Blue Orchid Events & Design Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Cristina
    Cristina F. Married on 11/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A seamless experience for us

We are so happy we chose Blue Orchid Events for our wedding coordination. We planned our South Florida wedding while living in Rhode Island and both of us working 80-hour work weeks, and we knew we were going to need a lot of help. We also didn't have a super clear idea of what design we wanted for our wedding so we were going to need a lot of direction. Abby really came through for us! She is incredibly professional, responsive, and experienced. She helped us budget and stay on track with the mountain of tasks that needed to be done. With Abby, we found every single one of our vendors including the venue space, and every vendor we used exceeded our expectations. She met with us and the vendors over Zoom, working with our hectic schedules, and she also met with us a few times personally when we were in town. When we were lost about what to do with our wedding design, Abby gave us some amazing suggestions and it all came out beautifully at the wedding. A few days before the wedding, our hotel where we were supposed to get ready cancelled because of a hurricane, and Abby stayed on top of communicating to all the vendors about the last minute change in plans. On the day of, she and her assistant helped us stay on time and were on standby, always looking to us if we needed anything. It's clear that Abby loves what she does because it shows in her work! We highly recommend Blue Orchid Events for any couple that wants a seamless wedding planning experience :)
    Claire H. Married on 07/16/2022

Can't recommend enough!

We were so lucky to have Abby as our planner for our wedding. She has an unparalleled network of amazing vendors that she brought on for our big day; her expertise throughout the entire process—from larger design concepts to small day-of items—was invaluable, and we are so grateful for her support not only on our wedding day, but in the months leading up to it! She was always so helpful with every question we peppered her with—big to small. She made us feel so comfortable and calm on our wedding day, and it could not have gone more smoothly. It was the best, most fun day of our lives largely in part to Abby’s planning! We are so grateful to her and the team for making the day possible!
  • Jillian
    Jillian L. Married on 06/18/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best investment and stress reliever

Abby went above and beyond to make our day absolutely PERFECT! Abby had to deal with not only 1 but TWO brides for not just one but TWO YEARS due to covid. She answered every question worry or concern we had no matte how big or how small whenever we needed. She made us feel so assured that everything would go as planed on our day. As an extremely type A person this is hard to do. Everything went exactly as envisioned and we seriously could not have pulled off the most magical day without her. I say to every person that asks the absolute best thing you can do is hire a planner, specifically Abby. I cannot recommend or thank her enough for all the time and effort, and stress reducing she did for us!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Rachel W. Married on 03/27/2022

Out of this world!!

It's hard to put into words how much we appreciate Abby and her team. We hired Abby after already having a lot of changes to our wedding and then covid happened and multiple postponements later, we were finally able to have our big day. She stuck through it with us and helped us keep almost every vendor through each date change. She was literally my savior through this planning process, kept all the details organized and my anxiety at ease. If there is one person you need by your side during your big day (aside from your spouse) it's her. She handles everything like a boss and I couldn't be more pleased with how our day turned out. She worked with our vendors to make sure our day was exactly how we wanted it and I could not be more grateful!
    Kim C. Married on 02/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most professional perfect wedding planner - Abby!

It’s taken me two days to put my thoughts to words about how unbelievable this weekend was. As we were planning I kept saying there were three things that were most important…. The cocktail hour, the flowers and the band. What I should have realized was the most important thing was the planner. I’m not sure you know, but Rachel picked you immediately and didn’t want to listen to any other suggestions. By now you know when Rachel makes
    up her mind about something she’s usually very confident (and usually right). From our first meeting to our last hug you were unreal. I can use all the adjectives…. Calm, detailed, responsive, available, re-assuring, prompt, etc… but they will never be enough to express how unbelievably fantastic you are at your job. I was TOTALLY able to experience enjoy, and be “present” for the entire weekend. I didn’t have a single second of worry and it is all because of you and your team. Sydney was great in handling Friday night……also a beautiful evening.
  • Rachel
    Rachel K. Married on 02/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

It'll be the best day of your life

If you want your wedding day to *actually* be the best day of your life, and you don't want to be crazy stressed out during the planning process, hire Blue Orchid.

Abby Gallagher, the owner of Blue Orchid Events & Design, is extremely competent, highly organized, incredibly responsive, wonderfully creative, and a natural problem solver. From the big picture all the way down to the smallest details, Abby makes planning a wedding simple and stress-free. I selected our date, found our venue, and then hired Blue Orchid for their partial planning package. Blue Orchid gave us a short list of vendors for each open category (catering, photography, stylist, florals, etc) and the ones we selected from their list were equally on-point. Not only was the planning process a breeze, but when it all came together on the day-of... it was spectacular. Abby and her team truly love what they do, and it shows every step along the way, in addition to the day-of.

The best decision I made regarding my marriage was saying 'yes' to my now husband when he asked me to marry him, and the second best decision I made was hiring Blue Orchid to plan our wedding.
  • I
    Islei R. Married on 11/20/2021

Blue Orchid was fantastic

Blue Orchid was fantastic. Abby Gallagher was on top of everything. She made our special day a worry-free event. She is professional and full of energy, making our wedding a blast. We absolutely recommend her.
  • Ali
    Ali Married on 11/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Key piece of our wedding experience

I am not from Florida originally and was really worried about planning my wedding and didn’t know where to start or who to trust. I did not necessarily go into wedding planning thinking I would hire a planner and I am BEYOND glad that we had Abby. There is a reason she has so many 5 star reviews! She came on to help us for day of in what was an incredibly stressful work/life/wedding planning tornado and from our first interaction made my husband and I feel incredibly comfortable and taken care of. She is amazing and I genuinely don’t know what I would have done those weeks before the wedding without her. To know that I could go into my wedding day absolutely knowing everything was taken care of was priceless.
  • Lacey
    Lacey S. Married on 11/08/2021

Incredible devotion and reliability

Our wedding would have been good without Abby, but she is the one that made it spectacular. We hired Abby as a “day of” planner and she started working with us 1-2 months out from our wedding day. It was at that time that things started to get very stressful in the wedding planning process and Abby was there to step in, take most of the tasks off our plate, and tie it all together. She is incredibly good at what she does. She is extremely organized, professional, reliable, flexible, easygoing, fun, creative, and compassionate. She communicates so well with all of the vendors and is efficient in making a day-of timeline that works for everyone. Abby was critical in helping to solve conflicts and miscommunications between us and the vendors when issues arose. She took extra time out of her schedule to help resolve them because she wanted our day to be perfect. Abby also was the one who led us to some of our most amazing vendors based on her recommendations. She is respectful and is a great listener - she genuinely wants your day to be exactly how YOU want it to be. Abby was always available to speak with me and answer any questions I had throughout the whole process without any form of judgment and made us feel like her only client. She brings only positive vibes to your day and her compassionate, fun energy is palpable. I cannot recommend Blue Orchid enough for your wedding day - we owe so much of our magical day to her!
    Abbie S. Married on 10/24/2021

Best decision we made!

Let me start by saying this is a very overdue review, but I cannot thank Abby and her team for making our wedding day a dream come true! After a rough start to wedding planning with a different planner, we found Abby and immediately knew that she would be able to give us the guidance we were looking for. Her organization, recommendations, and professionalism gave me peace of mind and helped bring the entire wedding vision to life. Being a type A person and an out-of-town bride, I worried a lot about forgetting or missing things during the wedding planning process, especially planning a wedding from a different state. Abby covered absolutely EVERYTHING which helped me relax in the months leading up to our wedding knowing that Abby would bring anything to our attention that needed to be taken care of. On the day of, Abby and her team made everything run so smoothly even when our timeline was off due to hair and makeup taking longer than expected. I have no doubt that our wedding would not have been the same without Blue Orchid Events and we can't thank them enough!
  • David
    David S. Married on 09/12/2021

Best ever.

Abby is the best event planner of all time!! Everything so so seamless and done with a smile. Our wedding was beyond perfect and the event coordinator at the hotel even told us that Abby is the best planner she has ever worked with!! We absolutely could not have done it without her. Thank you sooo much! Worth every penny and then some.
  • Kate
    Kate T. Married on 07/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely essential to our big day.

I cannot rave enough about Abby and her team.  From the moment my husband and I got engaged, I immediately became overwhelmed by the amount of options, websites, and ideas that are out there. Abby was the first planner I met with that was not only professional and knowledgeable, but was clearly going to be a resource and ally to help me navigate floral arrangements, photography choices, and more decisions that I ever could have imagined.  From day one she helped turn my chaotic brainstorm into a picture perfect reality, creating a wedding that was more beautiful than I ever could have imagined.  I say with zero exaggeration that there is no way I could have walked down the isle without her.
    Lisa C. Married on 07/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Don't have a wedding without blue orchid events!

Abby, We are so happy to have meet you by chance while looking for a venue for my daughter Jenna's wedding. I knew instantly you were the planner we should choose. You have been the best support helping us to plan a wedding during this crazy year, 2020 ! We could not have pulled this off without all your help with logistics, contracts, meetings in person and on Zoom. You were so organized, loving and kind. I just can't thank you enough!
  • Natalie
    Natalie F. Married on 06/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best money spent on the whole wedding

There aren’t enough words to describe how amazing Abby is. My husband and I live in Michigan and planned our Florida wedding during a literal pandemic. Abby made everything feel easy and smooth and normal. People asked me throughout the process if I was so stressed and honestly I couldn’t have been more calm, all thanks to Abby’s guidance. She kept me focused on getting things decided with plenty of time, and reminded me when I had upcoming deadlines. She had excellent vendor recommendations and helped us negotiate pricing to stay within our budget. Not to mention the fact that she is a delight of a person. I would highly recommend everyone use a planner for their wedding, and Abby was a rockstar. So grateful to have found her at the beginning of our wedding journey!
  • Becca
    Becca Married on 06/03/2021

Relaxed Planning with A Professional Company

Abby and her team at Blue Orchid Events made my wedding day the best day of my life. I know that sounds cliche but it is true. I couldn't have been happier. She saved me money, organized everything, and made the day really special. What surprised me was how relaxed I was on the wedding day. I got to eat and enjoy my friends and family. I don't think many brides can say that. I worked with Abby on my wedding for a year and enjoyed every minute of it. I would highly recommend Blue Orchid Events to anyone who is looking for an amazing wedding planner in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area.
  • Lugannys
    Lugannys S. Married on 03/27/2021

Hire them! Best wedding investment

I cannot fully express how grateful I am to have met Abby from Blue Orchid Events & Design. We had the most pleasant and outstanding experience in hiring this company, knowing that they would make our wedding dreams a reality. We met Abby & her team at the Fort Lauderdale Wedding Expo shortly after our engagement. We were looking for a full wedding planning service because we needed a professional to help make our day beautiful, allow us to enjoy the planning experience, and were overwhelmed with the enormous amount of details. I knew from the moment I met Abby that she was the right person for the job. Abby has been professional, organized, kind, helpful, trustworthy, communicative, supportive, and just incredible. She helped us every step of the way and provided us with great references for other vendors. Abby smoothly sailed over every bumpy wave and answered all of our questions. Abby designed the most incredible ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception space. Everything came out better than I could have imagined, we were blown away! Our wedding day was just magical. We are eternally grateful to Abby & her team. I highly recommend Blue Orchid Events & Design!! I will forever cherish the memories from my magical day thanks to Abby.
    Christina S. Married on 03/26/2021

Wedding of Our Dreams!

My wife and I recently worked with Abby of Blue Orchid Events & Design. I am absolutely honored to write a review for how amazing she is. Abby was recommended to us from a friend, and we could not have been happier to work with her. From start to finish, she was kind, thorough, organized and incredibly helpful. There are countless aspects to planning a wedding. There are so many questions, concepts and little nuances that never cross the average person’s mind. Abby helped us through every single step and then some! Every time we would be planning part of the wedding, Abby asked a few detailed questions to us or the wedding coordinator that we had never considered. She knew every single detail that goes into planning and helped to organize my wife and I. She was quick to respond to every single text, email or phone call and would immediately help us out. There were a few instances where last minute complications arose, and Abby would handle them quickly and efficiently. Literally, I cannot speak highly enough about Abby and her organization. Abby was also able make the event run flawlessly. She managed us, family, vendors and was willing to step in to help in any way. She had our day planned out to the minute, and because of her great organization, our special day went perfectly. To be completely honest, when my wife said that she was hiring a wedding planner, I was skeptical about it. I can tell you without any hesitation, that I was wrong. It was one of the best decisions ever to work with Abby. If you are planning a wedding, you should without a doubt use Abby with Blue Orchid Events & Design. Seriously, you don’t need to read about any other planners… just choose Abby. It will be the right decision for you.
  • Amber
    Amber M. Married on 03/20/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best decision we made for planning our wedding was to hire Abby at Blue Orchid Events!

I say this to everyone – hiring Blue Orchid Events was the best thing we could have done for our wedding! Abby was amazing and we cannot thank her enough!! She was recommended to us by another vendor, which I loved knowing our vendors had worked together before. Abby was extremely organized, efficient, and really brought my whole vision together. We had the partial planning package and worked with Abby for almost a year leading up to the wedding, and of course, on wedding day. We had hired a few vendors prior to hiring Abby (requirement for the partial planning package) and she really helped me pull together the design and vision for the day including flowers and upgrades that really brought the day together (chivari chair and charger rentals, dance floor wrap, printed menus and favor tags). Abby got quotes from several vendors for each area and set up zoom calls with those we wanted to consider. She communicated timelines and expectations with vendors prior to the wedding and on the wedding day she took care of everything while we got ready and took pictures! If you don’t think you need a wedding planner, you are wrong – you need Abby and Blue Orchid Events. We could not recommend them enough!! Thank you, Abby!
    Anne P. Married on 01/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Truly a necessity for any wedding

We approached Abby in December 2018 with a request that may have frightened any other planner. We needed a wedding planned in about 5 months and wanted it to be adventure and travel themed. On top of that, my now-husband and I work crazy hours and often travel for work so aren't always available when needed. Abby not only took on the challenge like a pro but she was the most competitive in terms of pricing out of the many planners we spoke to. Abby walked us through every step of the way, and saved us a LOT of time by handling all the communication with vendors herself and the planning on their end, so that we wouldn't need be bothered. She went out of her way to have phone conferences or meetings during non-business hours, whether early in the day or later at night, so that we wouldn't need to stress with our work schedules. On the day off she was crucial to helping us keep our calm so that we could focus on the happiness of the wedding itself. She did everything from taking all our personal and vendor supplies, setting up all the décor at the venue, coordinating with catering and photography and the DJ. Not a detail was missed! We truly could not have had out fun wedding without her and I think any bride needs to do themselves a favor and make sure to hire her!
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 12/19/2020

Incredible planning experience!

Abby and her team were absolutely wonderful to work with. I am so happy that we found her early on in our wedding planning process because I cannot imagine pulling off the magical wedding day we had without her. Our venue was a “blank slate” venue that required finding and bringing in vendors for every part of our wedding. Abby had great recommendations for everything and was so helpful in managing all of the vendor communications leading up to the event and managing the set up and timeline the day of. I can truly say that I had a stress free wedding planning experience all thanks to Abby. She kept me on track with planning, and it was so nice knowing I didn’t have to worry about any of the details on our wedding day because Abby and her team had them all covered. I cannot recommend Blue Orchid Events enough!
  • Angela
    Angela D. Married on 11/14/2020

Perfect in Every Way!

I can't recommend Blue Orchid Events & Design enough! We went with the Partial Planning Package with Abby after selecting our venue, photographer & DJ. From there, Abby helped us every step of the way over phone calls, zoom, and emails since this was during the pandemic. She is so organized, efficient, and knowledgeable about every step of the way, advising you as you go along on options that stay within your budget. When it came to the design of the event itself, she completely helped bring my vision to life with the right furniture rentals & florist. The actual day of the event, I don't know what I would have done without her. From little things like making sure the bridal suite had champagne flutes, to coordinating with the venue, to helping me clean off raspberry jam that spilled on my dress during cocktail hour, I could not have had a more perfect day thanks to Abby & her team. I had no idea what problems may have arisen that day because she just made it so perfect. I can't thank Blue Orchid Events enough, and recommend them more highly.
    Carolina D. Married on 08/15/2020

Can't thank you enough!

Abby and her assistant Ryanne were so amazing! I highly recommend working with Abby and would definitely hire her again and again. I started planning my wedding with Abby about a year in advance. She was always so involved and attentive to every detail and super accessible. My wedding theme and colors ended up changing a few months before the wedding, Abby totally re-adjusted to make sure my vision and what I was imagining for the big day came to play without any issues. I went through lots of ups and downs in the planning process, especially due to COVID and several new restrictions but Abby was always reassuring and ready to pivot as needed. My wedding day turned out absolutely perfect, Abby and her assistant Ryanne arrived early to help set up and really made sure everything was exceptional. They were both so caring and excited for me on such a special day, I’m forever thankful to have had them there. Ryanne even helped make sure that my Zoom call with family in Brazil worked out perfectly too. Abby, thank you so so much for helping to make my vision come together and for exceeding my expectations!! You’re the best ❤️
  • Megan
    Megan S. Married on 06/27/2020

The BEST Coordinator!

Okay, where to even start. Abby is hands down the BEST coordinator there is. I cannot thank her enough for how special she made our day. We hired Abby for month of coordination. She contacted and organized all my vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page. When it came to day of... OMG, Abby was there from get ready to sparkler exit. And she was always easy to find. She even came to steam my bridesmaids dresses and my wedding dress the morning of. An absolute treasure she is! You needed something, she had it in her magic fanny pack. For example, my husband forgot deodorant, and we were all already at the venue. No worries, cause Abby whipped it out her magic fanny pack. She also coordinated the rehersal, and the ceremony went so smoothly on wedding day. Just a blessing, to have that relief off my shoulders the day of so I could relax and truly enjoy my most special day. Abby will take care of EVERYTHING! There is no better coordinator out there. You've found her, and what a gem she is.
    Ashley N. Married on 05/09/2020

Go with Blue Orchid - the absolute best

Abby and Aubrey are the absolute best! I hired them as our "month of coordinator" and their dedication to our wedding was worth every penny. Looking back at all of the last minute changes that had to occur, my family and I don't know what we would have done without their help and instant solutions for anything that came up. Something is always bound to pop up and surprise you the day of the wedding but with Abby and Aubrey there everything turns out better than expected. :)
illustration stars