on still! The volunteers are super helpful and down to earth. They let you go through the racks but also provide suggestions after learning which styles you like best. They do not follow you in to the fitting rooms, but will help clip you in to get a better idea. One of their volunteers happened to be a seamstress and provided helpful information when trying on the dresses. If you're more local, I would definitely visit a few times if you couldn't find what you liked the first time around.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Kjsr · Married on 01/19/2019

Great bridal on a budget!

Great bridal on a budget! I found a wonderful gown without breaking the bank to purchase. Thank you for being a business such as this and providing more affordable bridal options, keep up the great work!

Sent on 11/21/2018
  • Marcelle

Marcelle · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing service in Seattle!

I am so glad that I started (and finished, in one trip!) my dress shopping experience at Brides for a Cause Seattle! It was exactly the kind of experience I was hoping for: relaxed, friendly.. I didn't feel pressured in any way, and very quickly found the dress I'd been dreaming of! For the budget and/or eco- friendly bride, this is the place to shop! The prices will keep you smiling, and knowing that you're supporting a nonprofit organization that donates to women-focused charities will add an extra layer of love to your special day! The kind and helpful staff made shopping fun and easy, and they even gave me a list of local shops to check out for my alterations. Though my dress showed a tiny bit of wear on the edges of the train and was two sizes too big, it was completely renewed and fit like a glove after a trip to Zeita Studios! Thank you Brides for a Cause!! I'm sure shopping at the Portland location would be just as wonderful! (More photos to come!)

Sent on 12/03/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2018

Love this store and its mission! So happy with the sore’s service and love my dress!!

Sent on 04/15/2018
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/13/2018

An amazing boutique supporting local and national charities!

What a lovely place with a fabulous mission! I had a delightful experience shopping for my wedding dress at the Portland shop. Brides for a Cause features a gorgeous array of dresses, reasonable prices, and excellent customer service. I was able to put my top two dresses on hold for 24 hours so that I could come back with my family the next day and make a final decision. They even have a small selection of bridesmaid dresses for $20 each. I went away thrilled with my dress and even more thrilled with where my money was going -- to the women-focused charities that Brides for a Cause supports. Cheers to that!

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Emilee

Emilee · Married on 10/06/2018

I had a great visit at Brides for a Cause. I enjoyed being able to choose my own dresses to try on. Some of the dresses are not in the best condition so you do have to be patient and search around. The staff was very helpful and answered all my questions about alterations as I tried to make a decision. I ended up trying on a dress in mint condition that was perfect!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Miranda · Married on 09/08/2018

I had a wonderful experience at Brides for a Cause. I got there early in the day and was able to make my selections and try them on at my own pace. I think I tried on every dress in my size. The employees were very kind and helped me and my mom with the dress as we weren't sure what we were doing, but only came back a few times to check up on us. When we were ready to make our purchase and leave, we had some trouble finding someone to check us out. They were all in the dressing room area helping other brides. Eventually, a lady came up and helped us. I would recommend any bride check this place out when shopping for her dress. They have a wide variety of sizes and styles and a small selection on accessories. Great store and great experience!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Miranda · Married on 09/08/2018

I had a wonderful time buying my wedding dress here. They had a great selection of dresses in a variety of sizes and styles. The prices were also reasonable. It was a beautiful showroom, very clean. The sales people were very friendly, not pushy, and were as hands on or hands off as you wanted them to be. I would definitely recommend this store to any bride shopping for her wedding dress.

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Ysobel

Ysobel · Married on 09/07/2018

It is what it is in the name

Iḿ gonna preach to the rooftops how amazing this place is! The women that work here are so intuitive and take a great deal of passion to make sure you find that dress within your budget and makes you feel like a princess (if that's what your going for)

Sent on 03/09/2019
    Brides for a Cause 8
    Brides for a Cause 9
    Brides for a Cause 10
    Brides for a Cause 11

JESSICA · Married on 08/25/2018

I had the best experience here! The staff here were super friendly and not pushy at all. They were great at explaining how everything works and just allowed us space to look at dresses and try them on. I was able to get an incredible dress for $75!!! I would recommend anyone to check this place out. It's small, but you couldn't ask for a better more relaxed environment!!!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Shauna · Married on 08/06/2018

I was so pleased with my entire experience at Brides for a Cause! I found a great dress at a great value and used an alterations person who worked closely with them so we could meet at the shop for fittings. I highly recommend checking them out and learning more about their causes. I hope to volunteer for them myself someday!

Sent on 08/14/2018
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 08/04/2018

Amazing! Highly recommended

Such an awesome experience! They have options for most sizes, defiantly more options for sizes 8 and smaller. Still I got my dress for $200 originally $2000 and it was brand new. It's defiantly worth checking out even for people who don't know if they would find something or not. They even have parking in the back so you're not fighting for spots. Tip- Go to the restroom before you go because they don't have one. Highly recommended though!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Shannon · Married on 07/15/2018

Thanks to this amazing company I was able to find my DREAM dress for serious deals. It’s not easy to have a budget wedding these days, but finding out about Brides For a Cause was one of best things I have done for myself and my wedding. I recently attended a trunk show in Portland over the weekend where I waited outside in the cold for a couple hours, but let me tell you, it was totally worth it! I thought being a petite person would put a target on my back because I could be easily trampled over — NOT the case at all! Safety was one of their top priorities! If you having doubts about attending a trunk show or even checking out their boutiques, D O N ‘ T! They are awesome!

Sent on 01/25/2018
    Brides for a Cause 12
    Brides for a Cause 13

Ludia · Married on 07/14/2018

Found my dress for a very nice price. The employees are very kind. If you want a second opinion they are there to help you out.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Ludia · Married on 07/14/2018

Sent on 07/29/2018

Courtney · Married on 07/07/2018

I found a beautiful dress for less than $200 at Brides for a Cause. They provide such a wonderful service for brides on a budget (and those who are mindful of recycling/donating). I cannot imagine having purchased a dress anywhere else.

Sent on 07/14/2018
    Brides for a Cause 14

Vanessa · Married on 06/02/2018

I came to Bride for a Cause in Tacoma to look for my wedding dress. The service was great and the dresses available are in amazing condition (some are brand new with tags). You try on the dress yourself, as in the hosts do not go into the fitting room with you, so I recommend someone come with you to help you into some of the dresses. This is a shared fitting room, so there are multiple Brides with their party trying on dresses. I recommend to keep your party small (3-4). They have so many accessories and veils as well! The prices were all amazing too! Sadly, I didn't find my dress here since my size was between 16-18 and there was a small selection of these sizes at the time. Due to my time crunch, I was not able to visit their stores in either Seattle or Portland. I highly recommend future brides to check out these stores for their dresses and prices! You can save hundreds here, literally. Even if alterations are needed, I bet it would still be under your budget.

Sent on 05/06/2018
    Brides for a Cause 19
    Brides for a Cause 20
  • VABW

Victoria · Married on 05/27/2018

Great place to get an awesome dress for a fraction of what you would have spent at another bridal salon! People running the bridal show were super helpful with giving you ideas of how the dresses could be altered and with clipping the gowns to show you what they would look like when they were altered to fit you. Good variety of dresses, you're sure to find something that you like!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Robyn · Married on 05/05/2018

visit here before anywhere else

Sent on 03/02/2017

Tess · Married on 04/21/2018

I would highly recommend this store to anyone buying a wedding dress--at least come in and see what they have in your size before going to buy an expensive dress somewhere else. They are very upfront about the fact that they don't do appointments and that you will need to get the dresses to the dressing room yourself, so I was expecting to not have much customer service, but the salesperson who was staffing the store on the day I came was EXTREMELY helpful. I spent a long time in the store and couldn't have asked for better service (I came on a week day, so there were some times that I was the only customer there, and other times that most of the dressing rooms were full). Chelsea made honest suggestions only when asked, which helped me make a decision, and never pressured me to rush or buy something. I was very impressed that she took pictures of the seams of the dress and texted them to a seamstress that works with Brides for a Cause, to make sure that it would be able to be altered to fit me. When I called back with concerns about the dress, Brides for a Cause staff were so responsive and helpful. The only suggestion I can think of is that I considered the possibility of putting the dress on hold for a day in order to think it over and possibly come buy it the next day--it would have been nice to know that the next day a 20% off sale was starting, because I could have saved some money. Not at all a big deal though (especially since the dresses are so inexpensive in the first place, between $75-$450 when I was there). I also picked up a simple veil for only $10.

Sent on 01/24/2018
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 01/27/2018

If I could put a sixth star under value I would! I found an amazing dress for a phenomenal price, and I feel so much better knowing that the money I spent will do some good in the world. I felt like there were a range of styles to try on, and was lucky enough to find the perfect dress for me! The dress I found only needs minor alterations, which would have been the case no matter where I found a dress. We went on a Saturday, and at no point did I feel rushed or pressured to buy anything. I highly recommend going to Brides for a Cause.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Jill · Married on 12/30/2017

I loved everything about this place! The people were incredible and I absolutely loved the selection! I can't imagine getting my dress from anywhere else!

Sent on 01/20/2018