Blue Orchid Events & Design Reviews

Blue Orchid Events & Design 3
  • Becca

Becca B. · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Relaxed Planning with A Professional Company

Abby and her team at Blue Orchid Events made my wedding day the best day of my life. I know that sounds cliche but it is true. I couldn't have been happier. She saved me money, organized everything, and made the day really special. What surprised me was how relaxed I was on the wedding day. I got to eat and enjoy my friends and family. I don't think many brides can say that. I worked with Abby on my wedding for a year and enjoyed every minute of it. I would highly recommend Blue Orchid Events to anyone who is looking for an amazing wedding planner in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Anne Paul · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Truly a necessity for any wedding

We approached Abby in December 2018 with a request that may have frightened any other planner. We needed a wedding planned in about 5 months and wanted it to be adventure and travel themed. On top of that, my now-husband and I work crazy hours and often travel for work so aren't always available when needed. Abby not only took on the challenge like a pro but she was the most competitive in terms of pricing out of the many planners we spoke to. Abby walked us through every step of the way, and saved us a LOT of time by handling all the communication with vendors herself and the planning on their end, so that we wouldn't need be bothered. She went out of her way to have phone conferences or meetings during non-business hours, whether early in the day or later at night, so that we wouldn't need to stress with our work schedules. On the day off she was crucial to helping us keep our calm so that we could focus on the happiness of the wedding itself. She did everything from taking all our personal and vendor supplies, setting up all the décor at the venue, coordinating with catering and photography and the DJ. Not a detail was missed! We truly could not have had out fun wedding without her and I think any bride needs to do themselves a favor and make sure to hire her!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Rhonda · Getting married on 10/05/2019

As a colleague of Abby’s, she impresses me daily with her professionalism and positivity. She is mature and wise for her years and this is coupled with a fantastic sense of humor. She is creative, detail oriented and a true problem solver. Her ever present smile brightens the office. I consider myself lucky to work with her as she is a genuine, kind-hearted and generous. Can’t wait for her to plan my wedding one of these days!!!

Sent on 05/10/2018
  • Andrea

Andrea Deonarine · Married on 06/15/2019

The best choice we made!

Abby was absolutely amazing! My husband and I were long distance, working full time jobs and full time grad school so we knew we needed someone to help guide us and keep us organized during the planning process. She made our wedding everything we wanted and more. She reviewed the vendors we had booked prior to meeting her, thousands of inspiration photos I sent and immediately got a feel for the vision we wanted. Abby is very creative and detail oriented. Abby is very professional and puts her clients first. The day of, she is present along with her assistant. We never felt lost or confused because Abby and her team were always on top of everything. Overall, she was a pleasure to work with and we can’t thank her enough for making our big day a dream come true. We love you Abby!

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Carissa

Carissa · Married on 04/13/2019

Hire blue orchid now

Abby is an amazing wedding planner! We hired her for month of coordination and we are so happy we did. We got married at a beautiful outdoor farm venue and there was a ton of stuff to coordinate with all the table and chair rentals, decorations, figuring out where to put everything, etc. We knew we needed someone who could take charge and make sure all the moving parts worked smoothly and as soon as we met with Abby we knew she was that person. She's super organized, professional, and just an amiable person. She gave us a bunch of vendor recommendations before the wedding, and she did a site walkthrough with us at our venue to make sure everything was perfect. She knew all the right questions to ask and made it so easy for us. I gave her a kind of ambiguous description of what I was looking for in terms of decor and a bunch of misc. decorations I had bought. I figured she would put everything together nicely but when I arrived at the venue the day of I was floored. It looked like we had spent 5 times more than we did on everything it was so professional looking!!! Abby and her assistants slaved in the hot sun all morning to get that farm looking like a million bucks and I could not have been happier. There was not a single thing that went wrong at our wedding all because Abby was so on top of everything. I cannot recommend her enough. And her pricing is very reasonable!! She did so much more than I was expecting. I could go on and on but I'll just say that you must hire Abby for your wedding!! She is seriously the best :)

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 03/23/2019

Abby was my best investment!

As organized and detail-oriented as I am, I could not imagine what my wedding day would have been like without Abby by my side. Planning a destination wedding in Florida from New York in less than 10 months was no easy task and hiring Abby as my month of coordinator was my best investment. Her professionalism and calm and cool demeanor will put even the most stressed out bride at ease! She is so knowledgeable about the industry, gave great suggestions and recommendations to ensure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. She also handled some of the toughest tasks from master timelines, juggling all of the vendors, the ceremony rehearsal and made sure the day ran smoothly and most importantly - on time! Abby and her assistant Danna are the sweetest, kindest and most fun pair and I am so lucky to have found Blue Orchid Events & Design. Do yourself a favor and work with Abby - it will be the best wedding decision you make other than marrying your best friend! :)

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Karina

Karina Bigott · Married on 03/02/2019

The Best Wedding Investment

Abby was by far the GREATEST investment we made for our wedding. I cannot emphasize enough the difference Abby made in our lives. As soon as she came onboard, she made us feel so at ease and organized. She was on top of every detail and vendor to ensure all was planned and executed to perfection. Abby and Dana were incredible the day of the wedding. They took all of my boxes of decorations and favors and perfectly decorated the venue, and even more incredibly, packed it back up neatly in our room without us ever noticing. I sincerely cannot express how grateful I am for Abby's services and HIGHLY recommend her to any bride looking for a superstar planner.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Samantha · Married on 01/19/2019

Abby and her team are amazing!

Abby and her team are amazing! They helped make sure every detail at our wedding was perfect. Abby was super responsive to all of my texts and emails, asked all of the right questions, and I felt so comfortable with her. On the day of the wedding, her team steamed all of the bridesmaid dresses, fixed my bustle when it came undone at the reception, and were there throughout the day and night with anything I needed. Thank you Abby!!

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • F

Francesca Rieth · Married on 12/15/2018

AMAZING and thorough to say the least!

Abby's Blue Orchid Wedding Planning company is AMAZING! No detail was forgotten!! Her assistant Amber and her worked dutifully for everything to be absolutely PERFECT for our big day! I would highly suggest hiring her. They will work with you on ANY type of wedding that you would like to have. She will make it just what you want... just ask! She is highly organized and thorough. I cannot say enough about her and her company. I would not have chosen anyone else to assist me with my big day!!

Sent on 02/07/2019
    Blue Orchid Events & Design 4

Julie Gerhart · Married on 10/26/2018

Organization at its finest

Abby was the best decision I ever made for this wedding! My fiancé and I had not even planned to hire a coordinator as we were doing pretty well planning ourselves. However, the venue did not have the best coordination and with planning a destination wedding we realized we needed Abby for our special day. We hired Abby as our day of coordinator, but she was so much more than that. promptly responding to our emails, and helpings find vendors and budget services, she provided so much helpful insight. I never worried about a thing from the morning of the wedding through the entire day. Abby took care of everything! From coordinating each vendor, placing all of our DIY items just so, and everything else running smoothly, I truly just had to show up and have the best time of my life!
    Whether you need your whole day planned or a day of coordinator, Abby is the one to use. Truly absolutely HIGHLY recommend her for your big day! She is a wealth of knowledge, handles everything professionally, and she makes you feel so comfortable, like talking to a good friend.

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2018

Simply the best!

From the moment we had our first meeting with Abby, we knew that she would be the perfect fit for our big day. She truly listened to us explain our vision and the end result far exceeded any and all expectations. Abby is such a kind person, so easy to work with, and was always available for a quick call to chat through details. She also did a good job of keeping us grounded, telling us if something we were thinking didn't fit our budget or wasn't logistical.

Our wedding was SO stress free and it all came together so seamlessly. We wouldn't have been able to do any of this if it weren't for her. She was professional with every vendor interaction. and kept us on schedule right up until the day of. We love Abby and are sad to not be working with her anymore!

I would recommend her to all newly engaged couples, she will not disappoint!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Karissa · Married on 06/09/2018

I HIGHLY recommend Abby and her assistant Lisa to ANY bride! They were EVERYTHING I thought I didn't need. I hired Abby last minute, as my "Day of Coordinator" for my wedding and she was so much more! She was a professional, she was a friend, she was my voice of reason! I could NOT have asked for MORE! She put myself, my husband and WHOLE bridal party at ease. With a tight turnover period between an event right before mine, horrible weather, all DIY materials and my 4 kids.. EVERYTHING went WITHOUT A HITCH. She made my ideas, visions and ultimately, my dreams come true. ABBY, LISA, I COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT!!! YOU WERE NOT A VENDOR OR HIRED HELP, YOU WERE A BLESSING! Much love and best wishes on all your upcoming endeavors. Sincerely, Karissa & Jose

Sent on 06/11/2018
    Blue Orchid Events & Design 5

Dana · Married on 04/15/2018

Abby took on the challenge of helping us plan a Miami wedding in 3.5 months from 3 timezones away (we live in San Francisco). We hired her as a partial planner. During the planning process, she was flexible on meeting times to match our west coast schedule, and had good insight into the overall list of things that we needed to get done leading up to the big day. Abby provided some good vendor suggestions and helped with guidance on some of the larger and more confusing decisions, like selecting a florist and catering contracts. She did a great job of communicating with vendors and following up with them. Only critique we had on the planning process was that we could have used some more rigor from Abby. We were procrastinating on some decisions, and probably needed some scare tactics to finalize some things.

On the weekend of the wedding, Abby was indispensable to us. She took care of literally everything - even things we didn’t know she was taking care of. She personally picked up all of our rehearsal dinner decor and arranged everything so that when we arrived all we had to do was enjoy the party. At the wedding, she communicated with every vendor and nothing was out of place - we never had to lift a finger for anything to get done. Abby even decorated our wedding cake with florals after a miscommunication between the bakery and the florist, so she has many talents as well.

She was a pleasure to work with, had creative ideas, strictly adhered to our budget and just a great planner in general.

Sent on 05/06/2018

Catherine · Married on 03/09/2018

Abby was very friendly, personal and professional. She is a pleasure to work with. My husband and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/11/2018

patricia · Married on 02/18/2018

Abby made my wedding day the best day of my life! From the very beginning she was professional, attentive, helpful, creative, hands on, available, and so much more. She helped me with the wedding planning every step of the way. At first, we didn’t understand the meaning of having a wedding planner. Today, I don’t know how we would have done it without Abby. I would not have enjoyed our special day as much as I did.

Abby you were amazing!! Jon and I can’t thank you enough!!!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Michelle · Married on 02/03/2018

Abby was a delight to work with from the first day I met her at the Ft. Lauderdale Bridal Expo till the day I walked down the aisle. She was professional, understanding, and very responsive any time I had a question during the planning process. I hired her as my day-of wedding coordinator and she totally rocked it! My wedding day was honestly the best day of my life and I owe a large part of that to Abby. She resolved every issue and made my guests feel welcome and taken care of.

Sent on 03/22/2018
    Blue Orchid Events & Design 6

Lynn · Married on 11/04/2017

I would HIGHLY recommend Abby for any wedding! She is super sweet, professional, responsive, experienced, kind, patient, and fun to work with. Not only did she take my vision and execute it effortlessly, but she also helped fill any gaps I had forgotten about. Abby literally saved my wedding day as I was going through some management issues at the venue. She's very organized, set up my wedding accessories just as we had discussed, and returned my personal items in perfect condition. Abby also created the perfect timeline and coordinated with all my vendors. Not a single thing went wrong...and if it did, I didn't know! If you need a day of coordinator, Abby is your girl!!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Renata · Married on 10/14/2017

I don't know how I would've had the PERFECT wedding without Abby. I worked with her over the course of about a year before our wedding and she was 100% professional, responsive, and pleasant every single time we communicated. I can't believe how lucky I was to find her since I don't think I would've gotten the same level of quality service from anyone else. Abby is so kind and lovely, and was so patient with me. She's a true gem and truly went above and beyond my expectations. She's incredibly detail-oriented, and has an eye for design which helped me immensely. I'm so sad it's all over because it was, without a doubt, the BEST day of our lives and it was all in large part to her. I had guests reach out to me after asking for her contact info, they noticed it too!!

Sent on 11/14/2017

D. · Married on 10/07/2017

I've never met a more attentive & fun professional! Abby is A-class across the board and has the unqiue ability to take someone's vision and turn dreams into reality!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Lara · Married on 08/19/2017

Where does one even begin with writing a review for this marvelous piece of work?! Abby is YOUR GIRL. Stop hesitating or debating over whether you think you *need* a wedding planner….You NEED Abby!

I found Abby in perfect time — about two months before my wedding — and she was a true God-send! Immediately from the start, she made me feel calm and like everything was going to be okay — and it was! We sat down together about a month before the big day and we went through EVERYTHING together: who my vendors were, what I had for a schedule so far, what my vision was for the decor, what my vision was in general, etc. There were big holes in my wedding to-do list and Abby stepped right up to the plate. She rolled up her sleeves and got to work in helping me finish all of the last-minute planning details that I just didn’t have the time for. She called all of my vendors, confirmed their services and arrival times, sent them each schedules, and helped me figure out a transportation schedule for my wedding guests.

Fast forward to wedding day....I’ve never felt so RELAXED…I knew my wedding was totally handled and there was nothing for me to worry about. I just had to drink my wine and enjoy my day :)

If there were any problems on my wedding day, I didn’t have a clue. She always had her clipboard in hand with all of the details, schedule, phone numbers…everything at her fingertips. My mom was always asking her questions, needing this, needing that, and while I was rolling my eyes, she handled all of her questions, favors, and needs with grace and a genuine smile.

Also, Abby is just a really cool person! She’s got such an interesting background and is just a lot of fun to be around — which made it easy to have her be with me on wedding day.

If you’ll take anything away from reading this review, it’s two things: 1) Let’s face it, you’re reading reviews for wedding planners — so you NEED a wedding planner and 2) That wedding planner should be Abby. Trust me.

Sent on 10/02/2017
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 07/15/2017

Could we give a 10/10?? She was absolutely amazing! She made everything run smoothly on our big day and was so cheerful! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Shelby · Married on 03/25/2017

I hired Abby for month-of wedding coordination services. To say she is the most professional, organized and friendly vendor I've had the pleasure of working with is a huge understatement. From from our first meeting, Abby impressed me with her hospitality and attention to detail. I knew immediately I needed her on my team! She always made herself available to communicate with me and was prompt when responding to texts, calls or emails. She worked with me to understand every aspect of our wedding from site visits to vendor calls and even decor inventory. Like most brides, I needed to have control over each and every detail of our wedding, however I felt entirely comfortable and confident in handing over the reigns to Abby. She truly made our wedding experience stress-free and fun, and enabled us to enjoy every second of our special day. I highly recommend Abby's services to any and all brides!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Lia · Married on 01/20/2017

Abby is amazing! So easy to work with, fantastic attention to detail! She took care of everything and and helped make my day perfect!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Devin · Married on 10/29/2016

This was by far one of the best experiences we have ever had while working with a third party planner! Abby was so knowledgeable and enthusiastic throughout the whole process. She constantly surprised us with new and exciting suggestions on how to bring our magical wedding to life. I am pretty sure she is a mind reader. I definitely know she is an incredible event planner and I would highly HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who is looking to have their dream wedding flawlessly executed. THANk YOU, ABBY! We will def be using you again in the future for other events!

Sent on 04/20/2017