Bridal hair by Remona Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Lisa C. Married on 07/23/2021

The best of the best

Remona is hands down the most amazing hair stylist in the DC area! Words cannot express how talented she is. She did my hair for my wedding day as well as my mom and my mother-in-law. We all were IN LOVE with our hair style and couldn’t be happier. We all looked and felt beautiful. She is so amazing at what she does and she works efficiently! She also responds very quickly to email and texts. She made my hair look exactly how I wanted it! I have very fine hair that usually won’t hold in place until the end of the night but Remona was able to give it so much volume and it still looked exactly the same 12 hours later! She is also the SWEETEST person you’ll ever meet; she makes you feel comfortable and at ease and she goes above and beyond to make the experience enjoyable and worth it. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! We can’t thank her enough!
  • Mollie
    Mollie Married on 07/17/2021

Incredible 100% Recommend

Remona made my wedding day perfect! She had everyone feeling their best and looking their best by not only creating exactly what we had in mind with our hair but taking our ideas and going beyond what we could have come up with ourselves. Her talent is what made us hire her, but her personality is what made me just so happy I hired her. Stylist are a big part of your wedding day, with you hours before- for any changes and touchups after. I could not have pictured any other person but Remona there and a part of our weekend. 100% recommend, and 1000% grateful I had her with us for our wedding weekend!
    Hannah Married on 06/09/2021

SO nice, SO talented

Remona is one of the nicest people I've ever met - it felt like we were two old friends by the time the styling was over. Choosing hair and makeup for my wedding was one of the harder selections, as I wanted to find someone who I would feel comfortable with and who would listen to my ideas, but also provide their suggestions and talent. Remona did just that. The hairstyle I ended up choosing day-of was different than the styles we tried for my trial, but Remona was completely confident and totally at ease with a last minute change. She is so warm and interesting to talk to, and has such a clear passion for her job. The morning of my wedding, she called me to tell me she was on her way, and asked if I needed anything while she was still out -such a gem! Thank you Remona
  • Krista
    Krista F. Married on 05/22/2021

You cannot go wrong with Remona!!

I don't know what to say except that Remona is THE ABSOLUTE BEST. She transformed my hair for my wedding into old hollywood glam and made me feel like a princess. I need her to do my hair for the rest of my life. She is the sweetest, kindest person and is so accommodating to her brides. I can't say enough good things about her. If you want to feel amazing on your wedding day but also feel like you've become best friends with your hair stylist you need to hire Remona
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 11/08/2020

Wonderful Vendor Experience - She Made Me Feel Glamorous and Elegant

Remona is an excellent hair stylist. I did a trial with her and loved all the styles she did on me. She worked with extensions I brought in as well for the trial. On the morning of my wedding day, she arrived on time with all her tools and was such a warm and kind-hearted person to work with! Hire her!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth A. Married on 10/09/2020

Amazing wedding hair stylist!

Remona is amazing!! She does hair magic. I reached out to her on wedding wire and she responded quickly. I booked her about a month out from our wedding and she was fortunately available that day. I didn't do a hair trial but felt confident she would be able to do the updo I wanted based on her reviews and the conversations I had with her. She was very professional throughout the planning process, arrived on time on site, and is such a kind and warm person! She gave me the exact updo I envisioned on my wedding day and it came out better than I expected! I hope I have another occasion to have Remona do my hair, it was such a great experience!
    Vicki Married on 06/20/2020

Remona's the best!

Remona is beyond wonderful! Deciding how to do my hair was probably the hardest decision for me to make and Remona was incredibly patient and supportive. She provided suggestions, listened to my concerns, and was just overall a dream to work with. All of my bridesmaids also loved her! I can't say enough good things about working with Remona, she's the best!!
    Connie S. Married on 10/13/2019

Close the other browser tabs. This is it. You've found Remona.

Remona is spectacular. I wish I had more occasions on which I needed someone to do my hair. There is no one kinder and no one better. Remona and I had a fabulous hair trial in which we tried a wide variety of different styles, but she caught on to my style right away and made what I was hoping for possible. I hadn't wanted an updo, so we settled on a gorgeous old Hollywood look with long waves that was absolutely perfect and very true to who I am. The day of the wedding, she could not have been kinder or more helpful. Almost all of the ladies getting ready with me had never had their hair done by a professional before, and were pretty nervous that they would end up with a style that would make them recognizable. Not on Remona's watch! She took my mother-in-law's beautiful ringlets and styled them in a way that stayed true to her curls. She was grinning ear to ear for the rest of the day. She created braids from fantasy novels and added sass to short hair that day, too. And Remona's not the sort of person to do your hair and then say "okay, that's it, bye." Before I left for the venue, she made sure I knew how to maintain my hair for the rest of the night and left me with a little kit to make sure I could tame it if needed. What else can I say? Thank you for all your help, Remona - and hire Remona! This is it, you've found your person!
  • Reena
    Reena B. Married on 10/05/2019

The best!

I wish I could give Remona 10 stars and I’m sure this review won’t do her justice. My mother and I LOVED HER!! There is no one more talented or sweet than Remona. Within the first ten minutes of speaking with her, I knew she would be a perfect fit! She is so calming, and during my hair trial she did several different styles to make sure I was comfortable and happy. She did my hair for my sangeet ( pre-wedding event) and for my reception and I couldn’t have felt more beautiful. I also want to mention that Remona is multi-talented and helped me avert a disaster- the zip on my reception dress had broke – of course I was panicking , but Remona SAVED THE DAY and actually sewed me into the dress!!!!! I was very lucky to have her and I seriously cannot thank her enough
    Gi Married on 09/07/2019

Stunning hair on my wedding day!

I was concerned about my curly hair on my wedding day. Not only is Remona incredibly talented, she listened to my concerns and help create a stunning hairstyle for my wedding day. She and her team also styled my bridesmaids' hair and they all looked so beautiful! I highly recommend Remona!!!
  • Christina
    Christina F. Married on 08/25/2019

Hire Remona!

If there was one vendor I would say to hire, it would be Remona. Not only is she amazing at hair, but she goes out of her way to make sure your wedding day goes smoothly. As soon as she got to my suite, she showed me how to air out my dress and hang it up properly for the photographer. She also managed to get my father's boutonniere to stay on after his pin broke and last minute did my fiancé’s hair after he called me upset that he couldn't get his curly hair in control. She pulled off an old Hollywood glam look for me even though other hair stylists told me it would never stay put during an outdoor wedding. Not only did my curls stay, but my hair looked amazing the next morning. She really is the best. Hire Remona!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay D. Married on 07/27/2019

The Best Wedding Hair Experience

Remona is simply the best! Not only is she incredibly talented, she is also so kind, gracious and warm-hearted. My mom and I immediately feel in love with Remona at my hair trial where she spent so much time trying different hairstyles on my mom and me until we were happy (I am very picky about my hair). On the day of the wedding, her sweet calming energy kept me calm all day. All of the bridesmaids loved their hair, and Remona spent time with each girl understanding what exactly they wanted to create their perfect hairstyle. I ended up tweaking a hairstyle we tried at my trial, and Remona not only got it but completely blew me away. She worked on my hair throughout the day and even stayed to make sure my hair was perfect up until the ceremony. My hair lasted all night! Many of my engaged friends were taking pictures of my hair to replicate the beautiful style for their own weddings. I cannot recommend Remona enough! I am so grateful she was a part of my special day :)
    Laura Married on 07/06/2019

Highly recommend Remona for bridal hair

I highly recommend Bridal Hair by Remona. She is an absolute delight to work with. She was great helping me figure out the best hairstyle for my wedding and did an amazing day-of job with all of my family members and bridesmaids. She is a calming presence and I was so happy to have her around while we were getting ready. She's an absolute pro at her job and extremely responsive. You'll be thrilled to work with her. Thank you, Remona!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 06/29/2019

Absolutely amazing and makes hair dreams come true!

Remona is absolutely amazing and makes hair dreams come true!! I had a very specific hairstyle in mind for my wedding day and searched through tons of stylists to find the perfect one. Without a doubt, Remona is that!! My hair looked absolutely perfect and despite nearly 100 degree temps, stayed that way almost the entire day. Every one of my family and friends in the bridal party loved their hair too! Remona can make magic with every single type of hair and hair style to look like utter perfection. On top of that, Remona is the absolute sweetest person ever and made the day just so much more calm, fun and lovely. I adore her so much that I'm already thinking of ways that I can work with Remona again!!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 06/08/2019

Made me feel like the most beautiful version of myself!

Remona genuinely loves what she does and you can feel that in every step of the process with her. She really looks to understand your vision and make sure you feel like the best version of yourself. She is so talented and will continuously work with you until you know you have found the look. I am so thankful that she was our hair stylist for my wedding and I can't imagine having anybody else doing my hair on one of the most important days of my life (and probably the most photographed day of my life). Wanting to feel beautiful is a given but you also want to feel like yourself and Remona accomplishes that with ease. Not only did I love working with her but now my Mom and Step-mom are clients of Remona's as she has helped them with their every day hair! Don't hesitate securing Remona once you find her, you will be so thankful!
    Paula Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful Stylist & Person!

Remona is amazing: an amazing stylist and person!

When people look at our wedding photos, everyone comments on how much they loved my hair! She really made my wedding hairstyle fit and flow with my dress, the venue, and my personality. I know that may sound a bit strange but believe me, she did. I think this matching ability is a testament to how talented she truly is. In addition, everyone's hair in the bridal party looked awesome. All of our hairstyles held all day and night- with the warm summer air and all night dancing (even unpinned-mine still looked good the next morning at brunch!).

During our trial, in which she tried out several styles, I felt like we could sit and chat all day. She listened to what I liked, disliked, and any concerns I had. Remona has such an upbeat and lovely personality, which makes working with her such a joy, especially on your wedding day. She is great with communication, as well as bouncing various ideas off with. Remona is truly a delight to work with; and I highly recommend.
    Megan Married on 05/18/2019

Best part of the wedding experience was remona!

Not only is Remona extremely talented and professional, she is extremely kind, caring and has the most positive energy. She is exactly what you need on your wedding day! Remona played around with several different hair styles during the trial and really listened to me. She was quick, efficient and immediately made me feel comfortable. I made a few last minute changes to my hair on my wedding day and Remona stayed calm and did a fantastic job making my vision come true. She books up quickly because she is so incredible so don't wait. She was the easiest and best decision I made for my wedding besides the groom ;)
    Nicole Married on 05/03/2019

Timeless Beauty, Remona is the "Master of Hair"

Remona is the best of the best. My hair was STUNNING! Even after getting caught in the rain and dancing the night away my hair still looked as if it belonged in a magazine. Remona is a true professional, and she is a master of hair! She knew exactly what to do for each hair type and face of my wedding party. During my trial, she listened to me talked me through my look. Her demeanor is pleasant and calming, and exactly what you need on your wedding day. Book her! She is worth every penny, you will not be disappointed.
  • Tamanna
    Tamanna Married on 12/01/2018

the best in the biz

I met Remona nine years ago when she did my cousin's wedding--she also did my hair then, and I was truly blown away by her craft and her genuine personality. I basically sought her out right when I got engaged and was so lucky that she able to my wedding! She is still the best and created the look I wanted for my day. She is lovely and is so kind to those around her--it was awesome to spend a whole day with her. Can't say enough about how incredible she and her work is!
    Kallie Married on 11/10/2018
    If there is one thing I could tell you to do for your wedding, it would be to hire Remona!

I was lucky enough to find Remona after reading about her on District Weddings. From the first moment I spoke to her on the phone, I knew that I had made a wonderful decision. Remona and I scheduled a date and time for a trial run. Now I normally enjoy getting my hair done, but this was on a whole different level. We went through three different styles and discussed which one or two would be best for the wedding. It was so much fun, and it was the first time that I could see things starting to come together. We remembered to take some pictures so that both Remona and I could review them at a later date and decide on the perfect style.

On the day of my wedding, the first call I recieved was from my mother...of course. But, the next call was from Remona! She was so bright and chipper and said she was on her way to my house. She wasn't just on time, she was early. As soon as she arrived, we got started. She brought another hair stylist with her to accomodate all the women in my wedding. I was lucky because I got to sit in my curls all day and watch everyone else get their hair styled. It was so much fun!

Once she finished with everyone else we went upstairs to look at my dress and review my trial styles. We picked style #3. I sat down in the chair and watched as Remona created the perfect hair style for my wedding day. I have never felt so beautiful. She really created something that was personal and perfect for me. She even managed to hide all the little frizzies around my head :) Everyone was finished with time to spare, and all 11 women had completely different hair styles that looked amazing.

I left my house that day feeling absolutely perfect. I would recommend Remona to anyone and everyone. I'm pretty sure most of my bridesmaids will be booking her for their weddings. Remona felt like part of the family that day, and I am so happy that she was able to be there for my wedding day.

Thank you Remona!
    Liza M. Married on 10/20/2018

Remona is incredible!

Working with Remona is a dream. She did my sister’s wedding, my sister in law’s wedding, and mine. She is a joy to work with, brings such enthusiasm to the day, and works tirelessly until every person is thrilled with their hair. She created they most amazing ponytail for me to wear for my wedding, and perfectly captured a formal look with a youthful ease. Couldn’t recommend her enough!!!
    Jessica Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing!! Best hairstylist vendor in DC.

Remona was incredible to work with from start to finish. From the second I spoke with her on the phone over a year before my wedding, she was warm, loving, professional and so helpful. She is very detailed and really wants you to look and feel amazing. She stayed with me the entire day of the wedding from the moment I walked down the aisle- through pictures, touch-ups and everything in-between. My entire family and bridal party was in love with her. I really really hope I have the opportunity to work or at least see her again one day. She is truly the best!!
  • Lea
    Lea Married on 09/29/2018

Simply the best

What an AMAZING, KIND and TALENTED soul! Remona was one of the first vendors I solidified for my wedding (over a year out!). She was highly recommended to me by another bride/friend of mine and I was completely blown away. Remona is genuine, a true professional and knows her hair! She was very accommodating and flexible through all the planning. I did my trail with her which was super helpful and made the wedding day go as smooth as could be. She did the hairstyles for the MOB, MOG, and the maids of honor + the bride. Everyone looked flawless! I would 100% recommend Bridal Hair by Remona to all!
    Sasha Married on 09/02/2018

Wonderful experience

She was absolutely wonderful to deal with. I felt so calm being around her all day. My hair looked so pretty and it stayed all night during an outdoor wedding in the summer! I highly recommend her!
    Hillary Married on 09/01/2018

I cannot say enough good things

Having Remona with me on my wedding was one of the best choices I made. She radiates warmth (during what can be a chaotic time) and is incredibly talented. I already have and will continue to recommend Remona to anyone who asks.