Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center Reviews

36 | Gainesville, FL

36 Reviews for Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center

• Misty

Misty · Married on 03/27/2010

Having our reception at this venue was a truly memorable experience! The banquet staff was very warm and welcoming and Jorge went above and beyond to help us have an awesome, stress free wedding reception!! In addition, the hotel itself provided many beautiful locations for photos. All of our guests enjoyed staying here after the reception as well and they really appreciated having the restaurant and bar on-site as a place to "catch up" with friends and family. We could not have asked for a more perfect day!!!

Sent on 05/27/2010

Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

Misty's reception was a culmination of a year of very detailed and organized work. Misty from the very beginning had a phenomenal idea of how she envisioned the room, the menu, etc. She is very eco friendly and I remember especially when she and Rick came to the taste testing and how much they and her mother enjoyed the food. The reception was beautiful and Misty and Rick looked like taken from a magazine shot. It was a very very pleasant experience for me working with Misty and Rick and I applaud for the organization skills Misty had throughout the planning!!! Yeah!!

Amy · Married on 11/07/2009

Our wedding was at sunset by the poolside gazebo and I could not have asked for a more beautiful location. The staff was great. The director of catering, Jorge, was always on top of things for us. The food was wonderful. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/11/2009

Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

I am so thankful to see this review here, we just hosted Amy & Sean's wedding and reception last weekend. This was a very smooth planning due to the fact that Amy was extremely organized, knew exactly what she had envisioned for her reception! The room and Amy were top notch and I know Sean probably got very happy when he saw Amy walking toward the gazebo for their wedding. I believe she was very lucky to have had her friend Leslie passing onto her the hints from when she arranged her reception here as well!! A complete pleasure and privilege to have the opportunity to be of service to Amy & Sean! Best Wishes

Melissa · Married on 10/19/2008

The Best Western Gateway Grand was exceptional! Jorge Negron was great and helpful and always willing to answer our questions gave his utmost attention to us. The service was great! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception site! Everything was perfect. I would highly recommend this place for any kind of event. Thank you again!

Sent on 10/20/2008

Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

Melissa came to us with her father and mother for our first appointment. I knew this reception was going to be filled with much love and character from the very beginning because of how lovely the parents and daughter interacted and as the result, the reception was pure and heavenly! She could not stop smiling and I loved working with her father very much!!!

Stephanie · Married on 09/13/2008

Awesome service. Jorge the manager was amazing. He managed every detail and was able to make last minute changes without difficulty. They provided great service valued way above the price they charge.

Sent on 09/25/2008

Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

Stephanie's reception reminded me of the beautiful movie Somewhere in Time. She was extremely beautiful and so was the crowd! The music, the cake, the centerpieces were amazing! I remember that her mother was very proud of her daughter and began planning the reception with me about year and a half before the date! What an exquisite reception they held for their guests!

Lauren · Married on 07/19/2008

My wedding reception was beautiful, just how I had envisioned! I recommend the Gateway Grand Hotel to anyone I come across who is getting married or having a big event. I especially loved working with Jorge, the Director of Catering (he's awesome!).

Sent on 09/25/2008

Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

Lauren's reception was out of this world! Her mother brought these beautiful centerpieces that after the reception was done I made the hotel buy them from her mother for our own use. The cake at this reception was not to be forgotten! The tropical theme was tastefully done!! Cudos!!!
  • S2BMrs.Woods

Krystal · Married on 04/09/2016

The Best Western was very helpful with my wedding planning. My guest will be staying at this hotel. They got back with me the very next business day about my hotel rooms that I need to have booked. The staff is very nice.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Runner · Married on 02/07/2009

Of all of the places that we looked at in the area, this really was the best value for the money. You can have a beautiful, elegant wedding, without breaking the bank. Once we were at the reception, I can't remember worrying about a thing. Almost everything was taken care of as it should have been. We did also have a lot of comments about how great the food was. I would definitely recommend the Gateway Grand.

Sent on 05/03/2009

Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

This couple was very special to me! I admired how the now husband (who is a phenomenal personal trainer) always showed his love to his now wife and the attention they gave to all the details! Their reception was beautiful and they treated their guests with all the very BEST!!

April · Married on 08/02/2014

My experience with everyone (all the staff) was excellent. The ceremony and reception was picture perfect. Jaime and Jorge made the catering part of it so easy. Jaime received all of my requests and brought my ideas to life. I literally changed my venue three or four times and they didn’t hesitate to make the necessary changes immediately. The banquet staff was great and so accommodating during the reception. Everything flowed so smoothly you would think we rehearsed with them the night before. Kim in reservations made my family (out of town) feel welcome when they arrived. Our complimentary items that we received were awesome. The hospitality was felt every step of the way. Oh and the chef that created my omelet during breakfast was awesome too, I wish I knew his name. It gave me such a sigh of relief that I didn’t have to worry about my day at all. Thank you! AJ

Sent on 08/05/2014

Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

Thank you so much April for the kind words. It was our pleasure to host your wedding here at the Best Western and we are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your special day. We wish you both all the happiness!
  • Tricia and Jason

Tricia · Married on 02/13/2010

3.0

This venue was beautiful! The staff were helpful and accomodating. The only complaint I had was for a wedding of 85 people, the smaller ballroom was too crowded for my guests to feel comfortable.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

Thank you so kindly for your review and we hope both of you are growing stronger loving each other and always having God as the center of your lives! May you both prosper in all you do whether for the family or professionally! Best Wishes and Tiffany Griffith who helped you with your arrangements is back in graduate school! I am sorry to hear that the room chosen for the reception felt small for your great group of 60 guests! I hope they at least had a great time to bond and celebrate your grand day with you and Jason! Greetings and Happy Holidays! Thank you very kindly!

Kayla · Married on 02/25/2017

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

Diana and Ashley were amazing, prompt and responsive when talking about details. They were very accommodating and flexible when it came to what we needed. However, Diana told us that my vendors could start setting up the site at about 8am. However, my husband found out that they double booked the room. We were supposed to have both halves of the ballroom for the entire day. They had a doctor's conference booked for half of the room until 2pm and our reception started at 5pm. I told all of my vendors that they could come at 10am to set up; they were there and couldn't do anything. So they left their stuff and the Best Western set up everything when that conference was done. All the while my husband is running around trying to get answers on his wedding day. For the actual reception, bartenders were counting drinks wrong. We almost ran out of bar money 1.5 hours into our reception and my husband asked how this was possible. The 2 bartenders said that they were pouring doubles when it says IN THEIR CONTRACT that they are not allowed to our doubles, so that is how our money was running out so fast. One of my guests didn't get champagne for the toast and tried to tell Mark (in charge of the night). He accused him of drinking it already and just wanting more. At 8:30, my husband and I had our cake ceremony. At 9:15, I saw that the cake had not been cut and served to our guests yet. My husband asked why it hadn't been served yet and they responded, "Oh, you want us to cut the cake?" Well, cake cutting services was in our contract. So, people left our wedding without getting cake. Also, coffee and tea were included in our package and neither was served. The Best Western was the most aggravating part of our wedding. It was definitely a beautiful venue and I loved Ashley (catering manager) and Diana (wedding coordinator), but everyone who worked the actual wedding night didn't care. They stressed us out very much.

Sent on 03/06/2017

Sarah · Married on 04/23/2016

1.4
      1.5
      0.5
      1.5

The food turned out ok. The gentleman that I originally worked with had quit a month before my wedding and I felt like I was just passed around to other people. The lady that was suppose to be working with us could not be found the day of the wedding. It took a week after the wedding for them to find my cake tray ( sterling silver) but all my main table decoration could not be found. I tried calling to talk to someone, and no one would return my calls. I just felt like my wedding was not important to them. My husband I stayed the night there after the reception. I had booked the honeymoon suite 9 months before our reception. We did not get the correct room and they charged me the same price for a smaller room as I was paying for the suite. The venue is beautiful, but was very disappointed with staff with the final outcome. No one seemed to really care.

Sent on 05/07/2016