Bridal Concepts by Christy Aspinwall Reviews

87 | Laurel, MD

87 Reviews for Bridal Concepts by Christy Aspinwall

Courtney · Married on 02/15/2014

Christy was great to work with. I booked Christy to do my hair and makeup as well as to work with my sister, mother in law, and a friend who was attending the wedding. She agreed to come to the hotel to work with all of us early on the morning of my wedding. When she arrived we had one additional person who wanted her hair done, and Christy accommodated us without any hesitation while sticking to her schedule to make sure we were out the door on time!

Sent on 03/04/2014

Kate · Married on 12/31/2013

Christy did a wonderful job at my wedding on New Year's Eve. She arrived early and finished everyone on time (despite one of my bridesmaids being late!). My bridesmaids and I looked wonderful. I had SO many compliments on my hair that night. Christy also did my mom's hair and makeup, and she also received many compliments on that as well!

Sent on 01/01/2014

Leah · Married on 11/10/2013

Christy was amazing and I would HIGHLY recommend her for hair and make-up. Working with her is so incredibly easy. She is very professional and has great ideas for options to choose from. My husband loved my style on our wedding day, couldn't stop raving about my unique hair design and my eye makeup. What I also loved about working with Christy is that she was super responsive via email. I had a last minute addition and then another deletion. Christy was able to accomdate and I was really thankful. Work with Christy, she's a true professional.

Sent on 11/11/2013

leonora · Married on 10/19/2013

Christy was so great! She traveled a decent distance to meet with me and my bridal party. The make up was so perfect and she did my hair so great!! She was a life saver!

Sent on 06/20/2014
  • Lindy13

Linda · Married on 10/11/2013

Christy is the consummate professional! She worked with me to try out three different styles before the wedding and executed perfectly the big day. Her assistant was a great addition to the team. Without a doubt I would recommend Christy to everyone. She is very flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to make the day a success. She also knows exactly when to help the bride and skillfully kept me calm at a few moments when I was ready to have a meltdown on others. Despite the weather (rain all day) my hair and makeup held up all night and even had a few curls left the next morning.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Christy was extremely helpful from the very beginning of working with her. She was able to answer all my questions and was extremely flexible. Her and her partner were able to do my hair, 7 bridesmaids and my mother in less time that we expected. My hair stayed all night and looked great in pictures. I had several bridesmaids who have hair that is extremely thick and doesn't usually hold up for long. Their hair help up with the 80 degree heat and hours of dancing. Christy met us at the hotel to get ready and was very professional. I would definitely refer to any brides.

Sent on 10/15/2013

If you're anything like me you probably have a spreadsheet with tabs for each of your vendors tracking pros, cons, prices and reviews. Stop right now and hire Christy. Her hair and makeup skills are undeniable and she has a fantastic personality. On the day of my wedding, my mother arrived on time at my hotel suite to get her makeup done only to realize that she forgot my dress!! Christy kept everyone calm and waited an extra hour until my mom returned with the dress. She helped me choose the perfect hair style even when I wasn't quite sure what I was looking for. My mother got so many compliments and my bridesmaid with crazy thick curly hair was incredibly happy with her braided updo. Her prices are fantastic compared to a salon or any of the other on site hair specialists and she does fantastic makeup too! Don't underestimate the craziness of a wedding day morning. It's going to be nuts no matter how much you plan. Christy is able navigate the craziness and allow you to sit back and relax. It's worth every single penny. I promise.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Megan · Married on 09/21/2013

Christy was so amazing to work with. I was lucky enough to work with her twice, once as a bridesmaid and once as a bride, and both times exceeded expectations. She's so kind and so talented!!! She's also very flexible even when its last minute. On my wedding day, I had to add an extra bridesmaid and she was glad to stay and help. Everyone looked gorgeous and the makeup stayed on all night, even after the cake smashing! I highly recommend Bridal Concepts by Christy!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Clare · Married on 09/14/2013

I had an amazing time working with Christy for my wedding and am happy to say that I am still a client of hers as I will be going back to her again and again to have my hair cut and styled!

First off, Christy has an amazing personality. She is kind, professional, and so easy to work with. I had two hair trials with Christy to find the perfect style. During each one she listened to what I wanted, what I didn't want, and worked so hard to get it just right. After two trials I can tell you that she is able to do ANYTHING. I went from wanting something very intricate and detailed to a very simple bun, so I have seen first hand the talent and skill she has!

I had seven bridesmaids and my mom getting ready with me on my wedding day. Christy and two of her assistants (La'Kendra and Kim) came to the hotel that we were getting ready at and made every one of us feel beautiful. Christy did my hair and it was absolutely perfect- I loved it and was so comfortable! I had my hair done at 8:00 AM and it was still perfectly intact at 11:30 PM! Christy also did everyones make-up, which she is amazing at. She is very skillful at getting you the look you want without making you feel like you have a pound of make-up on. Some girls did smokey eyes and some did a more dow-eyed look- Christy executed both styles beautifully. I highly recommend having her apply fake eyelashes too! I was apprehensive, but within 10 minutes you forget they're on and they really make your eyes pop. The rest of her team worked on the bridemaids' and my mom's hair. They were patient and very talented. Several girls even changed their minds half-way through and these women didn't bat an eye! Everyone left feeling great about their hair.

It's so important to feel beautiful and comfortable on your wedding day and that's exactly how Christy and her team make you feel. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Ali · Married on 07/06/2013

Christy was so relaxed and easy to work with, even when I changed my mind on my hair/makeup a few days after our run through. The best part was she came to our wedding location! She was prompt and finished when she said she would finish.

Everyone felt pampered and taken care of. I would DEFINITELY recommend Christy's services to anyone looking for a hair/makeup stylist for special events/weddings.

Thank you, Christy!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Christy was wonderful! From the trial appointment to the wedding day itself, it was a joy to work with her. Christy helped both of us (bride and mother of the bride) to decide on our desired "look" for the wedding and then made it "come to life" through both hair and make-up. We received so many compliments! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Jaclyn · Married on 06/15/2013

I am so glad I found Christy for my onsite hair and makeup. I was astounded at the minimum requirements and fees for other onsite hair/makeup artists, so I was so relieved to have found Christy. Not only are her rate extremely reasonable, but she is also so talented and very knowledgeable about hair and makeup. I actually did 2 hair and makeup trials with her because I ended up changing my mind after the first one (fickle bride here... lol) but the end result on my wedding day was exactly what I had envisioned!! She made all of us look so amazing (all 5 of my girls got hair done, 3 also had makeup) and my makeup and hair still looked great even after sweating and dancing my butt off! Even though I made a mistake and had misjudged how long it would take for one of my bridesmaid's hair (it was fair longer than I remembered!), Christy took it in stride and kept us on (and eventually ahead of) schedule. The little goody bag she gave me was also a nice treat. Thank you so much, Christy!

Sent on 06/20/2013

We are so glad that we chose Christy for our wedding! She provided both the hair and makeup for our bridal party. Everyone looked beautiful and they all loved their hair! She is also so easy to work with and has reasonable prices! I liked her so much that I even drove the 30minutes to her shop to get my hair cut after my wedding! I would highly recommend Christy to anyone! She did an amazing job!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Alicia · Married on 05/26/2013

Christy went above and beyond!! She added in my mom last minute for makeup and was even able to fit in my grand mother last minute. She was a true pleasure to work with and most importantly we all looked great!! We all still looked like ourselves but our best version. to top it off her prices were great! I am in a wedding in September for one of my bridesmaids from my wedding and she loved her so much she's already booked her. Everything about the day was perfect and Christy was very calm, professional and helpful. I would use her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/02/2013

Alicia · Married on 05/26/2013

Christy was such a pleasure to work with. I feel like after much research and calling around she was the only vendor for hair and makeup that was reasonably priced, everyone else was astronomical. After having my trial with her, I signed the contract. She is reasonable and her work is just outstanding. She was also just so much fun to work with, it was like having another friend with us getting ready. She accommodated a few extras the day of that came up in stride and she stayed on time! I am very type A and knowing that she had control of all the girls was such a relief and really helped me relax and enjoy the time getting ready. I recommended her to a friend that is getting married later this summer and I am so looking forward to working with her again. She was so professional and just delightful.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Shelly · Married on 05/25/2013

Christy is incredibly talented and incredibly professional. She was so patient duing the trial and knew what I wanted without being able to verbalize it! On the day of, she was such a peaceful and calming addition to the beautification process. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 05/30/2013

I found Christy on weddingwire when I started looking for things to plan my wedding. One of the things that got my attention on the reviews other brides wrote about Christy, was to know that she is a sweet, kind, good person. When I went over her studio for the trial, I knew that the reviews were true. Christy is not only a great stylist, with lots of cool ideas and knows how to make you look gorgeous, but also is a sweet, professional lady, always with a big smile. My wedding was at noon, so Christy came over at 7am, she was on time and with all of her equipment, ready to work! I even told her I needed to go a bit earlier than the original plan and she didn't panic nor got upset, she just kept working and we were ready to go before I knew it! It was a delight to have Christy as my stylist for my wedding, I felt amazing and she did an excellent job! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Christy did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup!! I had no idea what style I wanted but she came up with something that was gorgeous and so...perfectly me. She's creative, professional, reliable, and great to work with. I would hire her again.

Sent on 11/03/2012

Ginny · Married on 10/20/2012

Christy was AMAZING! Not only were her prices extremely reasonable, but she traveled to the location we were getting ready at! She was incredibly responsive throughout the whole planning process, and very flexible about my trial. She also patiently went through 5 different styles with me until we got it perfect! On the day of she arrived early and made sure all 6 ladies got their hair done on time. Not to mention, the bridal goody bag was pretty awesome :) I would highly recommend Christy for any event!

Sent on 10/27/2012

Christy was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was so kind and was great in helping me shape my look. I would absolutely recommend Christy to anyone!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Laura · Married on 09/22/2012

Christy and her assistant Kim were absolutely FANTASTIC to work with! From their work, to their flexibility, to their proessionalism and kindness, everything was totally perfect. My hair was beautiful and Christy worked with me to come up with a style that suited me. She was so fun to work with and was not daunted by the large wedding party I had to have styled in such a short (and EARLY) period of time. I cannot thank her enough for the beautiful job she did and would recommend her to all other brides out there looking for someone with extremely reasonable prices and great talent!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Kim · Married on 09/08/2012

I just recently met Christy and I am very impressed with her professionalism, promptness, and very detailed work she performs. I asked her on short notice to do my hair and makeup for my brother's wedding. My previous stylist cancelled at the last minute, and Christy made herself available immediately. She showed up on time, she did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup, and I am very glad to say I have met her :) She has now become my "personal" stylist! She had me looking beautiful for the wedding! I HIGHLY recommend her services to anyone who is looking for someone who is dependable, reliable, does great work, and has a great personality!

Sent on 09/12/2012

stacy · Married on 09/02/2012

Christy was amazing!! She did hair and makeup for 9 people for my wedding. She was efficient and never rushed anything. She went above and beyond. She not only did hair and makeup but she stayed late to help lace up my gown and place my veil....I would very highly recommend her to anyone for any event...not just brides. I would absolutely use her services again!!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Monica · Married on 08/05/2012

Christy was awesome from the start. I had a hard time starting the wedding planning process, so my communication with her was sporadic at best. Despite that Christy was very responsive and provided all of the information I needed.

At the practice run, all I had to do was say "French Twist" and she had my difficult hair looking absolutely fantastic. My mother, who was also getting her hair styled, had no idea what she wanted. Christy came up with a beautiful updo that mom felt comfortable with, and everyone loved!

On the day of the wedding there was an issue with finding the venue. Christy remained calm and professional and was still able to get us both finished on time. She even helped by taking boutonnieres to the guys before the ceremony, helping me into my dress, and even acted as a "bouncer" to make sure my mom and I had time to bond together before the ceremony.

Thank you very much for helping to make the big day go so well!

Sent on 08/07/2012

Erin · Married on 08/04/2012

Christy was great. I would recommend her to any bride. She was so easy to work with!

Sent on 09/19/2012