Black Pelican Catering Reviews

Black Pelican Catering 7
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Duke · Married on 07/18/2019

Excellent!!!

I can’t say enough good things about the Black Pelican catering! The food was delicious, very generous portions so great value for the price. Fair prices and excellent support and service. They were very flexible, fun and great communication!! Thank you so much for making our wedding so special!!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • AnnMarie

AnnMarie · Married on 05/25/2019

Best food I've ever had at a wedding!

Couldn't of been happier with the food from Black Pelican for my wedding day. Many of my guests came up to me to tell me that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! I'm a chef from up in Michigan so letting go and letting another company completely take care of the food for my wedding was really hard, but they did not disappoint!! They will also work with you on the menu and make modifications to fit what you want, I adjusted the salad and a dressing and the butter on our steak and they did everything exactly how I wanted. Couldn't be happier with the food and service that night!! If you are from another state and are looking for a caterer, GO WITH BLACK PELICAN!! You will be so happy and relieved that you did!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Jackie · Married on 05/20/2019

All around Excellence

From working with Jennifer to construct our menu to the wait staff during our wedding, Black Pelican is amazing! They are flexible with what you want and go above and beyond. Our guests raved about their food and their bartenders are awesome!!

Sent on 05/24/2019

Caitlin · Married on 05/18/2019

Wedding delivery

We hired the Black Pelican for a delivery to cater our wedding and it was one of the best choices we made! Everyone at our reception was raving about the food and there was barely any left. Quite a few of our guests told us that it was the best wedding food that they have had! Their catering team went above and beyond and were so quick at responding! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer. We couldn’t have been more happy with our decision! (P.s. get the BBQ chicken, it is to die for!)

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/04/2019

Food was delicious

Black pelican catering went above and beyond at my wedding on 5.4.19. There aren’t enough words to say how amazing everything was. The food was a priority for me when planning our wedding because that is something your guests will remember when it’s over. Jennifer, the catering coordinator was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was extremely professional, very responsive, and made sure everything ran smoothly at our wedding. Even a month later, our guests are STILL raving about how good the food was. If you are looking for great service & food at a decent price, Black Pelican is your go to! You get what you pay for & we are SO glad we went with the Black Pelican Catering team. Thank you guys SO much for everything!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Cori Falls · Married on 10/28/2018

Catered wedding at Jennette's Pier

We used Black Pelican to cater our wedding at Jennette's Pier. We loved them! They were easy to work with, always responded back to me in a timely manner and answered any questions I had throughout the planning process. The food was amazing and all of our guest loved it! I would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the OBX.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Meghan · Married on 10/20/2018

Delicious!

We hired this caterer without taste testing any food because we are out of town and the food was delicious!!! The team was very easy to work with and talk to. The wait staff even changed the schedule the night of my wedding to accommodate our timeline. I dont have any negative things to say about the company or the food! I would 100% hire them again!

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 10/20/2018

Definitely the best wedding food I've ever had at a wedding

The title says it all! It's just an added bonus that it happened to be our wedding! Seriously, the whole Black Pelican crew are amazing. The show up and work so hard. The food is fresh and delicious. They clean it all up and leave whatever food is left in organized containers for you to take with you. If you are unable to taste test because you are booking a destination wedding then you are in great hands with Black Pelican. They give you exactly what you want and customize the menu to whatever YOU want to serve. We had so many of our guests reach out to tell us how amazing the food was.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Pamela · Married on 10/19/2018

Thank you to the Black Pelican for your part in making a Rehearsal Dinner event memorable, easy and stress free!

Black Pelican catered our Rehearsal Dinner for our son’s wedding on October of 2018. The entire experience with Black Pelican, from the planning stages through the final cleanup up at the venue was outstanding and we are delighted to say, in a word, “Perfect” in every way”. The food was excellently prepared and served, our guests loved the menu
    (North Carolina Barbecue Package) and most importantly, our son, the groom and our daughter-in-law, the bride, were very happy with the evening, from the food and drink, the ambiance, slide show, to the venue and the excellent work provided by the Black Pelican employees, the servers, the waiters, and the bar tender. The Black Pelican is very familiar with the venues available in the Outer Banks and works very well with the venue planners to make sure deliveries, set up and more are within the stands set by the venues. We strongly recommend Black Pelican to anyone considering a caterer for any event. Their catering menu is extensive, the prices are very reasonable, the food is delicious and the entire staff is helpful, and the catering planners are knowledgeable and able to make on point suggestions during the planning process to help you along the way as you plan and consider options. Additionally, I would add Black Pelican is a wonderful restaurant for dining if you are visiting the Outer Banks. Top notch rating from this family.

Kate · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding Caterer

Black Pelican was a joy to work with! They went above and beyond for me at my reception. It was easy to communicate with them and I would highly recommend.

• Jordan

Jordan · Married on 10/07/2018

The Black Pelican catering group was nothing short of amazing. My husband and I had an out of state wedding so it was hard to coordinate but they helped us every step, always ready to answer questions and help. The food was absolutely delicious. We had a buffet style dinner and there was PLENTY of food, we had leftovers for days. The staff were professional and incredibly kind. If you're having an OBX wedding, I highly recommend Black Pelican.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Briana · Married on 09/24/2018

After contacting numerous caterers and attending several tastings, we found Black Pelican. Being that I am a bit of a food snob and enjoy cooking myself, our guests expected to have great food at our wedding and they did. Everyone loved the food. Not only do they have great food but the Black Pelican team is awesome! They were extremely helpful and quickly responded to all of my emails throughout the planning process. The servers and bartender on the day of were fantastic. They were all super attentive, friendly and professional. At the end of the night they cleaned up everything (including packaging leftovers and racking rental china) and it was as if they were never even there. We could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 08/30/2018

Black Pelican Catering- Excellent Food and Service

Black Pelican catering delivered amazing service and more importantly delicious food for our 08/30/2018 wedding. All the way from our tasting until the day of they were excellent. No wonder they have been such a long lasting establishment on the Outer Banks. I would highly reccomend them to anyone.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Marie · Married on 07/20/2018

Great service. Delicious food.

Jennifer was very accommodating and very responsive to my requests. If we have another celebration I will definitely use them again.

Kassie Thompson · Married on 05/19/2018

Amazing food & service!

Delicious food, amazing staff, and great catering coordinators that make choosing from their HUGE menu a breeze. They were able to customize our menu to make it exactly what we wanted. Our family and friends all talk about visiting the restaurant on their own because the food was so good! We can't wait to stop by again soon!

Sent on 02/19/2019
    Black Pelican Catering 8
    Black Pelican Catering 9

Robin · Married on 04/13/2018

Their team was THE BEST. So many of our guest (well traveled and fed group!) said this was hands down the best wedding catering they had ever had...BP worked with us and accommodated all our needs. A terrific value! If I hadn't married the most wonderful person on earth, I'd be tempted to have another wedding just for a redux with Black Pelican. We will definitely have them cater dinners for us when we are there on vaca!

Sent on 04/27/2018
    Black Pelican Catering 10
    Black Pelican Catering 11
    Black Pelican Catering 12
    Black Pelican Catering 13
    Black Pelican Catering 14

Chelsea · Married on 04/05/2018

Easy and delicious!

The food was absolutely delicious! Black Pelican were very accommodating and easy to work with from being in WV. They set up everything for the food portion which was one less thing to stress. Definitely recommend!!

Ruth · Married on 10/13/2017

This was an 80th birthday dinner. Your staff could not have been nicer. Totally took charge wouldn't let me do a thing, cleaned up nicely also. Great time !! Thank you.

Sent on 10/23/2017
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 10/07/2017

All everyone talked about

We used Black Pelican, I unfortunately didn't really get to eat :( but it is 1.5yrs later and thats the one part people really remember is the food. Everyone kept saying how amazing the food was which I knew it would be!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Hayley · Married on 09/20/2017

Black Pelican was a fantastic choice for our wedding day. I would suggest them to anyone who is having a wedding in OBX.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Steve · Married on 09/16/2017

We had Black Pelican Catering cater our October wedding and received nothing but praise from our guests. From the appetizers served during cocktail hour to the main courses and sides. Everything was excellent. The servers were professional, attentive, and went above and beyond; even rushing out to patio where someone had tripped and dropped there food to help clean it up. Would recommend them for any type of special event.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Black Pelican Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review and the opportunity to be a part of your special day! Please keep us in mind for any future events you may have on or near the Outer Banks!

Morgan · Married on 05/27/2017

This team really was amazing! They offered several tastings, because we went back and forth on our choices several times. They were VERY responsive to all our questions, helped with planning, and most importantly, the food was amazing! And for the price, you can't beat it. We served our tables family style, which I highly recommend! Thanks guys!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/11/2017

My husband and I got married in May of 2017, and selected Black Pelican to cater our event-home reception based on their reviews, word of mouth from a few friends, and their reasonable pricing. We went with pulled pork/chicken, deviled eggs, mac-n-cheese, green beans, and potato salad. I have been to many wedding with a similar spread, and this was hands down the most delicious pulled pork I've ever tasted. Everyone was raving about the food the entire night, and I still have family members and friends talking about how good it was. The servers was so friendly and attentive. We did not have an event planner, but with very little direction, they were able to figure out where to set up the food, bar, etc. They also took charge of notifying each table when it was their turn to come up to the buffet line. Apparently the ice drawer had not produced enough ice and they were offered to run out to the store to get bags of ice for the bar mid-reception! Not only did they provide our food and bartender, but they took care of ordering all of our rentals (tables, chairs, linens, ceremony arch, etc.) I emailed them a list of our desired rentals, and they took care of the rest. I made so many modifications/additions throughout the planning process and asked many, many questions and they were equally friendly and responsive to every email that I sent. I would recommend Black Pelican to anyone planning a wedding in the area, whether for a rehearsal dinner or a reception. The quantity and quality of food, as well as the professionalism of the staff, is truly worth every penny!

Sent on 06/29/2017
  • Liza

Liza · Married on 12/17/2016

Black Pelican Catering was the best choice I made during the whole wedding process. Amazing food and most importantly amazing staff - both during the planning phase and at the event. We could not have asked for a better caterer. If you want delicious food, professional staff, and people who are easy to work with, Black Pelican is for you! Thank you Black Pelican!!

Sent on 01/07/2017

Black Pelican Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Liza! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and you all were so fun to work with! Hope you will come see us in the restaurant sometime! Congratulations!!!