BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand Reviews

36 Reviews for BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 07/02/2016

The space was amazing and the food great. I don't think there is a better value in Gainesville for a ballroom that can fit 100+ people. I started this process with Jorge and worked with several different people over the months but in the end every staff member I worked with was professional and accommodating. My guest loved the hotel for their stay and we had blocked about 20 rooms.

Gina · Married on 05/30/2015

Jorge was amazing in creating the wedding of my dreams. He was extremely helpful and caring during the wedding process.

Sent on 06/11/2015

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

I came into Gina's wedding reception planning somewhat at a later time during the process. The embracement was so mutually it made the transition seamless; most of it because of Gina's meticulous organization and vision with the picture perfect wedding reception. I was impressed by the fact that there was never observed the usual peer pressure that couples sometimes carry on their shoulders and how much they cared for making sure their guests came to a clean beautiful reception with great food and entertainment. Gina's tenacity shone throughout our meetings and I am grateful for the trust she grew for me! I am confident that on their wedding day their marriage was sealed on a solid strong loving foundation and commitment along with the perennial support of their families! It was a very smooth and pleasant experience to being part of the wedding reception of two phenomenal human beings! Awesome! God bless your life journey together! Thank you!

jana · Married on 05/16/2015

I had my wedding reception here and it was amazing. Jorge took the best care of my husband and I. He was there every step of the way and always returned my call and email almost instantly. The food, bar and staff were all amazing. They decorated the venue over what I expected and it was by far the greatest night of my life. I wouldn't pick anywhere else to have my wedding. Jorge is amazing at what he does!

Sent on 06/12/2015

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

The harvest of my years in this profession and of working at the Gateway Grand are reaping in abundance thank to God Almighty, to the awesome team I work with and most of all to the amazing brides, guests, groups we have had the privilege to help during the planning of the most significant events in their lives; without them there would not be a reason to justify our jobs in the hospitality industry. Jana I will remember for as long as my memory allows me to. Jana is a special woman with a very important mission of shining her light to everyone she meets! Her wedding reception was impeccably beautiful because of the iridescent soul, vibrant personality and for being completely grounded with authenticity in all she said and did while we worked together building the wedding reception of the year! Her bridal gown was a masterpiece all together, the flowers, the music, the fashion, the guests, all was orchestrated in such way that it was simply delightful to witness one precious moment for Jana, husband and guests! Truly remarkable work by Jana to mark the beginning of her lifetime marriage! Cudos to you Jana! Simply excellent and thank you for the trust and for believing! God bless!

kevin · Married on 07/26/2014

The Project Manager Jamie was very helpful and did a great job to help put everything together and make it flow smoothly. The room was great and the food was delicious. The staff was very prompt and attentive to the guests. This was not our first event at this Hotel and I would deffinitly return and recommend them.

Brenda · Married on 06/14/2014

Excellent staff and everything went exactly as planned. The food was exquisite and the catering director was very hands on during the planning process, especially during the event itself.

Sent on 06/17/2014

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

We had an awesome time with the planning of this terrific wedding reception. Most of the coordinating took place via email and phone since the family was over seas and unable to visit as much as they would have wanted! The family embraced us as one of their own and we felt the same about them! The reception was decked out and the guests were dressed impeccably! From the table linen to the flowers, wedding cakes, party favors all was done with much taste and finesse! Guests raved about the hors d'oeuvres, food and services rendered throughout the evening. The reception featured a live band and it keep the crowd on their feet for five hours of pure energy! We are grateful for the experience and for the trust throughout the planning of this amazing wedding reception! GRACIAS!

Gateway grand is the best venue in town. Their prices and food cannot be beat! Service and help was the best!

• User4141930 · 2+ years ago

Jorge at Gateway Grand was absolutely incredible! He is such a sweet person and so knowledgable and helpful. I loved that this place didn't nickel and dime you like so many other wedding venues do. Everything was included in one base price. The food was astonishing and we received many compliments on how delicious it was from our guests. Service was wonderful. Really made everything such a breeze for planning and stress-free.

Sent on 05/31/2014

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

I/We are most grateful for this genuine review! What has begun a little bit disappointing for my bride and groom elsewhere thankfully ended in a fairy tale when the hotel was able to rescue their wedding reception! Doubt and hesitation soon were gone and we all embraced the fact that because love and perseverance rule the air, the wedding reception was to be just as envisioned! Everyone in this family portrayed a peaceful charisma and were confident our what we do best and with great enthusiasm! Their colors, decorations, cake, favors were tasteful and our bride and groom were out of a Disney story! Impeccable! Thank you for the confidence, the compliments and know that it goes clockwise! I am sincerely grateful for the genuine words and they mean more than what those same words can say! May God bless your marriage and family abundantly! Let His grace always lead the way!

Margaret · Married on 04/12/2014

Our family celebrated my son & daughter-in-law's wedding & reception at the Best Western Gateway Grand last weekend. From the very moment I spoke with Jorge, I knew this was the right place. We were treated like royalty from the moment we stepped foot in the hotel. The level of professionalism, accommadation, courtesy & hard work cannot be beat! It was truly the best hotel experience we have ever had. The grounds are beautiful, the food was incredible, the rooms were clean & so comfortable. And my biggest stress was relieved when I learned the hotel is pet-friendly.

Sent on 04/18/2014

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

I was excited to see this wedding and reception at the hotel after knowing that the bride's mother was an artist of creating floral and all kind of decorations! On the day of the wedding all expectations I had were exceeded all around! The flowers, the altar, the decorations, the ambiance her mother created was just a masterpiece! The arrays of so many colorful variety of flowers, the linens, the centerpieces and the wedding cake all came together for a very intimate yet fun wedding and reception. I am grateful for the way I was embraces by the bride and groom mothers. Both were extremely delightful and at times I felt like I knew them for a very long time! The newly husband and wife will make a fantastic couple because both came from fantastic mothers. Thank you to the entire family and best wishes.

Lindsey · Married on 08/03/2013

Jorge was absolutely amazing and did a fantastic job on our wedding. He came highly recommended and I know why. Jorge was kind, patient, organized and extremely helpful with all of the planning and details leading up to the wedding. On the big day everything went perfectly. He completely captured our vision and made sure everything ran smoothly. He instilled confidence in us from day one and was an absolute dream to work with. Jorge was wonderful and timely with his responses via phone and email as well. I would not have changed a single thing and was so thankful that we chose Jorge and the Best Western Grand. Thank you Jorge! Lindsey and Carter

Sent on 08/15/2013

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

I am humbled and most grateful for this review. I am also very thankful for the wedding receptions we have celebrated lately because the charisma, simplicity, understanding and most of all the chemistry among the couples and us have been truly a blessing and a great journey as well! Lindsey & Carter were (are still of course) the daughter and the son every parent wishes for seeing growing up and becoming as fine as they have. Once I got to meet the entire family at the reception and see the strong family love outpouring among themselves and guests it made sense that they could have not become anything else but extraordinare! It was a solid fact that both are loved as integral part of their families and were already embraced by the new family members they became part of on the wedding day! I wish them the very best and thank you for the opportunity to help with the success and beauty of your wedding day! God bless!

Debbie · Married on 08/03/2013

I want to give a high recommendation to Jorge Negron. Our daughter and son-in-law had their reception at the Best Western Gateway Grand. It was fantastic! Jorge Negron was wonderful from start to finish. He is the consummate professional. His advice was always spot on. I relied heavily on his expertise, and he knows his business. I would highly recommend this venue because of Jorge. You are in great hands with his knowledge, kindness, and professionalism. There are not enough words to say what a fantastic job he did for our family. We give the highest rating to Jorge Negron!

Sent on 08/16/2013

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

My gratitude goes beyond limits and I thank Debbie with my heart for she blindly embraced my work and also my advice and furthermore I believe I was blessed by gaining her trust! Exquisite is how I can describe Debbie who really let things flow naturally and had great faith on our work and trasmitted so much love to me and staff! Her main goal was always making sure that her daughter Lindsey had the best reception not just with the food and beverage but with the fellowship, activities and atmosphere of the wedding reception! It was indeed a great time the one we all spent hosting Lindsey & Carter's wedding reception and Debbie received from us the love and attention she first brought here and gave to each one of us. The wedding reception was the harvest of a beautiful working relationship and of having faith on others when they get together to fulfill the same goal, the same sacrament! Thank you very sincerely Debbie! You are an angel among us!

Rachel · Married on 06/16/2013

Jorge made planning my wedding a breeze! He took care of all our catering needs and that was quite a task. We had both gluten allergy concerns and kosher meals to provide for but Jorge took care of everything. All our guests RAVED about the delicious food at the wedding and the service was outstanding. The salmon was my personal favorite but many of our guests found the vegetarian option a delight!
    Jorge went above and beyond for us on several occasions in our wedding planning process. We had some difficulties with our florist, but Jorge personally took it upon himself to double and triple check every table setting and arrangement hours before the reception began so that we knew everything was in order. He knew exactly what we wanted and was very detailed oriented. Also, our ceremony venue scheduled another event during our rehearsal slot only a few weeks before the wedding. I wrote Jorge a frantic email and he immediately wrote me back saying he had already secured a lovely room for us at the hotel that we could utilize as a rehearsal space. We could not have managed without him!
    Finally, Jorge's sparkling personality and catering expertise not only dazzled me and my fiance, but also thoroughly impressed both our mothers (each of whom are very difficult in their own special way). He addressed each of their concerns and special requests right up front, making them feel confident and comfortable with him.They absolutely loved him, and on our big day all our minds were at ease knowing the Jorge was in charge of our reception.
    AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! IT WAS THE MOST PERFECT RECEPTION EVER!
    Thank you Jorge for everything!!!

Sent on 07/09/2013

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

Wow! I need to take a moment and relax as the excitement and gratitude emotions are really charged right now! There is not enough room here for me to share with the world what it meant to me being part of this extraordinare now husband and wife's wedding day and how much we embraced each other where at one point the business relationship was all forgotten and I felt it was my son or my daughter the one I was doing the work for! When it came to caring mothers, there I had two with me, when it was something with numbers, I was worry free having David at our side with his impeccable genious mind for those important estimates, if it was something on regards to clear vision of the big pictures, detailed descriptions, making firm and strong decisions then I was also worry free having Rachel being accertive, practical and solid on her wishes! I was scheduling more meetings than needed just so I had time to visit with them. The reception was spectacular, the cake tasteful enough to take your sugar levels to your brain, the entertainment dynamite but above all the simplicity of the families, the serenity of our bride and groom, the joy seeing on everyone's faces, the mothers starring at their kids with such tenderness, it was one evening to really place in our memory hard drive! Not very often we in the catering business get blessed with the opportunity to welcome the opportunity to be of service to exquiste people like the W&P families. I feel like I have hit nothing but several home runs on a row with my gracious Rachel, and before Rachel with my loving and delicate Sara and before Sara how can I not say with my beautiful princess Idania preceeded by my barbie doll of all times Fredenesha and most recently with my with my runway model Natasha! Each one and along with their husbands have allowed me to learn about life, cultures, respect and with the enrichment of my soul! Thank you for adding joy to my career! Mazel Tov! God bless!

Sara · Married on 06/01/2013

The catering manager, Jorge Negron, is by far the best person to work with for any event. For my wedding, Jorge and his staff bent over backwards to make all of my dreams come true for my wedding reception. They catered to every special request that I had and provided me so many extra touches at no extra cost. I could never have imagined working with anyone except Jorge for my reception. The service was remarkable. The food was the talk of the night. I had so many guests tell me that the food was better than they have ever had at any wedding that they have been to. The most impressive part was that all of the special services were reasonably priced. If I had gone with a different vendor, there is no way that I would have been able to afford my dream wedding.

Sent on 06/11/2013

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

There are times when some people walk into your life journey and leave with footprints engraved in your heart! This is the case of Sara & Danilo. From our very first appointment I knew this was going to be a very exciting and most rewarding experience. Both worked unceasingly to materialize their wedding dream day and it became reality on June 1 when we saw a fairy tale wedding taking place at the hotel. It was gorgeous not only because of the exquisite decorations but also because of the genuine bride and groom, their awesome parents, relatives and polite guests! It was an evening of phenomenal food and spirits! Above all Sara and Danilo did all the work trusting in their solid faith and the people they hired to accomplish what they envision for their wedding day! It was a true blessing, honor and privilege to have been part of their wedding day and of knowing they left footprints in my heart! Thank you Sara and Danilo! May God bless you abundantly! A masterpiece wedding and reception! Muito Obrigado!
  • I

Idania · Married on 05/25/2013

My entire experience from start to finish was wonderful with Jorge and his team at the Best Western for my wedding on May 25, 2013. I was a little nervous that the "wedding industry" was only going to try to take advantage of my family financially, but this was truly not the case with the Best Western. The prices are competitive, especially for the Cinderella style wedding I wanted, and I truly felt like Jorge was not only tentative to my needs, but really cared about making my wedding everything I wanted it to be (not what he thought it should be). Jorge listens and is incredibly responsive. My guests were really impressed with the venue and the food. Also, Jorge & his team at the Best Western remained upfront and responsive through out the entire experience. I was/am extremely pleased.

Sent on 06/13/2013

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

Idania came to us through word of mouth and when I met her along with her awesome mother I knew this was going to be an exciting experience due that both were extremely jovial, very organized, patient and their views were real with the taste of a fairy tale! The vision of Idania's wedding day was captured with all the beautiful details that enhanced the Ballroom and when she arrived to the reception I was engulfed with emotion as when I saw her she looked just like Cinderella and looked like a walking doll! Radiant, happy, relaxed and grateful were some of the hundred of adjectives we could use to describe her as well as her entire crowd of guests! Exquisite taste for the decorations, my favorite color purple was her main color, overall a very tasteful well done reception planning, execution of it and a FUN evening from beginning to the end. Her mother is a professional photographer and took some amazing pictures on site! What I treasure the very most is the way Idania writes her emails, her eloquence with words and signing each one at the end with the words: love and or best! That meant very much to me as she welcomed me and services without distinction of me being just a hotel representative but rather her wedding planning "buddy"! This was one more great blessing from above and it is hard to see the reception come and go as I miss the frequent contact and conversations! Idania will succeed in life with her skills, talents and loving humility! I feel honored for being allowed to be part of her beautiful day! Thank you Idania! God bless you and family! Come back with pictures please! You close my May with a beautiful wedding reception and another great woman followed you to welcome my June with yet another wonderful and loving experience just like yours! I am a very lucky director of catering here at the Best Western! Our brides are all very special, unique and make our job very meaningful and rewarding! We love our wedding receptions!

Jessica · Married on 12/29/2012

We were extremely pleased and happy with the service we received at The Best Western Gateway Grand. Jorge was so easy to work with and was very helpful. We also had meetings with Jade and Ray- both were great as well! Out of all the venues we looked at, this one was the most impressive. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 01/31/2013

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

Yet a true blessing sent to us not only meeting and then working with the bride and groom but also through her parents attitude, sensitivity and humility! They love their daughter and now son-in-law very much and allow the wedding day to be their daughter's day 100%! We clicked from the very first day when we met to discuss the possibility of holding the reception at the hotel! Their charisma and the simplicity of their wishes and beautiful vision of what to accomplish with the final product was embraced immediately by me and later by our banquet staff! We even helped Jessica's father with a different dinner event before her wedding reception day! During the planning process I was fascinated by the fact that our groom Danny had a vast knowledge on regards to Christmas trees and how they are cut and brought to Florida! I am a loyal fan of those trees and of their scent! I enjoyed it working and meeting with the family and I am grateful for the trust they had on me and our services! Beautiful wedding of a beautiful couple with beautiful values and a beautiful future ahead! Cheers for a life time of prosperity, faith and good health!

Suzanne · Married on 10/26/2012

Best Western - Gateway Grand hosted my wedding reception and they were fantastic! Jorge went above and beyond and helped me with planning the event. He was worked with our budget and was so accommodating and paid attention to every detail. I had lots of compliments from my guests on the food! I would highly recommend working with Jorge to any brides!

Sent on 12/10/2012

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

Another blessing I count on my work experience is the one I was given to help Suzanne & Greg with their reception planning. Their chemistry and humility were integral to the success of the planning and the extraordinaire and sophisticated wedding reception as the result of a dedicated team to ensure details, set up, food, entertainment, cake, ALL aspects were as envisioned! Truly a very special couple with a very special journey ahead of them! God has great plans for this one marriage and their love will make a difference in many people's lives beginning with their own! Thank you for the honor given to be walking with you through the planning process and thank you for the trust given from the very beginning! I am most grateful and bless you in the name of the One who united both of you before you knew it! Cheers!

Rose · Married on 08/12/2012

Jorge helped make our wedding day the best day of our lives. The ballroom was perfect and the food was amazing. Can't say enough about this man and this place :)

Sent on 08/15/2012

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

Very few times I get to experience the honor of working with someone who teaches me the importance of practicing simplicity, humility and building trust when not knowing the expected. Rose and Andrew were exquisite to work with and are vessels of great charisma, faith and gratitude! Their wedding and reception both took place here and we indeed were honor to be part of their most beautiful day together! Everything was simple yet very elegant but one thing we knew for sure...love was overflowing in the Ballroom! We wish you both a life filled with grace, love and much peace! Thank you for the trust you both had in me! Congratulations, Best Wishes and may God bless you!

ALISHA · Married on 06/30/2012

Jorge and his staff was wonderful!

Sent on 07/07/2012

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

A wonderful person has made a wonderful comment on her experience at the Hotel! Alisha has been one of the most hard working brides I have helped in many years. Although she is the type that is extremely organized and detailed in her projects not to exclude her wedding, she learned to trust and to hope on those like us that were helping her to have the wedding of her dreams! Her goodwill, patience, compassion were assets that helped her carried on with her vision of a beautiful wedding reception. She was radiant and immaculate on the day of the wedding and so was her bridegroom! Alisha had the blessing of having a best friend in her life that worked hard to ensure Alisha had a stress free day and this friend event came from another state to be with Alisha! Good deeds do pay off and this wedding reception was a testimony of such! I thank Alisha for the trust she put on us and for allowing us to execute her event beautifully! Ahh, I can't forget to say that the bridal party had a phenomenal dance for the guests and the bridal party was composed of at least 26 people!! Now that was a party! Congratulations and Best Wishes to the new Curtis-Marshall Family! God bless you on your marriage!

Judi · Married on 04/21/2012

Our used the Gateway Grand Hotel for our 50th Class reunion on April 21, 2012. We had 150 guest for our banquet. We were so impressed with the chef, Jorge, who went out of his way from everything from the delicious prepared food along with the room setup even adding special touches to the ballroom to even make it a warmer environment for our celebration. We let Jorge suggest the menu and he was right on cue for this one!! You won't go wrong using them! Judi Rembert; Alachua, FL

Sent on 04/24/2012

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

This class reunion was awesome!! I could learn so much from them as all weekend long they filled our hotel with cheerful spirit, joyful gatherings and you could sense how close these classmates have remained throughout the years! The decorations were impressive and so elegantly done! The planning of the event was smooth, fun and completely stress free! I considered ourselves to be blessed as we get to service so many great, caring and compassionate clients! This class reunion was one to remember for sure!! Thank you GHS Class of 1962. Hope to see you again in five years!

Jorge did a wonderful job of making my day perfect! Couldn't of dreamed of anything better!!!

Sent on 03/28/2012

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

This was a very special bride for me because she was the care giver of someone I admired very much! The same hard work she showcased while being the care giver she also brought it along with great energy and skills to her reception planning. She held herself perfectly despite the peer pressure she at times got from people who love her and did it with the best intention however it brought some overwhelming moments. In the end, as magical as always, everything fell into place, Amanda was super beautiful, the bridesmaids wore very elegant black dresses, the cake was beautiful and the groom was one man with a phenomenal sense of humor and good will! I almost forgot about the candy table and the photo booth. I felt like a kid when I saw the candy table and the photo booth brought a lot of fun throughout the night. Well done Amy!

marie · Married on 12/03/2011

Outstanding service, very professional, patient, cordial and respectful.Jorje has all of these attributes.

Youlanda · Married on 12/03/2011

This was the perfect venue for my wedding that took place on Dec 3. The food was excellent, the service was great, and the hotel looked fabulous. Jorge Negron, the catering manager was fun and easy to work with. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great place to host a wedding, reunion, work function, etc...

Sent on 12/26/2011

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

This wedding and reception was very special to me since it was the second wedding and reception I helped the family with! I was amazed by the way we did almost the entire planning through email and how beautiful everything came up together! This family is very dear to me with lots of kindness to emulate! The whole event was gorgeous including the guests, parents and bridal couple! May God bless your marriage for ever and ever!

Maria · Married on 07/31/2010

The Best Western is an amazing venue and Jorge was extremely helpful!

Sent on 11/04/2010

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

Maria and Timmy's wedding reception was by far enchanted! Many guests were amazed at the decorations and lightening provided at the reception. It was an exquisite evening and people danced until they could not anymore!!! The entertainment was awesome, the cake was picture perfect and Maria and Timmy looked so radiant throughout the evening, the reception (especially the flowers) was like being taken from a fairy tale book! Outstanding work by Maria!
  • Misty

Misty · Married on 03/27/2010

Having our reception at this venue was a truly memorable experience! The banquet staff was very warm and welcoming and Jorge went above and beyond to help us have an awesome, stress free wedding reception!! In addition, the hotel itself provided many beautiful locations for photos. All of our guests enjoyed staying here after the reception as well and they really appreciated having the restaurant and bar on-site as a place to "catch up" with friends and family. We could not have asked for a more perfect day!!!

Sent on 05/27/2010

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

Misty's reception was a culmination of a year of very detailed and organized work. Misty from the very beginning had a phenomenal idea of how she envisioned the room, the menu, etc. She is very eco friendly and I remember especially when she and Rick came to the taste testing and how much they and her mother enjoyed the food. The reception was beautiful and Misty and Rick looked like taken from a magazine shot. It was a very very pleasant experience for me working with Misty and Rick and I applaud for the organization skills Misty had throughout the planning!!! Yeah!!

Amy · Married on 11/07/2009

Our wedding was at sunset by the poolside gazebo and I could not have asked for a more beautiful location. The staff was great. The director of catering, Jorge, was always on top of things for us. The food was wonderful. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/11/2009

BEST WESTERN® Gateway Grand's reply:

I am so thankful to see this review here, we just hosted Amy & Sean's wedding and reception last weekend. This was a very smooth planning due to the fact that Amy was extremely organized, knew exactly what she had envisioned for her reception! The room and Amy were top notch and I know Sean probably got very happy when he saw Amy walking toward the gazebo for their wedding. I believe she was very lucky to have had her friend Leslie passing onto her the hints from when she arranged her reception here as well!! A complete pleasure and privilege to have the opportunity to be of service to Amy & Sean! Best Wishes