Bob Gail Special Events Reviews

36 | Los Angeles, CA

36 Reviews for Bob Gail Special Events

laura · Married on 07/21/2018

best wedding planners, and all-around best people

The Bob Gail team is exactly who you want planning your wedding. They are so experienced and so capable, you definitely want them on your team as you navigate the world of vendors and details and timelines. They are SO on top of every last detail and are so prepared that they take all the anxiety and worrying out of the process, so you can truly relax, let go and just enjoy the experience on your wedding day. In addition to being professional and efficient, they are also just a joy to be around and to work with. It was sad to say goodbye to them at the end of the process because we so enjoyed all of our time working with them!

• F

Farrell · Married on 07/22/2017

I booked Higher Ground by Bob Gail for my wedding reception, and I could not say enough positive things about the band as well as Brian and Giovanna. The band is not only talented and charismatic, but it also does a great job reading the crowd. Scott, the band leader, is a great emcee. A few highlights/anecdotes if you'll indulge me:

-Even during the dinner portion of the evening, couples were dancing when they were supposed to be eating - one told us it was the first time they had danced in 30 years.
    -A few weeks before the wedding I needed a steel drummer for the cocktail hour and Brian was able to secure one who was amazing and for a reasonable cost.
    -Higher Ground is booked through a company that also does wedding planning - because of this, they are very skilled with the run of show, dealing with brides and sensitive matters, and overall running a great wedding.

I wish I could see them live again, so I will be referring them to everyone I know. Thank you Brian, Scott, Giovanna and the rest of the band for a fabulous evening!

Josh · Married on 05/20/2017

We used Bob Gail Events (their band Jump Start) as well as their DJ for my 300+ person wedding in San Diego, and they was absolutely AMAZING! We had many wedding guests come up to us after to tell us how great the band was and how that was the best band they had ever seen. They were professional, great to work with, and kept the party going on all night. They have a wide variety of music and genres that they can play, and were able to read the crowd perfectly for music selection, and had such good energy the entire time. We were so sad to see them leave at midnight! We primarily worked with Brian in coordinating many of the details prior to the wedding, and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. I would 1000% recommend this band (and DJ Scott Levine) for a special event, and we hope to have the opportunity to work with them again at some future event!!!

Lisa · Married on 04/22/2017

We booked Higher Ground for our daughter's wedding. Brian was so easy to work with, helpful, patient with all our questions etc. Scott and his musicians were awesome. Everyone had the most awesome time at our event. The dance floor was full until the last song. I would definitely recommend them hands down. I also used them for the ceremony (keyboard and saxophone/flute). They are professional, lovely people. They are worth every penny!

Megan · Married on 04/22/2017

Bob Gail Special Events band, Jump Start was absolutely one of the best parts of our wedding! When we were deciding between bands to use, we loved the range of talent and vocals that Jump Start showcased. We had a unique song we wanted arranged for our first dance which they were able to compose and played perfectly on the day. The band leader, Brian was so thoughtful, helpful, and easily accessible when we needed to reach him. We also had a pretty specific "Do Not" and "Please Play" song list which they not only followed but wowed us with every song they played. Our dance floor was full the entire wedding and everyone was dancing! We had the best time and have Bob Gail and Jump Start to thank for that!

Meghan · Married on 08/27/2016

We booked "Jump Start" for our wedding and we can not recommend enough! We worked with Brian Pincus, who was an absolutely delight from day one. We LOVED working with him. He's so professional, easy and just an all around great guy. As for the band, amazing! Truly one of the highlights from our wedding. Our guests all RAVED about the the band. The singers and musicians were top notch and the songs they played had our guests dancing all night. Truly, the dance floor was packed the entire night. We were married in Santa Barbara, but most guests were from NY/NJ (where my husband and I grew up) and they played so many great Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi songs that had our guests going wild. They of course were also able to play all the classic romantic songs like "At Last" and " Best Thing." I've had three guests already ask for the band's info so they can share with other friends for upcoming weddings. If that isn't the greatest confirmation of an incredible band I dont know what is!

Alexa · Married on 10/03/2015

I can not say enough about Katie Pincus and the Bob Gail staff. When I was searching for a wedding planner, I didn't realize just how important she would be because it's something that is behind the scenes. Now that I am married, I can honestly say that Katie made our wedding and was absolutely worth every penny, if not more.

Not only was she and her team insanely organized but she was patient, thoughtful, had great ideas, gave us many options, was great with my parents, knew her shit and is just all around an awesome person.

I would absolutely work with Bob Gail for the next event i plan.

Brian and the whole Jumpstart band were absolutely incredible! They made our party!! Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night, and when the lights came on at the end of the night, everyone was shouting, "One more song!" I Couldn't have asked for more from this incredible band. From their song selections, to their voices and musical talent, they sure do know how to get a party on their feet and stay there all night long!

• O

Orly · Married on 06/28/2015

I booked Jump Start through Bob Gail as my band at my wedding. Every phone call and conversation I've had with my guests recapping the evening has included a rave review about our band. Their song choices perfectly fit the energy of the room and all age groups were able to dance and sing along. They were able to cover such a wide variety of song choices and there seemed to be a singer in the band for every type of genre (even country). There is something about the energy a band brings versus a DJ that just really gets a crowd going and eager to dance

Brian was so wonderful to work with. He was patient, engaged and invested in the night. It made a huge difference having him there keeping our timeline on track and changing things as needed based on the mood of the room. Additionally, he acted like a therapist and a band leader, helping me personally navigate through the chaos of the day.
    The whole process of working with Bob Gail was seamless. They sent my husband and I a long list of songs to choose from before our wedding and even learned a couple of songs that we requested that were not part of their set list.

Jump Start was one of the more expensive ticket items in our wedding, but worth every penny!

• Starr

Starr · Married on 05/17/2014

I cannot thank Allyson Levine and Bob Gail Rentals enough for the beautiful wedding they created for us. I work in the industry so I'm familiar with rental companies and how quickly it can add up for a few couches and chairs. However, after meeting with Allyson I knew that Bob Gail would be able to give us the design concept we wanted with the budget we wanted. Allyson's eye for design was incredible! From the linens to the furniture her touches really made our wedding spectacular. Plus she was super flexible when things started adding up and she would always send me updated budgets and revised quotes whenever I asked. She would always have a couple different priced options that I could choose from and was never pushy on the upsale, if I said I couldn't afford something then she would try and find a way to create the same look for less. And her team was wonderful with the set up and tear down. All in all Bob Gail really made our wedding what it was, and what is was was impressive from all the compliments we received at the reception. I would absolutely use Bob Gail for any future party planning needs!

Nicole · Married on 10/18/2013

My experience with Bob Gail was so absolutely fantastic that it was one of the saddest parts about closing the book on our wedding. I walked in and met Allyson and Brian over a year ago after countless meetings with other planners. I knew within the first 5 minutes of meeting them why people say "save the best for last". They got it! Every last detail of what we wanted. Matt and I didn't just want some beautiful linens and pretty flowers on some tables. We came in asking for replicas of "Candy Land", a lot of glam, and ultimately we wanted the party of the year. Our wedding was Oct 18th, 2013 and when I tell you that they nailed it on the head, that statement doesn't even do it justice. I worked with Allyson the most, who truly became like a sister and a forever friend throughout this process. She was there no matter what and worked out every last detail with her heart in all of it. My favorite part of working with them was that you got a chance to work with everyone. Katie, Kay, Linley, Katherine (who is the best event designer on planet earth), and every other employee at Bob Gail stepped up at one point or another and made everything go right. They worked with us through and through and gave us the chance to enjoy a planning process that can ultimately be very stressful. I believe they are the best in the biz and a true family that became part of our own. We love these guys and will always remember what they did for us and forever be grateful!!

Patricia · Married on 06/15/2013

I cannot be happier with my experince with Bob Gail!!!! We used Bob Gail for flowers, lighting and the fabulous Jump Start Band!!!! First, the band was incredible and we received so many complments from our guests. Everyone was up and dancing! They also did the ceremony music and cocktail hour piano. Such talent and professionalism! The flowers were perfect for the venue and Bob Gail worked hard to bring the look we wanted within our budget. The lighting made such a difference!! Made a very beautiful venue a stunning visual. Every meeting we had at BobGail(with Katie) was upbeat and and fun. Highly recommend!!!!!

Joanna · Married on 05/11/2013

Allyson Levine, Katie Pincus and the Bob Gail team were exceptional in planning, coordinating and executing the wedding of our dreams. We used Bob Gail for event coordination, the band (Jump Start), ceremony music, florals, lighting and decor and event rentals. Our wedding was seemless and everything was planned beautifully to the last detail. The Bob Gail band, "Jump Start" was amazing and had our party going until 1 am. The florals and decor were breathtaking. When my now husband and I first saw our cerermony and reception spaces, we felt like we had walked into a magazine style shoot. Everything was perfectly done and nothing was over the top. Because our ceremony and reception were executed perfectly by Allyson and Katie, our guests truly were able to enjoy every moment of the evening and my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy this amazing moment in our lives with our family and friends. All of our wedding guests raved about every detail. Allyson and Katie are two of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting and their grace, poise and exquisite style truly show through in their event design and coordination. I couldn't reccommend these two ladies, Jump Start, the Bob Gail florists, and entire team enough!

My daughter got married Feb. of this year and Bob Gail events was
    our coordinator. They were amazing from the beginning till to the end,
    gorgeous flowers, great music, beautiful decor and lighting and on top
    of that friendly and professional team to work with. It was magical !!!
    We would highly recommend them, and I will definitely use their services
    for the futur events.

Niki · Married on 12/15/2012

The team at Bob Gail Special Events was a pleasure and a delight to work with! They are innovative, professional and fabulous event planners.
    I highly recommend working with the team at BG for all your event planning needs. They can do it all and they do it was class. They will not disappoint if you are fortunate enough to work with this amazing company.

-Niki Shadrow Snyder/ Life & Style Editor-Hollywood Weekly Magazine

Joy · Married on 11/03/2012

Jamie (my husband) and I had the wedding of our dreams and that was solely because of the Ally Levine and Bob Gail Events.

Some photos of our event can be seen here: http://www.bobgail.com/photo_gallery/recent_weddings/sls_hotel_-_photos_by_callaway_gable/30683

We gave Ally a color palette, told her we wanted skee-ball, and a fun wedding and the rest was all Ally and her team.
    We really only had a few things that we said we didn't want and put all the pressure on Ally and her team to deliver based on that.

They truly exceeded our wildest imagination and that was the point…hire the best and let them do their best!

I think an important thing to note is part of the reason that the photos look so amazing was all the details that Ally and her team included, without them it would not have been the same photos.

Don’t take my word for it…here are some comments from our guests:

Fantastic----all the creativity, love, beauty, fun, and joy captured forever ! I FEEL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've Never seen a better way to truly capture the essence of the event !!!!!!!!!!
    These photos are fantastic. My daughter just got married in April and wish we had your photographer!
    The wedding photos are awesome!!!
    Honestly we had the best time. It was so fun and comfortable
    Not a thing missed! love was felt throughout the night!
    The wedding was EPIC, with pictures to match!
    WE LOVED THE PICTURES. What a great photographer! We so loved the attention to detail.

• W

Wendy · Married on 09/14/2012

Bob Gail Events is FANTASTIC! I was living overseas in another country and researched numerous event designers and really liked the look and feel of Bob Gail! Once I reached out, I worked with the same person in the whole 9 months of planning my wedding (Brian Pincus) and he was OUTSTANDING! His service was impeccable and it was so obvious that he truly did care about my wedding. Brian assisted us with a dance floor and flowers for our very special day! We had a budget (like every couple) and there was never a moment where we felt uncomfortable! Brian and his team exceeded every expectation and exceeded our desires! Bob Gail Events stays on top of every detail and calls to confirm and go over every detail. The staff is a joy to work with. I myself am a professional wedding and event planner and am extremely particular with who I work for! Bob Gail Events is first class! Thank you for everything!

marina · Married on 05/26/2012

My husband and I got married a couple of months ago and worked with Allyson at Bob Gail for the flowers, lighting, linens and other decor at the wedding as well as the candy station. I cannot recommend them enough! Allyson is profession, responsive, really knows the business, and went out of her way to accommodate all of our request to make sure that everything was exactly the way we wanted it. Also, she was an absolute pleasure to work with and has impeccable taste.

We didn't use Allyson as our coordinator but after working with her, I would highly recommend her for that position. She is so organized, and she made stressful times much more manageable by always being on top of things.

Everything at our wedding looked amazing and it was largely because of Allyson and her team.

Meghan · Married on 04/20/2012

Brides who are looking for someone to help you plan every aspect of your wedding day- design, flowers, linens, music - look no further!
    Allyson and the Bob Gail team truly made our big day a spectacular one! What was so fantastic about working with them was the fact that I had the option to use other vendors or work "in-house" with Bob Gail, which is what I chose to do based on all of the fantastic photos and reviews I had seen/heard. Talk about a smart choice, as this made it super easy as I only had one contact to deal with everything! This is a huge win for any bride who has a demanding career and doesn't have the time to do everything herself.
    After our first design meeting I knew that my big day was going to be exactly as I'd always imagined it. The team truly understood what we were looking to do and was able to execute it flawlessly - while staying within my budget.
    Make the smart choice and meet with Bob Gail before planning your wedding day!

Anais · Married on 02/19/2012

Bob Gail is amazing! We initially met with them to discuss the music for our wedding, but fell in love with Allyson and Brian and decided use the Bob Gail team for coordination and rentals, as well. The entire wedding planning process was so fun and stress free because of Allyson, Brian, and their team. They put so much care and time into our wedding, and it felt as though they were planning a wedding for a family member. They wedding day was amazing and we didn't have to worry about anything other than what we were there for - to get married! Bob Gail took care of everything. Also, their band is amazing! They had our guests on the dance floor the entire night. We can't recommend Bob Gail enough! They are the best!

vanessa · Married on 11/25/2011

The entire Bob Gail team was fantastic! The wedding coordinators led by Allyson were amazing and so attentionate to all details. They made our day so special and stress-free!
    The flowers were beautiful and exactly as we had envisionned them, the music was great and our guests complimented us on it, Eric was very accomodating to our guests requests as well (even downloaded from youtube songs from France!).
    Overall, i highly recommend Bob Gail's services and i would hire them again for future events!

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2011

Bob Gail Rocks! My husband and I had the extraordinary pleasure of working with Allyson who did an amazing job planning our 11/11/11 wedding! The flowers were stunning, I haven never seen roses look and smell that good. The decor was beautiful, even the last minute planning we had to do because of the rain, bringing the whole outdoor event into the ballroom at the Fairmont Hotel. Leading up to the event, Allyson and her team made sure that everything was handled and took all the pressure off my hands. The day of my wedding Allyson was right on point, never leaving my side. She had everything covered and kept my nerves so calm. I love Bob Gail and would highly recommend them for any event and will definitely use them for all future events as well.

michelle · Married on 03/12/2011

Use Bob Gail for as many aspects of your party or wedding as you can. Every
    element of our wedding was seamless and the level of service is unparalleled in
    this industry. We had our wedding at the Ritz Carlton Marina del Rey and used
    Bob Gail for almost everything in our wedding - flowers, band (Jump Start),
    chairs and linens, lighting, candy buffet and day of coordination. We also used the vendors they recommended - Jennifer Roper for photography and William Ernest Brown for invitations. Our friends and family are raving about the wedding and saying it was the best and most fun wedding they've attended. The entire thing went off without a single hitch. We weren't sure of the details, but we wanted to throw a fun party and we achieved that using Bob Gail. The band was amazing and everyone loved them. We danced all night and ended up extending the band play time. We were skeptical about using a band but relied heavily on references that Bob Gail provided. We spoke with numerous brides that had used Jump Start and they were equally as thrilled as we were. We wanted an intimate and elegant setting that was not over the top. We didn't want to over spend on a bunch of "showy" elements, but we didn't want to look like we cut corners. The room reflected that. The team at Bob Gail is impressive. My husband and I are laid back but we expected perfection for our money, which is what the team delivered. We basically showed up to the rehearsal on Friday night, at which point they took over and ran everything until 1 am Sunday morning. We thought about nothing but having fun with friends and family. Each member of the team understood our personalities and gave us what we needed. My husband and I are both in professional services and we can't imagine a higher level of service than this team provided. The business model of offering most wedding elements under one house works very well for a wedding because it reduces the stress of worrying about multiple vendors. There's just no reason to look elsewhere or use a coordinator who will pull together a bunch of separate vendors.

Whitney/Jon · Married on 10/30/2010

I cannot imagine having planned our wedding with the assistance of anyone other than Bob Gail Special Events. Every single aspect of our wedding turned out even better and more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Living out of state and planning a wedding in California seemed like a daunting task, but with the Bob Gail team everything was almost effortless. We were even able to schedule our table arrangement / flower run through on the Monday of Labor Day weekend to accommodate when we would be in town. Having an in-house team that provided everything from flowers, linens, lighting to musicians made the planning process a dream. I even found myself asking, "what should I be doing?" in the months leading up to our big day because everything was so well organized and planned, that I didn't feel I had enough to do! As a result, my husband and I were truly able to enjoy our engagement. I would, without any hesitation, recommend Bob Gail to anyone planning an event, wedding or otherwise. They were a joy to work with and truly are a first rate team!

Lisa · Married on 06/22/2014

Bob Gail Special Events is amazing!! This review is for Jump Start the band and for Brian Pincus who helped us make our dream wedding possible. I had seen Jump Start play at my cousins wedding 8 years ago and remember saying to myself..this is the band I want for my wedding! Now all this time had passed and yet my wish was still able to come true. Brian made sure we had the singers we wanted and helped us figure out how many people we wanted in the band and what we could afford. ( We ended up getting a 7 piece band with 2 singers and then Brian came as the 8th member!) He even worked with us on price which helped us a lot. Even though we went above our budget in the end I can't tell you how much I feel like this band was worth it. Brian was patient and kind and talked to many members in my family to assure them that everything would be taken care of and turn out great. They even learned two songs for us not on their play list and did them each perfectly!! Brian ended up coming to the wedding as our band leader and mc and made the night up beat, fun, and so memorable. It was nice to feel like the person at the head of the night really knew what we wanted and took the time to know us as a couple. Since the wedding, our guests cannot stop raving about the band and how much fun they made the night. Our wedding was on a Sunday and went til midnight ( I was so worried people would leave early ) but instead the dance floor was packed until the last song and guest were screaming for one more!! My best friend (who loves pop and rap music) said she never wants to go to a party with a dj again..she loved the band. I highly recommend this band and this company ( at least for music) and you won't regret using them. Make sure to ask for Brian Pincus!!