Black Bear Inn Reviews

Black Bear Inn 3
Black Bear Inn 4

Brian Klimowski · Married on 11/10/2018

Absolutely Perfect

This was the venue of our dreams. First of all, Bruce and Wendi are amazing to work with, and they helped us out with ALL sorts of random stuff on the days leading up to the wedding, along with the wedding day itself. They were always there to lend a hand with setup, duct tape, batteries, decorating, literally ANYTHING that we needed.
    The rooms are gorgeous and spacious, and furnished with everything that we needed. The grounds are also perfectly manicured and beautiful, with different areas for the ceremony and reception, with a hot tub for the night before! If you're having a wedding near the Big Trees, there is no other option that even comes close. Book this venue!

Stephanie · Married on 11/02/2018

The perfect outdoor wedding!

We choose the perfect place! They have an outdoor or indoor option. Beautiful! Easily checked off everything on our list for choosing a venue. Wendi is amazing and so helpful! The outdoors alone are beautiful enough so we did not need any extra decorations. Definitely worth the price!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Black Bear Inn's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Your wedding was beautiful - we are so happy for you and Travis. Happy Marriage!

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2018

I am so happy I booked my wedding at the Black Bear Inn! Wendi and Bruce were absolute amazing - super responsive, so helpful in making sure the day ran smoothly, and provided fantastic recommendations for vendors that just knocked everything out of the park. I was able to sit back, relax and enjoy the day knowing we had an awesome group of people in place to make it such a special day (we literally had zero hiccups). The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, not to mention a great location for your bridal party - we booked the venue which is where the bridal party stayed, then booked the Yellow Dog Airbnb which is walking distance; both were extremely comfortable. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn’t change a thing. I expect my husband and I will be back to visit for the many anniversaries ahead! So many thanks to Wendi and Bruce!

Casie · Married on 09/15/2018

I am so happy that we decided to book our wedding at the Black Bear Inn. We fell in love with it the day we came to check it out and I smile every time I think about how perfect my wedding was. Wendi and Bruce are absolutely amazing people! I highly recommend them to anyone looking to get married up in the mountains. My wedding was 9/15/18. The weather was about 68/70 degrees. The perfect day. I look forward to going back for a weekend getaway!

Black Bear Inn 5
    Black Bear Inn 6
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Black Bear Inn. The property is gorgeous and the perfect size. You get 4 different areas to work with but they are all easy walking distance from each other. The owners Wendi and Bruce are amazing! You can tell they genuinely enjoy being a part of your special day and they go above and beyond to make the whole weekend a great experience. Being able to get there Friday and leave Sunday made a huge difference in lowering my stress level on the big day and being able to truly enjoy it without having to worry about the little set up details. During the planning process, Wendi is extremely responsive and is always happy to help.

Sent on 10/04/2017
    Black Bear Inn 7
    Black Bear Inn 8

Black Bear Inn's reply:

Thank you for the review Melissa! We did truly enjoy your day - your family and friends were gracious guests and the party was a great time! Looking forward to seeing you on anniversaries to come!

shelby · Married on 07/29/2017

Wendi & Bruce @ BBI were AMAZING!!

shelby · Married on 07/29/2017

The Black Bear Inn is a beautiful backdrop for a mountain wedding. I started looking for venues in the area and after some searching, came across the Black Bear Inn. It was perfect, my fiancee and I agreed immediately it would be the place for us. Wendi and Bruce are amazingly helpful! They keep their grounds absolutely pristine. I was beyond thrilled with the entire weekend experience. I would recommend the Black Bear Inn to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Black Bear Inn's reply:

We so enjoyed the we'd weekend with you and your wonderful family - hope to see you again soon! It was a beautiful day for a beautiful couple!

Andrea · Married on 06/24/2017

We JUST had our magical boho forest wedding at the Black Bear Inn in June 2017! When I found the Black Bear Inn and arrived on site, I pulled up and knew it was where we had to get married! It is intimate, yet spacious. You are amongst the forest, but the elegance is unending. We had our ceremony inside their great room during the summer - it was exactly what I had envisioned and wanted! The cocktail reception and dinner/dancing were on the meadow and in the backyard under the marquee lights and towering redwoods -- magicallll!!!! It honestly was a dream come true. I am a crazy detail oriented person, who does events for my corporate job - so needless to say, I had a vision that I wanted to achieve! We literally turned their venue upside down to achieve "our vision" -- Bruce and Wendi worked so hard and were so accommodating in allowing us to express our style and vision in their "home." Wendi and Bruce are lovely beyond words -- and they work their asses off to keep their "home" and venue immaculate, so they expect you and your wedding guests to respect their grounds as they should :)! We are forever grateful for hosting the best day of our lives at the Black Bear Inn! After all the venues we looked at all over the area, I am beyond happy that we chose The Black Bear Inn!

Leslie · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I got married at Black Bear Inn at the beginning of June. As soon as we stepped foot on the property, we knew it was our wedding venue. The Inn is beautiful with big redwoods surrounding the property, large open spaces to easily host all wedding events, and beautiful architecture of the Inn. The Black Bear Inn easily accommodates having the wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one location. The inside of the Inn is beautiful, and would make for an amazing "Plan B" option if weather gets in the way of an outdoor event. They have 5 rooms, which allowed all of our wedding party to stay on site with us. Bruce and Wendi are very helpful and will do their best to accommodate any requests you have. And wedding photos come out beautifully because of the surrounding trees. Our family and friends are still talking about how beautiful of a place it was. My husband and I couldn't have been happier that we chose Black Bear Inn. We recommend it to anyone!

Kelly · Married on 12/17/2016

A beautiful rustic diamond in the rough. The owners were amazing at communication and very helpful. Wendi made it stress free for planning and scheduling. I had my wedding here and it was beyound my expectations. Very beautiful and serene. Will definitely recommend to people and well as future brides!! Absolutely amazing!!!

Patricia · Married on 02/13/2016

Having a wedding in the mountains is problematic. You just don't know what the weather will be like. Good thing there are flexible people like Wendi and Bruce who had a plan for any problem that might arise. As it was, the wedding was weather perfect. We used the lower lawn and situated the chairs to focus on the pines rather than the dead vine which would be very pretty in Spring/Summer. The caterer they suggested was amazing (The Lunch Lady). The bridal party stayed at the lodge which really helped with logistics on wedding day. Many attending the wedding booked local cabins which offered many price points. This is the place to go for weddings under 85 who want a relaxed, intimate outdoor feel. The staff and local vendors are ready to adjust to weather and bring a wedding inside if needed. After the rehearsal dinner on site, we sent everyone off after dinner and took care of many of the arrangements and decorating for the next day. No regrets. Can wait to see pictures of the wedding dress taken hanging from a pine tree.

Sent on 02/16/2016

Black Bear Inn's reply:

Thank you for the kind review Patricia - we really enjoyed hosting Jillian & Brandon's special day (great group of friends and family)! Looking forward to seeing the photos.

I got married at the Black Bear Inn on February 13 2016. I can't begin to describe how incredible this venue is. If you are looking to have a wedding in the woods then stop your search now and book BBI. Wendi and Bruce were incredibly accommodating, helpful, and really a joy to have around. The grounds are spectacular and they make for some very romantic, epic photos. By booking the inn for your wedding, you get the entire venue, including the 5 rooms they have onsite. I didn't think much of that beforehand, but I must tell you that the convenience of being able to walk down to my room at any time during the entire weekend was SO invaluable. It was so special being able to walk down to the gazebo in the morning, finish up my vows with a cup of coffee and just take in the surrounding before the chaos started, without worry that you are bothering any other guests around. My entire family and all of our friends could not speak highly enough of the Black Bear Inn and the service that was provided. We look forward to returning for milestones in the future.

lissa · Married on 12/19/2015

Great location, beautiful grounds, and the sweetestimate innkeepers! It was a tad expensive, but worth every penny! I could not have picked a bether location!

Gregory · Married on 11/07/2015

From Start to finish, Wendi and Bruce did a truly AMAZING job making every single aspect of our wedding weekend perfect. They are incredible at every aspect of their jobs: from providing us with a great list of vendors - all of which we ended up using - to hosting a perfect reception where we and our guests felt 100% at home and the meals they prepared exquisite. They are the best. Full stop.

Melaine · Married on 10/17/2015

I had my wedding here and it turned out amazing, there were a few setbacks with the weather and last minute (that morning) we had to change everything from an outdoor ceremony and reception to an indoor ceremony and reception, Bruce and Wendi were beyond helpful with moving all the furniture, helping us set up everything and also giving me a shoulder to cry on since my wedding was not going as planned. It ended up being way better than I expected and I am beyond grateful!! I couldn't have done it without them!!!

The lodge is beautiful, if you ever consider a rustic wedding please take the time to consider Black Bear Inn, the rooms you are beautiful and very large with a HUGE jet tub which was nice to relax in after a very hectic day.

I hope to spend my anniversary's there in the future!!

The Black Bear Inn was the perfect venue for our wedding. As fate would have it, we were supposed to get married in Lake Tahoe at an estate overlooking the lake. It turned out that the owner had been foreclosed upon and had defrauded ten couples this year and made off with everyone's deposits. We were left looking for a new venue just a few short months before our wedding, and were trying to keep the same date to avoid messing with people's travel schedules. We were SO lucky to find Black Bear Inn and Bruce and Wendi.

First of all, the property is just beautiful. It has the perfect layout for a wedding -- a front lawn with a second lawn for cocktails, a back lawn with a patio for dancing, and a big house for getting ready. Bruce keeps the yards in great shape and there were sweet peas blooming everywhere during our wedding. In addition, Bruce and Wendi are the most helpful, accommodating people we could have hoped to find in such a stressful situation. They helped set us up with local vendors, helped set up the rehearsal and the wedding, and Wendi even lined up an afterparty for us without us asking! They are also super cool, interesting people and it was great to share our day with them. I couldn't recommend the Black Bear Inn more highly, and it is a GREAT value.

cathy · Married on 06/20/2015

The secret is out! The black bear Inn is the most beautiful wedding venue with the most gracious hosts, Wendy and Bruce! we could not have asked for a better experience. From the ground to the rooms to the wonderful way they make you feel like family. Don't pass up the opportunity to check out black bear inn. We are already talking about spending our anniversary there. I give it five stars!!!!!!

Lindley · Married on 06/06/2015

Wendi and Bruce were amazing to work with. They are very knowledgeable about other vendors in the area. My family came up a few days before the wedding and we took over the Inn. Wendi and Bruce made everyone feel right at home so the day of the wedding everyone was relaxed. The grounds were amazing and the event was beautiful. Couldn't be happier with our choice.

Trisha · Married on 05/23/2015

Beautiful venue inside and out! The weather was not cooperating and together with Bruce, Wendi, and the catering staff we were able to prepare for the elements and still have a beautiful wedding! Inside or out Black Bear Inn is gorgeous!!!

It was also great to come up for the weekend and check in and be at one location for the ceremony and reception along with four couples from the wedding party!

I highly recommend Black Bear Inn for your events!!

Amber · Married on 05/16/2015

Bruce and Wendi were a joy to work with, and the Black Bear Inn is such a beautiful venue! The level of commitment, and professionalism demonstrated by Bruce and Wendi was amazing. I highly recommend the Black Bear Inn not only for any major event, but as a lovely place to spend a weekend getaway!

Awesome Venue! The best part of getting married here for me was that the entire inn was reserved for us for the whole weekend. We were able to have our bridal party stay with us Friday and Saturday night. We had a blast with everyone! Bruce and Wendi were so helpful and were there for us every step of the way. Not to mention how gorgeous the grounds were. I am very happy we chose this venue. It truly made our wedding a wonderful experience.

Stephanie · Married on 04/18/2015

Bruce and Wendi were outstanding. They have the most amazing place to have a wedding. They went above and beyond to make the wedding go smoothly. It was so simple and a fairytale. Exactly what we were looking for. Just a backyard wedding at a beautiful inn. Staying at the Inn is like a dream come true. The room was amazing too!!!! The bed!!! You'll never want to get out of. Thank you Wendi and Bruce! As a hairdresser I look forward to working with you guys in the future.

Sarah · Married on 10/26/2014

We had a very small service, consisting of Wendy, Bruce(Inn keepers), pastor Miles and his wife Kay. Wendy recommended Miles, who was a local pastor. My husband and I went up to Arnold and met Miles and then were married a few weeks later, he was a perfect fit for us. Bruce, who is a trained chef, made us a cake and it turned out we had the place all to ourselves. This was small and private, the weather permitted us to be on the front lawn area. This was my dream wedding, even before we began to plan, and maybe even before he asked, I imagined getting married at the Black Bear. When we first met we stumbled across this Inn, with it getting dark and cold, and with us seeing a Bed and Breakfast sign on highway 4. Can't wait to return on our one year anniversary!

Wendi and Bruce hosted our Wedding at the Arnold Black Bear Inn on October 19, 2013. It was the absolute best day of my life! With the most amazing man by my side, we couldn't be happier to have chosen the Black Bear Inn as our venue to celebrate our union. From the intimate ceremony in the picturesque lower meadow to the dinner outside under the sparkling white lights, it was a romantic day filled with love, laughter and FUN! Our guests were impressed with the level of service and the beautiful private setting. We had the place to ourselves for the weekend and it truly felt like we were getting married at "home". Wendi and Bruce are gracious and wonderful and we couldn't be happier with our special day. Absolutely perfect. I would absolutely recommend this venue for your special day!