Blue Sky Bridal Reviews

139 | Portland, OR

139 Reviews for Blue Sky Bridal

Emily Basile · Getting married on 09/08/2022

Fun, no-pressure experience!

I had a wonderful experience shopping at Blue Sky! Maddy made it so fun and relaxing, despite the Covid precautions that were in place. She pulled a few dresses that were on point with the style I was going for, and she even let us stay a few minutes past our 1-hour appointment. I never felt rushed or pressured to purchase, and the selection of styles and price range was amazing. I found my dress and can't wait to wear it!

Sent on 09/11/2020
  • Kelley

Kelley Young · Getting married on 05/08/2022

The epitome of a perfect bridal dress shopping experience!

I didn't have the best luck with the first place I tried dresses on.. and Jasmine went above and beyond my expectations! I felt like she truly cared about what I was saying and expressing. She ultimately found my dress and I cannot thank her enough for such a beautiful experience!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Holly Shanelle · Getting married on 05/04/2022

Absolutely Amazing!

I am SO SO happy that I came to Blue Sky Bridal. The experience was wonderful, I was the only bride in the store. The girl helping me was just SO great at helping me to see different visions for the dresses. I fell in love with a dress, put a deposit on it to hold it for 3 days and came back for it. All staff members were over the top helpful. My mom was having a hard time understanding some alterations items and they were very patient in getting her to feel comfortable about the dress being altered for success. I've already recommended them to others who have gone and had an amazing experience as well!

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Natalie

Natalie Franz · Getting married on 01/04/2022

very relaxed environment, fun/helpful/excited staff

I came here after having an extremely lackluster experience at a large department store--feeling pretty bummed and stressed. I'm on a tighter timeline than most people plan their weddings in these days (~ 3-4 months), so I couldn't wait months and months and months for a dress to be made for me, and when I arrived to my appointment at Blue Sky and explained that, the staff were totally cool about it, letting me know I had enough time to get alterations done and all that. Phew. I told them what I'd liked so far, and got the spiel about how the shop worked (all the dresses are in clear bags, arranged on racks by size, mark the dresses you'd like to try on with clips, they'll take them to your dressing room), and off I went! My stylist explained everything thoroughly, including how to try on the dresses carefully so they aren't damaged in any way, which I appreciated--also I didn't have to flash her like I did at the previous place. It was a comfortable atmosphere, everyone was open to questions, and I didn't spend a moment wondering how something worked or what I ought to do. I tried on one or two that I'd picked out, and then my stylist Mikaela got kind of excited and brought me a few dresses I hadn't seen based on what I said I liked, particularly some dresses with color. It was also just great to try things on actually in my size, rather than clipped onto me. I don't know anything really about clothing design or any of the right terms, and I actually learned some new things from the folks who work here, including some info about what was possible in terms of alterations and such. Mikaela gave me some very sage advice about choosing a dress I felt comfortable and confident in, which helped me make a decision. She took pictures etc. as needed and was very helpful and sweet. I ended up with three dresses I was very excited about, and so my mom, aunt and I left to reflect over lunch. There was absolutely no pressure whatsoever to buy something, it was just a fun experience with a bunch of chill women who want to help. I get the impression that this would be a really fun environment to work in, actually. We came back about an hour later and bought the dress! They recommended several tailors and that's all there was to it!

Sent on 01/14/2020

Jackie Sheridan · Getting married on 10/16/2021

Amazing experience, so glad I came here!

I had such an amazing experience here with Polly and Kali! I would 1,000% percent recommend coming to this boutique. They have a really wide range of dresses and price points, so I had a lot of options to choose from. If you are reading this in the era of COVID-19, I would definitely book the boutique if you can! I felt like a movie star, with me getting to pick out my own dresses to start and Polly and Kali picking out dresses based on what I like from there- I ended up saying yes to a dress that they had picked out for me! I also had people Zoom in via my phone and they had a tripod we could use which was perfect! The whole experience felt very safe, yet as normal and fun of an experience as can be while making sure safety is a top priority! Thanks so much for making my dress shopping experience so easy and fun!!

Sent on 08/31/2020
  • Kristina

Kristina Alvarado · Getting married on 09/25/2021

So glad I ended up here!

I had such a positive experience at Blue Sky Bridal from the moment I walked in. I actually ended up here on a whim after not having any luck at other bridal stores and I'm so glad I did, I can't say enough good things about it! First of all, they are taking Covid precautions seriously and I felt really good about the systems in place to limit the risk of exposure (ie, washing hands as soon as you enter, keeping distanced, masks on at all times). Secondly, the consultant was so kind, friendly and attuned to my needs--it felt like shopping with a new friend! I was feeling a little discouraged after trying on a number of sample size dresses at other stores that were either much too small or too big and having a hard time imagining what it would actually look and feel like in my size. It was such a relief to try on dresses in my size that actually fit--this is an added bonus of going to a consignment shop. The consultant first listened intently to the things I liked and disliked. Then allowed me to go through the racks and pull what I liked but also made suggestions based on what I had told her. The store is extremely well organized and it is easy to see what dresses look like which isn't always the case for consignment stores. They also had the best variety of dresses in larger sizes that I've seen which was such a relief after going to stores who had really limited choices in my size. The consultant was really knowledgable in helping me think through alterations and fit. The last dress I tried on ended up being the absolute perfect dress for me! I felt the staff's genuine excitement for me but I never felt pressured or pushed. My dress was a brand new, tags on sample that was almost half the original price. They happened to be having a sale on veils so I got the veil too! My dress will need a little altering but the store immediately sent a list of trusted tailors to look into. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 08/30/2020

Tiffany L Bailey · Getting married on 06/26/2021

Highly recommend!

I fell in love with a dress I saw on Instagram. I called at the middle of the day on Saturday and they were able to fit me in the following day -- even with all the staggering appointment times and COVID restrictions. Mikaela to the time to listen to my likes and dislikes and suggested different styles by the same designer for me to try on to make sure I found the right one.

I thought dress shopping was going to be difficult because my bridal party and family wouldn't be there to help me (they all live on the East Coast), but I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire appointment and left feeling confident with my new dress. I would definitely recommend Blue Sky Bridal! Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/13/2020

Alexandra · Getting married on 06/19/2021

Fabulous!!!!

The girls were SO HELPFUL, not pushy at all. We’re very informative and helpful. First place we went and I found my very perfect dress. I would recommend this place, to literally every kind of bride, with every kind of budget. So organized, and so clean, and so great!!

Sent on 08/12/2020
  • Ryann

Ryann Kitchell · Getting married on 06/05/2021

So impressed!

Tldr: 10/10 highly recommend!

Blue Skye brides really DO have more fun! If you are looking for a wedding dress, I really cannot recommend this boutique highly enough. I chose to “rent the boutique” which means I had the entire boutique to myself and my guests for 90 minutes after hours, and dedicated 1:1 attention from their associate, Kali. The entire experience was incredibly fun! Kali lent us a tripod so that my sister could hook up her phone and video call our parents so that they could be part of the experience as well, despite being states away. Kali asked me a few questions about my budget and style preferences and helped me pull some dresses. While I tried them on, she continued to ask for feedback and pull more dresses for me - one of which was the beautiful “this is the one!” dress I took home! After I made my choice, she helped my sister and I celebrate by taking our photo and gifting us a bottle of champagne.

This was truly an amazing experience, and one that I couldn’t have possibly imagined especially in the middle of a pandemic. While there were a few more rules (such as having to keep the mask on at all times, including when trying on the dresses), it did not at all hamper the fun of trying on the dresses and the beauty of the look.

Sent on 09/05/2020

Katye Rus · Getting married on 04/06/2021

A Bride during Covid

When I had made my appointment at Blue Sky Bridal Portland, I was a little upset at the fact that I would be missing out on the normal “bridal experience”...getting to shop and try-on dresses with my whole bridal party, mom, and my future mother in-law there to take part in this very special and memorable time. Because of Corona Virus, I was only allowed to bring one guest (which was my mom of course!) and she couldn’t shop the racks with me and help me pick out styles for me to try on and of course we had to wear a mask the whole time. Going into the appointment I was a little nervous that the whole experience would be taken away from me, but that wasn’t the case one single bit. When we got there, we were greeted at the door with excitement and got the whole spiel how the appointment would work (with all the new rules/guidelines with Covid) and got introduced to my stylist for the day, Nancy. Nancy was so nice and friendly and really made me feel relaxed and comfortable from the moment I met her. She walked with me (keeping social distancing in mind!) as I browsed the racks and picked out styles that I thought I wanted to try on. After trying on a couple dresses and not finding the ONE, I was starting to get pretty discouraged. Then Nancy brought me one she thought I should try on. I couldn’t believe I had missed this dress. In the beginning I had explained to Nancy, things I liked and wanted in my dress as well as price points I wanted to stay between. This dress was exactly everything I explained to Nancy and the price point was right on the dot with what I wanted to spend. I could not believe it! Nancy definitely made this experience special and memorable, for a Bride during Covid. Thank you so much Nancy from Blue Sky Bridal Portland!

Sent on 08/09/2020

Shannon Murphy · Getting married on 03/20/2021

Absolutely amazing

I had such a great experience at Blue Sky Bridal.
    They are clean, friendly, and so knowledgeable! They have a gorgeous collection and a really wide price range and we’re truly so sweet.
    It’s a great atmosphere so if you’re looking to get started looking for dresses they are a great no pressure first stop. And again Makayla who helped me clearly knew her stuff. She could tell me about each dress and the designer. They made my experience so fun even in the middle of a pandemic so if that isn’t a 5star review I don’t know what is.
    I honestly can’t recommend them highly enough. 💕

Sent on 08/24/2020

Stephanie Garrity · Getting married on 02/27/2021

Love this shop!

I had a fantastic experience at Blue Sky! This shop has a nice variety of dresses, and they are in amazing condition and so well taken care of! Liz was assigned to me for my 1-hour appointment, and she could not have been more helpful. Liz made an effort to learn about my wedding plans and wanted to make sure I found a dress that matched the vibes of my venue, which I thought was so clever. She was friendly, thoughtful, and kept the ordeal so relaxed. I didn't feel overly pressured to do anything I wasn't ready for, which was so important. I had such a great time with her and my friends who came along for support. I found the dress of my dreams at a remarkable price, and I can't wait to wear it! I love knowing I am keeping my environmental impact at a minimum by wearing a "once worn" dress, and I recommend Blue Sky to anyone in the market for a wedding dress.

Sent on 02/04/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole Roed · Getting married on 12/29/2020

Fun and easygoing bridal shopping experience!

I had such a great experience at the Seattle Blue Sky Bridal! My first appointment was with Giselle and she was awesome! I had been to BHLDN (Anthropologie's bridal line) already and found a dress I thought was my number one, but it was pushing my budget max. So I wanted to look at a consignment shop and try on a bigger variety of dress styles just to be sure I actually loved that first dress. And I'm so glad I did! They only do one appointment at a time, so I got to peruse all the dresses in the shop with my grandma, mom and friends and pick out about 6 dresses I wanted to try on. I told Giselle the dresses I tried on at BHLDN that I had liked and she knew every one of them! She was able to steer me towards some similar dresses and then she picked out some dresses that she thought I would like. It was so great because I wasn't going to pull those for myself! They have a cute and comfy couch set up for your small entourage and then we tried each dress on. Giselle set up each dress for me in the changing room and let you me put it on privately and she came in and zipped them up. I never felt rushed while deciding what I liked and disliked about each dress, and she took my feedback and pulled other dresses for me! One of the dresses I didn't think was going to work for me was one of the last ones I tried on, and I am so glad she pulled it because it was the dress I fell in love with! I didn't get it that day because I wanted to think about it, but I went back 3 days later and tried it on again and decided it was my dress! They provided me with a list of seamstresses they recommend for alterations also which was very helpful!

SO happy with my experience at Blue Sky Bridal!

Sent on 03/31/2020
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Jones · Getting married on 10/31/2020

Wonderful shop and experience

Heather was amazing! She was so attentive and kept asking how I felt which made me feel really good because wedding dress shopping can become stressful.
    They had amazing dresses for amazing prices and I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Best experience ever!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie Duc · Married on 10/17/2020

Absolutely Loved it Here!

I had been to three other stores before coming to Blue Sky Bridal, and I absolutely fell in love with the dress I left with. The service was great, I felt super comfortable, and heard throughout the appointment. There was a great variety and size range in dresses. I would highly recommend this store.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Jessie Murphy · Married on 10/10/2020

Absolutely perfect!

I worked with Cass at Blue Sky Bridal and she was absolutely perfect! She was so knowledgeable about wedding dresses and the stock, she was friendly and personable, and she knew exactly how to fine tune a bride’s vision and idea of the dress she wants into reality. Blue Sky Bridal has a gorgeous selection of dresses, a beautiful shop, and fantastic service. Out of four other local shops I went to, this one was the best experience. I bought my dress from them and I couldn’t be more excited and pleased. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Amity

Amity Jean Friestman · Married on 10/10/2020

Dress of my dreams well under budget

Dress was perfect. The price was even better!

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Schireman · Married on 10/03/2020

BEYOND in love with my Blue Sky Bridal experience

Everyone at Blue Sky Bridal was warm, friendly, helpful, and honest! I worked with Cass and showed her a few of the dresses I had loved from another boutique. She immediately recognized my favorite dress - they had just gotten the exact same dress in the day prior! I tried on a few other gorgeous dresses before re-trying my favorite dress that I had tried on at the other boutique. I loved it and was SO excited - the price was almost half of the original dress from the other boutique. However, it had been altered and was snug around my hips and a lil on the short side. Cass told me that they had previously looked at the alterations on this dress and said it should be easy to let out - however she could not make any promises. Thankfully Blue Sky Bridal lets you take the dress to a tailor to double check that the alterations you want/need are possible and won't be crazy expensive! They just took down my card info and gave me 3 days to take to a tailor - they even provided me a list of recommendations. I went and saw Andra who was absolutely amazing. I can get all the alterations I need to about $200! That means with tax and alterations included this dress will be around a total of $1100. The dress at the other boutique without alterations or tax was $1400! I feel like I got a great deal AND I love how eco-friendly it is having a consigned wedding gown. I am super happy with my experience at Blue Sky Bridal! They were over-communicative, eager to help, were never pushy, and I felt like they truly had my best interests at heart. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Cassady

Cassady · Married on 09/26/2020

Couldn't imagine a better place to get my dress!

Just got home from my first (and last) dress shopping experience at Blue Sky Bridal and it was incredible. While it is work to go through the hundreds of dresses, they have an amazing selection of new, sample and once worn gowns. Brit was really wonderful to work. She was patient, knowledgeable and so helpful. She even celebrated like she was part of our group when I chose my dress. I couldn't have asked for a better experience, selection and price point. Highly recommend Blue Sky Bridal.

Sent on 09/28/2019

Malea Lash · Married on 09/20/2020

So so wonderful.

My experience at Blue Sky was amazing. The environmental impact of a wedding has been on my conscience throughout this process, so it was so wonderful to be able to support a small business that shares my values. I felt listened to, helped, and supported while trying on dresses, and found the perfect one for me. Cass was my consultant at the Seattle boutique, and I couldn’t recommend her or the store more!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Kelli · Married on 09/19/2020

Perfect! Amazing! And such an amazing experience

This place is absolutely amazing! Such amazing gals that helped me so much finding the perfect dress! They ended up having a cancellation and got us right in and I’m so happy they did because I found the perfect dress. Holly and all the ladies were so helpful and made finding the perfect dress!

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Angelica

Angelica · Married on 09/12/2020

Amazing experience at Blue Sky Bridal!

Blue Sky Bridal was my first stop out of 3 stores for dress shopping. I could not stop thinking of Blue Sky Bridal and the dresses I had tried on, despite visiting two other shops. So, I eventually returned to get my dream dress! The store was adorable and the employees were incredibly helpful. Liz was my stylist and I couldn't have asked for a better person to help me find my dress! She made me feel so comfortable and even helped me gain some confidence while trying on dresses. After purchasing my dress, they ladies sent me a list of recommended stores for alterations. I would absolutely recommend Blue Sky Bridal for everyone to experience and hopefully find the dress of their dreams!

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Choe · Married on 09/12/2020

Best Dress Experience

While I didn't find "the one" at Blue Sky Bridal Seattle, I had the best experience here during the search for my wedding dress. I worked with Mikaela, who was super knowledgeable about fit, fabric and everything wedding dress related. Blue Sky Bridal has a great variety of consigned and sample dresses, and Mikaela was able to help me filter down to the exact cut that I didn't know I wanted! Prices are very reasonable as well - she was even able to offer a specific discount on my out-of-budget choice of that evening. Overall, I appreciated that she was very receptive and actually listened to what I wanted, liked and didn't like. The dress that she pulled based on my parameters ended up being my favorite that evening!

Sent on 01/24/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Beebe · Married on 09/12/2020

Couldn’t have asked for a better experience!

I needed a dress and didn’t have a lot of time! I had already been to 4 other salons and was starting to feel hopeless about finding a dress in time. I was betting on finding something at Blue Sky, and I’m so glad I did! I found the perfect dress and got to walk out of there with it the same day! I can’t wait to wear it on the big day! Thank you Blue Sky Bridal!

Sent on 07/27/2020

Iris · Married on 09/06/2020

We had a wonderful experience, and found the perfect dress!

Giselle was amazing, and so helpful. We gave her an idea of what we were looking for, and she found a dress that exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 06/26/2020