Bridal Concepts by Christy Aspinwall Reviews

87 | Laurel, MD

87 Reviews for Bridal Concepts by Christy Aspinwall

Awesome I was SO thrilled with the whole experience with Christi! She was knowledgeable and taught me tricks I'm using everyday now to look better. Her flexibility couldn't have been any better. Want to be confident on your day choose her! I went originally with a disaster on the "test run" but the stylist thought it was great. Not, it didn't last an hour. With Christi it lasted ALL NIGHT . Our ceremony was at 5:30 and lasted with dancing (and we danced) until midnight! In July no less

Sent on 08/31/2012

Christy was awesome to work with! She was very sweet and willing to work with me on anything! She was very affordable and exceeded my expectations! All the girls hair and makeup was fabulous and better than what I expected! She was very flexible when I had to change where we were going to meet at to get our hair and makeup done. Every time I emailed her, she got back to me instantly! I couldn't have picked a better hair/makeup artist. Her assistant Kim was amazing as well and made our experience wonderful too. If you want to go with someone affordable, sweet, and does an amazing job with hair and makeup, you should definitely choose Bridal Concepts by Christy Aspinwall!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Heather · Married on 07/14/2012

It was a pleasure working with Christy! Five of us had our hair done and everyone of us was pleased with the outcome. Christy had no problem adjusting our hairstyles if we weren't happy with them the first time. She wants you to be happy and pleased with the way you look! The makeup looked beautiful as well.

Sent on 07/29/2012

Erin · Married on 07/04/2012

I found Christy on this website, and I am more than happy to spread the news and recommend her to everyone!! I LOVED working with Christy. I was a deer staring down headlights when I began to think about hair and makeup for the day of the wedding, seeing as how I almost never wear any make up and my idea of "doing my hair" means putting it in a pony tail. Also, as I was shopping around I was a bit shocked by how much it can cost to get hair and makeup done for a wedding. I was so relieved when I looked at Christy's prices. Until I found her website, I was seriously considering finding a friend or relative to do my hair. When I had my trial run, I had a great time getting to know Christy and working with her to try and find a style that worked best. She took a ton of pictures of everything and sent it to me immediately. Because I was so clueless, she did an excellent job of guiding me through the process of deciding how I wanted my hair to look. The best advice I got from her was to choose a look that shaped my face the best way. And when I looked through pictures with that in mind, it made it so much easier to decide on a look for the big day. She has a lot of experience, and she jut knows her stuff. But for me, what made the experience so much better, was her kindness. While I am forever grateful for the excellent job that Christy did on my hair and make up, I will remember her also for being such a kind person. The day of the wedding, she arrived the same time I did, and did my hair, my matron of honor's hair, my mother's hair, and my make up, but it never felt overwhelming. It felt like a bunch of girlfriends hanging out. So relaxing and fun. I felt beautiful, and for once, I didn't mind getting my picture taken so many times.

Sent on 07/20/2012
  • MSH

Maureen · Married on 04/27/2012

Christy was absolutely wonderful. She arrived at 8:00 to do hair and make-up for my 4 bridesmaids, myself, and both moms. She was even willing to do hair for my aunt and cousin at the last minute. I was so pleased with my hair I would consider using her again for any future weddings or occasions I am a part of.

Sent on 04/30/2012
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 07/15/2011

Christy was wonderful to work with from the word "Go." She was incredibly helpful with everything from finding a hair accessory to use on my wedding day, to working me into a busy Father's Day weekend for a hairstyle trial run, to conveniently coming to my house on the big day to do hair and makeup for my bridesmaids and me. She's also very affordable - one of the most reasonable I found by far, especially for the caliber of services and convenience of having her come to you on your hectic wedding day. Christy is the best!

Sent on 07/17/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/11/2011

Christy was amazing! She came out to my home for two trial runs and kept going til we ended up with a style I was happy with. On the big day she came to my fathers house early and with a smile on her face ready to make us all beautiful. She had a great attitude and was very responsive and attentive to what my girls wanted. I would use her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/13/2011

Jocelyn · Married on 06/04/2011

Christy was a pleasure to work with. Throughout the process of being a bride I have been amazed at how outrageous most of the wedding industry is. Christy seems to live outside of that. She is incredibly helpful and generous with her time. I have very difficult hair to work with (thick, wavy and short) and wanted 40s style finger waves. Christy was very accommodating and worked with me until I was confident that I had the style I wanted. On top of everything her prices are very reasonable. In addition she did my Mother in Law's hair along with my aunt's. Neither individuals were definite they were going to get something done and there were other possible people who thought they would. Christy was very flexible and did an excellent job on all of us!

Sent on 08/03/2011

Andrea · Married on 05/29/2011

Christy is a dream to work with. She's so outgoing, professional, and fun to be girly with since she does both hair and make-up for weddings.

One of the first things you'll find with Christy is how flexible she is to try a lot of different approaches with both hair and make-up depending on what you are looking for. Also, she comes with hair accessories to play with and takes pictures so you can reflect on the experience. She goes out of her way to please and did so with me.

Another big plus is she'll come to you. All the trials were at my home and on the wedding day, she was on time and ready at the wedding venue where I requested her to be. So you don't have to worry about the hustle and bustle of a salon if that's not your thing.

Finally, another big positive to Christy is her pricing. She offers superb services at really reasonable rates for the bride, wedding party members, and family. I had 4 people for Christy to manage (including me) and everything went smooth and all the ladies were happy and we had fun getting ready with her help. I'm still amazed by the final costs since it was so affordable.

And once pictures were posted, I got lots of compliments on how I looked and Christy was a big part in glamming me up, but keeping me natural all at the same time.

For all brides to be, check Christy out. She's the best!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Nic · Married on 10/31/2010

Christy and I discussed her services although I didn't have a chance to use them (my mother-in-law and mother's last minute changes) but Christy was very flexible and willing to make it work for the bride even though we had only contacted her a week's time in advance. I'm not able to select a "n/a" for quality since we couldn't use her, but I was so impressed with her attention that I needed to write her a review. She was very responsive, flexible and informative. Her services look great and the value is there as well. Thanks Christy - you were terrific.

Sent on 11/07/2010

Donna · Married on 10/16/2010

Christy made my bridal party and moms look absolutely beautiful! Christy arrived on time and was able to stick to the schedule that was planned. She was friendly and caring. Christy always asked for our opinions just to make sure we were happy with how she was making us look. We got our make up done in a hotel room and she even helped out making sure the maid service got us extra towels! Christy is very professional and very talented at what she does. I would highly recommend her to everyone that needs professional make up service! Thanks for making us look beautiful!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Cheryl · Married on 10/16/2010

Christy was wonderful! She did a beautiful job on the make-up for my daughter's wedding. We had lots of fun at the trial run and she had great suggestions. The day of the wedding, she arrived a little early and had everyone finished well ahead of schedule. Thanks Christy for making everyone look so beautiful. I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 03/12/2011

Lisa · Married on 10/09/2010

Christy was awesome! She came to me for both a practice and the day of event. She was willing to work with my schedule (as the ceremony was at noon, we needed to start getting ready pretty early). She was very friendly and did a great job! 5 stars for sure!

Sent on 10/21/2010

Brittany · Married on 08/27/2010

Christy was amazing! I found her here on wedding wire and liked her photos and her estimate. I had a hair and makeup trial with her and my mother about 6 months before the wedding, which went really well. One great thing about Christy is she is meticulous about taking photos of all the looks that you try which is great for reviewing what you like. She had lots of advice, product and ideas and had lots of accessories that complemented the ones I already had. She was fantastic on the day of the wedding! She was on time and not only did she do the hair and makeup she was scheduled for (mine, the two mothers' and two bridesmaids) but she was also able to lend her expertise and accessories to the other two bridesmaids who had problems when trying to do their own hair. She was knowledgeable and professional and friendly and does great work! I loved what she did with everyone's hair and makeup - mine included- and would highly recommended her to anyone.

Sent on 09/04/2010

Victoria · Married on 08/21/2010

Christy is amazing! She did my hair and makeup for my wedding in Florida, and gave her no instruction other than, "Make it awesome"...and that she DID. She put highlights in my hair that were GORGEOUS! The style matched my dress, very hippy/greek goodessy...it's was amazing. My makeup was flawless and lasted well into the evening. She even brought hair clips and flowers for my wedding party so we could match. She definitely went above and beyond.

Sent on 08/08/2017

bridget · Married on 06/26/2010

Christy cut my hair for a few months before my wedding, highlighted my hair and also did my updo for the big day. She is AMAZING and would do anything for me. She is friendly and gives you her honesy opinion. She is very talented and knows what she is doing. I have become quite fond of her and hope to keep her in my life. Great lady! Go with Christy!

Sent on 06/27/2010

Megan · Married on 04/23/2010

Christy was amazing! She did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup. She was very flexible with what I wanted. The week of the wedding I had found a new hair style I liked and she was perfectly fine with me changing my hair style a few days before the wedding. She was a blessing to have with me that day. My sisters and I were running a little behind on the wedding day, so in the end we were kind of rushing. I did not have a chance to clean up the hotel room before we had to leave, but to my amazement Christy had cleaned everything up and even put things back in there proper places. That was the best wedding present ever. I couldn't have asked for more. I highly recommend Christy. She goes above and beyond and I know you will be impressed with her service!

Sent on 04/28/2010

Sabrina · Married on 08/23/2008

Christy was amazing. She did the hair for me (the bride), my bridesmaids and even some other family members. She set aside her entire day to make sure that everyone was happy. I recieved numerous comments throughout the event about how beautiful everyones hair was.

Sent on 10/08/2008

Vickie · Married on 05/31/2008

Christy cut my hair and waxed my eyebrows. She's very friendly and personable, and she did a great job. I would recommend her to anyone. I'm very picky about how my eyebrows look after they've been waxed, and I thought she did a great job of shaping them; she did a great job on my hair, too.

Sent on 03/21/2010

Kelly · Married on 09/22/2007

I worked with Christy Aspinwall at The Drake Parlor Salon for my wedding hair and makeup. My wedding was in San Diego, CA and she came out to the wedding with us and did beautiful updos for me (the bride), 2 of my bridesmaids and the flowergirl. Before the wedding Christy met with me twice to do practice updos and makeup. She was very accomodating and willing to meet whenever was best for me. She was very helpful the day of the wedding and had everything planned out in order to relieve stress on me and to not be rushed at the end to get it all done. Christy was very helpful on the day of the wedding and even offered to help with other things while at the wedding. I would recommend her to anyone needing hair or makeup for their wedding or any other event.
    Thanks Christy for helping to make my day extra special!
    Kelly Holdridge

Sent on 03/25/2009

Bridal Concepts by Christy Aspinwall's reply:

Aw, thanks! So nice! *hugs*

S · Married on 01/24/2004

If you're looking for a friendly, professional, creative stylist for your big day, I highly recommend Christy Aspinwall. I had the pleasure of working with her twice- for hair and makeup the day of my engagement pictures as well as my wedding day. Our practice sessions left me feeling confident that I would be looking my absolute best as she used her expertise to transform our ideas into reality. She also worked hard to be accessible and flexible, which I appreciated immensely in the whirlwind that led up to my wedding, as well as the event itself! I couldn't be happier with the results, and am confident that whether you're looking for an elegant up-do or a more natural look, Christy will be able to help you with your beauty needs and make the experience a great one.

Sent on 10/07/2009

Laura · Married on 10/14/2017

Christy was just wonderful. She made the whole day such a fun experience and a joy. I felt great and looked hot... couldn’t ask for anything more as a bride!! Also, it was very affordable which I appreciated!!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Christy provided a very helpful hair trial session in which she looked at pictures of hairstyles I liked and came up with a few hairstyles along similar lines to show me. She took multiple pictures of each hair style tried so that I could see how it looked in pictures and remember what we tried. Very helpful! Also on the of the wedding, she did a great job in making my bridesmaids' hair look great, even when they did not quite know what they wanted. And of course my hair came out gorgeous and held up pretty well throughout the night.

Sent on 08/05/2013
  • size15boot

Keon · Married on 09/21/2012

I would highly recommend Christy! She was not only responsive and answered all of my questions but made me feel completely comfortable through the process. She made great recommendations to me for hair options and make up. She worked with me to find a style that I felt great about. She even ended up highlighting my hair prior to my wedding. She met the wedding party at a hotel and was very flexible that day. Once of my aunt's ended up loving her work and she did her hair as well, unplanned. The hotel room was filled with my loud family and she handled that like a pro. I am 100% happy with Christy's hair and make up styles. I will continue to go to Christy to get my hair done, she is fabulous!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Kristen · Married on 08/13/2011

Christy did a fantastic job for my wedding hair and makeup, as well as the hair of my 4 bridesmaids, flowergirl, and Aunt. Every one of us had unique style and a different vision for how we wanted our hair, and I must say she has a gift for achieving everyone's perfect look right away. We were all raving about the results. My Aunt, who has often traveled and gotten her hair done in other cities for black tie events noted that her work was the best she'd ever seen. Christy is so professional and sweet. She cares so much about making her clients happy, that her happiness and calm demeanor is contagious, which goes a long way on your big day. I loved her creative abilities with hair. She gave me 1930's style finger curls that go side to side, rather than cork screw, and I just loved it. I had never heard of it but when I described what I was looking for , she suggested this. We tried about 7 different hair styles in about a two hour trial visit, complete with digital photos.. It made it very easy to decide on the right hair style. When she came to our hotel to do all of our hair, she was ready to roll and she replicated my chosen hairstyle very quickly. I highly recommend Christy for any formal event.

Sent on 09/25/2011