Brides for a Cause Reviews

Brides for a Cause 6
Brides for a Cause 7

Joan Shepherd · Getting married on 01/02/2021

Military Bride

Brides with a Cause were very hands off and allowed us to do the shopping on our own, which I greatly appreciated. The dresses and veils are very inexpensive. They have a small selection, only about thirty dresses per size, but I bought the first dress that I tried on. The had an amazing selection and I was satisfied with every second of my experience.

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Brandon · Getting married on 08/29/2020

Wonderful, especially for the thrifty Bride

I loved this shop! If going to boutique second hand stores is something you enjoy, then this is a great choice for you.

The service was excellent, the ladies that worked there are knowledgeable and helpful. I usually wear a curvy size 6/8, but I was concerned how "dress sizing" was going to work. The ladies recommended starting with a size 10, 12, and 14 just to see how the fit was. I'm glad I did! We ended up going with a size 12 to fit my bust and hips, and there was plenty of selection to choose from. Brands, prices, and the condition were labeled clearly on the tags, which made knowing what you were getting so much easier.

I was so happy to find my dress here! And it feels even better knowing that the money is going towards a great cause.
    Since everything is donated, I would recommend looking for dresses here with plenty of time before your wedding, and checking in frequently as the dresses change constantly.

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Brides for a Cause 8
  • Amanda

Amanda Johnston · Getting married on 02/02/2020

Bring On Our day!

I walked in the boutique knowing I wanted my dress to stand for someone other than myself and am so blessed that I got my dress here! The customer service was amazing and I bought the first dress I tried on. I recommend them times a thousand!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen Walsh · Getting married on 11/16/2019

Definitely Check This Place Out!!!

AMAZING SHOP!!! Definitely check this place out! They buy quality, and sell for a great cause! You'll have a great time here; super joyful place.

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Amy

Amy Hume · Getting married on 11/09/2019

Brides for a cause is a win-win!

Loved visiting the Tacoma store! Bought an amazing designer dress for a fraction of the cost and the proceeds go to a great cause! Win-win! The girls were super helpful too! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/09/2019
    Brides for a Cause 9
  • Josephaj

Josepha · Getting married on 09/22/2019

Dress inventory was versatile and beautiful; staff was extremely helpful

I just bought my dress from BFAC after spending days shopping at high-end boutiques. Not only was the selection of dresses wide in variety, size, and style, but the staff was so helpful--all I had to do was ask and they took pictures, helped pin to my shape, and gave advice (I went in by myself!). They had a small space to work with with the amount of girls who came in looking for dresses and did their best to get everyone fitting rooms and make them feel comfortable. Prices were reasonable and tags detailed whether dresses had damage or dirt. If I had a reason, I'd shop there again!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Kim Ho · Married on 09/05/2019

Great Experience!!

I have so much love for this non-profit! I live in San Francisco and decided to do a same day trip to visit the boutique. It's definitely not a typical wedding dress store that you see from TV, but I didn't need that experience. If I knew I loved a dress, then I knew. They had a lot of variety in styles and sizes, old and new. I was fortunate enough to find a brand new BHLDN dress with tags on still! The volunteers are super helpful and down to earth. They let you go through the racks but also provide suggestions after learning which styles you like best. They do not follow you in to the fitting rooms, but will help clip you in to get a better idea. One of their volunteers happened to be a seamstress and provided helpful information when trying on the dresses. If you're more local, I would definitely visit a few times if you couldn't find what you liked the first time around.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/24/2019

Highly Recommend

I had such a wonderful experience here. So many great options and the staff is super helpful, but not pushy like some places. I found my perfect mermaid dress, that was already dry cleaned and had a bustle done. Highly recommend checking it out, especially since all the money is donated to issues that affect women.

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Diana

Diana Savinar · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing dresses!

Brides for a Cause is awesome! They have a great mission, and if you have a little patience, some really beautiful gowns. I got my designer dress for only $400, and upon looking it up later, it was originally over $5k. You won't get a glass of champagne or someone helping you in and out of your dresses, but it's well worth the trip!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 07/21/2019

Meant to Be

I just happened past this place when I was visiting my friend in Portland. What a great find!! My least favorite thing about dress shopping was how someone had to grab the dress, and put me in and take me out. Not here! I love not being handled by a consultant! We were able to pick out our own and try them on, on our own. I found one that fit me like a dream and still had the tags on it!! Best part? They were having a sale and the dress ended up only being $150! I came back months later and bought my veil.

Sent on 07/23/2019
    Brides for a Cause 10

Susanne Hornberger · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect wedding dress!

I found the perfect wedding dress at Brides For A Cause. What a great store! The staff are wonderful. The dresses are affordable. Not stuffy or pretentious store at all. Love this place! And the proceeds go to women's charities! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Leslie G · Married on 06/15/2019

wedding dress purachse

such lovely service at the Tacoma location, that is were I purchased my dress, I wish I knew the name of the girl that helped me but she wears glasses and is brunette, she was so sweet in picking out a dress and ran the whole process of purchasing through them. Its a great business they have going!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Kjsr · Married on 01/19/2019

Great bridal on a budget!

Great bridal on a budget! I found a wonderful gown without breaking the bank to purchase. Thank you for being a business such as this and providing more affordable bridal options, keep up the great work!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Maddie and Bailey · Married on 01/12/2019

Love this shop!!

Loved the experience here and the dresses are beautiful! Also love what they stand for!

Sent on 06/01/2019
    Brides for a Cause 11
  • Marissa

Marissa Gruesbeck · Married on 01/09/2019

Brides for a Cause

Brides for a cause offers a wide selection of dresses, including new donated dresses to used dresses. They offer affordable pricing and helpful staff. No appointments needed they accept walk ins.

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Marcelle

Marcelle · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing service in Seattle!

I am so glad that I started (and finished, in one trip!) my dress shopping experience at Brides for a Cause Seattle! It was exactly the kind of experience I was hoping for: relaxed, friendly.. I didn't feel pressured in any way, and very quickly found the dress I'd been dreaming of! For the budget and/or eco- friendly bride, this is the place to shop! The prices will keep you smiling, and knowing that you're supporting a nonprofit organization that donates to women-focused charities will add an extra layer of love to your special day! The kind and helpful staff made shopping fun and easy, and they even gave me a list of local shops to check out for my alterations. Though my dress showed a tiny bit of wear on the edges of the train and was two sizes too big, it was completely renewed and fit like a glove after a trip to Zeita Studios! Thank you Brides for a Cause!! I'm sure shopping at the Portland location would be just as wonderful! (More photos to come!)

Sent on 12/03/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2018

Love this store and its mission! So happy with the sore’s service and love my dress!!

Sent on 04/15/2018
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/13/2018

An amazing boutique supporting local and national charities!

What a lovely place with a fabulous mission! I had a delightful experience shopping for my wedding dress at the Portland shop. Brides for a Cause features a gorgeous array of dresses, reasonable prices, and excellent customer service. I was able to put my top two dresses on hold for 24 hours so that I could come back with my family the next day and make a final decision. They even have a small selection of bridesmaid dresses for $20 each. I went away thrilled with my dress and even more thrilled with where my money was going -- to the women-focused charities that Brides for a Cause supports. Cheers to that!

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Emilee

Emilee · Married on 10/06/2018

I had a great visit at Brides for a Cause. I enjoyed being able to choose my own dresses to try on. Some of the dresses are not in the best condition so you do have to be patient and search around. The staff was very helpful and answered all my questions about alterations as I tried to make a decision. I ended up trying on a dress in mint condition that was perfect!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Miranda · Married on 09/08/2018

I had a wonderful experience at Brides for a Cause. I got there early in the day and was able to make my selections and try them on at my own pace. I think I tried on every dress in my size. The employees were very kind and helped me and my mom with the dress as we weren't sure what we were doing, but only came back a few times to check up on us. When we were ready to make our purchase and leave, we had some trouble finding someone to check us out. They were all in the dressing room area helping other brides. Eventually, a lady came up and helped us. I would recommend any bride check this place out when shopping for her dress. They have a wide variety of sizes and styles and a small selection on accessories. Great store and great experience!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Miranda · Married on 09/08/2018

I had a wonderful time buying my wedding dress here. They had a great selection of dresses in a variety of sizes and styles. The prices were also reasonable. It was a beautiful showroom, very clean. The sales people were very friendly, not pushy, and were as hands on or hands off as you wanted them to be. I would definitely recommend this store to any bride shopping for her wedding dress.

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Ysobel

Ysobel · Married on 09/07/2018

It is what it is in the name

Iḿ gonna preach to the rooftops how amazing this place is! The women that work here are so intuitive and take a great deal of passion to make sure you find that dress within your budget and makes you feel like a princess (if that's what your going for)

Sent on 03/09/2019
    Brides for a Cause 12
    Brides for a Cause 13
    Brides for a Cause 14
    Brides for a Cause 15

JESSICA · Married on 08/25/2018

I had the best experience here! The staff here were super friendly and not pushy at all. They were great at explaining how everything works and just allowed us space to look at dresses and try them on. I was able to get an incredible dress for $75!!! I would recommend anyone to check this place out. It's small, but you couldn't ask for a better more relaxed environment!!!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Shauna · Married on 08/06/2018

I was so pleased with my entire experience at Brides for a Cause! I found a great dress at a great value and used an alterations person who worked closely with them so we could meet at the shop for fittings. I highly recommend checking them out and learning more about their causes. I hope to volunteer for them myself someday!

Sent on 08/14/2018