Bournedale Function Facility Reviews

Bournedale Function Facility 6
Bournedale Function Facility 7

Danielle · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect Venue

My husband and I most definitely recommend the Bournedale Function Facility as a wedding venue! They are so accommodating and made planning our wedding there as easy and stress-free as it could possibly be. Darin was a huge help during the months leading up to our wedding. He answered all of our questions in a timely manner, and would offer advice when we asked for his recommendations. He has several years of experience running weddings at Bournedale, and it shows.

We were so lucky to have perfect weather when we got married, so our guests were able to go out on the pontoon boat during cocktail hour (which they loved), and we were able to have the bonfire afterparty as well. Everyone loved the food and the Bournedale staff made sure my husband and I got our meals and drinks, since there's so much going on.

We had close family and the wedding party stay overnight in the houses on the property (where we were able to get ready as well). That was another main reason we chose Bournedale. We had several families traveling from far-away states, that having them stay on the venue property gave them one less thing to worry about.

If you're looking for a venue with a beautiful water view, lodging options on-site, great/dependable staff, and delicious food, this is your place! Not to mention the price is so much more reasonable than other New England venues we looked at.

Sent on 07/13/2019
  • Adeline

Adeline Medeiros · Married on 11/17/2018

There is nowhere else like Bournedale! You will be eternally grateful if you hold your wedding there!

Where do I start? Everything about our experience hosting our wedding at Bournedale was perfect.

We had the difficult task of planning a wedding from out of state. We had to look at venues online and try to gauge from reviews and pictures what the experience might be like. A friend from high school had her wedding at Bournedale and highly recommended it, so I had my sister go take a tour and FaceTime us. From that moment on, we felt blessed to have found Bournedale - and that feeling has only grown throughout the planning process and now as we reflect on our amazing wedding.

Every aspect of Bournedale is perfect:
    + The location? GORGEOUS in all seasons. We got married in November and even with bare trees, it felt like a magical location on the lake.

+ The value? Insane. I'm still sort of in shock at the experience we had for what we paid. Bournedale was the most affordable location in the area and it offered a million more things for that price.

+ The coordinator, Darin? Invaluable. He absolutely made the day. I can't say enough about my appreciation and love for Darin. He is MEANT for this kind of work. He has a calm, relaxed demeanor and yet has every little detail 100% covered. He is thoughtful, honest, and kind, and I was so, so grateful to be able to work with him for this wedding.

+ The food? Insanely good. Like, actually. I know people always say how they had people tell them the food was good afterwards, but my friends are RAVING. Everything was perfect and delicious and like a meal you would have at a really nice restaurant. The variety was awesome, and the chef is just the sweetest person. He accommodated not just your regular dietary restrictions but more unique ones with a smile, making every single one of our guests feel welcome. I ate at the wedding (Darin and Robin, another coordinator, made sure we did!!), and I still regret not eating more haha!

+ The experience? Where else can you have a beautiful ceremony on a lake, cocktail hour, an incredible dinner, super fun dancing, a bonfire with marshmallow roasting, an afterparty, AND brunch?! I can't tell you how much fun this was. I've never been to another wedding like it. I was pretty overwhelmed by the prospect of a wedding, and this actually made it so much better - we had so many opportunities to connect with our friends and family in a relaxed way, and there was much less pressure knowing we'd see folks at the afterparty and at brunch. Most of our guests were from out of town, and if this is true for you, you absolutely need to pick Bournedale.

+ The staff? Genuinely kind, wonderful, helpful, loving people - every last one. It truly feels like a family-run establishment. Everyone from Arnie, the owner, to the coordinators, to the kitchen staff, to the great guys who drove us around in golf carts all night long were just the sweetest, loveliest people. I can't express my gratitude to them all enough for making us feel so welcomed and supported.

Truly, there is nowhere else like Bournedale. I can't express how over the moon I am with the experience we had there. It's hard to imagine why anyone in Massachusetts or the surrounding area would ever plan a wedding anywhere else when Bournedale is an option. I am going to cherish my time there forever -- my now husband and I are already planning to send our future kids to camp there and want to rent it out again in the future for an anniversary or family celebration!

Sent on 12/16/2018
    Bournedale Function Facility 11
    Bournedale Function Facility 12

Christina · Married on 10/06/2018

Fantastic value, Amazing Wedding Venue

Bournedale was such a fantastic choice for our October wedding. Darin and his team were AMAZING! He was so responsive, friendly and professional. Such a great events coordinator. He was great about making sure everything went smoothly and on time, he also made sure we were well fed during dinner! We had so much time before the wedding, about 3 hours before the ceremony to just relax, hang around, greet our guests and take beautiful photos on the grounds. This venue was definitely unique, guests were most impressed by the pontoon boat rides, such a fun and unique activity to have at a wedding. The food was also phenomenal, I still have people saying how AMAZING the food was. We had the carving station and a pizza station (along with veggies and salads). I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Shauna

Shauna · Married on 09/15/2018

Best decision we made!!!

We got married at Camp Bournedale September 15, 2018 and Darin and his team handled everything from A-Z….from my emails throughout the year with 100 questions, setting up all the décor we dropped off and being our day of coordinator they were absolutely wonderful. I can’t recommend them enough. We didn’t have to worry about a thing. All our guests raved about the food, service and overall experience. We had so many people tell us it was the best wedding they ever went to, and I can attribute this to Bournedale and their team.

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • Maura

Maura · Married on 09/14/2018

amazing campground wedding venue!

Darin and the crew at Bournedale helped us have the most amazing campground wedding! We cannot recommend them enough. He was available throughout the year for questions and then on the day of he was definitely the one to keep everything flowing smoothly. Him and his team definitely have it down to a science! The camp background gave a relaxed and fun yet gorgeous and elegant feel to the entire day. They helped with setting up all the decorations (inside and out) and the food was amazing. After the reception they kept the bonfire going for everyone to enjoy. Everyone was able to sleep over in the cabins and houses on-site which made for a memorable and fun sleepover experience for all. People are still telling us how much fun they had at our wedding. I can't recommend Camp Bournedale (and Darin and his team) enough! We want to go back for a reunion!

Sent on 01/15/2019
    Bournedale Function Facility 24
    Bournedale Function Facility 25
    Bournedale Function Facility 26

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2018

I don't even know where to begin to thank Darin and the Bournedale crew. My wedding exceeded every expectation I had. The food was incredible and everyone raved about it. Everything was perfectly cooked and delicious. I couldn't believe the amount of appetizers that got passed around. Darin brought our dinner to our table so my husband and I didn't have to go through the buffet line. The staff set up all of my decorations and even put together my intricate centerpieces despite my warnings that it might be a lot of work. Everything was set up just as I had imagined. The guests loved being escorted from their cars via golf cart. Thunderstorms were looming all day and the clouds got steadily worse but Darin was optimistic and we set up for the outdoor ceremony that I dreamed of. During the ceremony people starting looking at the sky and we began to feel a few drops. Not even 2 minutes after everyone got inside it poured the hardest rain I've seen in years. It was incredible. I would have been so sad if we weren't able to do the outdoor ceremony and thanks to Darin and everyone who helped with the set up they made it happen for me even though we knew it was going to rain at some point. Having everyone stay overnight was one of the best parts. The bonfire was really special and we had pizzas delivered that the crew kept warm until we were ready for them. Rain ended the bonfire early but we got rides back to our houses on the golf carts which was great. The breakfast the next morning was delicious. I could not stop eating the blueberry bread. Arnie the owner was there for the ceremony and the breakfast and was such a sweet man. I could go on and on. From the big things, to the very small things, Darin and his staff went out of their way to help us have an amazing wedding. Words can't even express how happy I am. Have your wedding here!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

I can’t say enough good things about this place. Everything was wonderful, food was great, we had a blast!! Best day of my life and the team at bournedale really helped pull everything off without a hitch! Fire pit at night was so much fun! I highly recommend this place for your wedding!!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Samantha · Married on 05/19/2018

Having my wedding at Camp Bourndale was the best decision I have ever made!! Darin and his team are beyond amazing to work with. They walked us through everything that had to be done that day so I didn’t have to think about anything! The food was absolutely amazing and as I see my guests they all remind me of the food!!!! I couldn’t thank Darin and his staff more for the most amazing day of my life!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Heather · Married on 05/19/2018

Perfect laid back yet elegant venue! Darin was very professional, along with all of the other staff. We had the time of our life and are so happy we chose Bournedale for our wedding.

Sent on 06/01/2018
    Bournedale Function Facility 27

Paula · Married on 05/19/2018

Our daughters wedding was absolutely perfect!!! Even the weather didn’t put a damper on all the festivities.
    Darin and all the staff welcomed us as family.
    The food was fabulous!!
    We had the time of our lives!!

Sent on 06/08/2018
  • Sherri

Sherri Barry · Married on 12/01/2017

Love happiness and worry free

My Experiance from sitting with Darrin to “view” the venue to wedding day was smooth. Darrin was always accessible for questions. Very organized team at Bourndale. (So organized I dropped my centerpieces day prior and the set them up for me). My guest book was Polaroid photos, Bourndale staff kept the film rolling and batteries changed. The little details were never a thought for me. The Chef who takes care of all food from Apps to main course Was phenomenal great care was put into every detail! Having the option to stay at property and continue the celebration took away the worry of guests driving after enjoying such a fun night!. Always having staff ready to escort guests and wedding party from reception to houses to bonfire made it easy to access all the amenities the facility had to offer! I’m one happy Bride my Experiance here will be one I’ll never forget !

Sent on 12/07/2018

Kale · Married on 10/06/2017

Bournedale Function Facility completely exceeded our expectations. This is the only venue we saw and after meeting with Darin there was no question this is where we wanted to get married at. Everything was amazing and they couldn't be more accommodating and professional about everything. Their staff and Chef are truly top notch and made everything perfect.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/29/2017

Darin was so helpful! Any question I had he helped me. This is a beautiful venue and my special day was amazing thanks to the staff and Darin!

Sent on 12/24/2017

Toni · Married on 09/15/2017

When I first mentioned Bournedale as a possible wedding venue to my daughter she wasn't too agreeable, but once she looked a little more into it she decided to consider it. It was the first venue she toured and she was one and done! The vibe you receive with the coordinator is crucial to executing the event of your dreams and Darin was so congenial that we knew right away this would be a professional, yet personable relationship. Throughout the planning process Darin answered our questions, no matter how many or how silly, completely and in a manner that put us at ease. We were encouraged to come and see a wedding set up prior to the ceremony so we could get a feel for how it would look as a wedding venue. On the day of the wedding, Darin and his staff were calm and efficient. Anything we needed or wanted was never a problem, nor did anyone seem put out by any of our guests' requests. One of our guests is confined to a wheelchair and the valet parking attendants advised her parents to drive right to the reception facility. At that point Darin secured a golf cart to drive her right down to the ceremony site, and then brought her back up to the reception after. We did not think to arrange this advance, but we didn't need to because Darin had it all under control. Also, this gesture touched her and her parents because they maneuver difficult situations on a daily basis. Robin, the coordinator we met the day of the wedding was extremely attentive to any and all of our needs. Immediately after the ceremony where the bridal party went for formal pictures there were pitchers of cold water, Wendy brought out trays of hors d'oeurves, and Robin took drink orders for the bridal party. Our guests could not stop raving about the food and service during the reception! Drinks are reasonably priced and no one complained about long lines at the bar. We did the overnight and the accommodations, as well as the bonfire were perfect! Breakfast in the morning was great!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/24/2017

If we could rate Bournedale more than 5 stars for everything, we definitely would. From the moment we walked on the property for our first tour, we knew Bournedale was the place. Located on Great Herring Pond, the water view was breathtaking and the entire place gave off such a comfortable vibe. We knew that we were having a large wedding (almost 200 people), and not only was Bournedale able to seat everyone comfortably in the reception hall, they also offer overnight accommodations to all guests. That meant no one had to worry about transportation or finding a hotel, which was fantastic. After the reception, all overnight guests were invited to a bonfire on the beach, and golf cart transportation was provided to and from all of the cabins and houses. Some said the golf cart rides were just as much fun as the pontoon boat rides that the offer during cocktail hour!
    More than anything, though, the staff at Bournedale are truly what make the place so spectacular. Our wedding coordinator, Darin, was with us every step of the way; he guided us through the entire process, answered every question we had, and made planning so much easier than we anticipated. We met Robin slightly before the wedding and was told she (along with other staff members) would be setting up our decorations and handling most of the logistics on the day of the wedding. When I stepped into the reception hall prior to the ceremony, my breath was literally taken away. It was decorated so beautifully that our friends who attended Camp Bournedale as children kept commenting as to how it was "unrecognizable as a camp." And the FOOD! Our guests are still telling us that it was the best meal they have ever eaten, and we agree! We want to plan more parties just so we can host them at Bournedale, because we will never find a better facility.
    From the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank everyone at Bournedale for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Tamisha · Married on 06/23/2017

The best venue ever. Everything was beautiful pic perfect from start to finish. We bad a evening wedding starting at 630 and everying was ready for her. Food was amanzing! The overnight stay was amanzing! Dan did a really good job and even thought he was out of town my wedding day he pick the right person Robin to do the job. Beautiful wedding venue! I want all of my friends to get marries there. 6/23/17 The best day ever! Thank you Bournedale function facility

Sent on 08/07/2017
  • U

Uche · Married on 06/09/2017

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding. Everything went so smoothly thanks to Darin and his staff. They were very attentive to us and our guests needs. They were also very flexible and understanding as well - it started to rain and thunderstorm exactly at 5 pm when our ceremony was supposed to be, but we waited for a half hour in the bar and the storm passed. It ended up being a beautiful sunset with a bright full moon. The bonfire, boat ride, and guests houses make this place very unique at an affordable price. Guests were saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Sara · Married on 05/27/2017

Darin and his team were incredible. They really went above and beyond, thinking of everything. Darin even personally came over and made sure that my husband and I ate before the festivities swept us away. If you are looking for a gorgeous venue that also provides and calm and serene experience for you, your husband and your guests, check them out. I have guests who, months later, are still complimenting us on our wedding and wishing we could all do it again.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Lisa · Married on 04/22/2017

Darin was extremely accommodating and easy to work with. We didn't need to worry about any details, everything was taken care of. Everyone had an amazing time!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Cheryl · Married on 10/08/2016

We got married at Bournedale on 10/8/16 and had the most wonderful wedding. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, from the lawn, to the pond, to the reception hall. The lawn looked absolutely beautiful and Darin and his staff had the reception space looking absolutely lovely with all of our decorations. The staff was friendly and super accommodating, I honestly could not have asked for anything more, and all of our guests were raving about their service. The whole wedding was beautiful, yet laid back and fit us perfectly. The bonfire is an amazing touch and our guest thoroughly enjoyed this special feature of the venue. In a nutshell, the coolest place for a wedding, with the most kind, wonderful, and hard working staff!!!!! We cannot thank Bournedale enough for making our special day PERFECT!!!! - Cheryl & Mike

Sent on 10/17/2016

Meg · Married on 08/20/2016

This venue was the perfect place for my daughter's wedding. We wanted to make sure it was fun for all guests and the Bournedale Function Facility had great places for guests to gather, whether it be on the dance floor or outside on the deck! Good time were had by all. The dinner choices are extensive, we chose lobster or steak, everything was cooked to perfection!! Can't say enough good about our experience!! Darin and his staff were there to support us from day one. All of our questions/worries where addressed promptly --they truly have been through it all and take care of items you are not even aware of !!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Our wedding was perfect! Darin and his staff were amazing and so accommodating. Everyone said how amazing everything was. The food was unbelievable...we had so many positive comments. Darin was on top of everything...we didn't have to worry about anything, he took care of it! We would highly recommend Bournedale...you will not be disappointed and we hope we can someday return as guests of another wedding! If you are considering Bournedale you should book it...we are so happy we did!

Sent on 06/24/2016

kaitlynne · Married on 05/21/2016

If we could give 10 stars, we would!!
    We got married at Bournedale on May 21, 2016 and we can honestly say it was the best day of our lives, partly thanks to how amazing Darin (the wedding coordinator), and everyone else at Bournedale!
    We booked about 2 years ago (had a long engagement) and had a long time to plan/iron out details, and Darin was so great with my 100+ questions along the way. Darin is caring, down to earth, so patient, and responsive.
    First of all, the pricing of Bournedale is great. You get so much more than what you pay for!
    Secondly, if you are looking for a unique venue and more of a weekend experience, Bournedale is the place! They do not do rehearsals (which honestly you don't need because Darin and Robin are there to guide everything the day of). The property is gorgeous in of itself - love the lake front and the wraparound porch. Our guests loved staying in the houses and cabins (they seem to keep buying and renovating more houses each year) and riding the pontoon boat during cocktail hour. Everything went off without a hitch!
    We have been to many weddings (so have our guests), and both myself, my husband, and our guests truly do feel this was the most fun and unique wedding ever! Definitely do the beach bonfire! The food was also AMAZING!! Everyone loved the breakfast the next morning; it was really great to celebrate one last time and say our goodbyes the next morning over delicious bacon and eggs!
    I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a fairytale wedding weekend!! We are crossing our fingers someone we knows books so we can come back as guests!!

THANK YOU DARIN & BOURNEDALE!!!

Sent on 06/05/2016

They were extremely helpful. We planned on a June wedding but due to a military move we ended up moving the wedding up to December. They were so helpful good day of the wedding we had beautiful weather so we ended up having it outside on the beach like we originally wanted. They set up all of the centerpieces they set up the dessert table they set up everything and made it Gorgeous. They're extremely professional and the food was absolutely amazing we decided to have the overnight package so we all had the houses to stay in with our own rooms and kitchen. The next morning there was a huge continental breakfast set up for everyone with coffee and tea and anything else that we wanted. The pool was also available for people to go swimming if they wanted they were extremely flexible we were able to get there at 9 o'clock the day of the wedding and we didn't leave until 1 o'clock the next day and they were completely okay with it.

Sent on 12/27/2015