74 Reviews for Bournedale Function Facility

Server(s) (4)
Cash Bar (4)
Premium Liquor (4)
Signature Drink (3)
All Inclusive Packages (2)
Bridal Suite (2)
Tastings (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
74 Bournedale Function Facility Reviews

I don't even know where to begin to thank Darin and the Bournedale crew. My wedding exceeded every expectation I had. The food was incredible and everyone raved about it. Everything was perfectly cooked and delicious. I couldn't believe the amount of appetizers that got passed around. Darin brought our dinner to our table so my husband and I didn't have to go through the buffet line. The staff set up all of my decorations and even put together my intricate centerpieces despite my warnings that it might be a lot of work. Everything was set up just as I had imagined. The guests loved being escorted from their cars via golf cart. Thunderstorms were looming all day and the clouds got steadily worse but Darin was optimistic and we set up for the outdoor ceremony that I dreamed of. During the ceremony people starting looking at the sky and we began to feel a few drops. Not even 2 minutes after everyone got inside it poured the hardest rain I've seen in years. It was incredible. I would have been so sad if we weren't able to do the outdoor ceremony and thanks to Darin and everyone who helped with the set up they made it happen for me even though we knew it was going to rain at some point. Having everyone stay overnight was one of the best parts. The bonfire was really special and we had pizzas delivered that the crew kept warm until we were ready for them. Rain ended the bonfire early but we got rides back to our houses on the golf carts which was great. The breakfast the next morning was delicious. I could not stop eating the blueberry bread. Arnie the owner was there for the ceremony and the breakfast and was such a sweet man. I could go on and on. From the big things, to the very small things, Darin and his staff went out of their way to help us have an amazing wedding. Words can't even express how happy I am. Have your wedding here!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

I can’t say enough good things about this place. Everything was wonderful, food was great, we had a blast!! Best day of my life and the team at bournedale really helped pull everything off without a hitch! Fire pit at night was so much fun! I highly recommend this place for your wedding!!

Profile Picture Ashley , 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Parking, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Perfect laid back yet elegant venue! Darin was very professional, along with all of the other staff. We had the time of our life and are so happy we chose Bournedale for our wedding.

Profile Picture Heather, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having my wedding at Camp Bourndale was the best decision I have ever made!! Darin and his team are beyond amazing to work with. They walked us through everything that had to be done that day so I didn’t have to think about anything! The food was absolutely amazing and as I see my guests they all remind me of the food!!!! I couldn’t thank Darin and his staff more for the most amazing day of my life!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our daughters wedding was absolutely perfect!!! Even the weather didn’t put a damper on all the festivities.
Darin and all the staff welcomed us as family.
The food was fabulous!!
We had the time of our lives!!

Profile Picture Paula, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Bournedale Function Facility completely exceeded our expectations. This is the only venue we saw and after meeting with Darin there was no question this is where we wanted to get married at. Everything was amazing and they couldn't be more accommodating and professional about everything. Their staff and Chef are truly top notch and made everything perfect.

Profile Picture Kale, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Darin was so helpful! Any question I had he helped me. This is a beautiful venue and my special day was amazing thanks to the staff and Darin!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When I first mentioned Bournedale as a possible wedding venue to my daughter she wasn't too agreeable, but once she looked a little more into it she decided to consider it. It was the first venue she toured and she was one and done! The vibe you receive with the coordinator is crucial to executing the event of your dreams and Darin was so congenial that we knew right away this would be a professional, yet personable relationship. Throughout the planning process Darin answered our questions, no matter how many or how silly, completely and in a manner that put us at ease. We were encouraged to come and see a wedding set up prior to the ceremony so we could get a feel for how it would look as a wedding venue. On the day of the wedding, Darin and his staff were calm and efficient. Anything we needed or wanted was never a problem, nor did anyone seem put out by any of our guests' requests. One of our guests is confined to a wheelchair and the valet parking attendants advised her parents to drive right to the reception facility. At that point Darin secured a golf cart to drive her right down to the ceremony site, and then brought her back up to the reception after. We did not think to arrange this advance, but we didn't need to because Darin had it all under control. Also, this gesture touched her and her parents because they maneuver difficult situations on a daily basis. Robin, the coordinator we met the day of the wedding was extremely attentive to any and all of our needs. Immediately after the ceremony where the bridal party went for formal pictures there were pitchers of cold water, Wendy brought out trays of hors d'oeurves, and Robin took drink orders for the bridal party. Our guests could not stop raving about the food and service during the reception! Drinks are reasonably priced and no one complained about long lines at the bar. We did the overnight and the accommodations, as well as the bonfire were perfect! Breakfast in the morning was great!

Profile Picture Toni, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If we could rate Bournedale more than 5 stars for everything, we definitely would. From the moment we walked on the property for our first tour, we knew Bournedale was the place. Located on Great Herring Pond, the water view was breathtaking and the entire place gave off such a comfortable vibe. We knew that we were having a large wedding (almost 200 people), and not only was Bournedale able to seat everyone comfortably in the reception hall, they also offer overnight accommodations to all guests. That meant no one had to worry about transportation or finding a hotel, which was fantastic. After the reception, all overnight guests were invited to a bonfire on the beach, and golf cart transportation was provided to and from all of the cabins and houses. Some said the golf cart rides were just as much fun as the pontoon boat rides that the offer during cocktail hour!
More than anything, though, the staff at Bournedale are truly what make the place so spectacular. Our wedding coordinator, Darin, was with us every step of the way; he guided us through the entire process, answered every question we had, and made planning so much easier than we anticipated. We met Robin slightly before the wedding and was told she (along with other staff members) would be setting up our decorations and handling most of the logistics on the day of the wedding. When I stepped into the reception hall prior to the ceremony, my breath was literally taken away. It was decorated so beautifully that our friends who attended Camp Bournedale as children kept commenting as to how it was "unrecognizable as a camp." And the FOOD! Our guests are still telling us that it was the best meal they have ever eaten, and we agree! We want to plan more parties just so we can host them at Bournedale, because we will never find a better facility.
From the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank everyone at Bournedale for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The best venue ever. Everything was beautiful pic perfect from start to finish. We bad a evening wedding starting at 630 and everying was ready for her. Food was amanzing! The overnight stay was amanzing! Dan did a really good job and even thought he was out of town my wedding day he pick the right person Robin to do the job. Beautiful wedding venue! I want all of my friends to get marries there. 6/23/17 The best day ever! Thank you Bournedale function facility

Profile Picture Tamisha, 6/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding. Everything went so smoothly thanks to Darin and his staff. They were very attentive to us and our guests needs. They were also very flexible and understanding as well - it started to rain and thunderstorm exactly at 5 pm when our ceremony was supposed to be, but we waited for a half hour in the bar and the storm passed. It ended up being a beautiful sunset with a bright full moon. The bonfire, boat ride, and guests houses make this place very unique at an affordable price. Guests were saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to.

Profile Picture Uche, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Darin and his team were incredible. They really went above and beyond, thinking of everything. Darin even personally came over and made sure that my husband and I ate before the festivities swept us away. If you are looking for a gorgeous venue that also provides and calm and serene experience for you, your husband and your guests, check them out. I have guests who, months later, are still complimenting us on our wedding and wishing we could all do it again.

Profile Picture Sara, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We got married at Bournedale on 10/8/16 and had the most wonderful wedding. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, from the lawn, to the pond, to the reception hall. The lawn looked absolutely beautiful and Darin and his staff had the reception space looking absolutely lovely with all of our decorations. The staff was friendly and super accommodating, I honestly could not have asked for anything more, and all of our guests were raving about their service. The whole wedding was beautiful, yet laid back and fit us perfectly. The bonfire is an amazing touch and our guest thoroughly enjoyed this special feature of the venue. In a nutshell, the coolest place for a wedding, with the most kind, wonderful, and hard working staff!!!!! We cannot thank Bournedale enough for making our special day PERFECT!!!! - Cheryl & Mike

Profile Picture Cheryl, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was the perfect place for my daughter's wedding. We wanted to make sure it was fun for all guests and the Bournedale Function Facility had great places for guests to gather, whether it be on the dance floor or outside on the deck! Good time were had by all. The dinner choices are extensive, we chose lobster or steak, everything was cooked to perfection!! Can't say enough good about our experience!! Darin and his staff were there to support us from day one. All of our questions/worries where addressed promptly --they truly have been through it all and take care of items you are not even aware of !!

Profile Picture Meg, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning, Parking, Shuttle

Our wedding was perfect! Darin and his staff were amazing and so accommodating. Everyone said how amazing everything was. The food was unbelievable...we had so many positive comments. Darin was on top of everything...we didn't have to worry about anything, he took care of it! We would highly recommend Bournedale...you will not be disappointed and we hope we can someday return as guests of another wedding! If you are considering Bournedale you should book it...we are so happy we did!

Profile Picture Malorie, 6/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake

If we could give 10 stars, we would!!
We got married at Bournedale on May 21, 2016 and we can honestly say it was the best day of our lives, partly thanks to how amazing Darin (the wedding coordinator), and everyone else at Bournedale!
We booked about 2 years ago (had a long engagement) and had a long time to plan/iron out details, and Darin was so great with my 100+ questions along the way. Darin is caring, down to earth, so patient, and responsive.
First of all, the pricing of Bournedale is great. You get so much more than what you pay for!
Secondly, if you are looking for a unique venue and more of a weekend experience, Bournedale is the place! They do not do rehearsals (which honestly you don't need because Darin and Robin are there to guide everything the day of). The property is gorgeous in of itself - love the lake front and the wraparound porch. Our guests loved staying in the houses and cabins (they seem to keep buying and renovating more houses each year) and riding the pontoon boat during cocktail hour. Everything went off without a hitch!
We have been to many weddings (so have our guests), and both myself, my husband, and our guests truly do feel this was the most fun and unique wedding ever! Definitely do the beach bonfire! The food was also AMAZING!! Everyone loved the breakfast the next morning; it was really great to celebrate one last time and say our goodbyes the next morning over delicious bacon and eggs!
I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a fairytale wedding weekend!! We are crossing our fingers someone we knows books so we can come back as guests!!

THANK YOU DARIN & BOURNEDALE!!!

Profile Picture kaitlynne, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were extremely helpful. We planned on a June wedding but due to a military move we ended up moving the wedding up to December. They were so helpful good day of the wedding we had beautiful weather so we ended up having it outside on the beach like we originally wanted. They set up all of the centerpieces they set up the dessert table they set up everything and made it Gorgeous. They're extremely professional and the food was absolutely amazing we decided to have the overnight package so we all had the houses to stay in with our own rooms and kitchen. The next morning there was a huge continental breakfast set up for everyone with coffee and tea and anything else that we wanted. The pool was also available for people to go swimming if they wanted they were extremely flexible we were able to get there at 9 o'clock the day of the wedding and we didn't leave until 1 o'clock the next day and they were completely okay with it.

Profile Picture charity, 12/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Bournedale Function Facility is the dream wedding venue! From the moment I drove up the pathway and got a glimpse of the main hall and pond, I knew it was the right choice for us! My husband and I got the Beach Extravaganza Package. Darin and all the Bournedale staff continually went above and beyond to make the entire weekend fantastic. Through countless emails and phone calls ahead of time, I felt confident that we had covered all our bases and the weekend would run smoothly. They were upfront about cost, and the price they gave was the price we paid. There were no added on costs for cake-cutting, linens or uncorking fees like some other venues add on at the last minute.
Every single request we had was met with “Sure!”. To say that the Bournedale staff was accommodating would be a huge understatement. Since the wedding party was able to stay over the night before, we had already brought all of our supplies to the hall and set everything up. That left the remaining day-of setup to be completed by Bournedale staff. We just dropped things off and they were magically set up when the time came. The ceremony began on time, with everything in place, and Bournedale staff available for a few last minute requests. They even had a golf cart to drive our guests from the parking area (and houses/cabins) down to the ceremony site. The Bournedale staff worked seamlessly with our photographer and DJ, and guest kept commenting on how smoothly things were flowing. Dinner was delicious with exactly what we had picked out (they were very flexible with some changes from what is listed on the menu). We had a handful of guests with food allergies and the kitchen and serving staff were very cautious and helpful. We chose Bournedale for many reasons, but the cabins and houses were definitely what put the venue over the top! I am very cautious about safe drinking, and having guests sleep over at the venue allowed for a worry free night of partying! All in all, a fantastic experience!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations

Camp Bournedale and it's staff made our wedding day perfect! The venue itself is great, with a scenic ceremony space by Herring Pond and the hall directly next to it with a great wrap-around deck for cocktail hour, our guests were very impressed. Darin took care of all our questions and concerns throughout the planning and made sure our day was as relaxing and carefree as possible. The staff were all very courteous and helpful, all of our guests were treated to rides around the campground in addition to boat rides during cocktail hour. The food was great and the bonfire after the reception was a perfect ending to the night. The on-site houses and cabins were a great way to keep the party going after the reception and provided a place for our guests to crash without worrying about driving home. We highly recommend Bournedale to anyone looking to have a laid-back wedding on the Cape!

Profile Picture User5607987, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Liquor, Liquor License, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Accommodations

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about Darin and his team at Bournedale. Darin was communicative throughout the planning process and gave us multiple tours of the facilities. He also had great advice on room set up and was present on the day of our wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly. We didn't have a wedding planner, and we honestly didn't need one given Darin's knowledge and advice on local vendors that we could use. The facility itself is GORGEOUS. Having your ceremony in front of a lake is hard to beat, and the combination of indoor/outdoor reception space was perfect for letting people dance and socialize. Also - boat rides??! Unexpected and amazing post ceremony perk. And after all that, it ended up being far less expensive than many of the other options we looked out, even including our open bar tab. We had the perfect wedding - thank you so much Bournedale!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Bartender(s), House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Shuttle

It was the best day of our lives and everybody contributed to make it go smoothly! Darin made it easy on me and responded very promptly to my emails regarding various questions! The property is beautiful and I truely dont have a single negative thing to say. The guests gave amazing feedback with many of them saying it was the greatest wedding they've ever attended
Theres a reason they are booked for the next 2 years!

Profile Picture Renee, 8/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We decided on Bournedale Function Facility a year and a half before our wedding. My fiancé and I went with my dad the first time with plans to go to a different place the following day with both sets of parents. My family grew up camping and staying on a lake so as soon I stepped out of the car and was warmly greeted by Darin, the coordinator, I felt at home. My now husband and I decided early on in the planning process that we wanted a laid back, party atmosphere. Bournedale allowed for us to host our own after party with a big bonfire and let everyone stay in the cabins and houses. Immediately after visiting the other venue with both families the following day we decided we all needed to drive to bournedale to see it. We were sold, and couldn't be happier throughout the process. Darin, the coordinator was responsive, flexible, and genuine. He helped us create our own menu to fit our budget and answered any questions we had. His staff who worked the night of our wedding were fantastic as well - from Robin, the ceremony coordinator to the people who stayed all night for the after party - our guests could not get over how helpful, professional, and happy everyone was. We also had DIY centerpieces which they set up for us....Everyone raved about the food (get the mashed potato bar), the venue and the after party. Out of 150 guests, 100 spent the night. We ordered sandwiches from BJs and got a keg and everything was set up for us at the end of the wedding. I was so relaxed throughout the wedding because Darin and the staff took care of everything. My husband and I had the best night of our lives and we loved the fact that brunch was provided the next day so that we could relive the memories with all of our guests.

Profile Picture Maddy, 8/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Bartender(s), House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

The Bournedale Function Facility has Cape Cod charm combined with the natural elegance of being lake side, and laid back vacation feel for the couple that wants it all for a shockingly affordable price. I never thought I would be able to afford such an unforgettable venue for our wedding but Darin, Arnie and their team made it all possible. We chose the full overnight package, which I highly recommend, we had houses to get ready in (and drink mimosas), a beautiful ceremony under the trees with the lake as our back drop, cocktail hour on the deck with pontoon boat giving rides around the lake, amazing food, a bonfire and after party for the overnight guests, cabins and houses for our guests to sleep and breakfast in the morning!! There is no one else that offers what they offer, you have the ENTIRE venue to yourself and no one is pushing you out the door at a certain time, people are still talking about how fantastic the venue was. Darin made everything so easy for us, he is thorough, genuine and so calm and easy to work with, which is a breath of fresh air when you are planning a wedding. The only tough part of the overnight package is organizing sleeping arrangements...tell one of your bridesmaids to do it ;)

Profile Picture Ariane, 8/14/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cash Bar, Open Bar, Accommodations, Event Planning

We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day. The location is perfect and the staff is better. We wanted to have a location that all our friends and family could come to and relax and enjoy themselves and that is just what we got. For all that was included the price was reasonable, the food was delicious and everything was beautiful. We can't thank the staff enough from all the meetings and questions we had along the way and the laid back but professionalism on the wedding day. We want to renew our vows, have family reunions and attend other events here in the future! Thank you!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/16/14, 6 Reviews